Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

Another article:
The far-right was responsible for the majority of America’s extremist killings in 2017

In total, extremists killed at least 34 people in 2017. The far-right accounted for 59% of these deaths, or 20 deaths. The report linked several killings to the alt-right movement, which expanded and moved its operations from the internet into the physical world last year. The chaos in Charlottesville, where a counter-protester, Heather Heyer, was killed and dozens were injured after a car driven by a white supremacist plowed into a group of pedestrians, marked the return of neo-Nazi street confrontations. The shift in tactic raises “the likely possibility of more such violent acts in the future,” the report notes.
Read the list....A lot of those have very dubious connections -if any at all- to any political activity, and NONE of them are a product of organized rioting in the streets....For instance, gang murders in prison hardly equate to political violence in the real world.

You're really grasping at every available straw to float this idiotic narrative.

And for the left...dont take the low road. Michelle Obama is right, not Eric Holder or Maxine Waters.

FACT CHECK: Is Left-Wing Violence Rising?

Fire your moron fact checker. THe answer is a definite YES... DAILY... More than one a day for past months.

Not only THAT -- but the article you're quoting is from the week of the Congressional baseball team shooting. Literally HUNDREDS of incidences of violence since then targeted at all forms of opposition to the lefttists in this country..
Really...hundreds? Show me hundreds of verified, police reported non hearsay and demonstratably ideologicaly motivated incidents. Oh and try not to use Brietbart, another very flawed source. I will wait for the hundreds.

Really...hundreds? Show me hundreds of verified, police reported non hearsay and demonstratably ideologicaly motivated incidents. Oh and try not to use Brietbart, another very flawed source. I will wait for the hundreds.
Says the hack whose OP is an article from the hacksters at WaPo?!? :laughing0301:

IronyMeter.jpg

Some food for thought here.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

One of the links in your above post, goes to a Forbes article and while it leaves much of the murders on the Islamists. The article had a piece of information that went along with the topic. Is stated that while left wingnuts only killed 23 people since 1992, however since 2016, the left wing nuts had killed 13 people, while rightwingnuts only killed 5. It seems your hypothesis is flawed.

Another article:
The far-right was responsible for the majority of America’s extremist killings in 2017

In total, extremists killed at least 34 people in 2017. The far-right accounted for 59% of these deaths, or 20 deaths. The report linked several killings to the alt-right movement, which expanded and moved its operations from the internet into the physical world last year. The chaos in Charlottesville, where a counter-protester, Heather Heyer, was killed and dozens were injured after a car driven by a white supremacist plowed into a group of pedestrians, marked the return of neo-Nazi street confrontations. The shift in tactic raises “the likely possibility of more such violent acts in the future,” the report notes.

This opinion piece was written by a left wing shill.

Quartz

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump,

Huh? What did Trump do besides make liberals cry, get rid of the mandate, and over turn Obama's EOs with his EOs

If you are going to resort to childish insults, don't expect any further replies.

??????

Childish insults I stated three facts ..

Trump May Not Be Crazy, But the Rest of Us Are Getting There Fast

Trump May Not Be Crazy, But the Rest of Us Are Getting There Fast
Psychologists’ couches are filling up as Americans seek relief from Trump Anxiety Disorder.

By JOHN F. HARRIS and SARAH ZIMMERMAN

10/12/2018 05:09 AM EDT
Apologies Bear, I neant
I think it is about even. The left has been largeky rude and trashy. The right a bit more lethal, killing immigrants, burning mosques, running over protesters.

What immigrants were killed? What Congressmen were shot?
You take the incident of a nutter shooting congressmen and use that to portray the entire left and excuse the violence from the right.

You condemn Maxine Water's words and give Trump's words a free pass. You scour the right wing media pushing this meme of one sided violence or, more often, just rude band trashy behavior.

No wonder think it so one sided, it excuses the right and creates a new class of victims and worse justifies violent actions on your part.

As to your second question:

Man who yelled 'get out of my country' before killing Indian immigrant pleads guilty, faces life sentence

Antifa is a violent organization, and you support it in your op.

As do the dem party and many lib politicians.
oh bullshit. The Op doesnt support Antifa any more than you support the neo nazis.

From your op.

" antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression."
Antifa is not the Bogeyman you have blown them up to be. They are thugs that tangle with and target white nationslists. They destroy property and cause rioting and disorder. You have bkown them uo into something like MS -13 which is ridiculous.

It seems you have a great need to portray yourselves as victims which is the ultimate irony given your constant attacks on the left fir their politics of victimization.

We do have eyes and ears....

The vast majority of the violence is coming from the left

FACT...……………...
But it's not a fact. It is rwnj propaganda.

I will wager I can provide more videos of left wing violence

than you can of Right wing violence....

I will bet you won't bet because we all know you

libtards are all full of shit...….

“Wanna” bet you lying Jack Ass?
The RWNJs are careful about who witnesses their crimes but they are far more violent.

Study shows two-thirds of U.S. terrorism tied to right-wing extremists

No one believes your Bull Shit....

November 6th will prove it...….
Lol, so no response then?

Cool.

No response necessary….

We all know you, like all libtards are full of Shit…….

There is clear danger coming from both ends. When it's pouring out like water through a fire hose, trying to identify which end is worse is folly.

This doesn't improve until both ends fully hold their own tribe accountable.

Not holding my breath.
Libertarians and anarcho-capitalists have disavowed and dissociated themselves form kooks like Christopher Cantwell...The left can't say the same...In fact, they venerate their violent goons.

ryanbomberger45.png

A leftist organization.

There is clear danger coming from both ends. When it's pouring out like water through a fire hose, trying to identify which end is worse is folly.

Not holding my breath.
Libertarians and anarcho-capitalists have disavowed and dissociated themselves form kooks like Christopher Cantwell...The left can't say the same...In fact, they venerate their violent goons.
I've seen support for the alt right "Proud Boys" and their violence here, many times.

"Yeah, my side shouldn't have done that, but..." just isn't good enough any more.

The Right could start by looking at a President who pretends not to know who David Duke is, and who compliments "body slamming" violence to adoring crowds.

Non existent violence? What about cutting off Trump's head, holding it up with all the blood dripping down and calling it 'comedy?' What kind of sick fucker does that? What about antifa violence? What about a Democrat shooting a congressman at a ball game? What about Maxi Waters telling people to attack Republicans at gas stations and restaurants? WTF are you even talking about? Oh wait......I get it now....You and your ilk are ALWAYS 'victims'....I think I get it now.....If lefties attack it's because someone said something 'bad.'
Republicans are fed up with liberals using violence. Now they are getting their asses whooped because of it, they will claim victim.

Not holding my breath.
I've seen support for the alt right "Proud Boys" and their violence here, many times.

"Yeah, my side shouldn't have done that, but..." just isn't good enough any more.

The Right could start by looking at a President who pretends not to know who David Duke is, and who compliments "body slamming" violence to adoring crowds.

A leftist actually shot into a crowd of republicans at a ballgame and was looking to kill a few, actually hitting some people.

Not holding my breath.

Liberals started the violence. We will finish it.

The Right could start by looking at a President who pretends not to know who David Duke is, and who compliments "body slamming" violence.
When you can point to the PBs proactively hitting the streets, looking to destroy property, disrupt the lives of innocent people, and attack virtually anything that moves, you might have a point.

Not holding my breath.

A leftist actually shot into a crowd of republicans at a ballgame and was looking to kill a few, actually hitting some people.
That's correct. So?

Food..food for thought...I'll tell ya what you're trying to feed us

The shit you crapped out,
after you printed out the articles you linked to,
and force fed them to yourself!

Your whole post is bullshit...I mean, coyote shit!
A well sourced and factually documented post. It's a shame none of the extreme right will actually read the links and offer intelligent rebuttal.
I could kill myself just by climbing your ego
and jumping to your IQ.

If you actually read the links and were intelligent,
you wouldn't consider her post 'factually documented'.

Her post is a cherry picked spin

Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil
from 1992 through August 12, 2017.
Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders.
The 9/11 attacks, by themselves,
killed about 89% of all the victims during this time.

Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists
are the second deadliest group by ideology,
as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time.
The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists.

Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists....
account for 219 murders and 6.6 percent of all terrorist deaths.

Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist/Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then

Tell ya what, the left would have top honors in a heartbeat
If they considered the thug life an ideology and terrorism...
But, we all know...Black Lives and Political Correctness, Matter

You and Windbag have a nice meal now

The Right could start by looking at a President who pretends not to know who David Duke is, and who compliments "body slamming" violence.
When you can point to the PBs proactively hitting the streets, looking to destroy property, disrupt the lives of innocent people, and attack virtually anything that moves, you might have a point.
I just provided three specific examples, and you just ignored them and kept going.

That's the problem. Both ends do that, and that's my point.

It's all the other guy's fault. Just like in kindergarten.

Not holding my breath.

Liberals started the violence. We will finish it.
Another great example, thanks.

Forum List

Back