Roosevelt....the Un-Reagan

Are we saying that an alcoholic can never state the truth.

Is that what this is saying ?

He is, once again, out of his depth.

He accepted the lies of the Left, and the false claim about Senator Joseph McCarthy...that he "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

It will be interesting to see what happens when he finds he cannot support that.

Joe the alcoholic.

Joe the liar.

Was Joe lying because he was an alcoholic ?

Can an alcoholic ever tell the truth ?

And is this thread about Joe ?

We don't know- we know he was an alcoholic and we know that alcoholism can impair judgement and can lead to various psychosis's.

Certainly- an alcoholic can tell the truth or an alcoholic can lie- this specific alcoholic lied.

This thread certainly is not about Joe or Wallace- yet here we are.

The thread has become an expose of how Leftists like you behave when there most closely held beliefs have been torn asunder.

I admit to schadenfreude.

Oh I am just amused by pointing out what a feckless liar you are.

Communism became illegal in August, 1954- yet we have a Communist Party of America to this day.

When was "Tail Gun" Joe at his most virulant and dishonest?

Well from the beginning-

McCarthy served a total tour of duty in the Marines lasting thirty months, or 2½ years, from August 1942 to February 1945, and he held the rank of captain by the time he was discharged in April 1945. He flew twelve combat missions as a gunner-observer, earning the nickname of "Tail-Gunner Joe" in the course of one of these missions.[27]

He later claimed 32 missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross, which he received in 1952. McCarthy publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and countersigned by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations. However, it was revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, in his capacity as intelligence officer. A "war wound" that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or anti-aircraft fire was in fact received aboard ship during a ceremony for sailors crossing the equator for the first time.[

During the hearings, McCarthy moved on from his original unnamed Lee list cases and used the hearings to make charges against nine specific people: Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer, Haldore Hanson, Gustavo Durán, Owen Lattimore, Harlow Shapley, Frederick Schuman, John S. Service, and Philip Jessup. Some of them no longer worked for the State Department, or never had; all had previously been the subject of charges of varying worth and validity. Owen Lattimore became a particular focus of McCarthy's, who at one point described him as a "top Russian spy". Throughout the hearings, McCarthy employed colorful rhetoric, but produced no substantial evidence, to support his accusations.[citation needed]

In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy accused Lattimore in particular of being "the top Russian espionage agent in the United States.

Of course Joe had no proof- and despite numerous hearings- no proof was ever provided to show Lattimore was a 'Russian espionage agent"- but because of Joe's lies- Lattimore lost his consulting jobs with the State Department and his academic career was damaged.

But that is how Joe operated.

This was your claim:
Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

As I had so much fun stuffing the last bet that you lost down your throat....let's do it again.

Bet you can't name any non-communist, or one who wasn't a supporter of communism, whose 'life was ruined by accusations' by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

The liar Joe- lied about Lattimore being a Russian Espionage agent.

And ruined Lattimore's life.

But that is what Joe did.

Excellent!

So....you are now on record claiming that your best example of Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

Owen Lattimore.

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

Owen Lattimore was found to be "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy."

Joe McCarthy claimed that he had proof that Owen Lattimore was a Russian espionage agent.

Joe had no such proof- never presented any such proof- Joe McCarthy was a liar.

You have much in common with him.

Owen Lattimore was found to be "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy."
His life was in no way ruined: in fact, as you prove, he became a hero to the Leftists who love communists

• 1. "The State Department's Owen Lattimore was the man that McCarthy made the most allegations against. McCarthy went so far as to say that he would stake his entire reputation on the question of whether Lattimore was a Communist agent. Now, of course, we have absolute proof that McCarthy was right."
    Senator Joe McCarthy, anti-Communist

2. Lattimore had conferred (during the Hitler-Stalin pact) with the Soviet ambassador about Lattimore's upcoming assignment as President Roosevelt's adviser to Chiang-Kai-Shek — then trying to fend off the Communist revolution in his country.

a. Credible testimony revealed "five episodes" wherein Lattimore — within the Politburo of the Communist Party — "participated as a full participant in the conspiracy."

b. A former brigadier-general in the Soviet military intelligence testified to having been told that "Lattimore was one of our men."

c. On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")
    The documented truth about the McCarthy investigations
  • 3. "Even the truth about Owen Lattimore, the most famous of McCarthy's "victims," has finally come out, thanks to a former Chinese espionage agent's memoirs and declassified FBI files, which go a long way to vindicate McCarthy's original charges. In retrospect, the cause McCarthy made his own — anticommunism — has proved to be more valid and durable than the basic assumptions of his anti-anti-Communist critics.
    Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • Lattimore was found to be a “conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy” by a unanimous Senate committee (William F. Buckley and Brent Bozell, McCarty and His Enemies, p. 274, quoting the Congressional Record)
  • And, subsequently....he also lectured at Harvard!
  • The only thing ruined here is you.....
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

This was your claim:
Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

As I had so much fun stuffing the last bet that you lost down your throat....let's do it again.

Bet you can't name any non-communist, or one who wasn't a supporter of communism, whose 'life was ruined by accusations' by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Excellent!

So....you are now on record claiming that your best example of Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

Owen Lattimore.

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

Joe McCarthy claimed that he had proof that Owen Lattimore was a Russian espionage agent.

His life was in no way ruined: in fact, as you prove, he became a hero to the Leftists who love communists

• 1. "The State Department's Owen Lattimore was the man that McCarthy made the most allegations against. McCarthy went so far as to say that he would stake his entire reputation on the question of whether Lattimore was a Communist agent. Now, of course, we have absolute proof that McCarthy was right."

2. Lattimore had conferred (during the Hitler-Stalin pact) with the Soviet ambassador about Lattimore's upcoming assignment as President Roosevelt's adviser to Chiang-Kai-Shek — then trying to fend off the Communist revolution in his country.

a. Credible testimony revealed "five episodes" wherein Lattimore — within the Politburo of the Communist Party — "participated as a full participant in the conspiracy."

b. A former brigadier-general in the Soviet military intelligence testified to having been told that "Lattimore was one of our men."

c. On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")
  • 3. "Even the truth about Owen Lattimore, the most famous of McCarthy's "victims," has finally come out, thanks to a former Chinese espionage agent's memoirs and declassified FBI files, which go a long way to vindicate McCarthy's original charges. In retrospect, the cause McCarthy made his own — anticommunism — has proved to be more valid and durable than the basic assumptions of his anti-anti-Communist critics.
    Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • Lattimore was found to be a “conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy” by a unanimous Senate committee (William F. Buckley and Brent Bozell, McCarty and His Enemies, p. 274, quoting the Congressional Record)
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

Another "is not, is noooottttttt!!!' post by a Liberal!

Give me a moment....I have to go get the Lysol spray to get your blood off my computer screen.

He is, once again, out of his depth.

He accepted the lies of the Left, and the false claim about Senator Joseph McCarthy...that he "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

It will be interesting to see what happens when he finds he cannot support that.

Joe the alcoholic.

Joe the liar.

We don't know- we know he was an alcoholic and we know that alcoholism can impair judgement and can lead to various psychosis's.

Certainly- an alcoholic can tell the truth or an alcoholic can lie- this specific alcoholic lied.

The thread has become an expose of how Leftists like you behave when there most closely held beliefs have been torn asunder.

Know how readers will judge which of us is the liar?

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

You couldn't find a single example of any innocent whose life was "ruined" by McCarthy's charges.

Not a single one.

What does a Liberal do when I document that what I say is true....and the Liberal propaganda is nothing but a pack of lies?

They screech "Is not, is nooootttttttt!"

And you did just that.

Gads, this is fun.

Excellent!

Owen Lattimore.

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

Give me a moment....I have to go get the Lysol spray to get your blood off my computer screen.

But that is what Joe did

Joe the alcoholic.

Joe the liar.

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

You couldn't find a single example of any innocent whose life was "ruined" by McCarthy's charges.

Not a single one.

What does a Liberal do when I document that what I say is true....and the Liberal propaganda is nothing but a pack of lies?

And you did just that.

Gads, this is fun.

But that is what Joe did

What 'guilt' should he have been saddled with?

The great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarty, sacrificed his own life and career because he refused to do what you have done.....accept the lies of the Left.
You have out kool aided yourself :alcoholic: this time PoliyicalSpice :asshole:

What 'guilt' should he have been saddled with?

The great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarty, sacrificed his own life and career because he refused to do what you have done.....accept the lies of the Left.
You have out kool aided yourself :alcoholic: this time PoliyicalSpice :asshole:

I know you meant to include a link or two to back up your claims.

Must not have made it into the post.

I'm sure we'll see them the next time around. :bs1::bs1::bs1:

When McCarthy drank himself into oblivion, somebody had to take his place as the great communist hunter, but who? At one time I thought Nixon coveted that spot, he sure seemed to be following in old Joe's footsteps, but then. Who took over from McCarthy?

Excellent!

Owen Lattimore.

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

But that is what Joe did

And this post, a typical Liberal post....is a priori evidence of mental illness.

I prove that both Lattimore was a communist....and so stated by a Democrat committee....

...and....in no way was his life "ruined"....he continued to be paid by John Hopkins, and was given a further position by Harvard.

I proved it as follows:

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

Not a single one.

Yet the Liberal position is shown thus:

upload_2015-12-24_8-19-2.jpeg

That's you on the end, huh?

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

Not a single one.

And you did just that.

Gads, this is fun.

But that is what Joe did

"The liar Joe- lied about Lattimore being a Russian Espionage agent.
And ruined Lattimore's life."

Got ya' again....

On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")

Last edited:
When McCarthy drank himself into oblivion, somebody had to take his place as the great communist hunter, but who? At one time I thought Nixon coveted that spot, he sure seemed to be following in old Joe's footsteps, but then. Who took over from McCarthy?

Now...don't pussy-foot around.....

State what you mean: was Senator Joseph McCarthy correct about communists or not?

As your fellow nut-job....er, Liberal, stated 'Senator McCarthy ruined the lives of innocent Americans- those who didn't support communism and the communist conspiracy to subvert the United States government- ...
...ruined their lives with false accusations.

Is that your position?

State what you mean: was Senator Joseph McCarthy correct about communists or not?

As your fellow nut-job....er, Liberal, stated 'Senator McCarthy ruined the lives of innocent Americans- those who didn't support communism and the communist conspiracy to subvert the United States government- ...

Is that your position?
My mama said stay away from drunks.

Is that your position?
My mama said stay away from drunks.

Ooooo......look who's afraid to state his position!

Do you want to go huddle with your 'historians' so they can tell you what to say (certainly not 'think.')

C'mon, you weenie....

Is that your position? Is that what you've been trained to believe?

"The liar Joe- lied about Lattimore being a Russian Espionage agent.
And ruined Lattimore's life."

Got ya' again....

On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")
"renewamerica.com"? :eusa_eh: Is that ANOTHER one of your so-called *cough* "sources" PoliticalSpice?

This is not the elementary school debate team PoliSpice YET you think no one will call you on your hack sourcing

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

But that is what Joe did

And this post, a typical Liberal post....is a priori evidence of mental illness.

I prove that both Lattimore was a communist....and so stated by a Democrat committee....

...and....in no way was his life "ruined"....he continued to be paid by John Hopkins, and was given a further position by Harvard.

I proved it as follows:

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

Not a single one.

View attachment 57804

You have much in common with him.[

You lied- and I caught you in your lie.

You mean the alcoholic Senator who lied to the American people and ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations?

Communism was illegal, as it's doctrine was the violent overthrowing of the Constitution.

Communism became illegal in August, 1954- yet we have a Communist Party of America to this day.

When was "Tail Gun" Joe at his most virulant and dishonest?

Well from the beginning-

McCarthy served a total tour of duty in the Marines lasting thirty months, or 2½ years, from August 1942 to February 1945, and he held the rank of captain by the time he was discharged in April 1945. He flew twelve combat missions as a gunner-observer, earning the nickname of "Tail-Gunner Joe" in the course of one of these missions.[27]

He later claimed 32 missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross, which he received in 1952. McCarthy publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and countersigned by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations. However, it was revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, in his capacity as intelligence officer. A "war wound" that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or anti-aircraft fire was in fact received aboard ship during a ceremony for sailors crossing the equator for the first time.[

During the hearings, McCarthy moved on from his original unnamed Lee list cases and used the hearings to make charges against nine specific people: Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer, Haldore Hanson, Gustavo Durán, Owen Lattimore, Harlow Shapley, Frederick Schuman, John S. Service, and Philip Jessup. Some of them no longer worked for the State Department, or never had; all had previously been the subject of charges of varying worth and validity. Owen Lattimore became a particular focus of McCarthy's, who at one point described him as a "top Russian spy". Throughout the hearings, McCarthy employed colorful rhetoric, but produced no substantial evidence, to support his accusations.[citation needed]

In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy accused Lattimore in particular of being "the top Russian espionage agent in the United States.

Of course Joe had no proof- and despite numerous hearings- no proof was ever provided to show Lattimore was a 'Russian espionage agent"- but because of Joe's lies- Lattimore lost his consulting jobs with the State Department and his academic career was damaged.

But that is how Joe operated.

This was your claim:

Can you supply a link please ?

I can- would the facts matter to you?

IF I did provide you with the link for what I stated- that Joe lied by claiming that he had proof someone was a spy- but didn't- would it matter to you? Would change your opinion about Joe?

Or will you just rationalize why it was okay for Joe to lie?

Is that your position?

Joe didn't care whether he was correct or not- for him the important thing was to make the accusation in front of the cameras.

Some of the people he accused were communists- most weren't. Joe didn't care.

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

But that is what Joe did

I proved it as follows:

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

Not a single one.

View attachment 57804

You have much in common with him.[

You lied- and I caught you in your lie.

Owen Lattimore was indeed a Communist spy as were most of FDR brain Trust

Forum List

Back