Roosevelt....the Un-Reagan

Owen Lattimore was found to be "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy."
His life was in no way ruined: in fact, as you prove, he became a hero to the Leftists who love communists

• 1. "The State Department's Owen Lattimore was the man that McCarthy made the most allegations against. McCarthy went so far as to say that he would stake his entire reputation on the question of whether Lattimore was a Communist agent. Now, of course, we have absolute proof that McCarthy was right."
    Senator Joe McCarthy, anti-Communist

2. Lattimore had conferred (during the Hitler-Stalin pact) with the Soviet ambassador about Lattimore's upcoming assignment as President Roosevelt's adviser to Chiang-Kai-Shek — then trying to fend off the Communist revolution in his country.

a. Credible testimony revealed "five episodes" wherein Lattimore — within the Politburo of the Communist Party — "participated as a full participant in the conspiracy."

b. A former brigadier-general in the Soviet military intelligence testified to having been told that "Lattimore was one of our men."

c. On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")
    The documented truth about the McCarthy investigations
  • 3. "Even the truth about Owen Lattimore, the most famous of McCarthy's "victims," has finally come out, thanks to a former Chinese espionage agent's memoirs and declassified FBI files, which go a long way to vindicate McCarthy's original charges. In retrospect, the cause McCarthy made his own — anticommunism — has proved to be more valid and durable than the basic assumptions of his anti-anti-Communist critics.
    Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • Lattimore was found to be a “conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy” by a unanimous Senate committee (William F. Buckley and Brent Bozell, McCarty and His Enemies, p. 274, quoting the Congressional Record)
  • And, subsequently....he also lectured at Harvard!
  • The only thing ruined here is you.....
  • ...by me.
The liar Joe- lied about Lattimore being a Russian Espionage agent.

And ruined Lattimore's life.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

Another "is not, is noooottttttt!!!' post by a Liberal!

Give me a moment....I have to go get the Lysol spray to get your blood off my computer screen.

But that is what Joe did

And this post, a typical Liberal post....is a priori evidence of mental illness.

I prove that both Lattimore was a communist....and so stated by a Democrat committee....

...and....in no way was his life "ruined"....he continued to be paid by John Hopkins, and was given a further position by Harvard.

I proved it as follows:
Know how readers will judge which of us is the liar?

By this:

Owen Lattimore was found to be "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy."
His life was in no way ruined: in fact, as you prove, he became a hero to the Leftists who love communists

• 1. "The State Department's Owen Lattimore was the man that McCarthy made the most allegations against. McCarthy went so far as to say that he would stake his entire reputation on the question of whether Lattimore was a Communist agent. Now, of course, we have absolute proof that McCarthy was right."

2. Lattimore had conferred (during the Hitler-Stalin pact) with the Soviet ambassador about Lattimore's upcoming assignment as President Roosevelt's adviser to Chiang-Kai-Shek — then trying to fend off the Communist revolution in his country.

a. Credible testimony revealed "five episodes" wherein Lattimore — within the Politburo of the Communist Party — "participated as a full participant in the conspiracy."

b. A former brigadier-general in the Soviet military intelligence testified to having been told that "Lattimore was one of our men."

c. On page 218 of the McCarran committee's voluminous report of its year-long investigation, this bottom line: "[T]he subcommittee can come to no other conclusion but that Lattimore was for some time beginning in the 1930s a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy." (Worthy of note was that a Democrat-led Senate subcommittee would later define Lattimore as "a conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy.")
  • 3. "Even the truth about Owen Lattimore, the most famous of McCarthy's "victims," has finally come out, thanks to a former Chinese espionage agent's memoirs and declassified FBI files, which go a long way to vindicate McCarthy's original charges. In retrospect, the cause McCarthy made his own — anticommunism — has proved to be more valid and durable than the basic assumptions of his anti-anti-Communist critics.
    Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • Lattimore was found to be a “conscious, articulate instrument of the Soviet conspiracy” by a unanimous Senate committee (William F. Buckley and Brent Bozell, McCarty and His Enemies, p. 274, quoting the Congressional Record)
  • ...by me.
You couldn't find a single example of any innocent whose life was "ruined" by McCarthy's charges.

Not a single one.

What does a Liberal do when I document that what I say is true....and the Liberal propaganda is nothing but a pack of lies?

They screech "Is not, is nooootttttttt!"

Yet the Liberal position is shown thus:

View attachment 57804

That's you on the end, huh?

Joe McCarthy claimed that he had proof that Owen Lattimore was a Russian espionage agent.

Joe had no such proof- never presented any such proof- Joe McCarthy was a liar.

You have much in common with him.[

You lied- and I caught you in your lie.

It's Christmas, and here you are: the gift that keeps on giving.

Everything I keep saying about Liberals....you prove them, wrapped in a big red bow!

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

You couldn't find a single example of any innocent whose life was "ruined" by McCarthy's charges.

Not a single one.

What does a Liberal do when I document that what I say is true....and the Liberal propaganda is nothing but a pack of lies?

And you did just that.

To Review:

Henry A. Wallace, by every measure, was a communist....
Liar. You still have not given evidence to one of the lies you are perpetrating in this thread. The Vice President of the USA during WWII was not a communist. To say he was based on your selective speculations to form an agenda driven opinion is a lie. Period, plain and simple. You are demanding people consider your conspiracy theory is factual and it is not.

PoliticalChic

This is a classic example of what I was saying. If the man didn't have a name plate on his desk saying (VP - Communist)....well, you just can't be right.

What a crack up.

And Obama saved us from the next great depression - now, that's a fact.
To Review:

Liar. You still have not given evidence to one of the lies you are perpetrating in this thread. The Vice President of the USA during WWII was not a communist. To say he was based on your selective speculations to form an agenda driven opinion is a lie. Period, plain and simple. You are demanding people consider your conspiracy theory is factual and it is not.

PoliticalChic

This is a classic example of what I was saying. If the man didn't have a name plate on his desk saying (VP - Communist)....well, you just can't be right.

What a crack up.

This thread is in the History forum. Perhaps you find it odd that history buffs and historians, in general, are insistent on how facts are presented. History is not a series of commentaries voicing subjective opinions to reach an analytical conclusive objective "historical fact". Ms. PoliticalChic is presenting a conspiracy theory whereby she is reaching conclusions by the method described. Her conclusions are subjective, not objective. She is demanding that her subjective opinion must be accepted as objective facts. Those who disagree are called liars and a series of immature name callings.

It is a free country, so you can accept her nonsense if you wish. You can even give the old "this is what she really meant" back peddle defense You can even deflect the topic into a relationship with Obama and some allegation of everyone giving him praise for preventing a new Great Depression. What you can not do is expect to be taken seriously making those lame excuses.

PC's conspiracy theory and the many posts of nonsense she presents does not hold up to the over 80 years of scholarly historical record that declares the exact opposite of her opinionated declarations, including the one about America having a sitting communist as a Vice President during WWII or FDR not doing a brilliant job of preparing America for WWII during the years leading up to WWII.

I was just re-reading some posts about Roosevelt's early embrace of the homicidal maniac Stalin, and his efforts to make certain that communism survived...

....and I recalled when you posted this bon mot...

".... That guy was the moral compass for the nation...." Tender Mercies: A Love Story | Page 5 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT?????

Moral compass??????
Hated Jews, blacks and Asian.
Extended the Depression, and WWII....both, by years!
Loved Stalin...the Katyn Forest massacre, the Ukrainian Terror Famine, the blood purges....

Oh, man.....I got such a chuckle out of that!
Quite the Christmas present!

Don't ever change

In some respects one of the most disturbing scenes in the McCarthy era was in the Shine hearing. McCarthy was accusing the army of communism because they had not given a direct commission to G. David Shine, one of his assistants. As the hearing ended, people began packing up their cases, talking and laughing, and somewhere in the room, McCarthy was still making one of his communist speeches and no one was listening. The McCarthy period has ended, and for a split second I felt sorry him.

But that is what Joe did

I love it!!!!

Another "is not, is noooottttttt!!!' post by a Liberal!

Give me a moment....I have to go get the Lysol spray to get your blood off my computer screen.

But that is what Joe did

And this post, a typical Liberal post....is a priori evidence of mental illness.

I prove that both Lattimore was a communist....and so stated by a Democrat committee....

...and....in no way was his life "ruined"....he continued to be paid by John Hopkins, and was given a further position by Harvard.

I proved it as follows:

By this:

Joseph McCarthy
  • 4. Life "ruined"??????
  • ...by me.

Not a single one.

Yet the Liberal position is shown thus:

View attachment 57804

That's you on the end, huh?

Joe McCarthy claimed that he had proof that Owen Lattimore was a Russian espionage agent.

Joe had no such proof- never presented any such proof- Joe McCarthy was a liar.

You have much in common with him.[

You lied- and I caught you in your lie.

Owen Lattimore was indeed a Communist spy as were most of FDR brain Trust

Frankie is once again relying upon the voices in his head.

To Review:

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

To Review:

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

This thread is in the History forum. Perhaps you find it odd that history buffs and historians, in general, are insistent on how facts are presented. History is not a series of commentaries voicing subjective opinions to reach an analytical conclusive objective "historical fact". Ms. PoliticalChic is presenting a conspiracy theory whereby she is reaching conclusions by the method described. Her conclusions are subjective, not objective. She is demanding that her subjective opinion must be accepted as objective facts. Those who disagree are called liars and a series of immature name callings.

It is a free country, so you can accept her nonsense if you wish. You can even give the old "this is what she really meant" back peddle defense You can even deflect the topic into a relationship with Obama and some allegation of everyone giving him praise for preventing a new Great Depression. What you can not do is expect to be taken seriously making those lame excuses.

PC's conspiracy theory and the many posts of nonsense she presents does not hold up to the over 80 years of scholarly historical record that declares the exact opposite of her opinionated declarations, including the one about America having a sitting communist as a Vice President during WWII or FDR not doing a brilliant job of preparing America for WWII during the years leading up to WWII.

I was just re-reading some posts about Roosevelt's early embrace of the homicidal maniac Stalin, and his efforts to make certain that communism survived...

".... That guy was the moral compass for the nation...." Tender Mercies: A Love Story | Page 5 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT?????

Moral compass??????
Loved Stalin...the Katyn Forest massacre, the Ukrainian Terror Famine, the blood purges....

Don't ever change

Oh the Conservatives do hate FDR

Really how can they not? No GOP President except Lincoln has come close to his accomplishments

FDR led the United States to victory over Japan, Germany and Italy
FDR led the United States out of the Depression
FDR gave Americans social security, unemployment insurance, bank depositers insurance, the GI Bill and reduced unemployment from 25% in 1933 to 9% in 1940- to no unemployment by his death
And was possibly the most popular President in American history

Of course Conservatives attack FDR

[

Of course Conservatives attack FDR[/QUOTE
Like it or not America will be living with FDR's heritage for a long time to come, as we live with the heritage of Washington and. Lincoln. If Democrats have FDR, why are so many Republicans seemingly indifferent to Lincoln and even unwilling to claim him, The closest Republicans seem to want to come to great presidents is Reagan, and Reagan's real claim to fame is that he voted for FDR.[/QUOTE]

To Review:

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

To Review:

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT?????

Moral compass??????

Don't ever change

Really how can they not? No GOP President except Lincoln has come close to his accomplishments

FDR gave Americans social security, unemployment insurance, bank depositers insurance, the GI Bill and reduced unemployment from 25% in 1933 to 9% in 1940- to no unemployment by his death

Please....please......tell all once more how Owen Lattimore wasn't a communist!!!

Pleeezzzzzeeeee!

And....remind everyone that, contrary to your claim, you were unable to find a single, solitary innocent American whose life ......and I quote you.....

was, "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations" by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Normal folks would recognize that, unable to substantiate the 'common knowledge' slander of McCarthy, you'd begin to question same.

But not you!
After all, you're a Liberal, and have been trained to behave like a trained seal.

In some respects one of the most disturbing scenes in the McCarthy era was in the Shine hearing. McCarthy was accusing the army of communism because they had not given a direct commission to G. David Shine, one of his assistants. As the hearing ended, people began packing up their cases, talking and laughing, and somewhere in the room, McCarthy was still making one of his communist speeches and no one was listening. The McCarthy period has ended, and for a split second I felt sorry him.

What's the matter, you weenie?

Afraid of this question?

State what you mean: was Senator Joseph McCarthy correct about communists or not?

As your fellow nut-job....er, Liberal, stated 'Senator McCarthy ruined the lives of innocent Americans- those who didn't support communism and the communist conspiracy to subvert the United States government- ...
...ruined their lives with false accusations.

Your avoiding the query would lead one to believe you know the truth: McCarthy was spot on!

[

Of course Conservatives attack FDR[/QUOTE
Like it or not America will be living with FDR's heritage for a long time to come, as we live with the heritage of Washington and. Lincoln. If Democrats have FDR, why are so many Republicans seemingly indifferent to Lincoln and even unwilling to claim him, The closest Republicans seem to want to come to great presidents is Reagan, and Reagan's real claim to fame is that he voted for FDR.
[/QUOTE]

"Lincoln. If Democrats have FDR, why are so many Republicans seemingly indifferent to Lincoln and even unwilling to claim him,..."

Really?

BYO7lqxCMAEa_mK.jpg

northeastern illinois university

Looks like Democrats are jealous.....or ashamed of their KKK and segregationist past, huh?

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

PoliticalChic

What a crack up.

FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT?????

Moral compass??????

Don't ever change

Please....please......tell all once more how Owen Lattimore wasn't a communist!!!

Pleeezzzzzeeeee!

And....remind everyone that, contrary to your claim, you were unable to find a single, solitary innocent American whose life ......and I quote you.....

was, "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations" by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Normal folks would recognize that, unable to substantiate the 'common knowledge' slander of McCarthy, you'd begin to question same.

But not you!
After all, you're a Liberal, and have been trained to behave like a trained seal.

DIA]

Afraid of this question?

State what you mean: was Senator Joseph McCarthy correct about communists or not?

]

Joe was an alcoholic embarressment to the GOP- he lied about having evidence that persons were spied- and ruined persons lives.

No wonder PC admires a kindred spirit.

Afraid of this question?

As your fellow nut-job....er, Liberal, stated 'Senator McCarthy ruined the lives of innocent Americans- those who didn't support communism and the communist conspiracy to subvert the United States government- ...

Whoa...are there fdr-worshipping democrats here pretending to be opposed to ruining the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations?

Does their hypocrisy know no bounds?

Joe McCarthy became the poster boy for two nasty bits of behavior that were highlighted and in the end, rejected as un-American. Guilt by association and the abuse of government to destroy the reputations of American citizens. He and his actions are the reason today's endless and useless Congressional investigative committees are called McCarthy-like and compared to that shameful age of institutionalized witch hunts. Destroying reputations and careers with speculation and opinion was determined to be despicable and drove the creator, McCarthy, into a life of rejection, alcoholism, loneliness and early death. He became one of the most reviled American politicians of the 20th Century. The OP thinks he was a hero.

Communism was illegal, as it's doctrine was the violent overthrowing of the Constitution.

Communism became illegal in August, 1954- yet we have a Communist Party of America to this day.

When was "Tail Gun" Joe at his most virulant and dishonest?

Well from the beginning-

McCarthy served a total tour of duty in the Marines lasting thirty months, or 2½ years, from August 1942 to February 1945, and he held the rank of captain by the time he was discharged in April 1945. He flew twelve combat missions as a gunner-observer, earning the nickname of "Tail-Gunner Joe" in the course of one of these missions.[27]

He later claimed 32 missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross, which he received in 1952. McCarthy publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and countersigned by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations. However, it was revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, in his capacity as intelligence officer. A "war wound" that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or anti-aircraft fire was in fact received aboard ship during a ceremony for sailors crossing the equator for the first time.[

During the hearings, McCarthy moved on from his original unnamed Lee list cases and used the hearings to make charges against nine specific people: Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer, Haldore Hanson, Gustavo Durán, Owen Lattimore, Harlow Shapley, Frederick Schuman, John S. Service, and Philip Jessup. Some of them no longer worked for the State Department, or never had; all had previously been the subject of charges of varying worth and validity. Owen Lattimore became a particular focus of McCarthy's, who at one point described him as a "top Russian spy". Throughout the hearings, McCarthy employed colorful rhetoric, but produced no substantial evidence, to support his accusations.[citation needed]

In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy accused Lattimore in particular of being "the top Russian espionage agent in the United States.

Of course Joe had no proof- and despite numerous hearings- no proof was ever provided to show Lattimore was a 'Russian espionage agent"- but because of Joe's lies- Lattimore lost his consulting jobs with the State Department and his academic career was damaged.

But that is how Joe operated.

This was your claim:
Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

As I had so much fun stuffing the last bet that you lost down your throat....let's do it again.

Bet you can't name any non-communist, or one who wasn't a supporter of communism, whose 'life was ruined by accusations' by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

But that is what Joe did.

Can you supply a link please ?

I can- would the facts matter to you?

IF I did provide you with the link for what I stated- that Joe lied by claiming that he had proof someone was a spy- but didn't- would it matter to you? Would change your opinion about Joe?

Or will you just rationalize why it was okay for Joe to lie?

It's never O.K. when someone lies.

Communism became illegal in August, 1954- yet we have a Communist Party of America to this day.

Well from the beginning-

McCarthy served a total tour of duty in the Marines lasting thirty months, or 2½ years, from August 1942 to February 1945, and he held the rank of captain by the time he was discharged in April 1945. He flew twelve combat missions as a gunner-observer, earning the nickname of "Tail-Gunner Joe" in the course of one of these missions.[27]

He later claimed 32 missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross, which he received in 1952. McCarthy publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and countersigned by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations. However, it was revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, in his capacity as intelligence officer. A "war wound" that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or anti-aircraft fire was in fact received aboard ship during a ceremony for sailors crossing the equator for the first time.[

During the hearings, McCarthy moved on from his original unnamed Lee list cases and used the hearings to make charges against nine specific people: Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer, Haldore Hanson, Gustavo Durán, Owen Lattimore, Harlow Shapley, Frederick Schuman, John S. Service, and Philip Jessup. Some of them no longer worked for the State Department, or never had; all had previously been the subject of charges of varying worth and validity. Owen Lattimore became a particular focus of McCarthy's, who at one point described him as a "top Russian spy". Throughout the hearings, McCarthy employed colorful rhetoric, but produced no substantial evidence, to support his accusations.[citation needed]

In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy accused Lattimore in particular of being "the top Russian espionage agent in the United States.

Of course Joe had no proof- and despite numerous hearings- no proof was ever provided to show Lattimore was a 'Russian espionage agent"- but because of Joe's lies- Lattimore lost his consulting jobs with the State Department and his academic career was damaged.

This was your claim:
Senator Joseph McCarthy "....ruined the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations."

As I had so much fun stuffing the last bet that you lost down your throat....let's do it again.

Bet you can't name any non-communist, or one who wasn't a supporter of communism, whose 'life was ruined by accusations' by the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

IF I did provide you with the link for what I stated- that Joe lied by claiming that he had proof someone was a spy- but didn't- would it matter to you? Would change your opinion about Joe?

And?

Afraid of this question?

Whoa...are there fdr-worshipping democrats here pretending to be opposed to ruining the lives of innocent Americans with false accusations?

Does their hypocrisy know no bounds?

At this very moment I am putting together an OP on the indelibility of their indoctrination.

Afraid of this question?

]

Joe was an alcoholic embarressment to the GOP- he lied about having evidence that persons were spied- and ruined persons lives.

No wonder PC admires a kindred spirit.

As I just told Unk, I'm constructing an OP about the inability of you Liberals to think...and I may just make you the star.

Joe McCarthy became the poster boy for two nasty bits of behavior that were highlighted and in the end, rejected as un-American. Guilt by association and the abuse of government to destroy the reputations of American citizens. He and his actions are the reason today's endless and useless Congressional investigative committees are called McCarthy-like and compared to that shameful age of institutionalized witch hunts. Destroying reputations and careers with speculation and opinion was determined to be despicable and drove the creator, McCarthy, into a life of rejection, alcoholism, loneliness and early death. He became one of the most reviled American politicians of the 20th Century. The OP thinks he was a hero.

OK....ok....stop begging....

...here's your chance.

Well from the beginning-

This was your claim:

He's peddling harder than Ed Begley trying to make himself a piece of toast.

He tried to claim that McCarthy "ruined innocent lives with lies," but can't come up with a single example of same.

Forum List

Back