Rumsfeld Dead

Rumsfeld was a neocon's neocon. He, along with Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and Richard Pearle, led us into the war in Iraq. They got us into that fiasco which has left countless dead and millions displaced.

He was also quite the wordsmith:

“There are known knowns, things we know that we know; and there are known unknowns, things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns, things we do not know we don't know.”

We will be living with his legacy for generations to come.

Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children died because Rummy. No W.M.D. No mobile weapons labs.

Operation Iraqi Freedom...O.I.L.

The original name of the cluster fuck Rummy created.
The U.S. would've invaded Iraq eventually anyway.

Rumsfeld was a neocon's neocon. He, along with Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and Richard Pearle, led us into the war in Iraq. They got us into that fiasco which has left countless dead and millions displaced.

“There are known knowns, things we know that we know; and there are known unknowns, things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns, things we do not know we don't know.”

Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children died because Rummy. No W.M.D. No mobile weapons labs.

I disagree. The intelligence was clear that if we invade Iraq, chaos will result. As Colin Powell told W., “You break it, you own it.” That was obviously before Powell became a shill for W.

I disagree. The intelligence was clear that if we invade Iraq, chaos will result. As Colin Powell told W., “You break it, you own it.” That was obviously before Powell became a shill for W.

I'm pretty sure when he said that Powell was enunciating a general principle and nothing specific about Iraq. But just because chaos resulted from the U.S. invasion does not mean it wasn't the right thing to do.

I'm guessing the hate towards him is flowing at full force as it always does when someone who's politics we don't share dies.
Well let's not revise history and act like the guy was a good person. You guys believe Pelosi and Obama are evil well we know Trump and Rumsfeld are no doubt.

But you are correct. Look at how Trump's hate kept flowing long after McCain died. Isn't it hard for Republicans to bash us for talking shit about Rummy when Trump did the same thing to John McCain? And for the record, I piss on McCain's grave too. He was an asshole too.

At the age of 88, Rumsfeld has passed away.

Now all the democrats here will display their lack of character by maligning the deceased - AGAIN.

So you admit Trump lacked character. So why did you vote for him then?

'He's Not a War Hero': Donald Trump Mocks John McCain's Service​

Trump, a Republican presidential contender for 2016, had McCain in his cross hairs again following the senator's critical comments this week. And Republicans voted for Trump after he said that. So fuck off.

Then this after McCain died

More Republicans are urging President Donald Trump to halt his attacks on the late Sen. John McCain. But Trump is continuing to complain about the Arizona senator’s health care vote seven months after McCain died of brain cancer.

Trump shouldn't have said those things.

Y'all really need to talk about and think about something other than Trump.

Waitress- Can I take your order?

Sillybo- Yes, I'll have anything Trump wouldn't order, cuz Trump.
Sez the team that still trots out Carter, Clinton, Hillary years later. But yeah, I can understand why the Right would be upset when Rump is brought up. I too would be ashamed if I was a Republican.

I'm not a republican. I'm my own team. And Trump made my eye twitch here and there, but I wasn't ashamed of him. I thought he did a decent job.

Carter should be put in the big book of horrendous disasters this country has experienced. But former President Peanuthead still ain't brought up by anyone on any side.

Clinton- meh.

I admit I may have become somewhat demonic in regards to that fuckin bitch Hagatha the Hillary.

But I feel MUCH better now...
Republicans used to always bring up Carter. Worst president ever they said. Then Bush 2 happened and not a peep about Carter anymore. Because Bush 2 was the worse. Think about it. Lied us into a war that's still fucking going on. Actually 2 wars are still going on that happened on his watch. Imagine if he would have stayed out of Iraq and just finished the job in Afganistan.

Then the Greatest Recession since the Great Depression happened right on his way out the door. THE WORSE by far hands down.

The only bigger recession was Trump's caused by his handling of the pandemic.

I'm guessing the hate towards him is flowing at full force as it always does when someone who's politics we don't share dies.
Well let's not revise history and act like the guy was a good person. You guys believe Pelosi and Obama are evil well we know Trump and Rumsfeld are no doubt.

But you are correct. Look at how Trump's hate kept flowing long after McCain died. Isn't it hard for Republicans to bash us for talking shit about Rummy when Trump did the same thing to John McCain? And for the record, I piss on McCain's grave too. He was an asshole too.

Why not? Lots of us never liked Donald Trump.

I do love it when blind partisans prove my point it's never surprising but it's always funny the only thing funnier is when these same blind partisans give us the faux outrage show when the blind partisans from the other side act how they do.

The U.S. would've invaded Iraq eventually anyway.e
hT

The Shrub and Darth Dick(less) received plenty of warning regarding what would happen if the U.S. Invaded Iraq.

They chose to ignore the warnings.

There was no plan for after the Invasion and that Invasion became a recruiting tool Radical Islam. India, Iran and Pakistan became Nuclear Powers. DAESH, which broke with Al_Qeada became a power all its own.

It was not exactly a brilliant idea to allow disenfranchised Iraqi Soldiers to keep their weapons, but that is exactly what the U.S. did.

Killing Saddam changed nothing. Everyone forgets that Saddam was the U.S. choice for dictator in Iraq, fucking Rumsfeld met with him and in an infamous handshake gave him everything he wanted. Including access to biological and chemical weapons which he later used in his war against Iran.

Iraq had NO Nuclear Weapons.

Iraq had NO mobile WMN Labs.

Iraq's Biological and Chemical Weapons stores had been destroyed before the U.S. led Invasion.

Thousands of Innocent Iraqi Civilian died because Rummy, The Shrub and Dick(less) wanted an easy war, and guess what they did not get it.

The U.S. would've invaded Iraq eventually anyway.e
hT

Including access to biological and chemical weapons which he later used in his war against Iran.

Not true at all.

There was no plan for after the Invasion and that Invasion became a recruiting tool Radical Islam. India, Iran and Pakistan became Nuclear Powers. DAESH, which broke with Al_Qeada became a power all its own.

Pakistan became a nuclear power YEARS BEFORE the U.S. invaded Iraq.

Iran isn't a nuclear power yet.

India became a nuclear power in 1974!!!

RIP, Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. May the spirit of America you were be useful in heaven for world peace through the strength of good men and women who choose to let us be free from worrisome communist rule. Go with God. Amen.

What I liked about him he was always available for live interviews before the public explaining policy. They always had him on the big screen answering questions on all networks or there in the studio on the Sunday news shows. Overall I would say he was a good patriot .
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
ere

I thought online discussion boards were.
Then why are YOU here?

"The American warfare state’s upper reaches are filled with bloodthirsty megalomaniacs. But few have been as deranged as Donald Rumsfeld, whose appetite for imperial violence combined with free market zealotry produced one of the most spectacular failures in all of US military history

no other figure in my lifetime has embodied the vain, cruel, and ultimately self-defeating hubris of American militarism more powerfully than Donald Rumsfeld.

It is no coincidence that the epochal failure of the United States military in the twenty-first century was also the personal failure that will forever define Rumsfeld himself. The small man and the mighty army were each done in by the same insurmountable tensions, each impaled on the same sword."

"The American warfare state’s upper reaches are filled with bloodthirsty megalomaniacs. But few have been as deranged as Donald Rumsfeld, whose appetite for imperial violence combined with free market zealotry produced one of the most spectacular failures in all of US military history

no other figure in my lifetime has embodied the vain, cruel, and ultimately self-defeating hubris of American militarism more powerfully than Donald Rumsfeld.

It is no coincidence that the epochal failure of the United States military in the twenty-first century was also the personal failure that will forever define Rumsfeld himself. The small man and the mighty army were each done in by the same insurmountable tensions, each impaled on the same sword."

How did the U.S. fail in Iraq? We killed one hell of a lot of Iraqis (though not as many as people think), destroyed their military, eliminated their rulers and occupied their country. By almost any historical standard that is an overwhelming victory.

No we didn't manage to build a western style democracy there but in life you don't get everything you hope for.

At the age of 88, Rumsfeld has passed away.

Now all the democrats here will display their lack of character by maligning the deceased - AGAIN.

So you admit Trump lacked character. So why did you vote for him then?

'He's Not a War Hero': Donald Trump Mocks John McCain's Service​

Trump, a Republican presidential contender for 2016, had McCain in his cross hairs again following the senator's critical comments this week. And Republicans voted for Trump after he said that. So fuck off.

Then this after McCain died

More Republicans are urging President Donald Trump to halt his attacks on the late Sen. John McCain. But Trump is continuing to complain about the Arizona senator’s health care vote seven months after McCain died of brain cancer.
How off-topic can you get?

Reported.

Forum List

Back