Saturday Night Massacre Revisited?

He contemplated firing him but then changed his mind.

Not according to McGahn's testimony........Trump "changed" his mind because the WH counsel threatened resignation.....and THAT would have been a bit embarrassing......don't you think???.........LOL

Not according to McGahn's testimony........Trump "changed" his mind because the WH counsel threatened resignation.....and THAT would have been a bit embarrassing......don't you think???.........LOL
I am saying that even if he INTENDED to fire Mueller, the fact that Mueller is not fired means there is no way there could have been a crime.

INTENT only matters if there is also an ACT.

This is all assuming (incorrectly) that firing Mueller would be a criminal act to begin with.

Why am I not surprised that you don't understand the difference between contemplation and intent?

Shove that "contemplation" dodge somewhere else........Notice what the headlines of what is being reported state???

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House ...

Trump denies Times report that he ordered Mueller fired

Trump ordered special counsel Robert Mueller to be fired last year ...

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, But Backed Down: Report - NYMag

LOL, What don't you understand concerning IT DIDN'T HAPPEN? If the President's intent was to fire Mueller then Mueller would have been fired, the only thing that prevented it from happening was Trumpkin NOT following through on it because he considered the consequences of proceeding with the action.

He contemplated firing him but then changed his mind... you cannot demonstrate intent when the only thing preventing someone from doing something is their own judgement and they decide not follow through on whatever action is in question.

*** NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM OF AN INFANT GRASPING AT STRAWS **

:popcorn:
/----/ You're wasting your time. It's like explaining aerodynamics to a gopher.

oh goohoood, another thread on Trump's downfall for not firing someone. This will certainly mean his downfall. :rolleyes:
/----/ Trump didn't fire Muller. We got him this time.
conspiracy_nut.png

oh goohoood, another thread on Trump's downfall for not firing someone. This will certainly mean his downfall. :rolleyes:
/----/ Trump didn't fire Muller. We got him this time.

Catching nat posting something stupid is pretty common, he is a lefty nutjob that is miserable that Trump won and now he will spend four or more years wasting time on his plight.

/----/ I intended to win the powerball last week. So when do I get my check?

/——/ He didn’t fire Muller. I didn’t win powerball even though I intended to. End of story.

Doesn't matter why he changed his mind only that he DID change his mind since there was nothing stopping him from proceeding except his own judgement, if he had considered the consequences, decided to do it anyways and was stopped by say, a court order, then you might be able to demonstrate intent.

For example, I'm sure that everyone that comes into contact with you contemplates shoving a cork down your throat in order to halt the constant flow of idiotic bullshit that emanates from your pie hole, the reason they don't follow through on that strong desire is that they consider the consequences (assault charges) and decide not to do it.

CONTEMPLATION without INTENT

If on the other hand they decide going to jail is worth it, attempt it and are stopped by a cop, that's demonstrable INTENT.

Here endth the lesson.

Doesn't matter why he changed his mind only that he DID change his mind since there was nothing stopping him from proceeding except his own judgement, if he had considered the consequences, decided to do it anyways and was stopped by say, a court order, then you might be able to demonstrate intent.

For example, I'm sure that everyone that comes into contact with you contemplates shoving a cork down your throat in order to halt the constant flow of idiotic bullshit that emanates from your pie hole, the reason they don't follow through on that strong desire is that they consider the consequences (assault charges) and decide not to do it.

If on the other hand they decide going to jail is worth it, attempt it and are stopped by a cop, that's demonstrable INTENT.

Here endth the lesson.
I would only add that the attempt is the act. There MUST be an act coupled with requisite intent for an obstruction of justice charge.

Now, when the statute specifically removes the need to establish intent, the act alone is enough.....HILLARY!!!

It doesn't matter why he changed his mind, the fact is he changed his mind and did not carry out the firing.

Thus, nothing illegal happened.

This is pretty basic stuff. If you went to rob a bank and once you got to the bank decided not go in and rob it and went home, what would the police charge you with?

It doesn't matter why he changed his mind, the fact is he changed his mind and did not carry out the firing.

This is pretty basic stuff. If you went to rob a bank and once you got to the bank decided not go in and rob it and went home, what would the police charge you with?
The ONLY exception to that scenario is if you conspired to rob the bank, which would be the requisite ACT necessary. But, the charge is now conspiracy to commit robbery, not robbery.

...and ALL of this bullshit makes the ENORMOUS assumption that firing Mueller is obstruction of justice.

I need to see some precedent for this argument. Has an executive been successfully prosecuted for obstruction when he fired his own staff?

Here endth the lesson.
/----/ I'm still waiting for my check from the Lottery since I intended to win.

/----/ I can't believe we are debating Nat's idiotic notion

I am saying that even if he INTENDED to fire Mueller, the fact that Mueller is not fired means there is no way there could have been a crime.

INTENT only matters if there is also an ACT.

Come on....Really??

If someone "intends" to assassinate his/her spouse, but the plot is foiled, does that someone get a slap on the wrist and told not to do that again?

I can't believe we are debating Nat's idiotic notion

yes, you're wasting your time "debating" my idiotic notion.......and please DO tell that to the Mueller investigative team that YOU "decided" that its just a waste of time........LOL

The ONLY exception to that scenario is if you conspired to rob the bank, which would be the requisite ACT necessary. But, the charge is now conspiracy to commit robbery, not robbery.

And who reports the conspiracy? :dunno:

I can't believe we are debating Nat's idiotic notion

yes, you're wasting your time "debating" my idiotic notion.......and please DO tell that to the Mueller investigative team that YOU "decided" that its just a waste of time........LOL
/----/ We're debating your idiotic expressions. BTW: Source: Strzok Hadn’t Seen Evidence Of Collusion After 10 Months On Russia Probe
After 10 months of leading the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation, counterintelligence official Peter Strzok had not seen compelling evidence that President Trump or high-level campaign officials colluded with the Russian government, according to a person familiar with his thinking.

That account comports with a May 19, 2017 text exchange between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page that was released earlier this week.

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there,” Strzok wrote to Page, his mistress.

Forum List

Back