Schumer's pipe dream, a trial with.....you know.....evidence.

They would throw "Schiff" out? That doesn't even make sense. If you think they'd throw the case out, on what grounds?
Sure it makes sense, you can pretend it doesn't.

On what grounds???

No evidence

You're a drone

carry-on

You’re confused, try not to lose the thread here. We are discussing the process at getting a court to approve the subpoenas from the House.

They are subpoenas for evidence and the House has every right to oversee the Executive.

R U kidding????

You just lost any cred you might have had.

lmao!!!

Oh no! How will I go on...

Whatever information Trump has been hiding from the House.

giddy-up

Trump didn't 'hide' anything from the House.

Or do you mean the 'testimony' behind closed doors the House Dems hid from the public??

Trump has refused all requests at documents and witnesses. I can’t believe you aren’t aware of that.
Legally challenged the requests in court. I can't believe you aren't aware of that.

They can, if the Republicans in charge allow them to.
Don't you think Republicans should be in favor of getting all the facts? If not for impeachment, but for the voters?

The Senate is not 'Republicans'.

Impeachment is supposed to be non-partisan
I agree. Which is why I'm so dismayed at the Republican's behavior.

The Republicans haven't DONE anything yet!!

You should be ashamed of your Democrats who didn't 'hold' a lawful impeachment query.
They’ve drug their heels rather than participate and find the truth. The impeachment inquiry has been perfectly lawful.

Yes, the House Dems have dug their heels in.

Since November 2016 - when Pelosi and Maxine began screeching "Impeach, Impeach!"

Dumb Dems can't even impeach properly.

giddy-up

Or do you mean the 'testimony' behind closed doors the House Dems hid from the public??
You mean the testimony given in the presence of House Repubs..........the transcripts of which have been made public?

Americans still want to hear from Bolton, Pompeo, Mulvaney, and Slimy Rudy........among others. Why is your Orange Messiah blocking their testimony?
Not all transcripts. Just the ones Schifferbrains decided to release.

Please get informed for once in your life

LOL...reality? Interesting coming from a dipshit still unable to deal with the reality of the 2016 election.
“The first Article of Impeachment charged President Trump with an abuse of power as that constitutional offense has long been understood,” the report says. “While there is no need for a crime to be proven in order for impeachment to be warranted, here, President Trump’s scheme or course of conduct also encompassed other offenses, both constitutional and criminal in character, and it is appropriate for the Committee to recognize such offenses in assessing the question of impeachment.”
:21:
Translation
He did things we don't like, and while we don't have prove he actually did them, we can accuse him of them, they were bad, he did them, and he's bad.
My apologies for being redundant, but since you folks keep making the erroneous assertion Trump only "did things we don't like" I am compelled to point out he broke the law.

House Judiciary Says Trump Committed ‘Multiple Federal Crimes’ In Report On Impeachment
House Judiciary Says Trump Committed 'Multiple Federal Crimes' In Report On Impeachment

“Put simply, President Trump’s own words reveal that he solicited a foreign government to investigate his political rival. The President did so for his own political gain, rather than for foreign policy reasons,” the report says. “The testimony of experienced, expert officials in his own administration—including several of his own appointees—reveal that the President used his official powers as leverage to pressure a vulnerable strategic partner to do his bidding. And every indication, every piece of evidence, supports that the President will abuse his power again.”

As the House impeachment inquiry continues to uncover substantial evidence of Trump’s abuses of power, one thing has become clear: President Donald Trump illegally withheld military aid to Ukraine.

.............................................................................................................................................................................
No one from the Trump administration has been able to point to any legal authority that allowed Trump to withhold the funding for the length of time and in the manner that he did. Even Trump’s defenders in the House, who have speciously claimed that the president had reasons for holding the aid other than pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rivals, have not provided justifications that are legal. Instead, they’ve offered justifications that are more politically palatable. Moreover, Trump’s own White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) was told that his actions were illegal, and appears to have tacitly acknowledged that fact, but continued to hold up the funding anyway.

The illegality of the funding hold is important to the impeachment inquiry, as it adds further weight to the case that Trump abused his authority as president to pressure Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 U.S. election.
Trump’s Hold on Ukrainian Military Aid was Illegal

..........................................................................................................................................................................
The head of the Federal Election Commission released a statement on Thursday evening reiterating, emphatically, that foreign assistance is illegal in U.S. elections.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“
‘Let me make something 100% clear’: FEC chair lays down the law on foreign help

let me make this perfectly clear:

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

Read it

learn something

Oops! Just totally forgot to actually ask for legal assistance.

Ukraine’s prosecutor general : Barr didn’t ask for a joint investigation into the Bidens

Find a new cover story.

Don't you think Republicans should be in favor of getting all the facts? If not for impeachment, but for the voters?

The Senate is not 'Republicans'.

Impeachment is supposed to be non-partisan
I agree. Which is why I'm so dismayed at the Republican's behavior.

The Republicans haven't DONE anything yet!!

You should be ashamed of your Democrats who didn't 'hold' a lawful impeachment query.
They’ve drug their heels rather than participate and find the truth. The impeachment inquiry has been perfectly lawful.

Yes, the House Dems have dug their heels in.

Since November 2016 - when Pelosi and Maxine began screeching "Impeach, Impeach!"

Dumb Dems can't even impeach properly.

They had to wait for Trump to do something stupid enough to be impeachable. It was only a matter of time really.

Mr. Clinton’s trial lasted about five weeks.

Bill was charged with actual CRIMES.
Lindsey says actual crimes don't have to have been committed.

But laws were broken.

FEC chairwoman reiterates illegality of soliciting campaign help from foreign governments

Anything else?

dude, you can post that until the pages fall off. the president has a right to hold aid. period. get over it.

LOL...reality? Interesting coming from a dipshit still unable to deal with the reality of the 2016 election.
“The first Article of Impeachment charged President Trump with an abuse of power as that constitutional offense has long been understood,” the report says. “While there is no need for a crime to be proven in order for impeachment to be warranted, here, President Trump’s scheme or course of conduct also encompassed other offenses, both constitutional and criminal in character, and it is appropriate for the Committee to recognize such offenses in assessing the question of impeachment.”
Translation
He did things we don't like, and while we don't have prove he actually did them, we can accuse him of them, they were bad, he did them, and he's bad.
My apologies for being redundant, but since you folks keep making the erroneous assertion Trump only "did things we don't like" I am compelled to point out he broke the law.

House Judiciary Says Trump Committed ‘Multiple Federal Crimes’ In Report On Impeachment
House Judiciary Says Trump Committed 'Multiple Federal Crimes' In Report On Impeachment

“Put simply, President Trump’s own words reveal that he solicited a foreign government to investigate his political rival. The President did so for his own political gain, rather than for foreign policy reasons,” the report says. “The testimony of experienced, expert officials in his own administration—including several of his own appointees—reveal that the President used his official powers as leverage to pressure a vulnerable strategic partner to do his bidding. And every indication, every piece of evidence, supports that the President will abuse his power again.”

As the House impeachment inquiry continues to uncover substantial evidence of Trump’s abuses of power, one thing has become clear: President Donald Trump illegally withheld military aid to Ukraine.

.............................................................................................................................................................................
No one from the Trump administration has been able to point to any legal authority that allowed Trump to withhold the funding for the length of time and in the manner that he did. Even Trump’s defenders in the House, who have speciously claimed that the president had reasons for holding the aid other than pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rivals, have not provided justifications that are legal. Instead, they’ve offered justifications that are more politically palatable. Moreover, Trump’s own White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) was told that his actions were illegal, and appears to have tacitly acknowledged that fact, but continued to hold up the funding anyway.

The illegality of the funding hold is important to the impeachment inquiry, as it adds further weight to the case that Trump abused his authority as president to pressure Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 U.S. election.

..........................................................................................................................................................................
The head of the Federal Election Commission released a statement on Thursday evening reiterating, emphatically, that foreign assistance is illegal in U.S. elections.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

Read it

learn something
I'm going to go out a limb here (wink) and say no treaty excuses a prez for soliciting help with a US election from a foreign government. The law governing such behavior did not become moot when the treaty was signed.

Anything else?

But laws were broken.

FEC chairwoman reiterates illegality of soliciting campaign help from foreign governments

Anything else?

dude, you can post that until the pages fall off. the president has a right to hold aid. period. get over it.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble.........but no, he doesn't.

They had to wait for Trump to do something stupid enough to be impeachable. It was only a matter of time really.
What happened to the obstruction and collusion proven by Mueller Report?

“This is a president who has violated the law 6 ways from Sunday,” said the committee’s chairman, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. He argued that Mueller’s report lays out “very substantial evidence” that Trump is guilty of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” the constitutional standard for impeachment.
Mueller Hearing to Air Evidence of Trump Wrongdoing

Translation

Read it

learn something

Oops! Just totally forgot to actually ask for legal assistance.

Ukraine’s prosecutor general : Barr didn’t ask for a joint investigation into the Bidens

Find a new cover story.

omg

Your response is proof you didn't read the treaty.

Continue on in your ignorance ;)

giddy-up

Trump has refused all requests at documents and witnesses. I can’t believe you aren’t aware of that.

THAT is not an impeachable offense! If you on the left feel that Trump is improperly invoking Executive Privilege then you should be taking that to the courts for a decision. You haven't done that however because you're SO desperate to come up with something you can impeach Trump on...and you've failed so epically to find something that you're reduced to claiming "obstruction of justice" because Trump isn't cooperating with your mock trial in the House!

This isn't about impeachable offenses! It never was. It's about impeaching Trump no matter what he's done or not done! It's why you're bringing impeachment articles against him for doing something that Barack Obama did as well.

Translation

Read it

learn something
I'm going to go out a limb here (wink) and say no treaty excuses a prez for soliciting help with a US election from a foreign government. The law governing such behavior did not become moot when the treaty was signed.

Anything else?

Yes.

Read the treaty or continue to be uniformed.

giddy-up

Trump has no obligation to prove that he dindu nuffin....That's not me, that's centuries of western jurisprudence.

I'm sure that a guy like Putin might like someone like you working in his legal system.

But laws were broken.

Anything else?

Ahh "the internet told me so" routine.

Cute

But laws were broken.

Anything else?

dude, yes he does. Then Obammy didn't either. BTW, what law did he supposedly break? And why wasn't it used in the impeachment inquiry? you all have been sliding all over the highway and keep hitting concrete.

Last edited:
Hey, look everyone..............Cryin' Chucky is a ginormous hypocrite.

Schumer panned Clinton impeachment testimony as ‘theater,’ now seeks 4 witnesses in Trump trial

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer has called for several current and former Trump administration officials to be subpoenaed to testify in the chamber's likely impeachment trial for President Trump.

Yet, during former President Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial in 1999, Schumer, D-N.Y., roundly dismissed the importance of, and voted against, such witness testimony -- suggesting it amounted to "political theater."

“It seems to me that no good case has been made for witnesses,” Schumer said during a press conference on Jan. 27, 1999.

Days later, he argued that there was no reason to call witnesses, saying: “I wonder if the House managers aren’t a little more interested in political theater than in actually getting to the bottom of the facts.”

Schumer panned Clinton impeachment testimony as ‘theater,’ now seeks 4 witnesses in Trump trial

giddy-up

Trump has no obligation to prove that he dindu nuffin....That's not me, that's centuries of western jurisprudence.

I'm sure that a guy like Putin might like someone like you working in his legal system.

He's a government employee and the people have a right to know what public servants are doing with our money.

You know what it's like having an unaccountable president? Ask Putin.

Forum List

Back