SCOTUS Declines To Hear Case Granting Fetal Personhood Rights

Agreed they are different biologically. That doesn't stop a law to make them the same legally.

To make it work the man would have to enter his choice by a certain deadline so the woman could have an abortion as early as possible given the information she has. All things that could be worked out in the wording of the law.
They can't be made the same legally in this matter.

A man cannot force a women to have an abortion against her will.

A man can petition the court to waive his parental rights but that's about it

They can't be made the same legally in this matter.

A man cannot force a women to have an abortion against her will.

A man can petition the court to waive his parental rights but that's about it

Not force an abortion, avoid any involvement with the child if he so desires.

My argument in this is that women have a legal "out" to avoid parenthood, so why shouldn't men get the same?

The vast majority of abortions are retroactive birth control for people who are too lazy or stupid or selfish to use any other form of birth control. A woman's first abortion needs to include sterilization.
www.guttmacher.org reasons us women have abortions: quantitative and qualitative perspectives September 2005. I'll go with the scientific approach as to the reasons why women have abortions. Your personal opinion of these women really sucks. So do you just hate abortions or do you just hate women period.

Because you don't like the answer you would have to give to be fair about it.
No I just don't care.

I understand why as a society we want men to at least be financially responsible for the children they father and in large part I agree with that.

As long as a woman's body is needed for birth of a child the woman has sovereignty during the pregnancy.

I think I was 5 or 6 when I learned that life ain't fair.

No I just don't care.

I understand why as a society we want men to at least be financially responsible for the children they father and in large part I agree with that.

As long as a woman's body is needed for birth of a child the woman has sovereignty during the pregnancy.

I think I was 5 or 6 when I learned that life ain't fair.

But then only women can get out of the responsibilities of parenthood voluntarily.

The law doesn't have to be fair, but doesn't it have to be equal?

But then only women can get out of the responsibilities of parenthood voluntarily.

The law doesn't have to be fair, but doesn't it have to be equal?
After the child is born the law is equal.

A fetus is not granted any rights of personhood in this country.

Forum List

Back