🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate "Motion To Dismiss" Impeachment....

Once again the main law

Each member is equal

No hiding the votes from the voters

Pelosi has commited a High Treason crime

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Constitution of the United States - We the People

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

DO YOU HAVE CONSENT OF THE HOR where SOLE POWER TO IMPEACH RESIDES?

Yes or No
Should the House impeach Trump, what will likely happen is the Republican Senate will refuse to conduct a trial – again, further proof of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the will of the people.
Can John Roberts throw the trial out like a normal judge can do with a regular trial?

John Roberts is shaking in his boots

This nation of men disagreeing with his vote with the liberals to make a 5-4 win will not stand

Roberts will get locked up by the majority of the men who judges it different

Says your imagination. Remember, this elaborate pseudo-legal fantasy you've made up is gloriously irrelevant to the the real world.

And you playing make believe, pretending you're John Roberts has no more relevance than you playing pretending you're the constitution.

Again, Green......your feelings don't define law. No matter how much you might wish they did.

No your feelings are wrong

The law clearly says. All members votes equal

And no hiding from the voters

Pelosi is breaking the two foundation laws

And show us where in the constitution a full vote of the House is necessary to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

Show us. Don't tell us.
I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House of Representatives shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written.. It requires consent of the HOR.

pay attention.. "The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Now read it slowly.... If the House of Representatives has the sole power, how do they start?

Please tell me how you can start impeachment anything without the consent of the HOR.

Yes or No
Should the House impeach Trump, what will likely happen is the Republican Senate will refuse to conduct a trial – again, further proof of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, our democratic institutions, and the will of the people.
Can John Roberts throw the trial out like a normal judge can do with a regular trial?

This nation of men disagreeing with his vote with the liberals to make a 5-4 win will not stand

Says your imagination. Remember, this elaborate pseudo-legal fantasy you've made up is gloriously irrelevant to the the real world.

And you playing make believe, pretending you're John Roberts has no more relevance than you playing pretending you're the constitution.

Again, Green......your feelings don't define law. No matter how much you might wish they did.

You can’t lie your way out of this

All members votes are equal

No hiding votes from the voters !!

The power to impeach lies solely with the House. The Senate gets no say whatsoever whether a President is impeached or not.
The Senate, however, decides if the President is removed from office.
The Dems won't impeach Trump because they know the Senate will laugh at them and return a 'not guilty' verdict.

Would be interesting.
The thing that gets me is the denial of equal access to mount a defense of the president by Democrats. Any prosecutor who does this in any other court in the land is charged with proescutorial misconduct. The denial of access to all information, the denial of access to witnesses and the ability to depose and subpoena records, etc... Pelosie and her chiefs are denying it all to republicans. The democrats know if they hold a vote to authorize the process Republicans get access to everything and get subpoena powers outside of the Democrat control.

Its all being denied by democrats today and its going to end badly for them..
When he is CHARGED, he gets his defense, just like in criminal actions.

The House is simply inquiring whether to charge him or not right now.... if he is not charged with articles of impeachment, he needs no defense. Citizens do not get discovery or their own grand jury for their own defense... they get discovery and other safety nets, ONLY IF they are charged.

Yes or No

No your feelings are wrong

The law clearly says. All members votes equal

Pelosi is breaking the two foundation laws

That's the problem with democrats.. They think their personal FEELINGS trump the law...

Would be interesting.
The thing that gets me is the denial of equal access to mount a defense of the president by Democrats. Any prosecutor who does this in any other court in the land is charged with proescutorial misconduct. The denial of access to all information, the denial of access to witnesses and the ability to depose and subpoena records, etc... Pelosie and her chiefs are denying it all to republicans. The democrats know if they hold a vote to authorize the process Republicans get access to everything and get subpoena powers outside of the Democrat control.

The House is simply inquiring whether to charge him or not right now.... if he is not charged with articles of impeachment, he needs no defense. Citizens do not get discovery or their own grand jury for their own defense... they get discovery and other safety nets, ONLY IF they are charged.

Wrong

The house cannot do anything that makes the member votes unequal

And also cannot hide any action from the voters

An impeachment isn't a trial. Its an indictment. In other judicial settings, a defendant doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against being indicted.
Impeachment is a political, not a legal process.
As such, the President will 'mount a defense' thought the GOP legislators in the house - particularly, through the GOP representatives and their questions to and for the 'witnesses' called by Pelosi.

Would be interesting.

Wrong...

The HOR is a deliberative body and as such must accommodate both sides of an impeachment investigation. By not taking a vote to authorize the investigative process they deny the republicans in the house of the ability to do their job.

Now why would you Democrats do this? Because they want the ability to impeach without having to allow a defense like a grand-jury where only one side is allowed. The HOR needs the information from both sides so the HOR can make an informed judgment on the merits of sending their case to trial by the Senate. This is the deliberative process demanded by The Constitution and House Rules.

The HOR is not a grand-jury.

An impeachment isn't a trial. Its an indictment. In other judicial settings, a defendant doesn't get to 'mount a defense' against being indicted.
As such, the President will 'mount a defense' thought the GOP legislators in the house - particularly, through the GOP representatives and their questions to and for the 'witnesses' called by Pelosi.

Its both. And Trump can't call a single witness in the House. As the authority over impeachment resides ONLY with the House.

Would be interesting.

Wrong

The house cannot do anything that makes the member votes unequal

And also cannot hide any action from the voters

Once committees are seated, those committees can and have opened inquiries without the vote of the entire House. As these committees have done under both Democrats and Republicans.

Show us. Don't tell us.

Yes or No

The law is the law

You are wrong

All
Members get equal voting

Yes or No

The law is the law

You are wrong

All
Members get equal voting

Alas, you're not citing the law. You're citing your imagination.

And your imagination is most definitely not the law.

Its both. And Trump can't call a single witness in the House.
Read what I said. Tell me how I am wrong.

I said that a person can't 'mount a defense' in a grand jury inquiry. And Trump can't call a single witness.

Exactly as I've described. You're talking about people that AREN'T Trump trying to mount a defense.

Do you see the inconsistency between what I said, and how you retorted? Its as simple as the difference between Trump and people who aren't Trump.

I said that a person can't 'mount a defense' in a grand jury inquiry. And Trump can't call a single witness.
True or false:
President will 'mount a defense' thought the GOP legislators in the house - particularly, through the GOP representatives and their questions to and for the 'witnesses' called by Pelosi.

True or false:
President will 'mount a defense' thought the GOP legislators in the house - particularly, through the GOP representatives and their questions to and for the 'witnesses' called by Pelosi.
I think you may be confusing this with the senate portion of the process. In the house it’s just an indictment for all intents and purposes, in which case the defense typically doesn’t have much say. But it doesn’t really matter, because like any regular legal case, the prosecution isn’t going to move forward with a trial unless they’re reasonably sure they’ll have a strong case. One of only 2 things are going to happen here.. either they’re going to abandon the formal proceeding because of lack of a case and knowing the republicans won’t vote for it anyway... or we see the greatest double cross in the history of the country where they’ve whipped enough republican votes from senators who are willing to take the potential political fall for it and sort of “John McCain” themselves for the cause. The cause being the establishment, deep state, etc, maintaining its control.

I can literally see either one playing out.

True or false:

The president will call no witnesses. The president will present no evidence. Every person you've cited is someone OTHER than the president:

And that is where your argument collapses.

Forum List

Back