Shiny object alert: Trump wants Clinton emails released

Things must be heating up over on Pennsylvania Ave. Trump wants to release the Clinton emails and the timing of this announcement is pretty suspect. It seems to me such an obvious distraction, food for the fish, something he knows his base will tear into and divert attention from any negative press he might have coming his way. I bet he’s been saving this one for a while. Is this as transparent to you all as it is to me?

Trump wants remaining State Dept. Clinton emails released - CNNPolitics
Why shouldn't they be released?
Because they are her emails. When has any public official ever had all their emails released to the public? Y’all are on crack
when has any public official ever setup their own e-mail server, passed classified information knowingly, deleted 33k of mails ahead of them being called into question and the like?

the sheer fact is while there was no issue with her setting up the server from a legal standpoint, there were rules around which she had to play. she didn't.

trump meets with a russian the left goes apeshit.
hillary does all this and nothing from the left. apathy.

now, what if trump did this? you'd never hear the end of IMPEACH and i'd be on their side for it.

it's the crimes being committed, not the people. ANYONE breaking the law needs to go. Now.
I’ll bet you many government officials continued to use a private email account while in office. Jared Kushner even did it after the whole Clinton debacle. The fact that she had her own server set up instead of using gmail only shows that she was trying to set up something that was more secure. I agree there is plenty shadiness around the Clintons and I’m not sad to see them out of power. But this email thing was blown WAY out of proportion and politicized, not analyzed.
i'd not say it was more secure. i'd also not say that would be the ONLY reason. she can hire almost any company to host her e-mail and they will be responsible for the account and privacy issues. putting up a server in your home means you now take on the IT burden of running it - of which is going to include patching, updates, security and the like.

and i have no issue with them using private e-mails for gov business as long as they follow protocols of ensuring all traffic is kept on file. if you don't want it on file, then don't use it for that purpose.

doing either, in this case both, is suspicious at the very least.
I used to work for a mom and pop real estate school. They had their own exchange server I. The back that managed their emails. A tech company was hired to install and manage the server. It happens all the time. Many people and businesses House their own exchange servers because they don’t trust the yahoos and Hotmail’s of the work to keep their data safe.

Because they are her emails. When has any public official ever had all their emails released to the public? Y’all are on crack
when has any public official ever setup their own e-mail server, passed classified information knowingly, deleted 33k of mails ahead of them being called into question and the like?

the sheer fact is while there was no issue with her setting up the server from a legal standpoint, there were rules around which she had to play. she didn't.

now, what if trump did this? you'd never hear the end of IMPEACH and i'd be on their side for it.

it's the crimes being committed, not the people. ANYONE breaking the law needs to go. Now.
I’ll bet you many government officials continued to use a private email account while in office. Jared Kushner even did it after the whole Clinton debacle. The fact that she had her own server set up instead of using gmail only shows that she was trying to set up something that was more secure. I agree there is plenty shadiness around the Clintons and I’m not sad to see them out of power. But this email thing was blown WAY out of proportion and politicized, not analyzed.

Again with the private email accounts, you may want to find out the difference between a email account and an email server. Before you say more stupid stuff.

did you read the entire post or just get pissed at the first sentence?

"I’ll bet you many government officials continued to use a private email account while in office. Jared Kushner even did it after the whole Clinton debacle. The fact that she had her own server set up instead of using gmail only shows that she was trying to set up something that was more secure. "

so - pretty sure he knows the difference.

More secure? For who? Considering 33,000 emails vanished, I guessing it wasn't for our security.
quote misfire.

i didn't say "more secure".

while that *could* be the case, it also assumes a HUGE responsibility risk and opens her up to these questions of privacy.

Why shouldn't they be released?

Again with the private email accounts, you may want to find out the difference between a email account and an email server. Before you say more stupid stuff.
I work in tech, I know the difference.... so what’s your point? You think it’s odd that an exFirst Lady who runs a huge charitable foundation and who is aspiring to be president of the USA ask for a tech person to set up a secure email system for her to use through hillaryclinton.com?? You really don’t understand why she did that?

Good for you, I worked in tech also. If an exFirst Lady wants to run a huge charitable foundation who is aspiring to be president of the USA should have asked a tech person to make sure the foundation emails are separate from government business emails.

"I’ll bet you many government officials continued to use a private email account while in office. Jared Kushner even did it after the whole Clinton debacle. The fact that she had her own server set up instead of using gmail only shows that she was trying to set up something that was more secure. "

More secure? For who? Considering 33,000 emails vanished, I guessing it wasn't for our security.
quote misfire.

while that *could* be the case, it also assumes a HUGE responsibility risk and opens her up to these questions of privacy.

Yes, but the original post I was replying to did say "more secure".

quote misfire.

Yes, but the original post I was replying to did say "more secure".
great. then go back to it and reply to them. otherwise it gets confusing.

well MORE confusing :)

You gotta actually read conversations before you chime in. We’ve been talking about the 33k. And we’ve been doing so in an oppositional yet civil way then you come in trying to play the petty insult games. Tell you what, if you can grow up and contribute any smart ideas to the conversation in a civil way then please do so. If not then how about you piss off.

I work in tech, I know the difference.... so what’s your point? You think it’s odd that an exFirst Lady who runs a huge charitable foundation and who is aspiring to be president of the USA ask for a tech person to set up a secure email system for her to use through hillaryclinton.com?? You really don’t understand why she did that?

Good for you, I worked in tech also. If an exFirst Lady wants to run a huge charitable foundation who is aspiring to be president of the USA should have asked a tech person to make sure the foundation emails are separate from government business emails.
And perhaps they were. We are talking about an account at hillaryclinton.com. It sounds to me like most “older” people she mostly communicated through one email account for convenience. I’m not saying that as an excuse. People in her position need to do better and her actions were definitely careless and lazy. I haven’t seen proof that she did anything criminal. And that’s what the FBI concluded

It is called transparency. I understand. You aren't used to it.
She has nothing to hide, right?
Not my point. Read the OP again. This is all about politics, not justice. He could have opened this Can 9 months ago

He's been busy. Hurricanes and ISIS and governing a country and all. But he was on this as far back as his campaign. The swamp is being drained.
Trump is Big Apple. He's not from DC. He could probably tell you everything about what goes on in NYC. We are all about to find out what has been going on in Washington. And make no mistake, the swamp is an equal opportunity quagmire. There is no good side, bad side. It's all sludge..

It is called transparency. I understand. You aren't used to it.
She has nothing to hide, right?
Not my point. Read the OP again. This is all about politics, not justice. He could have opened this Can 9 months ago

He's been busy. Hurricanes and ISIS and governing a country and all. But he was on this as far back as his campaign. The swamp is being drained.
Trump is Big Apple. He's not from DC. He could probably tell you everything about what goes on in NYC. We are all about to find out what has been going on in Washington. And make no mistake, the swamp is an equal opportunity quagmire. There is no good side, bad side. It's all sludge..
Yeah I’m sure there’s a lot of ugly corrupt shit going on in Washington. There are also a lot of great things happening that has and continues to exemplify the greatness of our country. Trump has been exploiting the “swamp” and he has made gains politically for doing that. I hope corruption gets exposed and our system gets cleaned up. I see so much dishonest and ungliness coming from Trump and his team, despite his marketing pitch of trying to clean things up, I just see him contributing to the problem as he points his finger trying to cover his ass.

So much so that you have been to preoccupied to notice the corruption of Obama and his team? <jv and otherwise. The corruption of the Clinton team?
This filth is a way of life in DC. On both sides. Expand your mind to include both parties and you will have a much clearer vision of the swamp.

Things must be heating up over on Pennsylvania Ave. Trump wants to release the Clinton emails and the timing of this announcement is pretty suspect. It seems to me such an obvious distraction, food for the fish, something he knows his base will tear into and divert attention from any negative press he might have coming his way. I bet he’s been saving this one for a while. Is this as transparent to you all as it is to me?

Didn't they already get released through Wikileaks?

Didn't they already get released through Wikileaks?
Yeah, the emails from the DNC server that got hacked, but not everything from her personal account. And we all saw how politicized that situation got. Just think if everybody’s emails got released to the public. It would be utter chaos

The Trump/Rooskie "stealing the election from the Hildebeast" is such a load of bullshit. We already know that Seth Rich was the source of the leaks and the amount of time required to "hack" a server and download that much information would have taken days and would have alerted Cloud Strike that the server was being hacked. All this has done is take focus off of the contents of the leaked e-mails showing and proving corruption of the DNC to the highest levels.

The Trump/Rooskie "stealing the election from the Hildebeast" is such a load of bullshit. We already know that Seth Rich was the source of the leaks and the amount of time required to "hack" a server and download that much information would have taken days and would have alerted Cloud Strike that the server was being hacked. All this has done is take focus off of the contents of the leaked e-mails showing and proving corruption of the DNC to the highest levels.
I don't buy into the Seth Rich story but I do agree that corruption in the DNC is highly likely. Both parties are dirtier than dirt. That said, I was speaking to the political diversion tactic being used by Trump to deflect from the negative press that was coming from the Mueller indictment. It is very transparent at this point and gets exhausting when all the responses to negative accusations against Trump is pointing the finger at Clinton and the DNC. We can look at Clinton and the DNC for the many things that I'm sure they did that was corrupt, but lets stop doing it as an immediate reaction to Trump critics. Its a classic shiny object diversion, its lazy and it isn't intellectually honest.

Okay...the Secretary of State and D nominee for POTUS DESTROYS 33,000 GOVERNMENT emails and we are suppose to ignore this. Only if you are blind, deaf, and dumb.

Tell me what would happen to the average joe government worker, if he/she destroyed government property?

You mean like the orange moron and his evil spawn? Not to mention that gw bush destroyed or lost millions of emails.

Face it - trump has always been a criminal, has been found guilty of crimes and had committed crimes every single day of his so- called presidency.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

/—-/ the timing of the Muller indictments seeems suspect. It was announced right after the Hildabeast/Obozo/Putin collusion story broke. Things must be heating up in Chapaqua.

The statute of limitations is running out. Indicted now as a way of stopping time.

This way, he can add more crimes later.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't buy into the Seth Rich story but I do agree that corruption in the DNC is highly likely. Both parties are dirtier than dirt. That said, I was speaking to the political diversion tactic being used by Trump to deflect from the negative press that was coming from the Mueller indictment. It is very transparent at this point and gets exhausting when all the responses to negative accusations against Trump is pointing the finger at Clinton and the DNC. We can look at Clinton and the DNC for the many things that I'm sure they did that was corrupt, but lets stop doing it as an immediate reaction to Trump critics. Its a classic shiny object diversion, its lazy and it isn't intellectually honest.

That is because you are a critical thinker. What I believe is the deal with the Hillary e-mails is that it will further reveal Hillary's ties with Russia....by pointing the finger at Trump, it deflects attention away from what really happened. You want to talk about foreign money being used to influence an election? Look no further than the Hildebeast that sold diplomacy for donations to her slush fund, look at all the donors from foreign countries. That is why I maintain that we are living in a banana republic.

You gotta actually read conversations before you chime in. We’ve been talking about the 33k. And we’ve been doing so in an oppositional yet civil way then you come in trying to play the petty insult games. Tell you what, if you can grow up and contribute any smart ideas to the conversation in a civil way then please do so. If not then how about you piss off.

Wow, evidently you feel your petty insult games are better. Must be that terrific tolerance BS that idiots like you keep touting.

Wow, evidently you feel your petty insult games are better. Must be that terrific tolerance BS that idiots like you keep touting.
What insult games was I playing? I just told you to join the conversation if you can keep it smart and civil or go away.

Forum List

Back