Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Why anyone would want to keep the current system of taxation is beyond me. Many posts ago I stated the KISS Principle.
Keep It Simple Stupid.

Our tax laws are too danged complicated. The system needs to simplified and get rid of the 70k pages of rules and regulations that have been put their to abuse the system. Get rid of and replace it with a simplified system is what we need. That makes it harder to cheat the system, and makes it easier for everyone to file and not have to hire the CPA's to do your taxes.

Keep it Simple. Repeal the whole code and replace it.

Part of why it is so complicated is because tax avoiders are always using loopholes......
but also part of it is laws passed to CREATE loopholes....so I would say youre right in part.

A number of years ago when I was working a construction job, we had to disrupt, a bit, the traffic by a convenience store. The owner bellyached and complained about all the lost business so that finally my boss who worked for the state agreed to pay for new paving for his lot, but you just know that this same guy was one always complaining about the government spending too much money.....but when he gets the chance to gouge the taxpayer he goes for it full tilt.....This is how I imagine most of those on here complaining about high taxes are....hypocrites.
I just want a simplified code to avoid the BS. The new laws are to create loop holes and nothing more to me.................Those that abuse the loop holes aren't paying the higher tax rates and those being honest are probably paying more..............

Kill the code and redo the whole thing...................whether it's existing system or to the Flat tax that I prefer.

I agree to a certain extent...but think we aught to start by whittling away at the loopholes.

Frigid prattles on his Marxist dogma while claiming not to be a Democrat, you won't get far

Wow, I'd have preferred you trying to insult me in a better manner than this. Just going for the "He's a marxist" is hardly unique from the right's perspective.

No, I'm not a Marxist at all.
Also, no, I'm not a Democrat either.

But when has this ever stopped you people from flinging the shit?

Right, you're just a regular guy who goes on about the rich wanting the poor to be poor, Karl

So, seeing that the rich want a lot of people to be poor makes me a Marxist? I don't get it.

If I see it raining does that make me a fish?
If I see a Koran does that make me a Muslim?

I believe that the Judges, Senators, Congressmen, and the President should not get a wage. They should receive only donations, and then they wouldn't be so wealthy.

Why shouldn't tax rates be based on capital worth, not social worth, under any form of Capitalism?

How do you measure capital worth?
In usual and customary manner, of course.
Spell it out.
Which weights and measures would you prefer? It doesn't matter to me since I am not special pleading that detail because I am pursuing a Cause.

So you're going to audit everyone's belongings, determine their value and tax people based on that?
How much is this pair of jeans worth? What about my CDs, DVDs or TVs?
Or are you just going to tax financial assets, housing, autos?
How do we implement your idiotic cause?
Spell it out.

Why anyone would want to keep the current system of taxation is beyond me. Many posts ago I stated the KISS Principle.
Keep It Simple Stupid.

Our tax laws are too danged complicated. The system needs to simplified and get rid of the 70k pages of rules and regulations that have been put their to abuse the system. Get rid of and replace it with a simplified system is what we need. That makes it harder to cheat the system, and makes it easier for everyone to file and not have to hire the CPA's to do your taxes.

Part of why it is so complicated is because tax avoiders are always using loopholes......
but also part of it is laws passed to CREATE loopholes....so I would say youre right in part.

A number of years ago when I was working a construction job, we had to disrupt, a bit, the traffic by a convenience store. The owner bellyached and complained about all the lost business so that finally my boss who worked for the state agreed to pay for new paving for his lot, but you just know that this same guy was one always complaining about the government spending too much money.....but when he gets the chance to gouge the taxpayer he goes for it full tilt.....This is how I imagine most of those on here complaining about high taxes are....hypocrites.
I just want a simplified code to avoid the BS. The new laws are to create loop holes and nothing more to me.................Those that abuse the loop holes aren't paying the higher tax rates and those being honest are probably paying more..............

Kill the code and redo the whole thing...................whether it's existing system or to the Flat tax that I prefer.

I agree to a certain extent...but think we aught to start by whittling away at the loopholes.

Which loopholes? Any specifics?

Worked before

One thing we do know is that Supply Side Economics has been a failure
Says the idiot living in the end of progressive economy. every time true capitalism and free marketing is tried more and more people live better lives.... unfortunately assholes like you keep electing people who hate liberty because you are jealous and angry that you have to work you lazy ass

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

When has "true Capitalism and free marketing" existed in the US? My guess never, but it was approached during the gilded age and in the decade prior to the Crash of '29.
You wouldn't recognize it anyway

Never said I couldn't afford it. What I said is that I would have to recoup the loss that I would take. Unfortunately, that loss may have to be paid by others which I wouldn't want to do.

A flat tax is not the utopia in taxation. It has it's positives and it has it's negatives. A progressive consumption tax would be more beneficial. It would not only include income tax so that everybody pays, but all payroll taxes that we currently contribute now.
I personally think all right offs are theft from all of us.... I should not be paying your bills.

Really? A grocer spends 95% of his revenue on restocking his shelves. Do you really think he should not be able to deduct his expenses and be forced to pay taxes on revenue? Frankly, I think both you and Ray are a bit confused on how this works and are talking past each other.
Oh, and BTW, Ray is not an idiot.
No he shouldn't.

He shouldn't what, be allowed to deduct his COGS? Are you really suggesting that a biz with a 2% profit margin be made to pay a 20% flat tax, thus incurring an 18% loss on every sale? Really?
No deduction. Stop making all of us pay your bills.

No deduction.

What is your definition of deduction?

Frigid prattles on his Marxist dogma while claiming not to be a Democrat, you won't get far

Wow, I'd have preferred you trying to insult me in a better manner than this. Just going for the "He's a marxist" is hardly unique from the right's perspective.

Right, you're just a regular guy who goes on about the rich wanting the poor to be poor, Karl

So, seeing that the rich want a lot of people to be poor makes me a Marxist? I don't get it.

Straight from the manifesto, that is the rhetoric that justifies Marxism. It's also butt stupid. The "rich" are people, there are all sorts of us. Your bigoted screed lumping us together is the typical stupidity that comes from flaming dogmatics like you, Hitler and the kkk

No, but growing fins does. you didn't say Marxists think that, you said you think what Marxists think

Again, you said what the Marxists think, this is a faulty analogy

Straight from the manifesto, that is the rhetoric that justifies Marxism. It's also butt stupid. The "rich" are people, there are all sorts of us. Your bigoted screed lumping us together is the typical stupidity that comes from flaming dogmatics like you, Hitler and the kkk

No, but growing fins does. you didn't say Marxists think that, you said you think what Marxists think

Jeez dude, you might want to, you know, go on vacation and take it easy for a while. Seems like the bloody pressure's way too high.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Which loopholes? Any specifics?

hedge fund operators get some kind of break as I understand it. on interest income?

interest income on tax-exempt bonds for stadiums built for the rich particularly irks me.

Jeez dude, you might want to, you know, go on vacation and take it easy for a while. Seems like the bloody pressure's way too high.

relax guy. I'ts just a discussion, don't get so worked up about it. Maybe when you calm down we can discuss it again.

And that's what you'd say if someone said your bigoted hate crap about blacks or women, right?

relax guy. I'ts just a discussion, don't get so worked up about it. Maybe when you calm down we can discuss it again.

And that's what you'd say if someone said your bigoted hate crap about blacks or women, right?

So your reaction to me telling you to calm down is to tell me to calm down? Er......

I don't understand your last sentence.

So your reaction to me telling you to calm down is to tell me to calm down? Er......

Yes, telling me how I feel is stupid, you obviously don't know. Maybe instead of talking about feelings we could stay on content.

How is it you grasp bigotry over race or sex, but not your own bigotry based on wealth envy? You obviously know as much about what rich people think as you know about how I feel, yet you insist on informing us on both

tax-code-2013-source-cch-standard-federal-tax-reporter.PNG

Yes, telling me how I feel is stupid, you obviously don't know. Maybe instead of talking about feelings we could stay on content.

How is it you grasp bigotry over race or sex, but not your own bigotry based on wealth envy? You obviously know as much about what rich people think as you know about how I feel, yet you insist on informing us on both

So, in your mind on content is going off and trying to label everyone you don't agree with as a Marxist. Of give me a break. I'm tired of this nonsense.

So, in your mind on content is going off and trying to label everyone you don't agree with as a Marxist. Of give me a break. I'm tired of this nonsense.

Replace "don't agree with" with "who endlessly spews Marxist rhetoric" and you're getting it

Replace "don't agree with" with "who endlessly spews Marxist rhetoric" and you're getting it

Excuse me sir, could you tell me the way to the ignore button?

Excuse me sir, could you tell me the way to the ignore button?

you keep pumping class warfare claiming the rich want the poor to stay poor and don't get the connection between that and marxism? Seriously?

Forum List

Back