So a foster child is being provided a home

Should children be legally deprived in marriage of either a mother or father?

• Yes, the USSC made the right choice in making this a new normal.

• No, children need a mother and father in marriage.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You'll be happy to hear that the judge reversed his order and the couple is free to adopt the child.
Got a link. That did not take long for Sean Reyes' office to kick his ass.
Utah Judge Reverses Order Removing From Lesbian Couple

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah judge reversed his decision to take a baby away from her lesbian foster parents and place her with a heterosexual couple after the ruling led to widespread backlash.

Judge Scott Johansen signed an order, which was released Friday, that will allow the 9-month-old baby to stay with April Hoagland and Beckie Peirce, a married couple who live in the city of Price.

Utah foster parents April Hoagland and Beckie Peirce via KSL
It comes after Johansen said in court Tuesday that the baby would be removed from the couple's home. Utah officials and the couple filed court challenges demanding the judge rescind the order.

In his first decision, Johansen cited research that shows children do better when raised by heterosexual families. However, the American Psychological Association has said there's no scientific basis that gay couples are unfit parents based on sexual orientation.

Messages left with Jim Hunnicutt, a lawyer for the couple, and the Utah Division of Child and Family Services seeking comments on the judge's revised order were not immediately returned Friday.

Hoagland and Peirce are among a group of same-sex married couples who were allowed to become foster parents in Utah after last summer's U.S. Supreme Court ruling that made gay marriage legal across the country. State officials don't keep an exact count but estimate there are a dozen or more foster parents who are married same-sex couples.

Oh what will the faggot haters do now?

"The move to take the baby away generated widespread criticism, including from national gay rights groups and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.

Herbert said Thursday that Johansen should follow the law and not inject his personal beliefs into the decision. Groups including the Anti-Defamation League, Human Rights Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union called the order shocking, outrageous and unjust."

Gee, seems like I said that very thing. Oh wait, I did...

Sexual deviants should not have access to children.

Period.

That's how their sickness spreads.

Except these two women are not sexual deviants.
That's a matter of opinion.

I'm not sure how gays aren't sexual deviants.

%96 of the adults in the country aren't butt pirates or carpet munchers.

That means the %4 who engage in such perversion are deviants.

It's my opinion that they're perverts, but it's a fact that they're deviants.

Like left-handed people? They are a statistical minority. Difference ≠ deviant.

There is no data that supports the fears that have been posted here. What has been cited has been thrown out every time the OP posts it. Every time. You have to meet a specific criteria to even be eligible to become foster parent. You have to jump through hoops. There is no data that says that two lesbian women make bad parents. Nothing.

There are 2 things that people really need to grasp. This is every bit as true once they become our kids (wards of the state).

1. Children need a stable environment. They need to be in a safe and nurturing homes where they can thrive. They need to be disciplined and be able to know that they are still loved afterwards. They need to have access to education. They need to know that the foster parents or pre-adoptive parents or biological parents are going to be there through thick and thin and not cave and say......you're too much. I don't want you.

Some same sex couples, some heterosexual couples and some single people are able to provide that for foster children. Many of each group are not going to be eligible.

2.There is beau-coup money being dropped on these children and when they age out they may not even walk away with a diploma. That is hideous. One of the problems is this fact free notion that same sex couples are incapable of providing the necessary foundations for these children.

"The move to take the baby away generated widespread criticism, including from national gay rights groups and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.

Herbert said Thursday that Johansen should follow the law and not inject his personal beliefs into the decision. Groups including the Anti-Defamation League, Human Rights Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union called the order shocking, outrageous and unjust."

:lmao: .... of course. Governor Herbert is up for re-election in 2016. Should've seen this one coming a mile away. Well folks, if there ever was a chance of Utah turning purple, it's gone now. Red it is..

Kentucky...Texas...Utah...which one will be next? I guess the LGBT machine isn't the only one capable of generating kneejerk voting..

The Pope was just here and there is such a vast majority of people who feel a child should have both a mother and father that ...wow... poor democrats...

if the child was loved and cared for, why remove the child.

Heterosexuals screw up many kids, even abuse and molest them.
They have a better chance with a couple that really want children.

Paint, you know the judge was right.
Hey, would you look at that, even the judge figured out he was wrong, but not Sil, ever...

Gotta wonder though how he "figured out he was wrong" so very very quickly. Judges usually don't overturn themselves the next day. So, yeah..this little story isn't quite played out yet. It's political, weird, and it's going to get heated..

:lmao: .... of course. Governor Herbert is up for re-election in 2016. Should've seen this one coming a mile away. Well folks, if there ever was a chance of Utah turning purple, it's gone now. Red it is..

Kentucky...Texas...Utah...which one will be next? I guess the LGBT machine isn't the only one capable of generating kneejerk voting..

The Pope was just here and there is such a vast majority of people who feel a child should have both a mother and father that ...wow... poor democrats...

Utah turning purple would be like Sil turning normal. Won't happen.

Hey, would you look at that, even the judge figured out he was wrong, but not Sil, ever...

Gotta wonder though how he "figured out he was wrong" so very very quickly. Judges usually don't overturn themselves the next day. So, yeah..this little story isn't quite played out yet. It's political, weird, and it's going to get heated..
No, it's a dead issue, to everyone but the homophobes.

Sean Reyes' hatchet man in the AGs office called him last night and read him the law. End of story.

Nobody can prevent a lesbian couple from having a child... except freaking nature. You almost gotta laugh at the outrage when the same easily outraged left is defending Planned Parenthood for selling murdered human baby body parts.

How about addressing the topic instead of deflecting?

Or perhaps you can't because you know you're position is wrong, but are too dishonest and dishonorable to admit it.

Sorry Sil, looks like this judge isn't buying the anti-gay bullshit you're peddling. Better luck next time in your smear campaign.

I suppose you can always fall back on blaming all those deaths in South Carolina and Oregon on gays and gay marriage. lol

Forum List

Back