SO GLAD the Newtown Parents Are Coming Forward

Bayoubill -

Yes, shooting people is illegal. And yet (in many states) there are no background checks, no 'drivers licenses' for guns, no compulsory safety training, and no clear system of disarming offenders.

Cars have been made safer by the mandatory use of safety belts, tail lights and so forth. Unsafe cars have been taken off the streets, and unsafe drivers frequently banned from dirivng.

All most people want of gun owners is a similar sense of respect and social responsibility.

Driving is a privileged
Owning arms is a right

There are just as many laws fucking over our rights as there are driving laws.

class dismissed

There are no rights. There are only privilages. Something can't be a right if it can be taken away.

Any fool who thinks he has rights should look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942".

Bayoubill -

Yes, shooting people is illegal. And yet (in many states) there are no background checks, no 'drivers licenses' for guns, no compulsory safety training, and no clear system of disarming offenders.

Cars have been made safer by the mandatory use of safety belts, tail lights and so forth. Unsafe cars have been taken off the streets, and unsafe drivers frequently banned from dirivng.

All most people want of gun owners is a similar sense of respect and social responsibility.

Driving is a privileged
Owning arms is a right

class dismissed

There are no rights. There are only privilages.

There is the problem. You are OK with your rights being taken away. True Americans with core values will not let this one be taken.

It's life prohibitive

-Geaux

Well. Joe must have not remember the slaughter of innocent Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto. They had no guns, and no way to defend themselves.

300,000 of them were rounded up, shot, or gassed.

[

Ya cause after all Millions upon millions of law abiding citizens should loss their rights cause a crazy killed some kids.

If the law abiding citizens can't enjoy their HOBBY without keeping them out of the hands of a crazy, yes.

Frankly, I haven't heard anything from your side on how to keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

no crazies have gotten hold of my firearms.

if they had it would have been a criminal act. If they had tried while I was armed they would have been shot, but you crazies want to take that option away too

[

The Aurora shooter passed a background check. Adam Lanza probably could have too. Background checks are a red herring.

Then the background checks are inadequate.

This is what you don't get.

If you have a background check that doesn't catch what the media was able to find out within a day after the shooting, then it isn't thorough enough.

Simple enough solution. Hold the gun sellers and manufacturers civilly liable for gun deaths.

Betcha at that point, they'll be very thorough as to who they issue guns to.

It's funny how the peace creeps and freeloaders don't want you to be able to defend yourselves from the very folks that helped put Obama in office.

Those are the ones that want what you worked hard to have. Hook or crook?

-Geaux

Most gun deaths are sucidies, domestic arguments and accidents.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

Tired old BS joe. That stuff is old school Brady scare tactics. Bubba six pack and his AR-15 aren't an issue really, and even though he is in that tired old 43% he is far more likely to kill some one with his car while drunk driving then his gun accidently or deliberately killing an innocent.

Well. Joe must have not remember the slaughter of innocent Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto. They had no guns, and no way to defend themselves.

300,000 of them were rounded up, shot, or gassed.

Or Rwanda?

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-Geaux

Indeed. When people make light of the right to defend oneself, they need to look at the genocides that occurred in this world. None of the victims had any means of defending themselves.

It's funny how the peace creeps and freeloaders don't want you to be able to defend yourselves from the very folks that helped put Obama in office.

Those are the ones that want what you worked hard to have. Hook or crook?

-Geaux

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

I like data- Links help, but at face value..... Cursory look indicates 2/3 of gun deaths are by suicide. I'm down with that

Acceptable risk.

-Geaux

Not to me. Or to most sane people.

Just becaue you are scared doesn't mean the rest of have to put up with your paranoia.

[

The Aurora shooter passed a background check. Adam Lanza probably could have too. Background checks are a red herring.

If you have a background check that doesn't catch what the media was able to find out within a day after the shooting, then it isn't thorough enough.

Simple enough solution. Hold the gun sellers and manufacturers civilly liable for gun deaths.

I have had a background check every time

I like data- Links help, but at face value..... Cursory look indicates 2/3 of gun deaths are by suicide. I'm down with that

Acceptable risk.

-Geaux

Just becaue you are scared doesn't mean the rest of have to put up with your paranoia.

No it just means you need to MYOB. The 2A protects me from the likes of you and you're ilk. Thank god the founding fathers had the foresight to realize I would need these tools for years to come.

-Geaux

Acceptable risk.

-Geaux

Just because you're scared of guns, doesn't mean you can take them from law abiding citizen to justify your paranoia.

Grow up.

[

What information would have made him fail a background check? There was none. He hadnt done anything criminal or anything that would have prohibited him.
I swear libs have no capacity for critical thought at all.

I knew that they would not stay silent. I knew this time a slaughter like Sandy Hook would not go the way of all the ones before it. Good for them, I will do everything I can to support their cause.

It's too bad that our media cannot or will not publish the photos of what the inside those classrooms looked like after Lanza literally sprayed those children's bodies to the walls. Because people who "cling to their guns" (yep, Obama was spot on about the ignorant people in this country) need to see the reality of their sheer, vapid stupidity.

newtown4n-14-web.jpg

newtown4n-3-web.jpg

newtown4n-20-web.jpg

Truly SAD THAT this would never have happened if Obama just held up the EXISTING LAWS!!!

FACT 1) Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.
Gun prosecutions under Obama down more than 45 percent | WashingtonExaminer.com

FACT 2) Exceptional IN FREQUENT EVENTS mass shootings.. only 8 people killed per year in 2 shootings per year over the last 30 years!
Since 1982 there have been at least 62 mass shootings* across the country, with the killings unfolding in 30 states from Massachusetts to Hawaii. Twenty-five of these mass shootings have occurred since 2006, and 7 of them have taken place in 2012. We've mapped them below, including details on the shooters' identities, the types of weapons they used, and the number of victims they injured and killed.

The shooter took the lives of at least four people. An FBI crime classification report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location.
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America | Mother Jones

So why are these 8 deaths a year a cause for more laws?

Driving is a privileged
Owning arms is a right

class dismissed

There are no rights. There are only privilages.

There is the problem. You are OK with your rights being taken away. True Americans with core values will not let this one be taken.

It's life prohibitive

-Geaux

Ask David Koresh how well that worked out...

if they had it would have been a criminal act. If they had tried while I was armed they would have been shot, but you crazies want to take that option away too

Guy, a crazy already has your firearms...

Namely, you.

The best argument for gun control is a conversation with a gun nut.

As for you, Joe, the best argument is an argument you actually have. Not one you pull out of your backside.

Last edited:

Guy, a crazy already has your firearms...

Namely, you.

The best argument for gun control is a conversation with a gun nut.

Actually, the best argument for gun control is to read your post. Clear and valid data point on the EXACT reason we have the Bill of Rights and 2A specifically.

-Geaux

Forum List

Back