So...how did this convicted felon stockpile all these weapons?

Wow dumbest response I've ever seen. So how do you suppose criminals get guns? Does the black market have a manufacturer? Why do all the illegal guns have brand names?
They got them from Eric Holder.

Geezzus, guy you are so friggin dense it must be painful to be in the same room with you.
Lol that's funny. So what about the other 299,999,999+ guns in the country? How do so many of those fall into criminal hands?
So, making law abiding citizens jump through more hoops to exercise their right to keep and bear arms will prevent criminals from stockpiling weapons?
HOW? Please be specific.
By lessening the number of guns.

Harder to get guns = less guns

Of course, this country's way passed that. Hell, we even have people who practically worship guns.

So again, the best defence of the 2nd amendment is that it's so easy for criminals to get guns in this country, that citizens are better off having a gun of their own.
The over all number of guns is irrelevant.There are 310 million of them in the US. Every year, maybe 20,000 are used by criminals. What's that, one of every 115,500?
80 million legal gun owners should have their non-infringable rights infringed because criminals won't obey the law?

Makes perfect sense.

To no one.
Yeah. You should be allowed to buy rocket launchers too. Why aren't you complaining about not having that right? Sounds to me like your rights are being infringed!

Let's flood the country with rocket launchers! It'll make us safer!

OH MY!

And he's a felon to boot? OH MY!

He got all those guns even without a background check? MY OH MY!

Could it be that perhaps, maybe this criminal and felon got around that technicality somehow?

You know like the Gun show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?

From Fontana, CA its not far to the gun shows from the Central Valley South or those in AZ or NV. And I'm sure there are lots of underground customers in SoCal to make that a profitable enterprise for crooks. Gun show prices for weapons are a lot lower that black market prices for obvious reasons.

But to get butt hurt over the downside of the gun show loophole the 2A'ers and NRA have blocked repeatedly from becoming law is really no reason to act like the gun law nutters are being put upon! Life's a bitch then you die!

Hey bed wetter...

I have to realize that since you're a complete blithering imbecile, you feel compelled to comment on things you know nothing about. It doesn't take a lot of high tech skills or machines to stamp out receivers that can't be traced. All you need is some sheet metal, bar stock steel and rivets along with a lathe, drill press, some files and someone can turn out dozens of full auto weapons in their garage.

There are people in Pakistan with some lingering neanderthal DNA who spin out full auto weapons that are just as reliable as any mass produced ones. It takes them much longer but I have come across these guns in Afghanistan myself.

Since you have no idea where this dude got his shit, you just regurgitate the reactionary moonbat line about "gun show loopholes" just like you're programmed too.

Thanks for being predictable.

Instead of going off half cocked and making yourself look the fool, you really should have READ AND UNDERSTOOD what I wrote and to which you replied instead of taking a pie in the face! Get much exercise jumping to conclusions or straying?

Did I write this:
"Could it be that perhaps, maybe this criminal and felon got around that technicality somehow?"

Or this:
"You know like the Gun show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?"

I proposed a possible and most likely source for that huge stash of weapons. Ever hear of the principle of Occam's Razor? The simplest way to obtain weapons legally and in quantity for cash is at gun shows!

You, on the other hand, spin off into loony land and start talking about something else going on in Pakistan with essentially no relevance to the OP. The reactionary is that jerk looking back at you in the mirror, shit for brains!

you want to catch illegal buyers and sellers at gun shows...cops already know what to do....you send in undercover cops to buy and sell and catch the criminals....no need for universal background checks.......and your welcome....providing simple solutions for anti gun extremists is easy....making them understand them is impossible.....

"If they are licensed gun dealers, and if they use their business in that manner to sell at gun shows in the State in which they're licensed, and if they don't sell to straw buyers under the table or otherwise, yeah!"

They need a State business license as one of the requirements to qualify for the Federal permitting for their STATE operation to do the background checks. Private dealers at gun shows don't need to go through that process,

I think it varies by state as to whether they need a state bidness license to get an FFL. A friend of mine has one simply to get around restrictions of buying guns out of state and bringing them home to Virginia and he has no bidness license at all. He is also an LLC owner, and uses that for similar purposes regarding other out of state activities.

Once you are involved in a specific industry, you learn that there are a lot of tricks to the trade that keep one in bidness.

At the beginning I thought the same thing what Ernie is saying background checks etc. in order to buy a gun. Then one night I was watching CNN (I thought last year) Situation Room where Ed Lavandera went to a gun show in Texas or Arizona where he bought 4 ( not sure what kind ) big guns without any ID or any questions just cash. Then outside the gun show 2 Hispanic men trying to buy the guns. I think the loophole is worse than what people think.
A month later I went to a gun show in Costa Mesa, Ca when I'm inside I asked couple dealers. I want to buy a gun but I don't want any background check and pay cash. One dealer told me he cannot do that even if I quadruple the price then he turned around. Other dealer told me I should go to other state but did not specify and he was nice to tell me to go away.
I'm having a problem attaching the link so this is just a screen shot from Google.

21eca1f04af8e5f82ab92da6fde8fdea.jpg

And so you send in undercover cops...they do the same thing...and when they tell the seller or buyer they can't pass a background check....makimg that clear.....and of they still go through with the sale.....you arrest them.......

Simple solution...no locense needed, or registration needed...you can do that with the laws right now......

"If they are licensed gun dealers, and if they use their business in that manner to sell at gun shows in the State in which they're licensed, and if they don't sell to straw buyers under the table or otherwise, yeah!"

They need a State business license as one of the requirements to qualify for the Federal permitting for their STATE operation to do the background checks. Private dealers at gun shows don't need to go through that process,

I think it varies by state as to whether they need a state bidness license to get an FFL. A friend of mine has one simply to get around restrictions of buying guns out of state and bringing them home to Virginia and he has no bidness license at all. He is also an LLC owner, and uses that for similar purposes regarding other out of state activities.

Once you are involved in a specific industry, you learn that there are a lot of tricks to the trade that keep one in bidness.

At the beginning I thought the same thing what Ernie is saying background checks etc. in order to buy a gun. Then one night I was watching CNN (I thought last year) Situation Room where Ed Lavandera went to a gun show in Texas or Arizona where he bought 4 ( not sure what kind ) big guns without any ID or any questions just cash. Then outside the gun show 2 Hispanic men trying to buy the guns. I think the loophole is worse than what people think.
A month later I went to a gun show in Costa Mesa, Ca when I'm inside I asked couple dealers. I want to buy a gun but I don't want any background check and pay cash. One dealer told me he cannot do that even if I quadruple the price then he turned around. Other dealer told me I should go to other state but did not specify and he was nice to tell me to go away.
I'm having a problem attaching the link so this is just a screen shot from Google.

21eca1f04af8e5f82ab92da6fde8fdea.jpg

and again......if the seller doesn't care...he won't care about a universal background check either...right? so when you catch the guy who can't legally own those guns...you arrest them.....and you can do that right now...

why is that so haard to understand...

you guys want to treat guns differently from any other crime.....you are phobic about guns and it is wrecking your ability to think rationally....

Sooo...all those gun laws aimed at law abiding citizens work....at harrassing law abiding citizens and making it harder, and in some cases impossible, for them to own or carry guns....

Criminals....not really affected by all those gun laws...case in point....

Sighting of massive gun cache leads to arrest of fugitive

Officers and federal agents later secured a search warrant and seized more than 400 firearms — many converted into machine guns — scrap parts to modify a gun’s action to automatic, and more than 20,000 rounds.

“I am very disturbed about the number and the types of weapons seized by our officers,” Jones said. “This represents the types of weapons patrol officers encounter on a daily basis and reinforces law enforcement’s need to have the proper tools to protect themselves and the community.”

“This is a significant arrest that takes hundreds of dangerous military-grade firearms off the streets and keeps them out of the wrong hands,” he added.

A background check revealed that Durant was arrested in 2013 by U.S. Marshals in Mesa, Arizona. He was wanted for escaping a prison program in South Dakota in 1997.

He was convicted in federal court in 1991 of unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons.

A convicted felon....and he had fully automatic weapons in the mix of 400.....

--do you think he passed a mandatory background check for those weapons...

--do you think he has a federal license to own machine guns....

--do you think he has a license for those guns

--do you think he limited himself to only 10 round magazines...

--do you think he registered all those guns....
Where did he get those guns?

We need to track where every gun goes from when it is manufactured, which distributor buys it, what dealer do they sell it to and who does he sell it to.

Great question. How does a felon buy bullets? We should know who originally purchased those bullets.

Not necessary..when you catch him with the gun...arrest him.....you can't track a stolen gun.....so you arrest the criminal who uses the gun to commit the crime, or you arrest the felon for merely ossessing the gun.....

easy...no muss, no fuss....

Yes, a business owner is responsible for running background checks but a private seller is not.

Not sure how that is a loophole, since the person who doesn't have an FFL is not in business to sell guns and so needs no license.

If gun control zealots would cooperate with gun owners, I think that a national gun license ID could be set up where if you get the license you agree to selling with background checks done, and can concealed carry to any state like a national CCW and buy and sell like an FFL holder, that would get through Congress.

If you don't want the national CCW, you don't have to get it and things are still the same for you, but I bet most serious gun owners would get one.

Wow dumbest response I've ever seen. So how do you suppose criminals get guns? Does the black market have a manufacturer? Why do all the illegal guns have brand names?

Geezzus, guy you are so friggin dense it must be painful to be in the same room with you.
Lol that's funny. So what about the other 299,999,999+ guns in the country? How do so many of those fall into criminal hands?
So, making law abiding citizens jump through more hoops to exercise their right to keep and bear arms will prevent criminals from stockpiling weapons?
HOW? Please be specific.

Of course, this country's way passed that. Hell, we even have people who practically worship guns.

So again, the best defence of the 2nd amendment is that it's so easy for criminals to get guns in this country, that citizens are better off having a gun of their own.
The over all number of guns is irrelevant.There are 310 million of them in the US. Every year, maybe 20,000 are used by criminals. What's that, one of every 115,500?
80 million legal gun owners should have their non-infringable rights infringed because criminals won't obey the law?

Makes perfect sense.

To no one.

That is one per 15,000

Yes, a business owner is responsible for running background checks but a private seller is not.

Not sure how that is a loophole, since the person who doesn't have an FFL is not in business to sell guns and so needs no license.

If gun control zealots would cooperate with gun owners, I think that a national gun license ID could be set up where if you get the license you agree to selling with background checks done, and can concealed carry to any state like a national CCW and buy and sell like an FFL holder, that would get through Congress.

If you don't want the national CCW, you don't have to get it and things are still the same for you, but I bet most serious gun owners would get one.

they don't deserve anything....there is no need to license gun owners even for selling guns. normal people are not the police....it is not their job to interrogate other citizens......or run background checks on them.

the criminal knows if they buy a gun or not...and they can already be arrested...right now, under existing law.

and comcelaed carry should already be possible in all the states...it is a Right, and Rights do not stop at the border of particular states.

they don't deserve anything....there is no need to license gun owners even for selling guns. normal people are not the police....it is not their job to interrogate other citizens......or run background checks on them.

the criminal knows if they buy a gun or not...and they can already be arrested...right now, under existing law.

and comcelaed carry should already be possible in all the states...it is a Right, and Rights do not stop at the border of particular states.

I would like a means to do a background check on people I sell to. I have lied a number of times because the dude looked a bit too sketchy for my tastes, but I hate lyhing. I would prefer to be able to go to Gander Mountain and say, 'I need a background check done on this guy who wants to buy my Winchester 300' and have a right to ask them to do it. I would also like to have concealed carry nationwide which should also be the case already according to the Constitution. If I could get a nonbusiness version of an FFL and national CCW, I would gladly do the background checks.

Why is it that Liberals want to place all kinds of limits on 2nd Amendment rights but yell bloody murder when Conservatives want to see an ID before voting?

Should there maybe be a mandatory background check before you cast your vote for hillary? The sheer fact that you WOULD vote for the bitch should disqualify you on mental incompetence grounds.
I'll tell you what, if you ever prove that there's a significant amount of voter fraud in this country, I'll support Voter ID laws.

So what if I can prove there's a significant amount of gun crime in this country? Will you support increased background checks?

no..because universal background checks are just as useless and unecessary as current background checks....the criminals will steal the guns or use a straw purchaser to get the guns.....and your fancy background check will be useless....

you can already arrest someone who breaks the law with a gun...no need for a background check to do that.

if you catch a felon with a gun...or a stockpile of guns like this guy...you can already arrest him...no need for a background check to do that....

Current background checks catch more law abiding people than criminals...and ten the law abiding have to clear their name to get their gun...the criminals...don't bother with the background check in the first place......
Ya bro. Let's flood the country with more guns! Take away background checks!

That'll stop criminals! Or give them a bigger selection of guns to choose from!

No...arresting criminals who use guns actually stops them......since there were 8,145 gun murders in 2014...your background checks don't work now......

If a felon..like this guy is caught with guns...we can already arrest them...that willactually stop him...background checks would not have stopped him....and they didn't.

I would like a means to do a background check on people I sell to. I have lied a number of times because the dude looked a bit too sketchy for my tastes, but I hate lyhing. I would prefer to be able to go to Gander Mountain and say, 'I need a background check done on this guy who wants to buy my Winchester 300' and have a right to ask them to do it. I would also like to have concealed carry nationwide which should also be the case already according to the Constitution. If I could get a nonbusiness version of an FFL and national CCW, I would gladly do the background checks.

Go to your local police depatrmemt...

did hou ask The gun stores if they would do a background check?

Go to your local police depatrmemt...

did hou ask The gun stores if they would do a background check?
was told that they don't do it for the public a couple of times, so I just went with the sale since the guy seemed straight. That still bugs me though.

OH MY!

Could it be that perhaps, maybe this criminal and felon got around that technicality somehow?

You know like the Gun show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?

From Fontana, CA its not far to the gun shows from the Central Valley South or those in AZ or NV. And I'm sure there are lots of underground customers in SoCal to make that a profitable enterprise for crooks. Gun show prices for weapons are a lot lower that black market prices for obvious reasons.

But to get butt hurt over the downside of the gun show loophole the 2A'ers and NRA have blocked repeatedly from becoming law is really no reason to act like the gun law nutters are being put upon! Life's a bitch then you die!

Hey bed wetter...

I have to realize that since you're a complete blithering imbecile, you feel compelled to comment on things you know nothing about. It doesn't take a lot of high tech skills or machines to stamp out receivers that can't be traced. All you need is some sheet metal, bar stock steel and rivets along with a lathe, drill press, some files and someone can turn out dozens of full auto weapons in their garage.

There are people in Pakistan with some lingering neanderthal DNA who spin out full auto weapons that are just as reliable as any mass produced ones. It takes them much longer but I have come across these guns in Afghanistan myself.

Since you have no idea where this dude got his shit, you just regurgitate the reactionary moonbat line about "gun show loopholes" just like you're programmed too.

Instead of going off half cocked and making yourself look the fool, you really should have READ AND UNDERSTOOD what I wrote and to which you replied instead of taking a pie in the face! Get much exercise jumping to conclusions or straying?

Did I write this:
"Could it be that perhaps, maybe this criminal and felon got around that technicality somehow?"

Or this:
"You know like the Gun show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?"

I proposed a possible and most likely source for that huge stash of weapons. Ever hear of the principle of Occam's Razor? The simplest way to obtain weapons legally and in quantity for cash is at gun shows!

You, on the other hand, spin off into loony land and start talking about something else going on in Pakistan with essentially no relevance to the OP. The reactionary is that jerk looking back at you in the mirror, shit for brains!

you want to catch illegal buyers and sellers at gun shows...cops already know what to do....you send in undercover cops to buy and sell and catch the criminals....no need for universal background checks.......and your welcome....providing simple solutions for anti gun extremists is easy....making them understand them is impossible.....

NO! You put everyone at the same level, and get every dealer at a gun show to perform a background check. If the dealer, ANY DEALER doesn't have the wherewithal to conform to the lawful regulations for sale of firearms then they don't sell at that show.

Simply remove the loophole. That would eliminate the straw buyers and criminals from getting firearms if the sellers at the gun shows followed the law. Your suggestion is absurd and shifts the burden from the seller/buyer at sale to State and Federal officials so the NRA remains happy and costs be damned!

OH MY!

Hey bed wetter...

Did I write this:

Or this:

NO! You put everyone at the same level, and get every dealer at a gun show to perform a background check. If the dealer, ANY DEALER doesn't have the wherewithal to conform to the lawful regulations for sale of firearms then they don't sell at that show.

Simply remove the loophole. That would eliminate the straw buyers and criminals from getting firearms if the sellers at the gun shows followed the law. Your suggestion is absurd and shifts the burden from the seller/buyer at sale to State and Federal officials so the NRA remains happy and costs be damned!

I think licensed dealers at the shows already do background checks, at least all the ones around here do.

OH MY!

Hey bed wetter...

Did I write this:

Or this:

I think licensed dealers at the shows already do background checks, at least all the ones around here do.

Yup. Those with storefront businesses that get the federal firearms license can & must initiate the background check at point of sale.

Y
You have a great imagination, but you're not very bright.

Why is it that Liberals want to place all kinds of limits on 2nd Amendment rights but yell bloody murder when Conservatives want to see an ID before voting?

Should there maybe be a mandatory background check before you cast your vote for hillary? The sheer fact that you WOULD vote for the bitch should disqualify you on mental incompetence grounds.
I'll tell you what, if you ever prove that there's a significant amount of voter fraud in this country, I'll support Voter ID laws.

So what if I can prove there's a significant amount of gun crime in this country? Will you support increased background checks?
Would you agree that one murder is too many?

Then why are some 2,000 incidences of voter fraud since 2000 insignificant?
What part of "Shall not be infringed" confuses you?

OH MY!

Hey bed wetter...

Did I write this:

Or this:

It's the law. ALL licensed gun dealers MUST perform a background check for every sale. The record keeping is audited and missing inventory is a big no no.

Sooo...all those gun laws aimed at law abiding citizens work....at harrassing law abiding citizens and making it harder, and in some cases impossible, for them to own or carry guns....

Officers and federal agents later secured a search warrant and seized more than 400 firearms — many converted into machine guns — scrap parts to modify a gun’s action to automatic, and more than 20,000 rounds.

“I am very disturbed about the number and the types of weapons seized by our officers,” Jones said. “This represents the types of weapons patrol officers encounter on a daily basis and reinforces law enforcement’s need to have the proper tools to protect themselves and the community.”

“This is a significant arrest that takes hundreds of dangerous military-grade firearms off the streets and keeps them out of the wrong hands,” he added.

A background check revealed that Durant was arrested in 2013 by U.S. Marshals in Mesa, Arizona. He was wanted for escaping a prison program in South Dakota in 1997.

He was convicted in federal court in 1991 of unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons.

OH MY!

You know like the Gun Show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?

Another hopeless liberal bed wetter that doesn't know that dealers at gun shows have Federal Firearms Licenses and MUST preform a background check on every purchase.
Those sellers/dealers who are "classified" under the law as "private sellers" can't and don't do background checks at gun shows shit for brains! That's the loophole, IDIOT! Get thee informed!
The law is simple if you buy or sell more than a small number of firearms a year YOU MUST BE LICENSED. The idea that there are hundreds of private sellers is ludicrous on its face further that they pay money for a booth at a gunshow to sell a couple weapons they are allowed under the law to sell. Almost all sellers of firearms at gunshows are licensed. They are REQUIRED by law to preform a background check. If you had ever bothered to go to a gunshow you would know this.

OH MY!

ALL licensed gun dealers MUST preform background checks even at Gunshows you retard. THAT is the law. Further almost all firearms sold at gunshows come from LICENSED Dealers. Also a fact. But you dumb asses keep ignoring facts and make shit up.

If they are licensed gun dealers, and if they use their business in that manner to sell at gun shows in the State in which they're licensed, and if they don't sell to straw buyers under the table or otherwise, yeah! If you're claiming ALL DEALERS have to perform the same background checks as those licensed dealers in their licensing State at gun shows then you're full of shit!

So 'splain to me why the 2A'ers and the NRA have fought so bloody hard to keep gun show sales exempted from background checks for each transaction, if as you imply, most sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers!

I'm fine with others exercising the 2A rights, but I don't believe those rights extend to dealers at gun shows to break the law and sell to straw buyers to supply weapons to criminals. If you feel otherwise, then you're an IDIOT!
If they are licensed gun dealers, and if they use their business in that manner to sell at gun shows in the State in which they're licensed, and if they don't sell to straw buyers under the table or otherwise, yeah! If you're claiming ALL DEALERS have to perform the same background checks as those licensed dealers in their licensing State at gun shows then you're full of shit!

Proof you are ignorant.....

Gun dealers are licensed by ATF, not individual states.
A business license you IDIOT! That is a requirement...a licensed storefront business!!!!
ALL FFL MUST conduct a background check no matter where when or to whom they sell a firearm.

HOW? Please be specific.

Makes perfect sense.

To no one.
Yeah. You should be allowed to buy rocket launchers too. Why aren't you complaining about not having that right? Sounds to me like your rights are being infringed!

Let's flood the country with rocket launchers! It'll make us safer!
I'm actually considering a bazooka and/or a M2 BMG
That will not effect you at all (as if I gave a shit about you) and it will make me safer.

Forum List

Back