Someone called me a wing nut the other day.....

In what way?

Is standing up for what you believe a behavior that those on the right should not do?

Where are you doing that? That's what I was trying to get at. Is she telling random people on the street all of this?
I was directing a comment at Mac.

And I addressed it.
You did not.

You obviously were looking to attack a participant as opposed to get your questions answered.
Incorrect.

Where are you doing that? That's what I was trying to get at. Is she telling random people on the street all of this?

And I addressed it.
You did not.

You obviously were looking to attack a participant as opposed to get your questions answered.
Incorrect.

The entire thing was made up for attention. That can accurately describe a wingnut.

And I addressed it.
You did not.

Incorrect.

The entire thing was made up for attention. That can accurately describe a wingnut.
Okay, now this is interesting.

You can read minds across the internet?

And I addressed it.
You did not.

Incorrect.

I don't have to.

You did not.

Incorrect.

I don't have to.
So, that would be a no.

Wingnuttery is more about behaviors than beliefs.
In what way? Is standing up for what you believe a behavior that those on the right should not do?
It depends on how you do it.

Which is my point.
So, how do you do that then? Is it bad behavior to read out loud the bible on a subway as is being discussed in another thread, or is it bad behavior to don genitalia costumes and shout obscenities at idealogical opponents while frothing at the mouth?
Do I really have to explain decent, adult, civil behavior to you? Really?

I'm guessing the only bad behavior you choose to "see" is that which comes from the other "side".

Myopia. Obtuseness. Intellectual dishonesty. Three behaviors of a wingnut.
I guess you're not as quick on the uptake as I was giving you credit for.

I am asking of you, specifically, what behavior do you deem 'wingnuttery' and what definition do you use to apply such bad behavior. Can you cite examples of ONLY one side doing this behavior, and if so, then detail the behavior you are assigning as bad.

You seem to come down a lot on bad behavior for those who lean right, but I have yet to see you specifically target bad behavior of those who lean left.

This lady came up to the OP and called him a wing nut. What behavior of his gave her the right to behave that way?
Since I only have his side of the story, there is no way for me to know. The same goes for you, whether you'll admit it or not.

I'll be more than happy to oblige, since this is so important to you. As I say all the time here, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors, so here's a short list of examples of behaviors regularly displayed by wingnuts on both ends of the spectrum.

Hey, let's do it super special Jeff Foxworthy-style!
  1. Do you automatically attack and name-call people who dare to disagree with you?
  2. Do you hypocritically attack people in the other tribe for things people in your tribe do?
  3. Do you go obtuse and pretend not to see the obvious?
  4. Do you deflect when you don't have a good response?
  5. Do you engage in comical hyperbole when you're trying to make a point? (Hitler!)
  6. Do you refuse to honestly put yourself in the shoes of someone who disagrees with you?
  7. Do you distort the positions of others for some perceived "advantage"?
  8. Do you avoid exposing yourself to contrary information and beliefs?
  9. Do you exhibit intellectual myopia, only seeing what you want to see?
  10. Do you toss out intellectually dishonest straw man arguments?
  11. Do you spin for your tribe, no matter how absurd it is?
  12. Do you flat-out lie to protect or promote your tribe?

.... then you might be a wingnut!

jefffoxworthy_netflix.jpg

Last edited:
In what way? Is standing up for what you believe a behavior that those on the right should not do?

Which is my point.
So, how do you do that then? Is it bad behavior to read out loud the bible on a subway as is being discussed in another thread, or is it bad behavior to don genitalia costumes and shout obscenities at idealogical opponents while frothing at the mouth?

I'm guessing the only bad behavior you choose to "see" is that which comes from the other "side".

I am asking of you, specifically, what behavior do you deem 'wingnuttery' and what definition do you use to apply such bad behavior. Can you cite examples of ONLY one side doing this behavior, and if so, then detail the behavior you are assigning as bad.

You seem to come down a lot on bad behavior for those who lean right, but I have yet to see you specifically target bad behavior of those who lean left.

This lady came up to the OP and called him a wing nut. What behavior of his gave her the right to behave that way?
Since I only have his side of the story, there is no way for me to know. The same goes for you, whether you'll admit it or not.

I'll be more than happy to oblige, since this is so important to you. As I say all the time here, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors, so here's a short list of examples of behaviors regularly displayed by wingnuts on both ends of the spectrum.

Hey, let's do it Jeff Foxworthy-style!
  1. Do you attack and name-call people who dare to disagree with you?
  2. Do you hypocritically attack people in the other tribe for things people in your tribe do?
  5. Do you engage in comical hyperbole when you're trying to make a point?
  6. Do you refuse to honestly put yourself in the shoes of someone who disagrees with you?

Very good. When will you begin to apply this standard to those who are predominately left leaning?

I know you'll say that you do, but I have yet to see it.

I'll make you a deal. For the next three days, call out the bad behavior in posts by left-leaning members of the forum. Be sure to assign motives of wingnuttery to them as you do for the others.

Let's see the walk.

Which is my point.

Very good. When will you begin to apply this standard to those who are predominately left leaning?

I'll make you a deal. For the next three days, call out the bad behavior in posts by left-leaning members of the forum. Be sure to assign motives of wingnuttery to them as you do for the others.

Let's see the walk.
I just said that both ends of the spectrum do it.

If you want to follow me around, go ahead.

You asked, I answered.

Wingnuttery is more about behaviors than beliefs.

Well, I thought about becoming a "moderate" like you and simply taking a different position on every other issue so make myself more mainstream and sensible.

It's nutty to stand up for one's beliefs when those beliefs are provably wrong.

If you STILL deny that man made climate change is a threat to our national security and our very existence, you're a fucking nut. Period.

If you STILL deny that man made climate change is a threat to our national security and our very existence, you're a fucking nut. Period.

Well I was told a decade ago that in a decade cities like Washington DC would be under water by now.

So I believed the science and did my part, I ate a can of baked beans every day and bought an SUV to drive and NOTHING!

I've been played I'm afraid. I feel so stupid.

Well I was told a decade ago that in a decade cities like Washington DC would be under water by now.

So I believed the science and did my part, I ate a can of baked beans every day and bought an SUV to drive and NOTHING!

That's the way a nut responds to reality. Good job.

Let's see the walk.

You asked, I answered.
Yes, that is your shield, I get that.

Let us see you criticize the behavior of a left-leaning member without reference to you're alleged balance. You seem to be quite good at it with regard to right-leaning members.

Then we'll see what you do regarding elected officials.

Let's see the walk.

You asked, I answered.
Yes, that is your shield, I get that.

Let us see you criticize the behavior of a left-leaning member without reference to you're alleged balance. You seem to be quite good at it with regard to right-leaning members.

Then we'll see what you do regarding elected officials.
Okie dokie!

Some woman told me I'm a looney far right wing nut the other day. Then I thought about that long and hard.

I think balancing budgets are good but creating a $25 trillion debt is bad. In fact, it's insane and will probably destroy the Republic. I still believe in two sexes, men and women. I think carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring gas and not a pollutant. In fact, if carbon dioxide all went away I'm pretty sure all plant life would die along with us. I think illegal immigration is illegal and the state and voters should control immigration as they see fit instead of just letting anyone walk across the border. I think telling children that the world is going to end in 12 years from carbon emissions and that they have no future is child abuse and sending them to the UN to cry about it is shameless exploitation of that abuse. And yes, the unborn are really human. They don't become human once the Birth Fair waves her magic wand over them as they exit the womb.

Yep, I'm a real nut case.

Don’t forget “racist” because you don’t want human traffickers coming into the US or because would like for inner city families to have school vouchers.

Some woman told me I'm a looney far right wing nut the other day. Then I thought about that long and hard.

I think balancing budgets are good but creating a $25 trillion debt is bad. In fact, it's insane and will probably destroy the Republic. I still believe in two sexes, men and women. I think carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring gas and not a pollutant. In fact, if carbon dioxide all went away I'm pretty sure all plant life would die along with us. I think illegal immigration is illegal and the state and voters should control immigration as they see fit instead of just letting anyone walk across the border. I think telling children that the world is going to end in 12 years from carbon emissions and that they have no future is child abuse and sending them to the UN to cry about it is shameless exploitation of that abuse. And yes, the unborn are really human. They don't become human once the Birth Fair waves her magic wand over them as they exit the womb.

Yep, I'm a real nut case.
Is there a Democrat that agrees with half of what you said?

Who EXACTLY told you this? Some right wing fossil fuel promoting REPUBLICAN , creating a straw man argument?

You have...and you love it. Unfortunately you have been played by the Republican Party and big business

Forum List

Back