Speech Thread Time!!

Why didn't he give the speech to the UN? They wouldn't believe him either? It's sad to see the last desperate gasp from the Hussein administration trying to drum up support for murdering Syrians "for the children". What then?

Assad is effectively dead meat. He would never have used gas were that not the case. Now, with Russia pressuring him to give up the chemical weapons, he has a major problem. If he gives them all up, he is going to lose big time. However, if he saves some back, and uses them, the Russians have the option of abandoning him and seeking favor with some faction of the rebels.

This is not the kind of situation that has nice clean clear cut black and white choices. Like most of the decisions concerning the Middle East, it is a choice between bad and really bad. Whatever we can do to aid in removing Assad without putting our boots on the ground, or having to use military force, is a victory. Like in Libya, what the people of Syria then do with the oppertunity presented them, is their business and problem. However it turns out, the onus is on them, not us. Not at all the situation that we were put into in Iraq.

NO Assad is SAFE...and can't be touched. Obama about assured it.

putin-vs-obama-jpeg

Only a pussy would say "Pin Prick" strikes. Its "Surgical Strike" you pussy in chief.

Obama supporters* mock Obama supporters...must watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z-sdO6pwVHQ"]Help Kickstart World War III! - YouTube[/ame]

.Disclaimer - may or may not include actual Obama supporters, supplies are limited, act now, operators are standing by.

Last edited:
The one thing that struck me in the President's speech--he stated: "We are the only ones that can do it." So I suppose that means that all European countries including the U.K. have now been castrated?

Now I want to know when we the American public voted to be the World's police? I sure don't remember that vote, nor do I remember any administration publicly volunteering for that job.

And if the World expects us to be the World's Police, then they can dam well pay us for it. They can start out now by paying off our 17 trillion in red ink.

Color-Syria-assad-WEB.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
He obviously doesn't get it.

He's all over the map

Needs to LEAD

I did not see it but the remarks are that it was chaotic, disjointed and had no purpose. I was better off taking the dog for a walk. Better use of time.

:lol: Somehow, as I was reading your comment, my dog was begging me for the first time today to take her for a walk, since this is her time to go.

I just think he carefully couched his speech so he can do whatever he wants.

He wants to delay the vote...but has not said yet that he will abide by the vote. I think he wants more time to talk congressmen into voting for it so if it turns out sour, he can say, "They did it...not me!"

Obama does ZERO concrete unless it embellishes his ego...What we heard tonight was unmitigated garbage...and him being unsure about anything. Totally uncommitted. Typical of someone that is in it for his vanity.

I would rather see this happen than an armed response by the US.

"... over the last few days we’ve seen some encouraging signs in part because of the credible threat of U.S. military action as well as constructive talks that I had with President Putin. The Russian government has indicated a willingness to join with the international community in pushing Assad to give up his chemical weapons. The Assad regime has now admitted that it has these weapons and even said they’d join the chemical weapons convention, which prohibits their use.

It’s too early to tell whether this offer will succeed, and any agreement must verify that the Assad regime keeps its commitments. But this initiative has the potential to remove the threat of chemical weapons without the use of force, particularly because Russia is one of Assad’s strongest allies. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/world/middleeast/obamas-remarks-on-syria.html?pagewanted=3&_r=0

Just get the job done. No matter who sits in the "big chair".

The one thing that struck me in the President's speech--he stated: "We are the only ones that can do it." So I suppose that means that all European countries including the U.K. have now been castrated?

Now I want to know when we the American public voted to be the World's police? I sure don't remember that vote, nor do I remember any administration publicly volunteering for that job.

And if the World expects us to be the World's Police, then they can dam well pay us for it. They can start out now by paying off our 17 trillion in red ink.

Color-Syria-assad-WEB.jpg

No wonder the EU can't stand him.

I am a 23 yr veteran of the USN, I served during the Cold war and the first gulf war, I am totally embarassed by this joke of a CIC. My son is active USN now and he is embarassed also. This POS CIC has done more to damage the US military than any other president, including the worst Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:
So nnnnooooowwwwwww we seek a "diplomatic path"

Why do rw's always have to lie?

And why can't they keep up with news?

Oh yeah, they get their news from fux.

FYI, he tried diplomacy and he tried sanctions.

Whoever said saying "pin prick" is pussy, that he should have said "surgical strike" - That IS what he said -

- that it would not be a "pin prick".

Why do rw's even bother to watch when they have already decided to lie about it?

Just go on humping Putin's leg.

Gutless traitors.

I am a 23 yr veteran of the USN, I servred during the Cold war and the first gulf war, I am totally embarassed by this joke of a CIC. My son is active USN now and he is embarassed also. This POS CIC has done more to damage the US military than any other president, including the worst Jimy Carter.

Sure you are.

When you moving the family to Russia?

Soon, I hope.

I am a 23 yr veteran of the USN, I servred during the Cold war and the first gulf war, I am totally embarassed by this joke of a CIC. My son is active USN now and he is embarassed also. This POS CIC has done more to damage the US military than any other president, including the worst Jimy Carter.

Being ex-Navy also, I picture your son in his ship steaming in circles wondering, "WTF are we going to do? Do we leave? Do we fire a broadside? WTF?
:salute:

Forum List

Back