Stop Antisemitism

From El Watan News (Egypt) and other Arabic news sites:

"The Message" is a theatrical performance presented by the children of the schools of the Al-Ajami Educational Administration in Alexandria. It tells the history of the exile of the Jews to the land of Palestine. It reveals plans that were carried out and whose goal was to exile the Jews far from Europe and to expel them, because they are arrogant terrorists and the cause of the destruction of many European countries.

The goal of the theatrical performance is to introduce new generations to the history of the Palestinian issue with the Zionist enemy.

Ahmed Al-Rifai, the author of the play and head of the theatrical team in the schools participating in the show under the Al-Ajami Educational Administration, told Al-Watan that the show tells the story from the beginning of the Lebanese Sursock family buying land in Palestine from the Ottoman Empire and then the Jews obtaining it through gambling, and it was a haven for the Jews. Only after they were successively expelled from European countries by strict royal decrees, did they then flock to Palestine and formed a lobby that penetrated until there was a state, and they named it after the Prophet of God, Israel, “our master Jacob.”

30 children participate. 3 schools show and the work is presented in several languages at the same time.

Yes, most Arab children really do learn to hate Jews with their mothers' milk.

So, you mean that being proud of who you are means that you hate others? I guess that explains why Americans hate everyone.
I attended standard public american schools --kindergarten thru doctorate----we never did plays
about "EVIL OTHERS"

That's nice. It's untrue but nice.
OH! what sort of hate plays do you imagine are done in
USA public school?----well---the only tinge of hatred I saw was in a play presented for christmas by the local catholic school----the WICKED INNKEEPER---who tossed pregnant Mary into the manger----but that was about it.
In my school---the thanksgiving Indians were friendly and
delighted to share the pumpkin pie

I attended standard public american schools --kindergarten thru doctorate----we never did plays about "EVIL OTHERS"
That's nice. It's untrue but nice.

OH! what sort of hate plays do you imagine are done in
USA public school?
Oh, you're talking about strictly "plays". I am talking about general hatred of every other country that isn't the US. It is the standard American propaganda that is baked into the educational system and enforced by American media. and further coerced by fear of not displaying the American flag in (or in front of) every fricking house and workplace.

Oh, you're talking about strictly "plays". I am talking about general hatred of every other country that isn't the US. It is the standard American propaganda that is baked into the educational system and enforced by American media. and further coerced by fear of not displaying the American flag in (or in front of) every fricking house and workplace.
HUH? gee----and I thought that we were always
hit with a very POSITIVE impression of merry old
England----when I was a kid---even Russians were ok--
just not THE RULERS---they were very evil

HUH? gee----and I thought that we were always
hit with a very POSITIVE impression of merry old
England----when I was a kid---even Russians were ok--
just not THE RULERS---they were very evil
You know as well as I that propaganda changes with whatever line the American regime wants to brainwash its citizens into believing. So, I have no doubt that what you've just written was true but .....

You know as well as I that propaganda changes with whatever line the American regime wants to brainwash its citizens into believing. So, I have no doubt that what you've just written was true but .....
I agree that CURRENTLY THE PROPAGANDA IS VERY
DENSE----but it is not entirely GOVERNMENTAL---
the kids are being BARRAGED by interest groups

in the case of grammar schools---the POPULIST INTERESTS of the PTA cook up the curriculum---lots.
You mean the parents? From most of the media reports I've seen the parents have nothing to say about the transexual and drag show shenanigans in the primary schools. Is it not true?

You mean the parents? From most of the media reports I've seen the parents have nothing to say about the transexual and drag show shenanigans in the primary schools. Is it not true?
uhm.....we is all parents, mayors, teachers, garbage collectors-----PEOPLE make the curriculum----DEMOCRACY!!!!!

[ They are never anti Jews ]

A Harvard University employee challenged a Jewish student who is currently suing the Ivy league school over anti-Semitism to a debate on Israel’s role in 9/11, according to a copy of the harassing email obtained by The Daily Wire.

“I invite you to debate me today at the Cambridge Street overpass 12-1, don’t miss it!” Gustavo Espada, an active university employee, wrote in a Thursday email to Shabbos Kestenbaum, the student. “If you don’t show up I will use a puppet or potted plant to represent you!”

(full article online)

[ Islam, spreading its wings to all the continents. Destroy Israel, kill the Jews ]

The protest, which was captured in videos posted online by Columbia Business School assistant professor Shai Davidai, comes as Columbia has faced criticism for the rising anti-Semitism on its campus.

The demonstration drew around 100 students and included calls for violent uprisings and dying for the Palestinian cause.

"There is nothing, nothing more honorable than dying for a noble cause," a speaker shouted into a bullhorn.

Another speaker led students in an Arabic chant of "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be Arab"—a slogan that calls for the eradication of Jews from Israel.

During the event, students marched in a line through campus as an organizer led them in chants of "Intifada, intifada, long live the intifada!" The intifadas were violent Palestinian uprisings that targeted Jewish civilians, killing over 1,000 Israelis in the 1990s and early 2000s. That organizer also chanted, "From New York to Gaza, globalize the intifada!"

A spokeswoman for Columbia did not respond to a request for comment.

Davidai said the protest was "unauthorized" and a violation of Columbia's code of conduct.

"By refusing to hold the organizers accountable, Columbia is sending a big fuck you to every Jewish and Israeli student, faculty, or staff," the professor said.

The calls for violence and cleansing Jews from Israel appear to violate the university's rules. Columbia said late last year that its "rules of conduct do not allow or condone language that promotes or supports violence in any manner."

"Calls for genocide against the Jewish community or any other group are abhorrent, inconsistent with our values and against our rules," said the statement.

Of all the many strange and egregious things the New York Times has done since October 7, 2023—rehiring an openly Hitler-praising Gaza stringer, misquoting Israel’s defense minister and prime minister in a way that falsely portrayed their intentions, falsely claiming the war is the deadliest in 40 years, advising the president of the United States to “lose it” with Prime Minister Netanyahu—one of the oddest of all is attacking the Passover Seder.

A Times magazine article falsely claiming the old Black-Jewish alliance for Civil Rights has transformed into one against Israel includes about 1,400 words about a single far-left activist named Nicole Carty. It included this paragraph:

“I’ve been to a lot of Passover celebrations,” she added, “and it’s so weird that the story is only of Jewish subjugation, even though subjugation is still so present for other people.” She went on: “Black people still haven’t had their histories honored. We are still gaslit about the impact of slavery and the continued impacts of white supremacy.”

The passage was widely mocked on social media. “The author complains that Passover is too Jewish centric!” one commenter marveled.

Sure, there’s a distinction, as there often is, between the New York Times endorsing this attack on the particularism of Passover and merely reporting on it as newsworthy. The overall framing by the Times, though, is not as an example of black antisemitism or individual silliness, but as a description of a kind of rational and inexorable demographic and historical response to Israeli actions. The Times is perfectly capable, in other contexts, of investigating extremist ideologies while carefully signaling to readers that those ideologies are extreme or not supported by evidence. Not so here.

Carty’s claim is so inaccurate in so many ways that it’s hard to know where to begin. One place might simply be with the characterization of the Passover seder. To begin with, Passover is not the story “only of Jewish subjugation,” it is the story of liberation, of freedom, of God’s bringing the Jewish people out of Egypt to the promised land. Many modern Passover seders do universalize the story some by incorporating references to other liberation stories. In fact, at least one Passover haggadah that is widely used by American Jews, A Different Night, includes the African-American spiritual “Let My People Go,” a discussion of “Black Moses” Harriet Tubman, a conductor on the Underground Railroad, and the Civil Rights anthem “We Shall Overcome.” Maybe Carty’s been going to Passover with the wrong crowd.

Nor is it accurate that Black people “haven’t had their histories honored.” The United States has two federal holidays, Martin Luther King Day and Juneteenth, honoring Black history. In contrast, there are zero federal holidays honoring Jewish history. Maybe you can make a case for Saturday’s inclusion as part of the weekend, but that’s more Jewish religion or civilization than history.

The inaccuracy extends not only to the specific claims about Passover but to the entire premise of the Times article, which is that the “Black-Jewish alliance within the civil rights movement” frayed and has now been replaced: “a new bond between Black and Jewish activists has emerged, catalyzed, in part, by the confluence of civil rights protests and attention to the Palestinian plight.”

That’s false, too. First, the “Black-Jewish alliance within the civil rights movement,” in its best days, while significant, powerful, and praiseworthy, was never universal. There were some Jews in both the North and the South who were reluctant to push for integration, especially if it involved their own neighborhood or schools. And there were some Blacks who were antisemites. The Times article misses that nuance, instead establishing a straw man.

Second, there’s a lot of black-Jewish cooperation happening—largely unreported by the New York Times—in defending Israel and American Jews after the October 7 Hamas terrorist attack. Democratic congressman Hakeem Jeffries spoke strongly in support of Israel and against Jew-hate at the pro-Israel rally in Washington DC on November 14. So did Van Jones. Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina has been a stalwart, as has the lieutenant governor of Virginia, Winsome Earle-Sears. The Yeshiva University, University of Notre Dame, and Brandeis “We Stand Together With Israel Against Hamas” statement was also signed by the United Negro College Fund and many historically Black colleges and universities.

Finally, plenty of young Jews are pro-Israel. A lot of them were at that November 14 rally in Washington. The Times prefers to focus on the young Jews who abhor Israel or who are activists for Palestinian causes, but that tells much more about the Times and its readership than it does about the reality of the American Jewish community.

To sum up: what’s really happening, big picture, is that lots of blacks and Jews, including young ones, are supporting Israel against Hamas. The Times chooses to ignore that news and focus instead on that there are some blacks and Jews who don’t like Israel and have minor differences among each other.

The online version of the Times article now carries a single small correction: “A correction was made on Jan. 23, 2024. An earlier version of this article misstated the number of people killed in Gaza as of mid-October. It was around 3,500, not many thousands.” If the Times had any integrity, it would correct the entire story: “This entire article was based on a false premise generalized wildly from a few unrepresentative anecdotes.”

[50 years of Muslims moving to West and endless BDS, social media and education being poisoned. That is what has happened]

Forum List

Back