Stop being the stupid party

There is an unintended consequence of democrat behavior, liberalism causes so much pain, that the people overcome the leech class. Liberalism fails, every time. Liberal policies have more potential to become more disastrous in the next four years than to create improvement.

If this is true, then why has the Right failed so miserably in changing hearts & minds?

Is that all someone else's fault?

You don't get it. All this government and spending has consequences. Stay tuned.

That doesn't answer my very direct question.

Stop comparing blacks to gays. Where in the constitution does it say that all people have the right to be married?

Ask SCOTUS when it so decides, as it will. This gay fight is over; the gays have won.

I hope not.

If SCOTUS legalizes same sex marriage, it will end up just like abortion. Endlessly fought every day. If this SCOTUS has more intelligence than the one that mistakenly found in Roe v. Wade, it will leave the gay marriage issue alone subject to changing public opinion. IF there is changing public opinion.

The nation is on a downward path. Gay "rights" is a step on that path. The United States wants to be on the wrong side of history. They believe they are the ones to get it right after every other civilization has already gotten it wrong.

Im so glad people like you will soon have NO power in this country

You seem to be quite confident in predicting the future.

Would you send me by Private Message - we don't want anybody else profiting from your wisdom - the winning numbers on the Power Ball lottery?

Please?

Just because some Republicans are saying stupid things does not mean all Republicans are stupid

But if you are Republican and you allow the offensive statements of others to be used against you.......YOU are damned stupid

The nation is on a downward path. Gay "rights" is a step on that path. The United States wants to be on the wrong side of history. They believe they are the ones to get it right after every other civilization has already gotten it wrong.

That's not going to change facts. It doesn't matter if republicans have or do not have power in the country. Democrats have set us on a path of failure on every level. If more people want failure than success, it doesn't change the basic truth that liberalism fails every time it is tried. Out of all the civilizations that normalized same sex relationships, not one has ever survived. What has replaced those civilizations rejected the ideal. Is same sex marriage a cause? Most likely not. What it appears to be is not a cause but a symptom of a culture already in deep decay.

You have to kick the stupid people to the curb.

That means you will have to kick your entire platform to the curb.

You will become dems by doing so.

then the dem party will swing left to deferenciate themselves from you.

Hell you swing far enough left and get some SMART ideas that might just work and I may even consider being a pub

if they go to far left then they become like you and LaKota.....to me that's a good thing because that means the death of your party......and if both parties die....that means the people that dont have their heads up one of the parties ass's take over.....and that is a good thing....

Last edited:

That's not going to change facts. It doesn't matter if republicans have or do not have power in the country. Democrats have set us on a path of failure on every level. If more people want failure than success, it doesn't change the basic truth that liberalism fails every time it is tried. Out of all the civilizations that normalized same sex relationships, not one has ever survived. What has replaced those civilizations rejected the ideal. Is same sex marriage a cause? Most likely not. What it appears to be is not a cause but a symptom of a culture already in deep decay.

Hint: no civilization survives forever, in the long run. Sexual mores have nothing to do with that fact.

Marriage is a straight institution and should be exclusive to straight people. Unfortunately some states don't see it that way.

Marriage was an institution that was exclusive to people of the same race only. Fortunately the courts didn't see it that way.

The SCOTUS is going to disagree with you on marriage being exclusive to "straights" too.

Stop comparing blacks to gays. Where in the constitution does it say that all people have the right to be married?

It’s perfectly appropriate to compare the ignorance and hate exhibited toward African Americans to that of gays, as the discrimination that both suffered was equally offensive to the Constitution and the fundamental tenets of this Nation.

Those who work to deny same-sex couples access to marriage are on the wrong side of history, as were those who worked to deny Blacks and other minorities their civil liberties.

Marriage was an institution that was exclusive to people of the same race only. Fortunately the courts didn't see it that way.

The SCOTUS is going to disagree with you on marriage being exclusive to "straights" too.

Nobody is comparing blacks to gays. What is compared is discrimination to discrimination. As for the right to marry, it was the SCOTUS that determined it on no less than three occasions.

Loving v Virginia (1967)
Zablocki v Wisconsin (1978)
Turner v Safley (1987)

C'mon. Gay activists are always comparing gay struggles to the past stuggles of blacks in our society, as if gays were a homogeneous group and as if you're somehow deprived of your basic rights and dignities like they were.

We fundamentally disagree on the marriage issue, but I'm not very strongly opposed. The one part I really don't like about it is giving tax breaks to them, but even that, it's their money let the keep it.

Last edited:
48% is not 50%

Looking at current demographics, it is more likely for republicans to go down from 48% than to move above 50%. The numbers just aren't there

Republicans need to reset their message. As this thread shows, they prefer to double down on stupid

That's your problem- you think anyone who disagrees with what you belive is stupid. You're very arrogant.

Wasn't me who called them stupid. It was Bobby Jindal.

It is the Republicans who are in denial that are arrogant

You're giving what he said a completely different context and agreeing to it. You know what you're doing.

It’s perfectly appropriate to compare the ignorance and hate exhibited toward African Americans to that of gays, as the discrimination that both suffered was equally offensive to the Constitution and the fundamental tenets of this Nation.

Those who work to deny same-sex couples access to marriage are on the wrong side of history, as were those who worked to deny Blacks and other minorities their civil liberties.

No it isn't. It's exploiting what others went through for political gain. Democrats are the party that listens to blacks right? See how they think about being exploited by gays.

Democrats have built a strong coalition that is winning elections. As much as the Republican media tries to push a "look at the dumb thing that democrat said"......the voters don't buy it

Republicans can continue being the stupid party......and they will continue to lose

lol, a strong coalition that is winning elections.
you win a re-election with a incumbent and all of a sudden you are the KINGS of this country
Just blot out the fact 48% of the people voted against your asses..

48% is not 50%

Looking at current demographics, it is more likely for republicans to go down from 48% than to move above 50%. The numbers just aren't there

Republicans need to reset their message. As this thread shows, they prefer to double down on stupid

RW the political spectrum goes back and forth when one party fucks up.....back in the nineties the Democrats seemed to be a bunch of losers......then the pendulum swung to the Democrats this decade when the Republicans fucked up......sooner or later the Democrats are going to fuck up again and the Republicans may start looking good again.....you give one side to much power,and they will fuck up......they always do.....i just wish they both would either get their shit together or get the fuck out of the way.....

Just because some Republicans are saying stupid things does not mean all Republicans are stupid

But if you are Republican and you allow the offensive statements of others to be used against you.......YOU are damned stupid

I would be tempted to go with your post and change "Republican" to "Democrat" and it would be far more correct, but it would be a violation of Forum Rules.

Democrats have set us on a path of failure on every level. If more people want failure than success, it doesn't change the basic truth that liberalism fails every time it is tried.

I'll try again.

If this is true, then why has the Right failed so miserably in changing hearts & minds?

Conservatism is not eaisy to sell. People actually need to think. Lack of thinking is our problem as a nation.

My image of a Republican has changed so much over the past 5-10 years. When I hear the word "Republican" now, honestly, the first image that pops into my head is of a country clubber living behind a gated community, driving around staring in disgust at everyone in an economy car, talking down to the cop who dares to make him drive the speed limit in his Lexus SUV, and who then calls 911 to report that he sees a black guy walking in the neighborhood "who doesnt belong here". A guy who bitches and whines about "small government", and preaches that we should end all handouts, cut taxes, and run government like a business, meaning, cut HIS taxes and let him enjoy his wealth while all those outside his neighborhood's gates are on their own, fuck 'em.

Thats the image I have of a Republican now. I know its stereotyping. I know there are millions that dont fit that. But, sorry to say, thats the image I related to the term "GOP".

gee that sounds like many a Democrat here in Orange County.......:eusa_eh:

Democrats have set us on a path of failure on every level. If more people want failure than success, it doesn't change the basic truth that liberalism fails every time it is tried.

I'll try again.

Those who would rob Peter to pay Paul, can always count on Paul's vote.

George Bernard Shaw

Are You an American Liberal?

take the test

Do you think that a United States of America without the liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights is not worth living in? If so, you are an American liberal.
Are you thankful that environmental regulations saved the American bald eagle from extinction? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you believe that heirs to multimilllion dollar fortunes like Paris Hilton do not deserve special tax breaks? If so, you are an American liberal.
Are you more inclined to trust the 99 percent of scientists who say that global warming is real and has been caused by human activities, rather than the oil industry lobbyists who still insist that global warming has not yet been proven? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you think that the use of nuclear weapons should always be forbidden, even when the nuclear weapons are owned by the United States? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you believe that people who put in a hard day's work have a right to be paid enough to raise a family? If so, you are an American liberal.
Are you bothered when you hear about government programs to spy on the lawful activities of American citizens? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you think it's a bad idea to allow a small set of religious fundamentalists to determine the laws that we all must live by? If so, you are an American liberal.
Are you interested in making America even better than it has been? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you want to make decisions about your family without interference from the government? Is so, you are an American liberal.
Are you against having your tax money funneled into corporate bank accounts? If so, you are an American liberal.
Do you think that the government has the responsibility to tell us what it's doing in our name? If so, you are an American liberal.

Forum List

Back