Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies

How long before the Republicans show their butthurt and pass another "Repeal Obamacare" bill?
Probably as soon as the majority of Americans elect a Republican POTUS in 2016, since most Americans think the ACA is a piece of crap, and the number will grow when premiums go up next year!!!!

Do you think that they will go up as fast as they did in 1982? The reason that I ask is because my career was underwriting health insurance, and during the Carter years, i was rating in an annual health insurance premium inflation charge of 22%.....

If you check online, some plans are projecting up to a 30% increase, and you can still have a deductible that can have you paying thousands before the insurance even kicks in....

Look at it like a McSwaggart... You get to pay for it, and watch while somebody else eats it!!!!:badgrin:

Ok, I get it. having no health care at all is better than having health care with a 30% premium increase. Sounds like you could give economic lessons to Brownback!
Actually, having health insurance with such high deductibles that you can't afford them is like having no insurance at all, since you can't afford to go to the doctor.... And you get to pay the premiums anyway!!!!

Thank you very much

But you think denying healthcare to the poor is freedom?
You think forcing the poor to pay for something and if they cannot afford it. Make them pay a fine, because they couldn't afford it. Is okay? Why do you hate the poor?
But forcing a poor woman to have a child she can't afford, is con freedom. Why do cons hate the poor and women?
Did I force her to have sex? I didn't demand her to have sex, but you want to demand me buy health insurance. Nice try, you fail again.
Now THAT'S deflection. You're still trying to force a poor woman to have a child she can't afford. You don't even know the meaning of the word fail...look in the mirror.
You dumb shit, I raised a son on my own. Couldn't really afford it, but we got by anyway.
Another adolescent response, because your hypocrisy was exposed. You lose.

True. And, only two countries do not have substantial maternity leave - the US and Papua New Guinea.

Shameful that R's care so little about the American family.
Shameful that so many D's care so little about their own family that they refuse to provide for them.

I not only provide for my family but I am willing to provide for those who are not in as good a position for healthcare as I am

Republicans have a position of....I got mine, fuck everyone else
Maybe there should be a place to donate so lazy POS can get more free stuff.
personally, I work to better my family, F the lazy bastard that does nothing to help himself.

Healthcare is a human necessity...it is not "free stuff"

Explains the people that signed up for Obamacare. Got subsidies and never paid their premiums.

If they did not pay or lied about their eligibility for subsidies they got kicked out or had to pay it back

Why do you keep repeating the old lies?

I sure hope to hell all this negative news about ACA doesn't get back to the world's other industrialized countries! Although they have had universal health care for up to 100 years in some cases, it only exists because they don't know that it is impossible....

How long before the Republicans show their butthurt and pass another "Repeal Obamacare" bill?
Probably as soon as the majority of Americans elect a Republican POTUS in 2016, since most Americans think the ACA is a piece of crap, and the number will grow when premiums go up next year!!!!

Do you think that they will go up as fast as they did in 1982? The reason that I ask is because my career was underwriting health insurance, and during the Carter years, i was rating in an annual health insurance premium inflation charge of 22%.....

If you check online, some plans are projecting up to a 30% increase, and you can still have a deductible that can have you paying thousands before the insurance even kicks in....

Look at it like a McSwaggart... You get to pay for it, and watch while somebody else eats it!!!!:badgrin:

Ok, I get it. having no health care at all is better than having health care with a 30% premium increase. Sounds like you could give economic lessons to Brownback!
Actually, having health insurance with such high deductibles that you can't afford them is like having no insurance at all, since you can't afford to go to the doctor.... And you get to pay the premiums anyway!!!!
That's it. We'll have lots of people buying insurance they can't afford to use. But, upholding the law despite a drafting error is not the same as saying it's a good law. Nor was upholding the law based on congress's power to tax.

Cons have such lame arguments. The Premiums are paid by the government if the poor can't pay them....and it's much cheaper than paying the hospital bills.

Shameful that so many D's care so little about their own family that they refuse to provide for them.

I not only provide for my family but I am willing to provide for those who are not in as good a position for healthcare as I am

Republicans have a position of....I got mine, fuck everyone else
Maybe there should be a place to donate so lazy POS can get more free stuff.
personally, I work to better my family, F the lazy bastard that does nothing to help himself.

Healthcare is a human necessity...it is not "free stuff"

Explains the people that signed up for Obamacare. Got subsidies and never paid their premiums.

If they did not pay or lied about their eligibility for subsidies they got kicked out or had to pay it back

Why do you keep repeating the old lies?

Not a lie. Many never paid them at all. Probably because they thought it was free.

Well, then, I guess whether ACA exists or not, makes no difference, does it?

Exactly

r-OBAMACARE-SUPREMES-huge.jpg

Supreme Court Rejects Obamacare Lawsuit Preserving Insurance For Millions

A great day for America!

A great day for Americans on welfare maybe. Not for those of us who have to pay for it.

Another loss for conservatives trying to take away peoples healthcare

So basically if a law is big enough, and poorly written enough, it can't be overturned no matter how much the court realizes the wording was explicit to the States?
It depends what the incentive is. "We know where your family is." Can be a huge incentive.
So, the dissenting Justices don't care about their family? That's not a very nice thing to say

Cons have such lame arguments. The Premiums are paid by the government if the poor can't pay them....and it's much cheaper than paying the hospital bills.
And the government gets the money from where?????
The stupid is strong in this one.

You think forcing the poor to pay for something and if they cannot afford it. Make them pay a fine, because they couldn't afford it. Is okay? Why do you hate the poor?
But forcing a poor woman to have a child she can't afford, is con freedom. Why do cons hate the poor and women?
Did I force her to have sex? I didn't demand her to have sex, but you want to demand me buy health insurance. Nice try, you fail again.
Now THAT'S deflection. You're still trying to force a poor woman to have a child she can't afford. You don't even know the meaning of the word fail...look in the mirror.
You dumb shit, I raised a son on my own. Couldn't really afford it, but we got by anyway.

Well, presumably, you have about 1 and 1/2 million dollars in spare change, because that was the final bill for my wife's first husbands leukemia before he died at age 54.
What does that have to do with me raising my son?

Actually, all the polls show that more Americans are against Obamacare than support it (and even the one that is close includes the possibility of changes when considering support) .... And the number is likely to grow when premiums increase by the projected 25-30% next year.

Face it, the Democrats own an unpopular program now, and the Republicans have a stronger platform to run on!!!!!

It's possible the SCOTU just gave the Presidency to the Republicans in 2016.....:banana:

The GOP is not serious about overturning Obamacare.

If Jeb gets elected he will just put more "conservative" on the bench like Roberts.
The GOP isn't serious about overturning Obamacare because they know it's just not possible. Prior 2017 it would require an override of a presidential veto plus a new healthcare plan that congress could agree on. In 2017, there will be approximately 35 million people under Obamacare. The insurance companies and most of the medical establishment would fight against any system that would result in a reduction of number insured which means any new plan would look quite a bit like Obamacare.

The Kaiser Health Tracking poll reports that 43% have a favorable view of the Affordable Care Act and 42% have an unfavorable view -- the first time the law has been in positive territory since November of 2012. With SCOTUS latest ruling supporting the law, public support should continue to improve.

Republicans need to move on. They're beating a dead horse.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll April 2015 The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Well, presumably, you have about 1 and 1/2 million dollars in spare change, because that was the final bill for my wife's first husbands leukemia before he died at age 54.
What does that have to do with me raising my son?

What does raising your son have to do with ACA?

So basically what we have been told is any bill that becomes law no matter how badly written or worded does not have to be obeyed and that going forward ANY future President can change a law to suit has and his parties agenda. Everyone regardless of party affiliation should really take some time sit back and think about this.

Forum List

Back