Tax cut benefits

it's the way it always works out. it's the little secret dems hate so much and why they are always against them.

No, actually it does not, that is just a GOP myth.

The 5 years prior to the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased at an average of 15% per year. The 5 years after the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased an average of 6% per year.
nice spew of data that has zero credibility. nice work. your antics are slippery at best. you should post up some links that will prove your post otherwise it has poopy on it.

Here is a source. Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

And here is the math. The tax cut was passed in 1981 and took effect in 82.

View attachment 176474

Now prove my math is wrong or kiss my ass.
that isn't a link it's some made up table I have no idea from where. It doesn't show shit sherlock.

You mean CNSNews, the far right news blog? That is where you link goes

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:
I'm getting two hundred a month more. that's yuge.

For someone flipping burgers at Wendy's, that is pretty good money! I am happy for you!
so you wouldn't take 200 a month extra eh? wow, you truly are a leftist loon.

it's the way it always works out. it's the little secret dems hate so much and why they are always against them.

The 5 years prior to the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased at an average of 15% per year. The 5 years after the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased an average of 6% per year.
nice spew of data that has zero credibility. nice work. your antics are slippery at best. you should post up some links that will prove your post otherwise it has poopy on it.

View attachment 176474

that isn't a link it's some made up table I have no idea from where. It doesn't show shit sherlock.

The link is above the table you moron

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:

For someone flipping burgers at Wendy's, that is pretty good money! I am happy for you!

I got a 12,200 a year raise in Jan, I do not need to rely on tax cuts for more money, I earn it the old fashioned way.

View attachment 176474

I didn't see your table there.

I got a 12,200 a year raise in Jan, I do not need to rely on tax cuts for more money, I earn it the old fashioned way.

did you get a raise under obummer?

View attachment 176474

I made the table based off the data from the link.

Since it seems to be confusing you, let me explain the table to you.

The first column is the tax revenue for each year taken from my link.

The second column is the year.

The third column is the change in dollar amounts. I take the number from the current year and I subtract the number from the previous year.

The fourth column is where it gets tricky for some people. It is called the percent of change. It is determined by subtracting the current year from the previous year (column 3) and then dividing that number by the previous year. And what you get is a percent of change. For example, looking at 1988. The formula goes like this...(.909-.854)/.854, which simplifies to .055/.854, which comes out to .0644, which I then rounded to 6%, because .06 is the same thing as 6%.

I hope that helps.

Of course I did. My promotions are based off of my performance, not who the president is. In my five (well, five in April) years with my current employer I have received two promotions totaling about 22 grand a year from when I first started.

During that time I finished my masters and two certificate programs and did the PMP training and testing and received my PMP certification.

View attachment 176474

The third column is the change in dollar amounts. I take the number from the current year and I subtract the number from the previous year.

The fourth column is where it gets tricky for some people. It is called the percent of change. It is determined by subtracting the current year from the previous year (column 3) and then dividing that number by the previous year. And what you get is a percent of change. For example, looking at 1988. The formula goes like this...(.909-.854)/.854, which simplifies to .055/.854, which comes out to .0644, which I then rounded to 6%, because .06 is the same thing as 6%.

I hope that helps.
So I was correct, it was a made up table. thanks for admitting that. Now what were the tax rates the previous four years and when did they change under Reagan.

Of course I did. My promotions are based off of my performance, not who the president is. In my five (well, five in April) years with my current employer I have received two promotions totaling about 22 grand a year from when I first started.

During that time I finished my masters and two certificate programs and did the PMP training and testing and received my PMP certification.
well actually they are mostly based on how well the company is doing financially. You're a lucky one. I haven't had an increase in salary since 2003. and many a folk lost their job during obummer. quite a few and they were out so long they fell off the unemployment numbers. this is a complicated subject. However, when someone gets something unexpected they are most always grateful. I realize punks like you take that kind of thing for granted. shame.

View attachment 176474

I hope that helps.
So I was correct, it was a made up table. thanks for admitting that. Now what were the tax rates the previous four years and when did they change under Reagan.

I am sorry the math is too confusing for you, but i explained it as simply as I could. Sorry I am out of crayons so I cannot draw you a picture.

I can assure you the math is 100% correct. Your inability to grasp basic math does not change that fact.

The tax cut passed in 1981 and took effect in 82. I already told you that.

Reagan signs Economic Recovery Tax Act (ERTA) - Aug 13, 1981 - HISTORY.com

Last edited:

well actually they are mostly based on how well the company is doing financially. You're a lucky one. I haven't had an increase in salary since 2003. and many a folk lost their job during obummer. quite a few and they were out so long they fell off the unemployment numbers. this is a complicated subject. However, when someone gets something unexpected they are most always grateful. I realize punks like you take that kind of thing for granted. shame.

I do not take anything for granted, I work hard for what I have. Instead of standing pat and whining like you are doing I worked to make myself more valuable to my employer and was rewarded for doing so.

I hope that helps.

I am sorry the math is too confusing for you, but i explained it as simply as I could. Sorry I am out of crayons so I cannot draw you a picture.

I can assure you the math is 100% correct. Your inability to grasp basic math does not change that fact.

well you made up the table. simple as that, you admitted it. dude I read the link. I was merely pointing out I was correct, you made the table. I wasn't wrong was I?

I hope that helps.

well you made up the table. simple as that, you admitted it. dude I read the link. I was merely pointing out I was correct, you made the table. I wasn't wrong was I?

I didn’t make up the table, I made the table so that I could draw useful analysis from the raw data given in link. There is nothing made up, the numbers are correct and the calculations are correct.

I do not take anything for granted, I work hard for what I have. Instead of standing pat and whining like you are doing I worked to make myself more valuable to my employer and was rewarded for doing so.

dude, I've been in my job for 41 years now same company. If you don't think that isn't working hard, you failed. again, a company has to make profits for promotions and merit increases to exist. My company has flushed out 10,000 jobs since 2003. I'm still here. I'm thankful for my salary, and why I never left. It is but a fact, I have not received a merit increase since the telecom winter of '03. And let me tell you, that is hundreds of thousands of us in the telecommunication market. You should read about it.

I hope that helps.

I didn’t make up the table, I made the table so that I could draw useful analysis from the raw data given in link. There is nothing made up, the numbers are correct and the calculations are correct.

dude, I'm funnin with you. it's semantics you know. You did good.

/——/ Debunked a 100 times

dude, I've been in my job for 41 years now same company. If you don't think that isn't working hard, you failed. again, a company has to make profits for promotions and merit increases to exist. My company has flushed out 10,000 jobs since 2003. I'm still here. I'm thankful for my salary, and why I never left. It is but a fact, I have not received a merit increase since the telecom winter of '03. And let me tell you, that is hundreds of thousands of us in the telecommunication market. You should read about it.

Perhaps you should have thought about adding to your skill set and finding a new industry

so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics
I certainly hope that's the way it works out.

Will a tax cut always result in an increase in tax revenue... I say no!
Will a tax cut sometimes result in an increase in tax revenue... I say yes!

That being said, I'm happy to be keeping more of my own money. But I don't know how much longer we can continue to add to the debt.

Obviously no it doesn’t always. Cut taxes to zero and it’s zero no matter how the economy grew
/——/ please explain revenue increases to the treasury before 1913 when the tax code was written

You mean CNSNews, the far right news blog? That is where you link goes

Liberals will be along shorty to inform you the rich...blah blah corporations...blah blah and how you should have voted for Hillary.

Forum List

Back