Taxing The Rich

So yes our small wage gains are mostly thanks to min wage increases.

Mostly?

What percentage? Link?
I thought you gave up?

Gave up questioning your unproven claims? Nope.
But you keep losing. Read the links I’ve already posted, try to catch up.

Asking for your proof and you not providing proof......not a loss for me.
Read the links I've already posted. Try to keep up.

Wage growth in states with minimum wage increases. From 2017 to 2018, wages of the lowest-wage workers grew more in states that increased their minimum wage in 2018.

• On average, in the 29 states without minimum wage increases in 2018, the 10th-percentile wage rose 1.6 percent; in states with minimum wage increases in 2018 (including the District of Columbia), the average 10th-percentile wage rose by 2.1 percent.

2.1% at the 10th-percentile, versus 2.9% overall.

Are you sure that proves your claim, "So yes our small wage gains are mostly thanks to min wage increases"?
Yes. The reason it was slightly better than really bad.

Yes, your "mostly" claim was wrong.
The reason it was slightly better than really bad is mostly because of MW increases.

The reason it was slightly better than really bad is mostly because of MW increases.

"Mostly because of MW increases" would require wage increases at the bottom to be much higher than the average increase, not more than 20% lower than the average.

"Mostly because of MW increases" would require wage increases at the bottom to be much higher than the average increase, not more than 20% lower than the average.
It put an upward pressure on wages not market based activity.

Thanks for the link........

This analysis shows that growth in average wages has been running about 3.9 percent per year in the Current Population Survey over the past two years, a bit firmer than the pace right before the Great Recession but below the near 5 percent reached in 2000.

But increases to minimum wages at the state and local level have put 0.4 percentage points of upward pressure on this recent growth. Absent that pressure, wage growth in the Current Population Survey over the last two years would have been 3.5 percent. That’s still a fine result, but it’s a bit cooler than the unadjusted data suggest.

This source says 0.4% out of 3.9% was because of minimum wage increases.

0.4/3.9 = 10.256%

That's much less than "mostly" (50% or more).

Thanks for finding yet another source that refutes your claim.

Thanks for the link........

This analysis shows that growth in average wages has been running about 3.9 percent per year in the Current Population Survey over the past two years, a bit firmer than the pace right before the Great Recession but below the near 5 percent reached in 2000.

But increases to minimum wages at the state and local level have put 0.4 percentage points of upward pressure on this recent growth. Absent that pressure, wage growth in the Current Population Survey over the last two years would have been 3.5 percent. That’s still a fine result, but it’s a bit cooler than the unadjusted data suggest.

This source says 0.4% out of 3.9% was because of minimum wage increases.

0.4/3.9 = 10.256%

That's much less than "mostly" (50% or more).

Thanks for finding yet another source that refutes your claim.
It’s mostly why it had a small uptick. You don’t seem to get it.

Sure is a lot less than 5 which would have been expected with such low unemployment.

I get it, your claim was wrong.
No, it’s slow wage growth. Without the gains from MW increases it’s really slow growth.

Without the gains from MW increases it’s really slow growth.

Without the 10.256% from the MW hikes (which is much less than your "mostly" claim),
wage growth would have been 3.5%.
Yes, really weak given the unemployment rate. The market is broken obviously.

No, it’s slow wage growth. Without the gains from MW increases it’s really slow growth.

Without the 10.256% from the MW hikes (which is much less than your "mostly" claim),
Yes. The point Brian357 is making is that growth should have been higher due to the low unemployment rate. Closer to five percent was expected.

Yes, really weak given the unemployment rate. The market is broken obviously.

It's true, your "mostly" claim was really, really far from correct.

Why were the gains so small with really low unemployment? Market is broken.

Might have something to do with millions of illegal aliens?
Trump got rid of those. Mexico paid for that wall right?

Unfortunately, he didn't get rid of those.

Forum List

Back