Taxing The Rich

But it seems important that the market is broken.

The market isn't broken.
We had super low unemployment and weak wage gains. The strongest gains were from MW hikes. I’d call that broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

You made the claim. Prove it.
It’s common knowledge. If you aren’t aware you don’t belong in this discussion.

Common knowledge?
Then you should have an easy time finding your proof.

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years. And that’s with lots of MW increases.

here you go

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years.

Better from Jan 2017 - Jan 2018. You must have tons of links that said wage gains were weak
after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ pay and benefits rose at a solid pace last year, but at a slower rate than in 2018, the Labor Department said Friday.

Total salaries and benefits such as health insurance rose 2.7% in 2019, according to the government’s employment cost index, down from 2.9% in the previous year.

So, 2017 was 2.9%, highest since 2009.
2018 was 2.9% and 2019 was 2.7%.

Your link describes 2.7% as solid.

Does anyone, besides you, describe it as weak?
It deceased.

Because of COVID, correct?
These are numbers before covid.

It has barely moved. You are aware that those who were above min wage, but below the new min wage also get increases right?

Yes, it's called the domino effect. You can't increase wages on just one group of people. If I got a job out of high school with no experience for $7.00 an hour, got pay increases and after five years made it to $11.00 an hour, that puts me five dollars an hour over minimum wage. Now some clown like Biden comes along and makes the new MW $15.00 an hour. Did I get a raise? Yes I did. I got a raise to minimum wage. So I'm going to my employer and demanding I continue making $5.00 over minimum wage.

My employer has no choice. If he lets me walk, all the things I learned on the job are lost. I was a good worker to boot. If he doesn't give me a raise and I walk, he has to hire a new kid for minimum wage and start all over again.

Now I'm making $20.00 an hour. But wait! What about the guy who was working at that company five years longer than me making $20.00 an hour, and finds out I'm now making the same money he is making?

Now the company moves out of the country for cheaper labor, and we are all making nothing. Either that or he invests in more automation thus no need for me to be there any longer.
Making your previous statements sound really dumb....

The market isn't broken.
We had super low unemployment and weak wage gains. The strongest gains were from MW hikes. I’d call that broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years. And that’s with lots of MW increases.

here you go

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years.

Better from Jan 2017 - Jan 2018. You must have tons of links that said wage gains were weak
after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ pay and benefits rose at a solid pace last year, but at a slower rate than in 2018, the Labor Department said Friday.

Total salaries and benefits such as health insurance rose 2.7% in 2019, according to the government’s employment cost index, down from 2.9% in the previous year.

Yes, they are called economists.

Do EPI economists count as real economists?

1605632023346.png

Wait, wage growth was strong during the Internet Bubble?

Quick, alert the New York Times!!!!

DURR

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

Yes, they are called economists.

Do EPI economists count as real economists?

View attachment 417483

Wait, wage growth was strong during the Internet Bubble?

Quick, alert the New York Times!!!!

DURR
I don’t think you will find an economist who disagrees.

I don’t think you will find an economist who disagrees.

Right, "solid pace" = weak.

Wages haven't grown at Internet Bubble rates? Wow!
And slower than before the bubble too.

But wage gains were disappointing. Average hourly earnings of private-sector employees rose 2.9% year over year in December. The rate of growth hovered just above 3% for most of 2019.
With unemployment so low, economists expect employers to be under more pressure to increase pay.

Shit. I missed so hilarious threads in the last week. Need to hike less I guess. I had to click the posters history to determine if this was a liberal troll attempt or a truly dumbass right winger. Question answered.

So now you are going against what you last said? Economics are not your thing. What about that domino effect?

If Biden does increase it to $15.00 an hour, you will see the domino effect. You will see inflation, you will see price increases, you will see more jobs heading overseas, you will see more investments in automation, you will see more companies dropping healthcare coverage for their employees. You'll see all of it.

If $15.00 an hour is an improvement, then why not $20.00 an hour? If $20.00 an hour is good, then why not make it great at $25.00 an hour? We both know what would happen to our economy.

So now you are going against what you last said? Economics are not your thing. What about that domino effect?

If Biden does increase it to $15.00 an hour, you will see the domino effect. You will see inflation, you will see price increases, you will see more jobs heading overseas, you will see more investments in automation, you will see more companies dropping healthcare coverage for their employees. You'll see all of it.

If $15.00 an hour is an improvement, then why not $20.00 an hour? If $20.00 an hour is good, then why not make it great at $25.00 an hour? We both know what would happen to our economy.
You seem confused against. So yes our small wage gains are mostly thanks to min wage increases.

So yes our small wage gains are mostly thanks to min wage increases.

Mostly?

What percentage? Link?
I thought you gave up?

Gave up questioning your unproven claims? Nope.
But you keep losing. Read the links I’ve already posted, try to catch up.

Asking for your proof and you not providing proof......not a loss for me.

So yes our small wage gains are mostly thanks to min wage increases.

Mostly?

What percentage? Link?
I thought you gave up?

Gave up questioning your unproven claims? Nope.
But you keep losing. Read the links I’ve already posted, try to catch up.

Asking for your proof and you not providing proof......not a loss for me.
Read the links I've already posted. Try to keep up.

Forum List

Back