Taxing The Rich

But it seems important that the market is broken.

The market isn't broken.
We had super low unemployment and weak wage gains. The strongest gains were from MW hikes. I’d call that broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

You made the claim. Prove it.
It’s common knowledge. If you aren’t aware you don’t belong in this discussion.

Common knowledge?
Then you should have an easy time finding your proof.

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years. And that’s with lots of MW increases.

here you go

You have no evidence of your claims. Gdp growth went down last year. The tax cuts went right into the pockets of the wealthy.

I can't wait until Thanksgiving to tell my family I found out on USMB that I'm wealthy, because I got a tax break like most other middle-class working folks.

Minimum wage workers represent less than 3% of our workforce. There is no way that "some" state MW increases could have an effect on our overall wage growth.
Of course it had an effect. There is no way it didn’t...

The market isn't broken.
We had super low unemployment and weak wage gains. The strongest gains were from MW hikes. I’d call that broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years. And that’s with lots of MW increases.

here you go

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years.

Better from Jan 2017 - Jan 2018. You must have tons of links that said wage gains were weak
after that, eh?

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

Your link says it’s only slightly better than the slow growth we have had for years.

Better from Jan 2017 - Jan 2018. You must have tons of links that said wage gains were weak
after that, eh?
Weak gains.

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Sounds like the market is broken:

The slowdown in salary and benefit growth has been a surprise to economists, since the unemployment rate, currently 3.5%, is at a half-century low and has hovered near that level for most of last year. Businesses typically are forced to pay more and offer better perks when the labor market is so tight.

Step into reality, big business always has & always will go where ever it can get the cheapest labor, some even say that by Refusing to increase the minimum wage & bust unions many work to make American workers cheap labor.

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

Inflation was 2.44 percent in 2018.

You have no evidence of your claims. Gdp growth went down last year. The tax cuts went right into the pockets of the wealthy.

I can't wait until Thanksgiving to tell my family I found out on USMB that I'm wealthy, because I got a tax break like most other middle-class working folks.

Minimum wage workers represent less than 3% of our workforce. There is no way that "some" state MW increases could have an effect on our overall wage growth.
An upward pressure on wages on that Institutional basis.

Step into reality, big business always has & always will go where ever it can get the cheapest labor, some even say that by Refusing to increase the minimum wage & bust unions many work to make American workers cheap labor.
Congress could simply tax firms going overseas for cheaper labor at the minimum wage rate for us labor. There is no first world reason to allow firms to leave for cheaper labor without some Government revenue consequences.

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?
Weak gains.

Where are "weak gains" defined?

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ pay and benefits rose at a solid pace last year, but at a slower rate than in 2018, the Labor Department said Friday.

Total salaries and benefits such as health insurance rose 2.7% in 2019, according to the government’s employment cost index, down from 2.9% in the previous year.

So, 2017 was 2.9%, highest since 2009.
2018 was 2.9% and 2019 was 2.7%.

Your link describes 2.7% as solid.

Does anyone, besides you, describe it as weak?

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ pay and benefits rose at a solid pace last year, but at a slower rate than in 2018, the Labor Department said Friday.

Total salaries and benefits such as health insurance rose 2.7% in 2019, according to the government’s employment cost index, down from 2.9% in the previous year.

It deceased.

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

It deceased.

Because of COVID, correct?

It has barely moved. You are aware that those who were above min wage, but below the new min wage also get increases right?

Yes, it's called the domino effect. You can't increase wages on just one group of people. If I got a job out of high school with no experience for $7.00 an hour, got pay increases and after five years made it to $11.00 an hour, that puts me five dollars an hour over minimum wage. Now some clown like Biden comes along and makes the new MW $15.00 an hour. Did I get a raise? Yes I did. I got a raise to minimum wage. So I'm going to my employer and demanding I continue making $5.00 over minimum wage.

My employer has no choice. If he lets me walk, all the things I learned on the job are lost. I was a good worker to boot. If he doesn't give me a raise and I walk, he has to hire a new kid for minimum wage and start all over again.

Now I'm making $20.00 an hour. But wait! What about the guy who was working at that company five years longer than me making $20.00 an hour, and finds out I'm now making the same money he is making?

Now the company moves out of the country for cheaper labor, and we are all making nothing. Either that or he invests in more automation thus no need for me to be there any longer.

The market isn't broken.

Post the numbers.
Prove me wrong.

Common knowledge?

Maybe start with CNN?

View attachment 417466

here you go

after that, eh?

Thanks for the link.

Yes, they are called economists.

Forum List

Back