The best ever layoff letter (author unknown)

Snopes labels it a legend......total bullshit

But conservatives think it is real

Hey, you think its real that Obama saved the country from a depression. You think it's real that Obama got us out of Iraq... You think it's real that Obamacare is helping more people than it's hurting.

If I were you I wouldn't be calling people out for believing bullshit.

Two things to keep in mind:

First, the way the republicans burned thru money in recent years, the idea that you can blame the dems for tax & spend policies is ridiculous. BOTH parties are deep in our pockets.

Second, the idea that people would be laid off or fired for supporting the Dems might be appealing to you republicans, since beating the dems is obviously more important than taking care of the country. But think about what this says for our voting freedoms? If you know the boss might fire you if you vote for someone he doesn't like, you have lost a basic freedom.

And yeah, I know it is only a joke. But jokes like this breed the ignorance and hatred we see in today's political arena.
The real spending came in when the Dems took over congress, look it up. Yes, we have voting freedoms and we should be free to run business the way we see fit too. Freedom works both ways, or it should. And what do you mean it's more important for Republicans to beat up on the Dems? Not grabbing their ankles and letting them have their way unprotested is beating up on them?

The real spending? lol So running up a debt of billions is ok, but a trillion is horrible and they should be impeached??

The point is, as long as YOU (meaning your party) is running the debt higher, you have no room to complain that the other party is ruining the country by running the debt higher. Whether one is a tiny amount greater is of no consequence.

Yes, the freedoms work both way. But fearing you will lose you job based on how you vote will mean the bosses determine who votes for whom.

I mean both parties seem far more concerned with winning against the other side of the aisle than in serving the American people.

Neither is ok or sustainable. But Dems ran off "holding the purse strings" and claimed they would stifle greatly Bush's spending... Once in office Dems knew the voter base is mostly retarded and would blame Bush for the spending so they rubber stamped everything. Dems didn't try and stop any spending or end any wars once elected. Even Obama once in office spent more and started more wars.

Yes both parties are bad, but really when you break it down at this point in history Dems are quite a bit worse than Reps. Prolly just because they hold the majority. I'm sure Republicans will screw up again once they get the Senate back. Winning the Senate due to Dems making things worse, despite what they tell you.

First, the way the republicans burned thru money in recent years, the idea that you can blame the dems for tax & spend policies is ridiculous. BOTH parties are deep in our pockets.

Second, the idea that people would be laid off or fired for supporting the Dems might be appealing to you republicans, since beating the dems is obviously more important than taking care of the country. But think about what this says for our voting freedoms? If you know the boss might fire you if you vote for someone he doesn't like, you have lost a basic freedom.

And yeah, I know it is only a joke. But jokes like this breed the ignorance and hatred we see in today's political arena.
In truth, people who are unwilling to relax and just enjoy a joke every now and again are exhibiting the symptoms of why we are so divided. When you are so fucking hypersensitive that a simple joke brings about his kind of drivel, I have to say.......get a fucking clue.

K?

Have a nice day.

Your lay-off letter is pretty old. It's been bouncing around in e-mails for a good many years. If you just heard of this, you need to get out more.

I like that RW thanked you for so sating something that actually makes no sense... As long as it's attacking a Republican it's 100% approval by RW.

Both parties are to blame for the tax & spend policies. The Democrats, however, do it to a much higher degree.

I agree about the voting right... However I agree that as a boss (I am) I should be allowed to fire or hire someone for any reason I like.

Since most states have "at will" employment laws, laying people off for political reasons is perfectly legal as long as the result does not appear to match any of the eleven protected categories. Lots of luck with that.

No wonder this guy is sharp! You can’t be any fairer than this guy…

Dear Employees:
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President & that our taxes & government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But, since we can not increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off 60 of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are a family here & I don’t know who to choose who would have to go. So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots & found 60 “Obama” bumper stickers on our employees’ cars & have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can’t think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change…So I gave it to them.
I will see the rest of you at the company picnic.

Cute, I'll add this to my collection of truly offensive wop, ****, and redneck jokes, although it's not as funny. How's the tea bag thing workin' for ya'?

Forum List

Back