The confederates were assholes but knocking down their statues makes you an asshole too

That's the way I look at it.

...and you got it half right.

The South was right.

Right? Right about what? That they should be able to OWN other human beings? No.
It was US laws that made slavery legal. And just before the Civil War the US Supreme Court and Congress backed slavery. So blame the US and the American Flag...

And the amendment to end slavery was ratified in December of 1865. Just 8 months after the end of the civil war.

The South was right.

Right? Right about what? That they should be able to OWN other human beings? No.
It was US laws that made slavery legal. And just before the Civil War the US Supreme Court and Congress backed slavery. So blame the US and the American Flag...

These dumbass uneducated hate filled Moon Bats with only a Jr High School history text understanding of the Civil War don't know that slavery was legal in the US for almost 100 years before the Civil War, during the enitre Civil War and for almost a year after the Civil War.
Northern schools must blame slavery on the South and dont even teach the fact that the North had slavery. Makes them feel better.

The Union was wrong. They should have never sent Federal troops to kill Americans.

They use the slavery bullshit as the moral justification for the murders and destruction.

The forts, the rifles and cannon in all the forts the Confederates used were stolen from the United States.

The South was right.

These dumbass uneducated hate filled Moon Bats with only a Jr High School history text understanding of the Civil War don't know that slavery was legal in the US for almost 100 years before the Civil War, during the enitre Civil War and for almost a year after the Civil War.
Northern schools must blame slavery on the South and dont even teach the fact that the North had slavery. Makes them feel better.

The Union was wrong. They should have never sent Federal troops to kill Americans.

They use the slavery bullshit as the moral justification for the murders and destruction.

The forts, the rifles and cannon in all the forts the Confederates used were stolen from the United States.
Secession was legal. That land became the sovereign property of the CSA.

The South was right.

The land, maybe. Not the forts nor the guns.

The South was right.

The various States slavery systems were never under threat of being outlawed withing the territory of the States.

The South was right.

Like when the Continental Army took forts and cannons from the Brits?

The South was right.
“The South” was wrong, and fought for human slavery then.
The Confederate Flag you so proudly wave today is in fact a symbol of hate and an inspiration for racist terrorists....

“On Wednesday evening, a 21-year-old white South Carolina man murdered 9 black people at the Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina. This was an act of violence reminiscent of the September 15, 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church. For generations, the confederate flag has represented the terror and violence perpetrated on Black communities....”

Take down the confederate flag from the South Carolina Capitol

Those decent white southerners who wrongly argue that Confederate Battle flags and Jim Crow statues are harmless, innocent symbols of “southern pride” merely “hijacked” by racists ... are now finally removing them, as Governor Nikki Haile did in this instance and our military recently did throughout the Marine Corps.

Only hard core fools and open racists still refuse to see this connection, and still choose to wave this reactionary banner today.

Last edited:

The South was right.

Like when the Continental Army took forts and cannons from the Brits?

Yep, exactlyt like that.

Not a single slave ever came from Africa to America on a Confederate flag ship. But US ships from New England sure did bring slaves here. Even after the US outlawed slave ships, the Northern ships continued to go to Africa and bring slaves here. It seems that money was more important to Northerners than the morality of slavery.

Not a single slave ever came from Africa to America on a Confederate flag ship. But US ships from New England sure did bring slaves here. Even after the US outlawed slave ships, the Northern ships continued to go to Africa and bring slaves here. It seems that money was more important to Northerners than the morality of slavery.
Pissing into the wind.

The South was right.
The South fought for human slavery then.
The Confederate Flag you so proudly wave today ... is in fact a symbol of hate and an inspiration for racist terrorists....

“On Wednesday evening, a 21-year-old white South Carolina man murdered 9 black people at the Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina. This was an act of violence reminiscent of the September 15, 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church. For generations, the confederate flag has represented the terror and violence perpetrated on Black communities....”

Every day in Chicago Blacks kill Blacks just like they do in every other Democrat controlled big city shithole and I never hear you stupid Moon Bats bitch about it.

You are confused about the Civil War. You must only have a Jr High School history text knoweldge of the war, which would explain your ingnorance.

Let me suggest something to educate you.

My Great, Great, Grandfather fought in the Civil War for the Confederacy in the 9th Florida Regiment.

During the time he wrote almost 200 letters describing his participation. We have donated those letters to the University of Florida and they are in the archives in the library.

Go read those letters if you really want to know why men like him fought. He says it very clearly in the letters. It was because the Yankee filth was coming to kill Americans and destroy American homes. It wasn't to protect slavery. At that time there were very few slaves in Central Florida and he did not own any. He was a Libertarian that just wanted to be left alone and the Union filth was trying to destroy his freedom.

He fought in the Battle of Olustee where the shithead Union Army was sent to Florida to kill and destroy.

Don't be ignorant. It just makes you look foolish when you post ignorant shit.

The confederate states only existed for 4 years. Of course they didn't use any ships they had to bring in slaves. They were too busy fighting a war to promote and preserve slavery.

The South was right.
The Confederate Flag you so proudly wave today ... is in fact a symbol of hate and an inspiration for racist terrorists....

Every day in Chicago Blacks kill Blacks just like they do in every other Democrat controlled big city shithole and I never hear you stupid Moon Bats bitch about it.

You are confused about the Civil War. You must only have a Jr High School history text knoweldge of the war, which would explain your ingnorance.

My Great, Great, Grandfather fought in the Civil War for the Confederacy in the 9th Florida Regiment.

During the time he wrote almost 200 letters describing his participation. We have donated those letters to the University of Florida and they are in the archives in the library.

Go read those letters if you really want to know why men like him fought. He says it very clearly in the letters. It was because the Yankee filth was coming to kill Americans and destroy American homes. It wasn't to protect slavery. At that time there were very few slaves in Central Florida and he did not own any. He was a Libertarian that just wanted to be left alone and the Union filth was trying to destroy his freedom.

He fought in the Battle of Olustee where the shithead Union Army was sent to Florida to kill and destroy.

Before I read any letters, you should read the Cornerstone Speech, delivered by the Vice-President of the Confederate states of America.

Yes, the Union soldiers came in to return the southern states to the Union. I, personally, am very happy they did. I am a patriotic American.

The South was right.

That brings up a good question. Confederate soldiers were fighting to defend their land and homes from an invasion sent by a Tyrant.

What were Union soldiers fighting for?

The South was right.

That brings up a good question. Confederate soldiers were fighting to defend their land and homes from an invasion sent by a Tyrant.

What were Union soldiers fighting for?

To maintain the United States of America and return the confederacy to the Union.

The South was right.

Before I read any letters, you should read the Cornerstone Speech, delivered by the Vice-President of the Confederate states of America.

Yes, the Union soldiers came in to return the southern states to the Union. I, personally, am very happy they did. I am a patriotic American.

Read Abraham Lincolns own words...
"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

The South was right.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

He said if he could save the Union without freeing slaves, he would do it. But he was determined to preserve the Union.

The South was right.

You are confused, aren't you?

The Confederate soldier didn't fight for rich people to maintain slaves. They fought to keep the Union filth from killing and destroying. That is what is in my Grandfather's letters and the chronicles of many other Confederate soldiers.

I bet that your Jr High text didn't even mention that one third of the Confederate States first voted not to secede but changed their minds when that piece of shit Lincoln said he was going to raise an army to kill Americans.

Lincoln raised his regiments of hate to kill Americans.

Davis raised his regiments of patriots to defend against destruction.

The South was right.

Absolutely correct.

The war was never about slavery. It was about maintaining Union control over Southern cash flow from exports.

These stupid Moon Bats never bother to understand the real causes of the war.

They need to look into why the Union never took Jefferson Davis to trail for treason. It was because his defense would have been that secession was legal and he had a strong case. The Union filth didn't want to lose that argument so they released him.

I don't think a lot of soldiers on either side really had a philosophical reason to be fighting. They were just fighting because that was the way it was. Nobody was an asshole. Most were just probably trying to save their own bacon. It was probably started by two small groups of rich people who didn't see things the same way. The richer ones were bound to win and they did. But to say the guys doing the fighting were assholes is just wrong.

Forum List

Back