The creationists are BACK

LMAO I JUST REALIZED THE HILARITY OF YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT!

the entire concept of a species is a human construct. We created the entire concept of a group of similar animals. Your defining what animals god did and did not specifically create by how scientists in the 20th century grouped together animals. Scientists could have easily placed the stripped Jackal and the black backed jackal within the same species, rather than just in the same genus, in which case you say they would be variation rather than creation by god.

So your basing your decision of what animals god created on how scientists in the 1900's defined the word species.

idiot...

Last edited:
Please respond to the above post before you answer this. I dont want you to get out of that one.

But I'm curious as to your timeline of events. When did god create the universe, what state was it in when he created it, and how have things progressed since then?

So you trust something that constantly proves itself wrong over something that science has yet to have been able to prove is wrong.

Just because you make a statement doent mean it is assumed true until proved false. Its presumed false until it can be proved true. And then its always able to be proved false, if scientists are able to. When you say "god exists", its on you to provide evidence that it exists, not on me to prove it doesnt. I cant prove that something doesnt exist if you cant prove it does.

Science doesnt propose an idea without evidence. Once an idea is proposed its just an idea until more evidence can be supported. Then other scientists attempt to prove it wrong. If it cant be proved wrong it becomes more accepted. The longer it lasts, the more accepted.

How does that not sound like solid logic. Evolution hasnt been proved wrong once in 150 years.

There is a big difference between evolution and man evolving from a common ancestory to other species. Religion wouldn't argue that men have evolved over time. That has never been in dispute.

Religion hasn't been proved wrong for many millenium :cool:

Which religion? Are you claiming they are all right?:cuckoo:

Man has ever failed to prove that deity does not exist. Atheism takes more faith than does a belief in deity. Always been so, always will be so. Choosing to believe God does not exist takes faith that it is so with much less evidence than believing that God does exist. Sorry, folks, thinking people know better than atheists.

Man has ever failed to prove that deity does not exist. Atheism takes more faith than does a belief in deity. Always been so, always will be so. Choosing to believe God does not exist takes faith that it is so with much less evidence than believing that God does exist. Sorry, folks, thinking people know better than atheists.

You believed Obama was going to "save" you with his "hope and change" yet you had faith clown...

Go fuck off....

At least those who have faith have morals unlike democrat scum.

You believed Obama was going to "save" you with his "hope and change" yet you had faith clown...

Go fuck off....

At least those who have faith have morals unlike democrat scum.

So all Democrats have no faith and morals and all Republicans do.:cuckoo:

That's not how it works son.

Man has never proven God exists, so until there's proof of that, we atheists/agnostics are not going to have faith in a book written by man thousands of years ago in another language that talks about talking snakes and living inside whales and a magical boat with 2 of every animal on it.

It takes faith to believe in those ridiculous things that are scientifically impossible, I don't share that faith.

Nick, can't read is all, Gad. I am born-again washed-in-the-blood of the Lamb, Whom I call Lord and who calls me by my first name.

Nick does not understand (maybe he is mentally impaired?) that I was saying that it takes an atheist more faith to believe in nothing, for which there is no evidence, than in deity, for which much evidence exists.

Nick simply is not competent.

Nick, can't read is all, Gad. I am born-again washed-in-the-blood of the Lamb, Whom I call Lord and who calls me by my first name.

Nick does not understand (maybe he is mentally impaired?) that I was saying that it takes an atheist more faith to believe in nothing, for which there is no evidence, than in deity, for which much evidence exists.

No, there's no evidence of a god, none.

There is no evidence that a god doesn't exist either. But it doesn't take faith to assume something is real because you can't prove it isn't. I can't prove there isn't a planet a million galaxies away inhabited only by dancing unicorns, doesn't mean I'm just going to blindly assume there is one.

Science is a faith devoted to observation and self correction, thats why i trust it. All other faiths have at the very core the idea that they provide absolute truth. Science has at the very core the presupposition that its statements are probably wrong until supported by fact.

Evolution has been debated for 150 years by the smartest people on the planet. It is fact.

So you trust something that constantly proves itself wrong over something that science has yet to have been able to prove is wrong.

Just because you make a statement doent mean it is assumed true until proved false. Its presumed false until it can be proved true. And then its always able to be proved false, if scientists are able to. When you say "god exists", its on you to provide evidence that it exists, not on me to prove it doesnt. I cant prove that something doesnt exist if you cant prove it does.

Science doesnt propose an idea without evidence. Once an idea is proposed its just an idea until more evidence can be supported. Then other scientists attempt to prove it wrong. If it cant be proved wrong it becomes more accepted. The longer it lasts, the more accepted.

How does that not sound like solid logic. Evolution hasnt been proved wrong once in 150 years.

Really? So scientists have found the missing link?

There is no evidence that a god doesn't exist either. But it doesn't take faith to assume something is real because you can't prove it isn't. I can't prove there isn't a planet a million galaxies away inhabited only by dancing unicorns, doesn't mean I'm just going to blindly assume there is one.

Faith is a lot of things other than religion also. Faith is believing.
When one lines up against an all American OT, 6'5", 300 lbs. in 30 degree weather on the road you have to not only have a game plan and experience to go with athleticism, you better have some faith.
If proof was needed in all things faith, religion included, then there would not be much faith in anything worth striving for or believing in.
No matter if one is atheist or not.

When one lines up against an all American OT, 6'5", 300 lbs. in 30 degree weather on the road you have to not only have a game plan and experience to go with athleticism, you better have some faith.
If proof was needed in all things faith, religion included, then there would not be much faith in anything worth striving for or believing in.

I appreciate your point, but didn't really have anything to do with what I posted.

It takes no faith to not believe in a god, none.

I appreciate your point, but didn't really have anything to do with what I posted.

I agree.
But one of my main points in proving that beliefs are not science is based on the proof of one's faith and beliefs.
NO ONE can disprove my beliefs and faith in God. NO ONE can prove their is no God.
and:
NO ONE can prove my beliefs and faith in God. NO ONE.
Religion is not science and creationism and ID are not science.

I agree.
But one of my main points in proving that beliefs are not science is based on the proof of one's faith and beliefs.
NO ONE can disprove my beliefs and faith in God. NO ONE can prove their is no God.
and:
NO ONE can prove my beliefs and faith in God. NO ONE.
Religion is not science and creationism and ID are not science.

I agree, thanks for the post.

Of course it does. Or you are simply a null thinker, almost nothing going on up in the brainpan.

Yes, to not believe requires faith even though you deny it. Now you are lying.

The two of you aren't being precise enough.

The difference in language boils down to the difference between "not believing" (an affirmative believe of something NOT being true)...and "being comfortable with not knowing".

It takes no faith to say "you havent proven there's a god" (i.e."being comfortable with not knowing").
It does take faith to say "I don't believe there is a god"

Notice the difference...accept it...and move on. This is college-level Apologetics people.

Forum List

Back