The Dangerous Lie That ‘Bush Lied’

A few months after 9/11 President Bush addressed the nation, and indeed the world, in what we refer to as the State of the Union Address. In that speech he set the tone and mapped out the strategy for responding to al Qaeda for the 9/11 attack. During that speech he declared without question that their was collusion between Iraq and al Qaeda. He stated that Iraq aided and protected al Qaeda. Over a decade after invading and occupying Iraq, interrogating endless Iraqi and al Qaeda officials not a shred of evidence has ever been brought forward to prove this claim by President Bush. The original seed that connected al Qaeda to Saddam was planted as a fact by the President of the United States in front of the nation and the world in the US Capitol before the Congress, the Supreme Court, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, all the Secretaries of all the Executive Departments.

Can anyone explain why this wasn't the giant sized lie that eventually led to the war in Iraq? Is there a compelling reason why Bush should be forgiven for telling this lie? Does anyone even dispute the lie?

Lol, coming from someone who still believes Obama's lies even after it becomes lie of the year. Gruber described you very well.
How are you going know what I believe when you obviously don't have a clue what you believe or why.
You don't support Obama?

Is that as far as your limited thinking takes you? Suppose I agree with the President on some issues but not on others? Does that make smoke come out of your ears? Will your head explode? Can your brain process the information?
Translation, i'm an Obama groupie.

That's what I thought, this is as far as your brain goes.
I asked you a simple question, do support obama? Not my fault you went around your ass to get to your elbow trying to come up with an answer.

You must have missed the first six years of occupation. Were you taking a long nap or what?
Obama stated he officially ended the successful war in Iraq. Then well all hell broke loose. Thanks Obama.

What happened right after the invasion of Iraq? Do you remember?
View attachment 36643

You don't remember very much do you.
I remember we liberated a country, thanks president Bush. Obama cut and ran, therefore making 6000 deaths of our great soldiers, their sacrifice is in vain. SHAME ON OBAMA.View attachment 36644

We toppled a government and didn't provide a stable occupation environment and a civil war broke out. That war has spread to neighboring countries now. President Bush was forced to signed the SOFA in 2008 that effectively ended our combat troops involvement before 2012.

We're saying that all Bush had to go on was faulty Intelligence.

Nope. Facts that didn't fit the narrative were ignored. For example:

On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam’s inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.

Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD as the House of Representatives and the Senate voted, a week after the submission of the NIE, on the Authorization for Use of Military Force in Iraq.

Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction - Salon.com

And the far left drones rush to their far left blog sites for their "facts"..

How are you going know what I believe when you obviously don't have a clue what you believe or why.
You don't support Obama?

Is that as far as your limited thinking takes you? Suppose I agree with the President on some issues but not on others? Does that make smoke come out of your ears? Will your head explode? Can your brain process the information?

I asked you a simple question, do support obama? Not my fault you went around your ass to get to your elbow trying to come up with an answer.

You're not very smart are you. Why do you bother posting on a public forum when you don't really have anything important to say?

Obama stated he officially ended the successful war in Iraq. Then well all hell broke loose. Thanks Obama.

What happened right after the invasion of Iraq? Do you remember?
View attachment 36643

You don't remember very much do you.
I remember we liberated a country, thanks president Bush. Obama cut and ran, therefore making 6000 deaths of our great soldiers, their sacrifice is in vain. SHAME ON OBAMA.View attachment 36644

We toppled a government and didn't provide a stable occupation environment and a civil war broke out. That war has spread to neighboring countries now. President Bush was forced to signed the SOFA in 2008 that effectively ended our combat troops involvement before 2012.

And the far left propaganda continues to flow..

You don't support Obama?

You're not very smart are you. Why do you bother posting on a public forum when you don't really have anything important to say?
Do you support Obama?

Jesus fucking Christ, you're still trying to sell this "bad intelligence" bullshit? Move the fuck on with life already!

Truly. Here's all we need to know about the "lie"....

Kudos for finding that clip. I was pointing that out for years. When he said that, I was stunned. Somehow, it didn't take people long to either forget it, or maybe they hadn't even paid attention in the first place. But nobody seemed to believe that he ever said it. I was telling people back in the early days of 1999 that if Bush was elected we'd be invading Iraq. When 9-11 happened, I told people that very day that it's going to become the excuse to invade Iraq that Bush hoped for. Of course, I was called unpatriotic and all kinds of other things.

Do you support Obama?

On which issues? Simple question.

On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam’s inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.

Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD as the House of Representatives and the Senate voted, a week after the submission of the NIE, on the Authorization for Use of Military Force in Iraq.

Arrghh, attacked by a loonie message-board spam-bot.

On April 23, 2006, CBS’s “60 Minutes” interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam’s foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. “We continued to validate him the whole way through,” said Drumheller. “The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy.”

On April 23, 2006, CBS’s “60 Minutes” interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam’s foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. “We continued to validate him the whole way through,” said Drumheller. “The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy.”

The irony impaired far left spam machines pushing their religous propaganda..

Remember to these far left drones the history of Iraq began in 2003 that led to 9/11..

A few months after 9/11 President Bush addressed the nation, and indeed the world, in what we refer to as the State of the Union Address. In that speech he set the tone and mapped out the strategy for responding to al Qaeda for the 9/11 attack. During that speech he declared without question that their was collusion between Iraq and al Qaeda. He stated that Iraq aided and protected al Qaeda. Over a decade after invading and occupying Iraq, interrogating endless Iraqi and al Qaeda officials not a shred of evidence has ever been brought forward to prove this claim by President Bush. The original seed that connected al Qaeda to Saddam was planted as a fact by the President of the United States in front of the nation and the world in the US Capitol before the Congress, the Supreme Court, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, all the Secretaries of all the Executive Departments.

Can anyone explain why this wasn't the giant sized lie that eventually led to the war in Iraq? Is there a compelling reason why Bush should be forgiven for telling this lie? Does anyone even dispute the lie?
So you mean the bipartisan panel that after months of investigation concluded NO LIES

Those people that dispute the lie??are you talking about them.
If there was a shred of truth to the Bush lie syndrome sickness,the rabid left in their hate for bush would have found thier smoking gun,but they didn't,so now its the butt hurt express

Do you support Obama?

On which issues? Simple question.
How he ended the iraq war?

So you mean the bipartisan panel that after months of investigation concluded NO LIES

Those people that dispute the lie??are you talking about them.
If there was a shred of truth to the Bush lie syndrome sickness,the rabid left in their hate for bush would have found thier smoking gun,but they didn't,so now its the butt hurt express

They were a pack of liars.

Yeah, because we're really going to believe the Foreign Minister of a Hostile Country about what he says regarding their weapons.

Seriously, were you born that stupid? Did you suffer an accident? From a debilitating brain disease? Because if you did, I want to apologize for making fun of you.

It's just that I have trouble believing that anybody can be that STUPID.

I think it's more likely that you are what I have always said EVERY dimocrap is

a moron

You prove me right in here every day. Of the few people in here that haven't decided which side they're on, I want to thank you for sending them our way.

2016 is going to be a cakewalk.

And 2018?!?!

You douchebags are defending 25 Senate Seats. Of the 33 Senate Seats that are up in 2018, you're defending 25.

In 2016, we're going to win in a walk-over. It isn't even going to be close. We lose 2, 3 Senate Seats. Tops.

In 2018? We get over 60 Seats in the Senate. Easy.

You're coalition is falling apart, scumbags.

You need a new schtick

Forum List

Back