The downside of carrying a firearm...

Guns are not going away and they probably shouldn't. I have a gun cabinet full of them. But we all know people who may have a carry permit that are on the edge. I don't know what the solution is or even if there is a solution. But there has got to be some relationship between gun ownership and mental health. At this point I just don't know what it should be...

Look up how many people in this country have been issued CCW permits and then look up how many people with CCW permits commit crimes. Then rethink your position.

You mean like the retired cop who shot a guy over popcorn and a text message?

Yeah, just imagine if you got your wish and only cops had guns. Just imagine how wonderful a country we would be then...

Zimmerman approached the kid in a menacing manner did he not?

Obviously you believe so, but in court, the testimony was that Zimmerman had lost sight of the kid and then the kid approached him.

As i said in a previous post if A guy I didn't know was following me in a car for blocks as I legally walked down the street I would start to feel apprehensive. Wouldn't you?

I believe that the fact that Zimmerman didn't notice Martin until Martin was in the apartment complex, so your characterization of "blacks" seems hyperbolic.

If said person in car pulled up got out of his car and purposefully approached me I would feel threatened. Wouldn't you?

When it's happened in the past to me, I asked "Can I help you?" not struck the person in the face. That might be why I'm still here.

If I told that person to stop coming at me and pulled my weapon I would have been justified wouldn't I?

You might, but according to what was said at trial, Zimmerman didn't access his weapon until he was on the ground being struck.

From what I can tell the kid was doing nothing but walking on the street. Zimmerman approached him with no cause.

Again, apparently the kid approached Zimmerman. You need to educate yourself before you post so you don't waste our time establishing the facts.
There is nothing definitive.

Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman: What really happened? - The Week

The only thing I took from anything is that the police told Zimmerman not to follow the kid he did not comply with the request thereby setting everything in motion.

IMO it was all more Zimmerman's fault. If he had listened to the cops nothing would have happened.

Zimmerman was legally in the right but tactically retarded.

There is rarely upside to pursuit and confrontation as a citizen.

You find who you are chasing then what ?

1) Shoot
2) Get Shot
3) Fist Fight while retaining a gun

The Martin kid was not threatening anyone was he?

Who was Zimmerman protecting? Nothing illegal had happened

So how did Tray end of on top of Zimmy?

As i said in a previous post if A guy I didn't know was following me in a car for blocks as I legally walked down the street I would start to feel apprehensive. Wouldn't you?

If said person in car pulled up got out of his car and purposefully approached me I would feel threatened. Wouldn't you?

If I told that person to stop coming at me and pulled my weapon I would have been justified wouldn't I?

From what I can tell the kid was doing nothing but walking on the street. Zimmerman approached him with no cause.
If I was Tray, I would have ran away as fast as I could, not confront the guy. That's suicidal.

The Martin kid was not threatening anyone was he?

Who was Zimmerman protecting? Nothing illegal had happened

The jury has spoken
You can shut the fuck up now
Thanks

If I was Tray, I would have ran away as fast as I could, not confront the guy. That's suicidal.
When I was 17 I did a lot of shit I wouldn't do now.

The jury has spoken
You can shut the fuck up now
Thanks

Just because he was found not guilty does not mean he had no fault.

Do you assume everyone tells the truth in court?

If I started a confrontation with someone and was getting my ass kicked and then pulled a weapon and killed the guy could I say I shot in self defense? Of course I could.

But I would still be at fault because I started the fight.

Last edited:
yes, we are. Safe from the government. And thats the exact reason for the 2nd amendment.

Very true.....

Our society is suffering from the Gubmint gunning down 13,000 Americans a year

The 2nd amendment was about protecting Americans from redcoats and indians. Since neither is now a threat, the 2nd amendment is now obsolete.
False.
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

So we should disarm everyong because of one nut case ?

Should we ban cars when a mental case drives into a crowd?

No but we have many safety regulations on said cars that have reduced deaths caused by accidents. You have to pass a drivers test and complete comprehensive training to get a liscense. Not the weekend "training course" you need in most states for your CC.
Huh.

You don't need a license to buy a car.
You don't need a license to own a car.
You don't need a license to keep the car on private property.
You don't need a license to possess a car on private property.
You don't need a license to drive a car on private property.

By now, you probably figured out that your point has failed.

Guns are not going away and they probably shouldn't. I have a gun cabinet full of them. But we all know people who may have a carry permit that are on the edge. I don't know what the solution is or even if there is a solution. But there has got to be some relationship between gun ownership and mental health. At this point I just don't know what it should be...

Look up how many people in this country have been issued CCW permits and then look up how many people with CCW permits commit crimes. Then rethink your position.

You mean like the retired cop who shot a guy over popcorn and a text message?

He wasn't issued a CC permit, he was a cop.

guns-mental-health.jpg

Forum List

Back