The hypocrisy and arrogance of atheism

Why the constant attacks on atheism by "christians"?

I just turned on the TV and before I changed the channel, there was some fundie yammering on about how I'll suffer eternity eternal fire and damnation if I don't believe what he does. Its not just one TV program - there are entire networks devoted to attacking those who don't believe in a magic sky fairy.

The brainwashing and propaganda is unrelenting. Everywhere we turn, there's more yelling and screeching that 'your way is the only way'.

Then there's the daily begging for proof that your god exists. Face it folks, there is no proof - either way.

As far as I know, only christians get this special and tax-free treatment.

You're free to believe whatever you want, whatever makes it possible for you to crawl out from under your bed every morning. You're welcome to it. If you want to believe some magical and invisible being created the planet, knock yourselves out. If you want to believe that humans co-existed with dinosaurs, yeah, its dumb but you're welcome to that too. Earth 4 thousand years old? Go ahead and preach that in your tax-free churches.

But quit attacking others for believing in facts and science. And keep your wackiness out of our schools and government buildings.

Is that really so much to ask?

Two points: First, Christians are not the only ones who get the "special and tax-free treatment". Any 501c does. Second, yes - it is too much to ask.

Yes, I did misspeak about other religions getting tax-free "treatmtnt". Sorry 'bout that.

As to "second", you'll have to change the Constitution because, as it stands now, religion is not allowed in our schools and govt buildings.

And of course, I'm sure the attacks will continue cuz christians are a very defensive and fearful lot.

I just turned on the TV and before I changed the channel, there was some fundie yammering on about how I'll suffer eternity eternal fire and damnation if I don't believe what he does. Its not just one TV program - there are entire networks devoted to attacking those who don't believe in a magic sky fairy.

The brainwashing and propaganda is unrelenting. Everywhere we turn, there's more yelling and screeching that 'your way is the only way'.

Then there's the daily begging for proof that your god exists. Face it folks, there is no proof - either way.

You're free to believe whatever you want, whatever makes it possible for you to crawl out from under your bed every morning. You're welcome to it. If you want to believe some magical and invisible being created the planet, knock yourselves out. If you want to believe that humans co-existed with dinosaurs, yeah, its dumb but you're welcome to that too. Earth 4 thousand years old? Go ahead and preach that in your tax-free churches.

But quit attacking others for believing in facts and science. And keep your wackiness out of our schools and government buildings.

Two points: First, Christians are not the only ones who get the "special and tax-free treatment". Any 501c does. Second, yes - it is too much to ask.

1st amendment says otherwise... and they should only be tax free on religious matters... not on property owned that is not put to religious use.

The first amendment does not say otherwise. It says precisely that. It prohibits the government from establishing a religion, but it also protects the rights of the individual for the free expression of religion, and anything else that might take their fancy. As such, they - and you - can attack anything they - or you - like. Freedom doesn't mean only your point of view is allowed.

As to taxes, it is not tax free because it is religious. It is tax free because it is non-profit.

Yes, I did misspeak about other religions getting tax-free "treatmtnt". Sorry 'bout that.

As to "second", you'll have to change the Constitution because, as it stands now, religion is not allowed in our schools and govt buildings.

And of course, I'm sure the attacks will continue cuz christians are a very defensive and fearful lot.

Religion is not only allowed in our schools and government buildings, it is protected under the Constitution. This is the position paper from the ACLU and it is an accurate portrayal of how the law applies. Joint Statement of Current Law on Religion in the Public Schools American Civil Liberties Union

do you believe its a fact that humans and lice have a common ancestor?......

Why not? If you go back far enough
does it bother you that you don't have any proof to demonstrate that is a "FACT"?......
Proof that evolution is a fact: Fossil evidence, sedimentary evidence, DNA, biological studies
except those things don't actually prove it......fossils are evidence that those creatures used to exist......they don't prove that there is a trail of evolution leading from single celled organisms to humans.......as pointed out before, DNA is equally proof of an intelligent designer......biological studies of what, the universe that God created?.......you have what you believe is evidence......I consider the same things to be evidence of what I believe......neither of us have "proof" acceptable to the other.....

When combined with sedimentary evidence, there is little doubt that evolution is a FACT. There is no mixing of complex and non-complex creatures at lower sedimentary layers. They are all simple creatures at lower levels and as you move up, you can see more complex creatures evolve. DNA provides the building blocks of life. As much as you want to claim you have nothing in common with lower life forms, DNA proves you wrong
If you want to give God credit for all that, go ahead. But if you want to claim that God created all life at once, you are wrong
a bit 'cart before horse'....sedimentary layers are matched according to which fossils are found......there are tens of thousands of instances reported in which fossils are found in the "wrong" sedimentary layer......read Forbidden Archeology......

It is a theory that all life is related to a single organism that existed billions of years ago and that is supported by evidence.
only in your dreams.....

I don't dream about scientific theories. I don't have an agenda about the validity of scientific theories. I do have an agenda when science or its theories are mischaracterized, such as you are doing. Whether you accept the theories and evidence is up to you. I detect a bias that you resist any theories or evidence that go against your religious beliefs. Perhaps you should explore that more if you really seek truth.
/shrugs.....you consider it mischaracterizing......I consider it pointing out that there is ZERO scientific evidence as defined by the scientific method that single celled organisms evolved even into multicelled organisms, let alone into human beings.......if you want me to accept that green butterflies evolved from yellow butterflies, I will give you no argument......if you want me to accept that science has shown human beings evolved from single celled organisms I consider you an unscientific dreamer......

do you believe its a fact that humans and lice have a common ancestor?......

does it bother you that you don't have any proof to demonstrate that is a "FACT"?......
Proof that evolution is a fact: Fossil evidence, sedimentary evidence, DNA, biological studies
except those things don't actually prove it......fossils are evidence that those creatures used to exist......they don't prove that there is a trail of evolution leading from single celled organisms to humans.......as pointed out before, DNA is equally proof of an intelligent designer......biological studies of what, the universe that God created?.......you have what you believe is evidence......I consider the same things to be evidence of what I believe......neither of us have "proof" acceptable to the other.....

An interesting area of evolutionary research involves mitochondria. You probably know they are ubiquitous and of prime importance in the energy transport system of cells. How would the idea that their presence in cells came about long after the origin of life fit in with the notion of a Creator whose work was a unique and one-time event? Did the idea come to Him after the events of Genesis and seemed such a great improvement He decided to do an upgrade?

Read the whole article here.

"Parasitic bacteria were the first cousins of the mitochondria that power cells in animals and plants -- and first acted as energy parasites in those cells before becoming beneficial, according to a new University of Virginia study that used next-generation DNA sequencing technologies to decode the genomes of 18 bacteria that are close relatives of mitochondria.
The origin of mitochondria began about 2 billion years ago and is one of the seminal events in the evolutionary history of life. However, little is known about the circumstances surrounding its origin, and that question is considered an enigma in modern biology.
"We believe this study has the potential to change the way we think about the event that led to mitochondria," said U.Va. biologist Martin Wu, the study's lead author. "We are saying that the current theories -- all claiming that the relationship between the bacteria and the host cell at the very beginning of the symbiosis was mutually beneficial -- are likely wrong.
"Instead, we believe the relationship likely was antagonistic -- that the bacteria were parasitic and only later became beneficial to the host cell by switching the direction of the ATP transport."
why do you believe they were not created at the same time?......is it because secular science tells you it would have take billions of years for it to occur as a result of random shit happening randomly.......

An interesting area of evolutionary research involves mitochondria. You probably know they are ubiquitous and of prime importance in the energy transport system of cells. How would the idea that their presence in cells came about long after the origin of life fit in with the notion of a Creator whose work was a unique and one-time event? Did the idea come to Him after the events of Genesis and seemed such a great improvement He decided to do an upgrade?

"Parasitic bacteria were the first cousins of the mitochondria that power cells in animals and plants -- and first acted as energy parasites in those cells before becoming beneficial, according to a new University of Virginia study that used next-generation DNA sequencing technologies to decode the genomes of 18 bacteria that are close relatives of mitochondria.
The origin of mitochondria began about 2 billion years ago and is one of the seminal events in the evolutionary history of life. However, little is known about the circumstances surrounding its origin, and that question is considered an enigma in modern biology.
"We believe this study has the potential to change the way we think about the event that led to mitochondria," said U.Va. biologist Martin Wu, the study's lead author. "We are saying that the current theories -- all claiming that the relationship between the bacteria and the host cell at the very beginning of the symbiosis was mutually beneficial -- are likely wrong.
"Instead, we believe the relationship likely was antagonistic -- that the bacteria were parasitic and only later became beneficial to the host cell by switching the direction of the ATP transport."
why do you believe they were not created at the same time?......is it because secular science tells you it would have take billions of years for it to occur as a result of random shit happening randomly.......

I would say it is because of the age of fossils. If all species were created at the same time ( a massively crowded environment) you would expect to find mastodon fossils in the same strata of rock as triceratops. You don't.

That evolution happens is a fact. The theory is about how it happens.

When combined with sedimentary evidence, there is little doubt that evolution is a FACT. There is no mixing of complex and non-complex creatures at lower sedimentary layers. They are all simple creatures at lower levels and as you move up, you can see more complex creatures evolve. DNA provides the building blocks of life. As much as you want to claim you have nothing in common with lower life forms, DNA proves you wrong
If you want to give God credit for all that, go ahead. But if you want to claim that God created all life at once, you are wrong
a bit 'cart before horse'....sedimentary layers are matched according to which fossils are found......there are tens of thousands of instances reported in which fossils are found in the "wrong" sedimentary layer......read Forbidden Archeology......

You can't fool sediment. It contains what was present at the time it was formed. If all animal life existed at the same time, there would be no sediment that only contains life forms of a simple construct followed by layers of organisms of increasing complexity

It is a theory that all life is related to a single organism that existed billions of years ago and that is supported by evidence.
only in your dreams.....

I don't dream about scientific theories. I don't have an agenda about the validity of scientific theories. I do have an agenda when science or its theories are mischaracterized, such as you are doing. Whether you accept the theories and evidence is up to you. I detect a bias that you resist any theories or evidence that go against your religious beliefs. Perhaps you should explore that more if you really seek truth.
/shrugs.....you consider it mischaracterizing......I consider it pointing out that there is ZERO scientific evidence as defined by the scientific method that single celled organisms evolved even into multicelled organisms, let alone into human beings.......if you want me to accept that green butterflies evolved from yellow butterflies, I will give you no argument......if you want me to accept that science has shown human beings evolved from single celled organisms I consider you an unscientific dreamer......

This is probably pointless, but one more try:

With this post you demonstrate that you are unfamiliar with or do not understand science. You prove my point.

It IS mischaracterizing science to say that science has "shown" human beings evolved from single called organisms. It doesn't show it. Science infers it, it deduces it, it proposes it and supports the proposal with mountains of evidence from various scientific disciplines and then predictions are made based on the explanatory framework. When those predictions prove correct, over and over again then we have a theory. When they don't the theory is scrapped. What you seem to want is PROOF. If you understood science you would understand that science doesn't prove things. Theories aren't proof and never will be proved. And evidence doesn't prove theories, it merely supports or detracts from a theory.

Read this: 29 Evidences for Macroevolution Scientific Proof scientific evidence and the scientific method

Evolutionary theories are a cornerstone of modern biology. "Nothing in Biology makes sense except in the light of Evolution." Theodsius Dobzhansky - Christian and evolutionary biologist. If the explanatory framework and predictive power of the theories of evolution were wrong, how would modern biologists get anything right?

It's a one-line bit.

"There is no God because of SCIENCE!"
"What scientific evidence is there that proves God doesn't exist?"
"there is no God because of SCIENCE, you're STUPID!"
"Ok what did I say that is stupid, and why is it stupid?"
"There is no God because you're STUPID!"

Mindless ranting, that's what bigots do.
Mindless ranting defines your post above.

Nicely done. You confirmed your own stereotype.

Dear, that was a summary of your own rants.

This is the result of fundies getting their science from christian creation ministries. It's the fraudulent and really ignorant assessment that "sedimentary layers are matched according to which fossils are found".

That's a meaningless and truly absurd slogan.

It's a one-line bit.

"There is no God because of SCIENCE!"
"What scientific evidence is there that proves God doesn't exist?"
"there is no God because of SCIENCE, you're STUPID!"
"Ok what did I say that is stupid, and why is it stupid?"
"There is no God because you're STUPID!"

Mindless ranting, that's what bigots do.
Mindless ranting defines your post above.

Nicely done. You confirmed your own stereotype.

Dear, that was a summary of your own rants.

Dear, you're simply the worst example of the stereotype that defines the angry, self-hating, hyper-religious zealot.

Omg, you really are stupid, Hollie.

Now I don't even feel good about exposing you.

On ignore she goes, with the rest of the ignorami who don't add anything to any discussion.

I've beaten atheists many times in my life. It's not as hard as you would think.

I shouldn't give up my secret but I will.

Here's the key. Atheists are hypocrites and because of that hypocrisy not nearly as smart as they think are.

How you say?

Well, let's take the way they demand HARD EVIDENCE for God. It you can't produce "evidence" God exists, then he can't.

BUT they treat Darwinism, Evolution, whatever you call it has hard fact.

Now HERE's the kicker, and this is how deceptive they are.

They say Creationism isn't "science" it's religion, BUT evolution is science.

But Creationism is not about Evolution it's about how life BEGAN. But atheists/evolutionists have NO HARD EVIDENCE for how life began. IN FACT, there isn't ANY HARD EVIDENCE for how life began.

There's only theories. Now theories are wonderful and atheists will go nuts twisting themselves into pretzels insisting that a theory is "proof" of how life began, BUT IT'S NOT.

Now why do they do that. Because then they would have to admit their "science" on how life began, has no more validity than Creationism, and therefore THEY ARE BOTH EQUAL AS THEORIES.

THEY CANNOT admit that. But press them on it and they will finally admit that how life began isn't EVEN really IN the theory of evolution. Why? Because no one KNOW how we really got here. That's why there are so many competing theories including the "alien seed" theory. No one really knows 100%.

Which means, it's all faith that your "theory" is correct. And Creationism is faith as well.

Atheists cannot admit that. That would mean they aren't any smarter or their beliefs have any more validity than those pesky Christians. They will twist themselves into pretzels rather than admit it.

But see how they create a double standard? They cite evolution as proof there is no God, but when pressed on it, will admit evolution doesn't even cover how life began. So how can it prove there is no God?

Answer: It can't!

Well run on posts are boring, so in my second post, I'll address the second double standard of atheism.
God is a theory just like the big bang is a theory.

Both assume that something came from nothing.

The simple fact is there is no downside to believing in a god or an afterlife if you're wrong it won't matter once you're dead if you're right then you live on.

It really makes sense to follow Pascal's wager

There is evidence to support scientific theories. A lot of evidence.
of course.....many scientific theories are supported by evidence......however, not the claim that human beings evolved from single celled organisms........in that instance, only dreams......

Yet more of the mindless rattling from people who get their science from fundamentalist Christian creation ministries.

In connection with your "random shit" comment, you make the mistake common among those absent any understanding of the processes associated with evolutionary science.

Genetic variation might be random, but the natural selection that acts on that variation is not. Adaptation is non-random, as it is the result of objective criteria for fitness. Furthermore the harshness of Natural Selection -- all the mass extinctions, competition for survival, all of that contradicts the notion of loving and compassionate gods. Mass extinctions have little to do with natural selection. Natural selection can not act in the context of a catastrophic event like an asteroid impact. Survival through these events is based on luck, not adaptation.

Nature routinely finds suboptimal solutions that an intelligent designer would never choose. Nature is constrained by contingent history, intelligent design is not. The consequences of the difference are obvious and compelling, not that you YEC'ists will be able to understand any of the above.

Forum List

Back