The hypocrisy and arrogance of atheism

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory
do you believe its a fact that humans and lice have a common ancestor?......

Why not? If you go back far enough
does it bother you that you don't have any proof to demonstrate that is a "FACT"?......
Proof that evolution is a fact: Fossil evidence, sedimentary evidence, DNA, biological studies

Proof that God is a fact: a book

poor teatard....

should the non-existence of santa claus, the easter bunny and faeries be proven as well.

no one needs to prove a negative. you need to prove an asserted fact.

you believe... that's fine. but it's faith.

no hypocrisy on the part of those who don't believe.

poor dear.

I'm not saying God can be proved.

I'm saying Atheists have a double standard on proof.

They demand evidence, especially hard evidence for God, but chuck all that for how life began. And then they play a deceptive game trying to hide under the "fact" of evolution when they know (or should) the origins of life isn't covered under evolution.

If you can't address that just admit it.

Snarky comments only highlights the vacuum of real debate you can bring to the subject.
It seems your real issue is that science has the means to explore the questions of how life began and you see that as a threat to the tales and fables of whatever creation story linked to whatever gawds will be displaced.

And just to bring you up to speed, biological evolution is as much a fact as anything in science can be termed a fact.

Um, no but that's a nice try attempting to turn it on it's head.

Atheists do NOT want to explore how life began. You can't want to explore unless you are open to ALL theories.

But atheists refuse to explore the possibility that God created it.

They will only accept theories that preclude God. But they have NO EVIDENCE TO DO THAT.

Either to accept God or exclude him. They have no evidence at all.

only in fundie zeaolotworld....

I get you and Hollie confused. Which one of you is Jewish?

i am. why?

Do you have anything to suggest that one or more of your polytheistic gawds created DNA. Why not share the evidence you have?
I'm not the one pretending my beliefs are proven by science.....

No, you're pretending that your beliefs are facts.
????.....I believe they are facts.......that should be axiomatic.....are you prepared to admit that the evolution of humans from a single celled organism is simply something you believe to be a fact?........or do you pretend, as some do here, that science has proved it..........

Do you have anything to suggest that one or more of your polytheistic gawds created DNA. Why not share the evidence you have?

Well think about it. Talking snakes? 350 year old men? Living in a whales belly for 3 days and living to tell about it? Virgin births?
life crawling out of mud puddles struck by lightening.......single celled organisms turning into multicelled organisms........humans and eels having common ancestors......random shit happening randomly........

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory

does it bother you that you don't have any proof to demonstrate that is a "FACT"?......
Proof that evolution is a fact: Fossil evidence, sedimentary evidence, DNA, biological studies
except those things don't actually prove it......fossils are evidence that those creatures used to exist......they don't prove that there is a trail of evolution leading from single celled organisms to humans.......as pointed out before, DNA is equally proof of an intelligent designer......biological studies of what, the universe that God created?.......you have what you believe is evidence......I consider the same things to be evidence of what I believe......neither of us have "proof" acceptable to the other.....

No, you're pretending that your beliefs are facts.
????.....I believe they are facts.......that should be axiomatic.....are you prepared to admit that the evolution of humans from a single celled organism is simply something you believe to be a fact?........or do you pretend, as some do here, that science has proved it..........

I don't believe in scientific theories. Nor should anyone. Belief is irrelevant. Theories are simply the current best explanation and descritpion of the currently availabe evidence and are subject to change or rejection at any moment with new information, contradicting evidence, orwhen a better theory is formed. Theories are not facts, nor are they proof as the empirical sciences don't deal with proofs. There is always room for doubt. So the theories of evolution are neither fact nor do I believe in them as both of those choices you providein your post are irrelevant and meaningless and science isn't in the business of proving anything.

If you understood science, you would understand that. I think, based on your posts, you're not that familiar with science. It's very fascinating stuff, in my opinion, and I would recommend you educate yourself about science more in case it might interest you. Then these little chats could move past simply informing you about science so that there could be a real discussion on its implications.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory

except those things don't actually prove it......fossils are evidence that those creatures used to exist......they don't prove that there is a trail of evolution leading from single celled organisms to humans.......as pointed out before, DNA is equally proof of an intelligent designer......biological studies of what, the universe that God created?.......you have what you believe is evidence......I consider the same things to be evidence of what I believe......neither of us have "proof" acceptable to the other.....

When combined with sedimentary evidence, there is little doubt that evolution is a FACT. There is no mixing of complex and non-complex creatures at lower sedimentary layers. They are all simple creatures at lower levels and as you move up, you can see more complex creatures evolve. DNA provides the building blocks of life. As much as you want to claim you have nothing in common with lower life forms, DNA proves you wrong
If you want to give God credit for all that, go ahead. But if you want to claim that God created all life at once, you are wrong

It is a theory that all life is related to a single organism that existed billions of years ago and that is supported by evidence.
only in your dreams.....

I don't dream about scientific theories. I don't have an agenda about the validity of scientific theories. I do have an agenda when science or its theories are mischaracterized, such as you are doing. Whether you accept the theories and evidence is up to you. I detect a bias that you resist any theories or evidence that go against your religious beliefs. Perhaps you should explore that more if you really seek truth.

Well think about it. Talking snakes? 350 year old men? Living in a whales belly for 3 days and living to tell about it? Virgin births?
life crawling out of mud puddles struck by lightening.......single celled organisms turning into multicelled organisms........humans and eels having common ancestors......random shit happening randomly........

You are once again attempting to mischaracterize science. There is evidence to support scientific theories. A lot of evidence. There is no evidence supporting and much evidence detracting from the credibility of any thing which proposes that snakes have ever talked, that people lived hundreds of years, that a person would survive being eaten by a whale, or that conception happens without sexual intercourse. There is no evidence of miracles. Why then believe in them? Because you want to?

wackos2.jpg

I've beaten atheists many times in my life. It's not as hard as you would think.

I don't believe in your god, or any other.

I what is arrogant about that?

I also don't collect stamps.

Do you also find my non-stamp collecting arrogant- or hypocritical?

I don't know why there is a small segment of Christians who are so offended that I don't join their mindthink.

You are perfectly free to do so.

I'm merely commenting on the double standard atheists set for proof of God, vs. origins of life or life on other planets.

There are dumb atheists as well as dumb Christians, you seem to be the latter talking to too many of the former.

Why the constant attacks on atheism by "christians"?

I just turned on the TV and before I changed the channel, there was some fundie yammering on about how I'll suffer eternity eternal fire and damnation if I don't believe what he does. Its not just one TV program - there are entire networks devoted to attacking those who don't believe in a magic sky fairy.

The brainwashing and propaganda is unrelenting. Everywhere we turn, there's more yelling and screeching that 'your way is the only way'.

Then there's the daily begging for proof that your god exists. Face it folks, there is no proof - either way.

As far as I know, only christians get this special and tax-free treatment.

You're free to believe whatever you want, whatever makes it possible for you to crawl out from under your bed every morning. You're welcome to it. If you want to believe some magical and invisible being created the planet, knock yourselves out. If you want to believe that humans co-existed with dinosaurs, yeah, its dumb but you're welcome to that too. Earth 4 thousand years old? Go ahead and preach that in your tax-free churches.

But quit attacking others for believing in facts and science. And keep your wackiness out of our schools and government buildings.

Is that really so much to ask?

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory

An interesting area of evolutionary research involves mitochondria. You probably know they are ubiquitous and of prime importance in the energy transport system of cells. How would the idea that their presence in cells came about long after the origin of life fit in with the notion of a Creator whose work was a unique and one-time event? Did the idea come to Him after the events of Genesis and seemed such a great improvement He decided to do an upgrade?

Read the whole article here.

"Parasitic bacteria were the first cousins of the mitochondria that power cells in animals and plants -- and first acted as energy parasites in those cells before becoming beneficial, according to a new University of Virginia study that used next-generation DNA sequencing technologies to decode the genomes of 18 bacteria that are close relatives of mitochondria.
The origin of mitochondria began about 2 billion years ago and is one of the seminal events in the evolutionary history of life. However, little is known about the circumstances surrounding its origin, and that question is considered an enigma in modern biology.
"We believe this study has the potential to change the way we think about the event that led to mitochondria," said U.Va. biologist Martin Wu, the study's lead author. "We are saying that the current theories -- all claiming that the relationship between the bacteria and the host cell at the very beginning of the symbiosis was mutually beneficial -- are likely wrong.
"Instead, we believe the relationship likely was antagonistic -- that the bacteria were parasitic and only later became beneficial to the host cell by switching the direction of the ATP transport."

Sorry, but there is no evidence to support your beliefs that your polytheistic gawds created anything a mere 6,000 years ago.
you see Hollie, this is why no one pays any attention to your posts.....we both know I don't believe God created the universe 6k years ago......the fact you have nothing else to say simply proves the inadequacy of your arguments.......
We both know your views are in line with the worst-of-the-bunch fundamentalists who do hold the 6,000 year old earth fantasy.
we both know you post that false claim repeatedly because it makes you nervous when you have nothing else to say.......
I'm not nervous about "saying" the biblical tales and fables of an alleged global flood and Noah's cruise in the Ark have a timeframe that coincides with a 6,000 year old earth.
I know....that's what I just said.....but you ARE nervous about having nothing to say EXCEPT criticism of young earthers.......

Young earthed? You mean science deniers who live in a fantasy world.

There should be nothing BUT criticism and pity for people who rhink the world is 6000 years old

I just turned on the TV and before I changed the channel, there was some fundie yammering on about how I'll suffer eternity eternal fire and damnation if I don't believe what he does. Its not just one TV program - there are entire networks devoted to attacking those who don't believe in a magic sky fairy.

The brainwashing and propaganda is unrelenting. Everywhere we turn, there's more yelling and screeching that 'your way is the only way'.

Then there's the daily begging for proof that your god exists. Face it folks, there is no proof - either way.

You're free to believe whatever you want, whatever makes it possible for you to crawl out from under your bed every morning. You're welcome to it. If you want to believe some magical and invisible being created the planet, knock yourselves out. If you want to believe that humans co-existed with dinosaurs, yeah, its dumb but you're welcome to that too. Earth 4 thousand years old? Go ahead and preach that in your tax-free churches.

But quit attacking others for believing in facts and science. And keep your wackiness out of our schools and government buildings.

Two points: First, Christians are not the only ones who get the "special and tax-free treatment". Any 501c does. Second, yes - it is too much to ask.

Two points: First, Christians are not the only ones who get the "special and tax-free treatment". Any 501c does. Second, yes - it is too much to ask.

1st amendment says otherwise... and they should only be tax free on religious matters... not on property owned that is not put to religious use.

Forum List

Back