The Obama College Myth Debunked By...

That is a really good question.

Why is Obama different? Presidents have historically not released their college transcripts. Why now, with Obama, should that policy change.

because the nature of his college education brings up legitimate questions. That was not the case with previous presidents or candidates.

I disagree. I don't think whether he benefited from affirmative action is a "legitimate question".

committing fraud is not affirmative action, it is a crime. We have the right to know how he paid for those expensive colleges.

That is a really good question.

Why is Obama different? Presidents have historically not released their college transcripts. Why now, with Obama, should that policy change.

because the nature of his college education brings up legitimate questions. That was not the case with previous presidents or candidates.

I disagree. I don't think whether he benefited from affirmative action is a "legitimate question".

It is also not the only question.

committing fraud is not affirmative action, it is a crime. We have the right to know how he paid for those expensive colleges.
And I think the entire "fraud" claim is bogus and silly.

Why? No one knows how he paid for those colleges. How do you think he paid the tuition at Columbia and Harvard?

Exactly. It must have been fraud because clearly no poor person has ever legitimately gotten a law degree from Harvard, right?

Why? No one knows how he paid for those colleges. How do you think he paid the tuition at Columbia and Harvard?

Where is your deep seated concern for how Bill and Hillary Clinton paid for their respective educations?

No, you don't know. Lots of people, including the colleges know. And there is zero evidence, except an abject dislike of Obama that would suggest he defrauded the government to pay for college, instead of paying for it the same way as every other American does.

Where is your deep seated concern for how Bill and Hillary Clinton paid for their respective educations?

I suspect that the Clintons would disclose it if asked. Why don't you care how obama paid those tuition bills?

Can you read? I did not bring up Obama's race in this thread. I was accused of being a racist because I support Obama.

And Herman Cain wasn't "attacked" and he wasn't scrutinized for being a black man. He was scrutinized for being a creepy womanizer.

you must have spent 08 in a coma....

Actually, I didn't. But thanks for being insulting rather than contributing to the discussion, Mr. Moderator.

:lol: my status here matters not a wit, I am also a poster like anyone else...

if you believe that Cain was denigrated for his womanizing you are engaged in willful ignorance or you didn't pay attention in 08 while he was a candidate BEFORE sherly blaylock or whatever her names was......there, is that better?

he had the shit beat out of him by everyone on the left from nitwit garafolo to brokaw for the usual; CWB- conservatism while black.....

I suspect that the Clintons would disclose it if asked. Why don't you care how obama paid those tuition bills?

I don't care because it's not my fucking business. there is absolutely no evidence of fraud other than the "say so" of a bunch of extremists with serious cases of Obama Derangement Syndrome. I'm sorry you have your panties in your crack about a poor person getting an education and doing something with his life, but that's not really my problem.

Now, boo hoo for you, but Obama IS the president of the United States and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

his records are sealed. don't you wonder why?

Those records are private. Mine are private, yours are private and so are the Presidents.

NO, when you run for president you give up that privacy. The voters have the right to know everything about every candidate----------you on the left demanded Bush's military and college records, and you got them. Why is obama different? why is he exempt from scrutiny? why is he never held responsible for anything?

When you run, a decision is made as to how much info to give out and if you will lose votes if you don't.

He is no longer running... he won.

What are the others?

From a historical perspective, because we are talking about the President, most all requests for disclosure are fair except the most personally intrusive ones.

My 'not too intrusive' list for elected Presidents:

Who paid for it.

What were his grades.

Full transcript. Heck, anyone who gets a job out of college has to supply that to prospective employers.

Any disciplinary activity.

School affiliated association memberships.

Freshman year shoe size.

You know, important stuff like that.

Last edited:

What are the others?

From a historical perspective, because we are talking about the President, most all requests for disclosure are fair except the most personally intrusive ones.

My 'not to intrusive' list for elected Presidents

Who paid for it.

What were his grades.

Full transcript. Heck, anyone who gets a job out of college has to supply that to prospective employers.

Freshman year shoe size.

While we don't have an exact breakdown of each grade per semester, we know he graduated with honors. We also know he paid for it via student loans(which you can see on his tax returns) and scholarships.

And you're right, you do sometimes have to supply your transcripts to your 1st employer, when you're right out of college. However, I don't know any jobs that ask you to supply them 20+ years later when you have actual employment experience in that field.

Look, Obama doesn't have to release his transcripts, especially now that he's in his last years in office. There isn't even a tradition of it to pressure him to do so.

I do think presidents should be open books however. So, I would support a law that states presidents are required to release 15 years of tax returns, and all college transcripts.

What are the others?

My 'not to intrusive' list for elected Presidents

Who paid for it.

What were his grades.

Freshman year shoe size.

While we don't have an exact breakdown of each grade per semester, we know he graduated with honors. We also know he paid for it via student loans(which you can see on his tax returns) and scholarships.

And you're right, you do sometimes have to supply your transcripts to your 1st employer, when you're right out of college. However, I don't know any jobs that ask you to supply them 20+ years later when you have actual employment experience in that field.

Still does not answer who paid for it, and the bar is higher for POTUS than it would be for the average citizen. In fact, as you are pointing out, nothing on that list is available.

And people wonder why conspiracy theories flourish...chuckle.

Forum List

Back