The pound is dropping, the pound has lost 6 cents in the last few hours

If you are retiring in 5 years, you should not have more than 30-40% in equities.

Retirement isn't always panned and not always a choice, 30-40% of savings is huge, something many can't recover from.

If the UK falls into a recession, that has a direct effect on the global economy, if say Northern iIreland and Scotland tell the UK to go F itself and decide to stay in the union and if France and Germany then also decide to leave, I could see the potential for a good sized global recession.A lot of uncertainty keeps money in peoples' pockets.

We'll see what happens,

30-40% is not a large allocation to equities- it is extremely conservative.

Bear markets are common and expected. A black swan event that creates a 50% drop in stock prices only draws a 35/65 portfolio down by 17.5% - if that is too "risky" then you should adjust your allocation to 20% or lower.

I'm saying to take a large hit on 30-40% is big. We'll see what happens in the coming days, weeks and months but I wouldn't just automatically assume the markets will balance themselves out in the short term.
The PM isn't actually stepping down till October. It will up to the new PM responsiblity to invoke article 50. At that time Britain will have 2 years to form agreements with member EU states and negotiate it's exit from the EU as well develop trade treaties to replace those lost by it's exit from the EU. That's going to be a tall order, one that many experts believe is not possible. Now with the possibility of the separation of Scotland and/or Ireland from Great Britain, the future is even more cloudy.

Here is just one of the many problems businesses face. Most of the worlds leading financial service companies have their European headquarters in London. A major advantage of London is being in one of the worlds major financial centers with a single market of over 500 million customers in the 26 country EU. Without membership in the EU, these companies will face dealing with yet undefined rules and regulations of 26 countries, which may mean an exit of a significant part of London's financial community. This would directly effect up to 250,000 workers and resulting in major financial losses for the area and this is just one of many business sectors. I believe it will be years before the business community has a clear picture of what Britain will look like after Brexit.
I wrote this as an OP but it fits as a comment as well.

There Will Be Two EU's
That is what you are going to see in the near future and there are two reasons and one possible result.

1, Economics, the current EU has some real fiscal problems. Some countries such as Norway have gone to the effort and extent to protect their economies while others like Greece have wasted their money. Thus the economics of a lone EU are being tore apart by wasteful spending liberals.

2, Religion, the importation of islamic savages is splitting the EU by faith no different then when Ireland was split by faith and just as deadly.

Possible result, civil war based on economics and religion with the British taking the NON islamic controlled path and England taking the PRO islamic path. with an islamic mayor in London leadership for both groups is in place. Just like both sides had leadership in place for our own civil war so its more than possible, it's likely the future.

And our future is their present as we have islamic leadership {Obama} trying to replace its self with an islamic operative {Clinton}. We KNOW islamic terrorists are being "pocketed" around our country and we HAVE seen islamic operatives kill in this country many times.

The globalists WANT globalized civil war and are putting the people in place for it.
Norway is not a member of the EU.

Like many people you neglect some huge financial advantages of EU membership which benefits both businesses and the public.

• The CBI which represents 190,000 businesses was surveyed concerning EU membership. 71% of CBI member businesses report that the UK’s membership in the EU has had an overall positive impact on their business. Only 13% said there had been a negative impact.
  • A CBI review suggests that the net benefit of EU membership to the UK could be in the region of 4-5% of GDP or £62bn - £78bn a year – roughly the economies of the North East and Northern Ireland taken together.
  • The EU provides a 16.4 trillion dollar single market of 500 million customers to every business in a EU country. The EU has eliminated tariff barriers and customs procedures within its borders. Product sales across EU countries has soared do to the ease of marketing in the EU. Without the EU, a producer would have to deal with a host of different laws and regulation in each country. This has been very positive for small business.
  • The EU is a springboard for trade with the rest of the world through its global clout. it accounted for 23% of the global economy in 2012 in dollar terms. Through 30 trade deals negotiated by the EU, including the Single Market itself. Firms have full access to a $24 trillion market. A non-member would have to negotiate it's trade treaties with 52 countries.
  • The free movement of labor helps business plug skills gaps and provides increased job opportunities. Work permits and employee restrictions between EU countries have in almost all countries and job categories disappeared.
  • For customers in countries that have adopted the Euro, purchasing across their boarders is as easy a customer in New York purchasing a product froma company In Los Angles.

American missy?

Which country am I from?
What gender am I?

I don't remember telling you, or anyone else on this forum, either of those.

Propaganda? You mean you don't agree with me? You could, you know, DEBATE, instead you choose a little attack.

Why won't you say if you're American or European or whatever?

Asking the above question isn't attacking you, Drummond has repeatedly asked you the same question and you reacted in the same way.

Answer the question, American or European, if not, then why should anyone pay ANY attention to the stuff that you post about?

WE are PROUD to say we're Europeans....so come on, what's your problem?

You're posting pro-EU stuff nearly 10 hours a day EVERY day, so there's an Agenda there.

Why? Because there are too many people on forums like this who take any piece of personal information and then attack you with it. I don't feed them fuel for their attacks.

Why should anyone pay any attention to anything anyone says? Because they choose to. So, if you choose not to talk to me because I won't give you information you DEMAND from me, then so be it. Anyone who makes such a choice is never going to be a big loss. Those who value what someone says more than who says it, are the people I prefer to talk to.
Let's try which continent you come from, or Is that too personal too? Lol.
Stop being silly. Saying which country you live in isnt personal and the fact you refuse to say is very strange indeed. What are you so afraid of? You're too cowardly to withstand the odd poster who might rib you for being from x y z country? Man up ffs!

First I get told I'm a female, then I get told to man up.

All the while I'm subject to typical bully tactics.

I'll tell you, people who follow their own mind are a lot stronger than the weak person you want me to be.
And now you are sounding like a professional victim. 'Man up' is just a phrase one uses to wusses of either sex. Why are you so afraid of a potential ribbing about which country you live in? Why don't you feel capable of withstanding that? Why are you even posting on a message board if someone deriding your country is so threatening to you that you cower in fear over disclosing such basic info, Fragilewierdo?

Quite simply put, if I wanted to go on a website and talk about nonsense all day, and just bully people and all of that, I'd go find a website that is for that.

Actually what I come on here for is to debate politics.

So that's what I do. You want to try talking bullshit, go find other losers who are interested in that.

Also, people who put "funny" for every post they don't agree with...... well.... let's just say you should grow the fuck up.

Bye.

Retirement isn't always panned and not always a choice, 30-40% of savings is huge, something many can't recover from.

If the UK falls into a recession, that has a direct effect on the global economy, if say Northern iIreland and Scotland tell the UK to go F itself and decide to stay in the union and if France and Germany then also decide to leave, I could see the potential for a good sized global recession.A lot of uncertainty keeps money in peoples' pockets.

We'll see what happens,

Bear markets are common and expected. A black swan event that creates a 50% drop in stock prices only draws a 35/65 portfolio down by 17.5% - if that is too "risky" then you should adjust your allocation to 20% or lower.

I'm saying to take a large hit on 30-40% is big. We'll see what happens in the coming days, weeks and months but I wouldn't just automatically assume the markets will balance themselves out in the short term.
The PM isn't actually stepping down till October. It will up to the new PM responsiblity to invoke article 50. At that time Britain will have 2 years to form agreements with member EU states and negotiate it's exit from the EU as well develop trade treaties to replace those lost by it's exit from the EU. That's going to be a tall order, one that many experts believe is not possible. Now with the possibility of the separation of Scotland and/or Ireland from Great Britain, the future is even more cloudy.

Here is just one of the many problems businesses face. Most of the worlds leading financial service companies have their European headquarters in London. A major advantage of London is being in one of the worlds major financial centers with a single market of over 500 million customers in the 26 country EU. Without membership in the EU, these companies will face dealing with yet undefined rules and regulations of 26 countries, which may mean an exit of a significant part of London's financial community. This would directly effect up to 250,000 workers and resulting in major financial losses for the area and this is just one of many business sectors. I believe it will be years before the business community has a clear picture of what Britain will look like after Brexit.

There Will Be Two EU's
That is what you are going to see in the near future and there are two reasons and one possible result.

1, Economics, the current EU has some real fiscal problems. Some countries such as Norway have gone to the effort and extent to protect their economies while others like Greece have wasted their money. Thus the economics of a lone EU are being tore apart by wasteful spending liberals.

2, Religion, the importation of islamic savages is splitting the EU by faith no different then when Ireland was split by faith and just as deadly.

Possible result, civil war based on economics and religion with the British taking the NON islamic controlled path and England taking the PRO islamic path. with an islamic mayor in London leadership for both groups is in place. Just like both sides had leadership in place for our own civil war so its more than possible, it's likely the future.

And our future is their present as we have islamic leadership {Obama} trying to replace its self with an islamic operative {Clinton}. We KNOW islamic terrorists are being "pocketed" around our country and we HAVE seen islamic operatives kill in this country many times.

The globalists WANT globalized civil war and are putting the people in place for it.

Like many people you neglect some huge financial advantages of EU membership which benefits both businesses and the public.

• The CBI which represents 190,000 businesses was surveyed concerning EU membership. 71% of CBI member businesses report that the UK’s membership in the EU has had an overall positive impact on their business. Only 13% said there had been a negative impact.
  • A CBI review suggests that the net benefit of EU membership to the UK could be in the region of 4-5% of GDP or £62bn - £78bn a year – roughly the economies of the North East and Northern Ireland taken together.
  • The EU provides a 16.4 trillion dollar single market of 500 million customers to every business in a EU country. The EU has eliminated tariff barriers and customs procedures within its borders. Product sales across EU countries has soared do to the ease of marketing in the EU. Without the EU, a producer would have to deal with a host of different laws and regulation in each country. This has been very positive for small business.
  • The EU is a springboard for trade with the rest of the world through its global clout. it accounted for 23% of the global economy in 2012 in dollar terms. Through 30 trade deals negotiated by the EU, including the Single Market itself. Firms have full access to a $24 trillion market. A non-member would have to negotiate it's trade treaties with 52 countries.
  • The free movement of labor helps business plug skills gaps and provides increased job opportunities. Work permits and employee restrictions between EU countries have in almost all countries and job categories disappeared.
  • For customers in countries that have adopted the Euro, purchasing across their boarders is as easy a customer in New York purchasing a product froma company In Los Angles.

It appears the majority of Brits don't care what it costs to slow down the influx of Muslims. That is their right. They knew the consequences. They clearly were warned that exiting the E U would drastically affect their pocket books.

Why all the hand wringing? They want control of their borders and fewer duesh bag Muslims in their country. I can't disagree with their motives.

Why won't you say if you're American or European or whatever?

Asking the above question isn't attacking you, Drummond has repeatedly asked you the same question and you reacted in the same way.

Answer the question, American or European, if not, then why should anyone pay ANY attention to the stuff that you post about?

WE are PROUD to say we're Europeans....so come on, what's your problem?

You're posting pro-EU stuff nearly 10 hours a day EVERY day, so there's an Agenda there.

Why? Because there are too many people on forums like this who take any piece of personal information and then attack you with it. I don't feed them fuel for their attacks.

Why should anyone pay any attention to anything anyone says? Because they choose to. So, if you choose not to talk to me because I won't give you information you DEMAND from me, then so be it. Anyone who makes such a choice is never going to be a big loss. Those who value what someone says more than who says it, are the people I prefer to talk to.
Stop being silly. Saying which country you live in isnt personal and the fact you refuse to say is very strange indeed. What are you so afraid of? You're too cowardly to withstand the odd poster who might rib you for being from x y z country? Man up ffs!

I'll tell you, people who follow their own mind are a lot stronger than the weak person you want me to be.
And now you are sounding like a professional victim. 'Man up' is just a phrase one uses to wusses of either sex. Why are you so afraid of a potential ribbing about which country you live in? Why don't you feel capable of withstanding that? Why are you even posting on a message board if someone deriding your country is so threatening to you that you cower in fear over disclosing such basic info, Fragilewierdo?

Quite simply put, if I wanted to go on a website and talk about nonsense all day, and just bully people and all of that, I'd go find a website that is for that.

So that's what I do. You want to try talking bullshit, go find other losers who are interested in that.

Also, people who put "funny" for every post they don't agree with...... well.... let's just say you should grow the fuck up.

Bye.

What you appear to do, may be one thing. The totality of what you're actually doing may be far 'greater'. That's the point.

If you argued the pro-EU case (such as it was) because you perceived great harm to the UK, yet wanted to argue the opposite ... then you did more than you profess. You followed an agenda. I've tried to ask about that agenda, and whether your nationality would have relevance to your efforts. You have been extremely guarded (an understatement) about releasing information of that kind.

We have to wonder why, and in the absence of clarification, draw conclusions. You could clear this up. Strangely (and unconvincingly so) .. you've argued to not do so. This may be your choice, and your right to make such a choice. But the question remains: WHY ?

Bye.

What you appear to do, may be one thing. The totality of what you're actually doing may be far 'greater'. That's the point.

If you argued the pro-EU case (such as it was) because you perceived great harm to the UK, yet wanted to argue the opposite ... then you did more than you profess. You followed an agenda. I've tried to ask about that agenda, and whether your nationality would have relevance to your efforts. You have been extremely guarded (an understatement) about releasing information of that kind.

We have to wonder why, and in the absence of clarification, draw conclusions. You could clear this up. Strangely (and unconvincingly so) .. you've argued to not do so. This may be your choice, and your right to make such a choice. But the question remains: WHY ?

It might be. It might not be.

Then again I'm on a political forum speaking to a few people. Chances of me being an agent provocateur aren't very high, are they?

Fine, I followed an agenda. You don't need to know why. Maybe it was just that I'm interested in politics and look at things. Maybe I'm Boris Johnson, you'll never know. This thread isn't about me, it's about the TOPIC.

You can wonder why, people pay good money for wondering why in cinemas, and I'm giving it to you free, aren't you lucky.

I did clear this up. I don't give personal information on the internet because I have come across too many idiots who like to attack me with any and all information. I don't come on here to be attacked, i come on here to debate. But then I've told you this how many times? Do I need to keep repeating myself?

There Will Be Two EU's

It appears the majority of Brits don't care what it costs to slow down the influx of Muslims. That is their right. They knew the consequences. They clearly were warned that exiting the E U would drastically affect their pocket books.

Why all the hand wringing? They want control of their borders and fewer duesh bag Muslims in their country. I can't disagree with their motives.

Funny how the Muslims are the ones who the UK GOVERNMENT let in and didn't have much, actually anything, to do with the EU.

The UK didn't have to let in a single Syrian refugee. They chose to.

£ now down more than 4 cents.
cool, maybe i am taking my family to london, if the pound continues to drop. awesome.

If you want cheap, can I suggest a housing estate in Burnley, that'll be super cheap.
you can. but it is highly unlikely that i will take my family there. london, or maybe next april sheffield. crucible. but without family.

Haha, you should try it, the drugs might do the world of good for your kids' creativity.

There Will Be Two EU's

Much of the vote to exit was a protest vote. Most people didn't expect it to pass, so most voters didn't bother to investigate. They just wanted less Muslims in their country. If they had looked into it, they would have found that it is very unlikely that exiting the EU will have any major effect of immigration. The reason why is that for Briton to maintain it's GDP growth, it must have a very liberal policy toward movement of labor. Most likely, the government will negotiate an association agreement with the EU for some kind of free movement of labor between Briton and the EU. Norway and Switzerland, for example, have both implemented free movement as part of their economic cooperation agreements with the EU. If this happened in the UK, the impacts of Brexit on UK immigration will be limited. In 5 yrs, most people that voted for the exit will be scratching their head wondering just exactly what did Brexit accomplish.

Upward of 30k high-paying banking jobs will leave London for Frankfurt and Paris. Jobs in tech, pharma and law will relocate from London to Dublin.

We'll hear that quite often.

The figures agree perfectly with the globalist memo setting the agenda of fear.

It's nice to see them being used so accurately!

For the next few months or longer "Brexit " will be blamed for any bad news.

Another Islamic Terror attack? Brexit!
Stock markets crash? Brexit!
Stock markets rise? Brexit!
Gold goes up? Brexit!
Gold goes down? Brexit!
Oil Goes up? Brexit!
Oil goes down? Brexit!
Indigestion? Brexit!
Irritable bowels? Brexit!
Fecal incontinence? Brexit!!

BREXIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all so predictable.......:rofl:

Upward of 30k high-paying banking jobs will leave London for Frankfurt and Paris. Jobs in tech, pharma and law will relocate from London to Dublin.

We'll hear that quite often.

The figures agree perfectly with the globalist memo setting the agenda of fear.

It's nice to see them being used so accurately!

No. You'll hear that quite often because it's what banks estimate they'll have to do to comply with EU regulations.

Any reference to a "globalist agenda" demonstrates a lack of intelligence and proclivity towards bizarre conspiracy theories.

Why do "conservatives" say they are for personal responsibility, then when what they support causes damage they shirk their own responsibility?

With the UK exit from the EU, there's good reason for many Financial Services European headquarters to moving to an EU country. Locating your European headquarters in London makes about as much sense as locating your US headquarters in the Cayman Islands.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back