The Reason for Poverty Among Blacks is Not Racism

Yeah but back in 1300 AD......

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA
I'm enjoying it. I hope you are too :)

June 22, 1870

The Republican-controlled Congress creates the U.S. Department of Justice to safeguard the civil rights of African-Americans against Democrats in the South.

September 6, 1870

Women vote in Wyoming during the first election after women’s suffrage legislation was signed into law by Republican Gov. John Campbell.

February 28, 1871

Republican Congress passes Enforcement Act providing federal protection for African-American voters.

I'm enjoying it. I hope you are too :)

June 22, 1870

The Republican-controlled Congress creates the U.S. Department of Justice to safeguard the civil rights of African-Americans against Democrats in the South.

September 6, 1870

Women vote in Wyoming during the first election after women’s suffrage legislation was signed into law by Republican Gov. John Campbell.

February 28, 1871

Republican Congress passes Enforcement Act providing federal protection for African-American voters.
Ok

We aren't done yet though....

April 20, 1871

The Republican-controlled Congress enacts the Ku Klux Klan Act, outlawing Democratic Party-affiliated terrorist groups which oppressed African-Americans.

October 10, 1871

Following warnings by Philadelphia Democrats against blacks voting, African-American Republican civil rights activist Octavius Catto was murdered by a Democratic Party operative, and his military funeral was attended by thousands.

October 18, 1871

After violence was committed against Republicans in South Carolina, Republican President Ulysses S. Grant deploys U.S. troops to combat Democrat terrorists who formed the Ku Klux Klan.

We aren't done yet though....

April 20, 1871

The Republican-controlled Congress enacts the Ku Klux Klan Act, outlawing Democratic Party-affiliated terrorist groups which oppressed African-Americans.

October 10, 1871

Following warnings by Philadelphia Democrats against blacks voting, African-American Republican civil rights activist Octavius Catto was murdered by a Democratic Party operative, and his military funeral was attended by thousands.

October 18, 1871

After violence was committed against Republicans in South Carolina, Republican President Ulysses S. Grant deploys U.S. troops to combat Democrat terrorists who formed the Ku Klux Klan.
Keep it coming

We can bring all the evidence we want to support our point, all the statistics, and it doesn't matter. They will call our evidence bogus, state that the statistics are wrong, so nothing will ever change until the black community comes to the understanding that they (at least mostly) are responsible for their own problems.
I've never seen a bigger pile of crap in my life. You don't HAVE any evidence.

White racism is the root cause of many of the ills of the black race yet IN SPITE of living in a country that was founded by white supremacists and living under the yoke of white supremacist law, the remnants of America's own version of apartheid that still remain TODAY, we endure.

It has not escaped my attention that you all want to focus on the most disadvantaged members of the black race when you have so many more of them of your own. But you never want to talk about successful black people or any of the things any of them have accomplished. Why is that? Does the fact that we exist make you so damn uncomfortable that the only way you can combat your feelings of unease is to constantly unleash a barrage of insanity in the form of racist falsehoods you continuously peddle?

Keep it coming
Ok...

November 18, 1872

Susan B. Anthony arrested for voting, after boasting to Elizabeth Cady Stanton that she voted for “the Republican ticket, straight”.

January 17, 1874

Armed Democrats seize the Texas state government, ending Republican efforts to racially integrate the Texas government.

September 14, 1874

Democrat white supremacists seize Louisiana statehouse in attempt to overthrow the racially-integrated administration of Republican Governor William Kellogg. 27 people were killed.

Ok...

November 18, 1872

Susan B. Anthony arrested for voting, after boasting to Elizabeth Cady Stanton that she voted for “the Republican ticket, straight”.

January 17, 1874

Armed Democrats seize the Texas state government, ending Republican efforts to racially integrate the Texas government.

September 14, 1874

Democrat white supremacists seize Louisiana statehouse in attempt to overthrow the racially-integrated administration of Republican Governor William Kellogg. 27 people were killed.
More!!!!!!!!

More!!!!!!!!
Ok....

March 1, 1875

The Civil Rights Act of 1875, guaranteeing access to public accommodations without regard to race, was signed by Republican President Ulysses S. Grant. The law passed with 92% Republican support over 100% Democrat opposition.

Ok....

March 1, 1875

The Civil Rights Act of 1875, guaranteeing access to public accommodations without regard to race, was signed by Republican President Ulysses S. Grant. The law passed with 92% Republican support over 100% Democrat opposition.
Blacks vote 90% Democrat TODAY

Zoning laws are created to keep low income people out of an area regardless of race. Red lining was used to insure the security of the loan. Banks don't want to lend money in an area that has sinking property value. Bank standards are written for all applicants. It doesn't matter what race you are, you need X amount of good credit, X amount of money in a banking account, X job that provides you with X income. Racial discrimination in banking (or just about anything in this country) is against the law, and participants in it can get sued out of business.

If a black applicant doesn't meet loan or underwriters standards, they won't get a loan. If a white person doesn't meet banking or underwriters standards, they don't get the loan either. The problem is not loaning discrimination, the problem is many blacks don't meet the loan standards they use for all people.
You've very naive. You remember the Wells Fargo scandal from about 10 years ago. I think the only person who got any money of it was one of the employee who was committing the wrongdoing. He got more than a million but the customers got screwed.

I'm a database back-end developer so I see a lot of data - I've worked for several mortgage companies and the whole subprime market was created to make more money off of poorer people. Black people have traditionally been assumed to be poor risks so the financial institutions charge black people more, however when you're poor everything costs you more. It really seems backwards, just like when in the more affluent areas the price of gas is a lot lower than in the poorer neighborhoods.

Look it up, this is United States history.

Blacks vote 90% Democrat TODAY
Yeah... because back in the day if they didn't they would be lynched.

"Black men participated in Georgia politics for the first time during Congressional Reconstruction (1867-76). Between 1867 and 1872 sixty-nine African Americans served as delegates to the constitutional convention (1867-68) or as members of the state legislature.

Democrats used terror, intimidation, and the Ku Klux Klan to "redeem" the state. One quarter of the black legislators were killed, threatened, beaten, or jailed. In the December 1870 elections the Democrats won an overwhelming victory. In 1906 W. H. Rogers from McIntosh County was the last black legislator to be elected before blacks were legally disenfranchised in 1908."

Yeah... because back in the day if they didn't they would be lynched.

"Black men participated in Georgia politics for the first time during Congressional Reconstruction (1867-76). Between 1867 and 1872 sixty-nine African Americans served as delegates to the constitutional convention (1867-68) or as members of the state legislature.

Democrats used terror, intimidation, and the Ku Klux Klan to "redeem" the state. One quarter of the black legislators were killed, threatened, beaten, or jailed. In the December 1870 elections the Democrats won an overwhelming victory. In 1906 W. H. Rogers from McIntosh County was the last black legislator to be elected before blacks were legally disenfranchised in 1908."
But they arent lynched today....right?

I've never seen a bigger pile of crap in my life. You don't HAVE any evidence.

White racism is the root cause of many of the ills of the black race yet IN SPITE of living in a country that was founded by white supremacists and living under the yoke of white supremacist law, the remnants of America's own version of apartheid that still remain TODAY, we endure.

It has not escaped my attention that you all want to focus on the most disadvantaged members of the black race when you have so many more of them of your own. But you never want to talk about successful black people or any of the things any of them have accomplished. Why is that? Does the fact that we exist make you so damn uncomfortable that the only way you can combat your feelings of unease is to constantly unleash a barrage of insanity in the form of racist falsehoods you continuously peddle?
You’re a big part of the problem.

The fact that you want to keep blaming long-ago outlawed racism* for the fact that a subgroup of blacks keep having OOW babies and dropping out of school - thus almost guaranteeing themselves a lifetime of financial struggle - is keeping them poor.

* I mean, really? As part of your argument upthread, you posted an ad from the early 19th century about slavery?

Ray From Cleveland
Banks don't want to lend money in an area that has sinking property value.

Yes they do if they want to gentrify it and move white people in there. All of sudden the banks money flows real quick.

Detroit is being bought out (Flipping houses) and New Orleans will probably no longer have black residents all together.

It’s happening all over the states and blk ppl keep getting pushed back further AND further away from our homes.

It’s happening in New York, New Jersey and now Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, but I predicted this would happen. As soon as the area (Thanks to shotty politicians/police) is out of funding/resources….it is now the “Ghetto”.

And instead of trying to help stimulate the economics, they would rather it become a wasteland, so bad that most of the black residents are either dead in ground, locked up or bounced completely.

I don’t have a problem with whites moving into a predominant blk area, it’s just the fact that once they move in, they try to kick everyone else out and somehow the area is no longer “mixed” by tactics. Money being one of them.

Ray From Cleveland
Bank standards are written for all applicants. It doesn't matter what race you are, you need X amount of good credit, X amount of money in a banking account, X job that provides you with X income. Racial discrimination in banking (or just about anything in this country) is against the law, and participants in it can get sued out of business.

So how do you explain Wells Fargo have been falsifying blk people's credit histories for years to make black applicants look like risks and they have deliberately trying to ropes black borrowers (to whom they referred as “mud people”) into high-cost loans.

You have to love the NYT. All their controversial stories are from "anonymous" sources. No names, no evidence, just based on what they said.

But I will point out a few things in this likely bogus article:

First off it compares equal income between blacks and whites and how blacks usually got the subprime loans. Anybody that knows anything about lending practices understands it's much more than income where the decision is made. It's also things like how long you worked at your job, past bankruptcies, past home ownership, credit history and so on. In fact credit history is looked on more importantly than income.

When I bought my place I had A-1 credit. I had a job and thriving career ahead of me. The banks didn't want to give this white boy a loan. Why? Because it's rental property, and rental property is frowned upon by banks. Landlords were renown for buying rental properties and letting them go to hell as long as they can keep an income going. In order to get the loans, I had to come up with 30% down, had my father cosign the loan, and the only thing I could get was an ARM. Of course after a year they allowed me to remortgage so I had a fixed rate, but what your article describes happens to white people with risk issues as well.

If there was anything illegal about their loan practices, why didn't anybody file a suit against the company? Seems to me from your article it was an open and shut case. I'll tell you why, because they were doing nothing illegal or racially discriminatory.

All banks use a point system. You get X amount of points for credit history, X amount of points for income, X amount of points for timely payments and so on. You and I apply for a credit card. The first thing they do is run your credit score. You make $5,000 a year more than I do, yet all they will offer you is a card with 9% APR, and me 0% APR. Is it because you are black and I'm white? No, it's because my credit score is 750 and yours is 575. Try it yourself. There are companies that will run your credit score for free; I forget the name of them now. Or your bank will do that as well at no charge

How many times have I had to explain the same thing? I’ve used that name as a parallel to the leftists who use a WHITE woman’s name to describe bad attitudes and behavior. The name was suggested to me by another poster (who has come on the thread to explain why) because I never would have thought of it myself.

And no, I am not a racist, but that’s what you leftists call people to slam shut a debate you can’t win. I am no more a racist than Harris is a whore (actually, she’s closer to a whore than I am a racist), and if you object to the idiotic Affirmative Action VP being called a whore, you need to stop calling me a racist.

To bring this back to the topic of discussion - since the leftists try to derail it with racist!, racist! - is:

THE REASON A SUBGROUP OF BLACKS REMAIN IN POVERTY IS NOT DUE TO RACISM, BUT TO TWO BEHAVIORS: 1) Babies out of wedlock, and 2) dropping out of school. They could solve 95% of their problems in that sub-community be reversing those two things.
Now it's
There is discrimination nowadays----called affirmative actions and hiring quotas for blacks. Whites and asians are the ones discriminated against---
You're not being discriminated against, you're just not being favored as much as you have been in the past. And hiring quotas are not legal except as sanctions (part of a settlement agreement) for having been found to have violated the Civil Rights Act. They're instituted in order to bring the workforce into alignment with the community when the company has refused to hire eligible minority or female applicants.

You've very naive. You remember the Wells Fargo scandal from about 10 years ago. I think the only person who got any money of it was one of the employee who was committing the wrongdoing. He got more than a million but the customers got screwed.

I'm a database back-end developer so I see a lot of data - I've worked for several mortgage companies and the whole subprime market was created to make more money off of poorer people. Black people have traditionally been assumed to be poor risks so the financial institutions charge black people more, however when you're poor everything costs you more. It really seems backwards, just like when in the more affluent areas the price of gas is a lot lower than in the poorer neighborhoods.

Look it up, this is United States history.
The whole subprime mortgage industry was created by Democrats who, in the search for “equity,” demanded that banks lend money to blacks who wouldn’t qualify under the normal requirements so they could own houses at a rate equivalent to white people.

This is what happens when you demand ”equal outcomes” without qualifications.

Who is the one with that creates these all white labour unions ?
Who is the one with pouring drugs into black communties ?
Who is the one funnellin black people into the prison system ?
Who is the one cancelling blk ppl from getting the loans ?
Who is the one with sabotaging black businesses ?
Who is the one running freeways down in black communities like they did in Florida - Miami when they had prosperous black areas ?
Who is the one pouring guns into the black communities ?
Who is the one gentrifiying black areas ?
Who is the one writing books and trying to prove how stupid black ppl are ?
Who is the one allowing the proud boys and Aryan nation types in the police ?
Who is the one with trying to economical cripple black countries that have done nothing to you ?

Who are these phantoms that run amok and then run around like "Hey stop blaming whitey. I dunno what to do"

giphy.gif

Dodge of my question noted.

Now it's

You're not being discriminated against, you're just not being favored as much as you have been in the past. And hiring quotas are not legal except as sanctions (part of a settlement agreement) for having been found to have violated the Civil Rights Act. They're instituted in order to bring the workforce into alignment with the community when the company has refused to hire eligible minority or female applicants.
Sorry, but when the U.S. President announces that whites will not even be considered for the SCOTUS spot, yes…..whites are being discriminated against.

Forum List

Back