🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Sickness Racism Breeds

Hilarious how you can't see that being a "protected" class disqualifies you from being able to talk about racism being detrimental to your life. Being protected means you are preferred by the government.

Being of the unprotected class white people are just supposed to take all of the racism we receive from assholes like Asclepias and when the demographics no longer provide us some cover we simply become oppressed in ways you couldn't even fathom as a protected class.
Your response makes it painfully obvious that "protected class status" doesn't mean what you apparently think it does, it certainly doesn't mean "preferred by the government".

Before discrimination was made unlawful via Executive Order 11246 there was no private cause of action for racial discrimination meaning there was no law which if violated would allow the offender to be sued for the harm his/her behavior caused. And even though the verbage of the various civil rights laws use language such as "protection", these laws do nothing to prevent people from violating them or to "protect" the victims, meaning that unlawful discrimination continues to this day in violation of the various statutes. The only "protection" the laws provide is legal recourse which members of the designated protected classes previously did not have.

You might be interested to know that white women have been the largest beneficiaries of our civil rights laws since they are protected class members as well

[snipped]
But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America.

But white women have made a practice of publicly objecting to affirmative action policies. As researcher Jessie McDaniel notes, since the landmark 1978 Supreme Court case Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, in which the court ruled that race may be factored into university admissions, “the people suing universities for discrimination in the academic admissions process have been white women: Abigail Fisher; Barbara Grutter (Grutter v. Bollinger); Jennifer Gratz (Gratz v. Bollinger) and Cheryl Hopwood (Hopwood v. Texas).” Those landmark cases challenged university affirmative action programs in Michigan and Texas, respectively.

And those women are far from alone in believing that a system that’s designed to help them and has helped lots of women like them has actually robbed them of something that’s rightfully theirs — and should be dismantled as a consequence. In fact, they’re more likely than white men in their age group to object.
Affirmative Action Is Great For White Women. So Why Do They Hate It? | HuffPost
Deflecting back to white women doesn't change what I said. Their brothers, fathers, male cousins, sons, husbands etc not being protected more than makes up for any perceived advantages that white women get; and as the number of females who aren't white continues to grow white women are increasingly being lumped in with white males instead of the "woman" feminist moniker that they once owned.
White people are discriminated against for their race more and more every single year, and increasingly white victims of racism have to rely completely on openly far left civil rights organizations who have publicly declared that you can't be racist towards white people, that is worse than Jim Crow's justice system.

Not one white person invented anything without stealing it from a Black person or using the foundational knowledge taught to europeans by Black people.

Most every inventor uses some sort of "foundational knowledge" learned from someone else. That in no way minimizes the genius of the inventor. It would have been impossible for the hunter/gatherer of thousands of years ago to invent the microprocessor using the resources available in the wilderness. Most all inventions come about because the inventors are able to stand on the shoulders of the giants that came before them.
That's very true and most ethical individuals acknowledge the work of the contributors to their success.

Slaves’ inventions exploited by owners
During the 17th and 18th centuries, America was experiencing rapid economic growth. Black inventors were major contributors during this era – even though most did not obtain any of the benefits associated with their inventions since they could not receive patent protection.

Slave owners often took credit for their slaves’ inventions. In one well-documented case, a black inventor named Ned invented an effective, innovative cotton scraper. His slave master, Oscar Stewart, attempted to patent the invention. Because Stewart was not the actual inventor, and because the actual inventor was born into slavery, the application was rejected.

Stewart ultimately began selling the cotton scraper without the benefit of patent protection and made a significant amount of money doing so. In his advertisements, he openly touted that the product was “the invention of a Negro slave – thus giving the lie to the abolition cry that slavery dwarfs the mind of the Negro. When did a free Negro ever invent anything?”

Reaping benefits of own inventions
The answer to this question is that black people – both free and enslaved – invented many things during that time period.

One such innovator was Henry Boyd, who was born into slavery in Kentucky in 1802. After purchasing his own freedom in 1826, Boyd invented a corded bed created with wooden rails connected to the headboard and footboard.

The “Boyd Bedstead” was so popular that historian Carter G. Woodson profiled his success in the iconic book “The Mis-education of the Negro,” noting that Boyd’s business ultimately employed 25 white and black employees.

Though Boyd had recently purchased his freedom and should have been allowed a patent for his invention, the racist realities of the time apparently led him to believe that he wouldn’t be able to patent his invention. He ultimately decided to partner with a white craftsman, allowing his partner to apply for and receive a patent for the bed.

Some black inventors achieved financial success but no patent protection, direct or indirect. Benjamin Montgomery, who was born into slavery in 1819, invented a steamboat propeller designed for shallow waters in the 1850s. This invention was of particular value because, during that time, steamboats delivered food and other necessities through often-shallow waterways connecting settlements. If the boats got stuck, life-sustaining supplies would be delayed for days or weeks.

Montgomery tried to apply for a patent. The application was rejected due to his status as a slave. Montgomery’s owners tried to take credit for the propeller invention and patent it themselves, but the patent office also rejected their application because they were not the true inventors.

Even without patent protection, Montgomery amassed significant wealth and become one of the wealthiest planters in Mississippi after the Civil War ended. Eventually his son, Isaiah, was able to purchase more than 800 acres of land and found the town of Mound Bayou, Mississippi after his father’s death.
America's always had black inventors – even when the patent system explicitly excluded them
I believe that many black people did not receive credit due to them for their inventions. That was wrong. ASCLEPIAS wants to give the credit for every invention ever invented to blacks ( and no credit to whites) which is absurd.

We have seen that whites have denied black inventors their rightful place for over 200 years. Whites have been given full credit in history for their inventions and those of others. You seem to miss the real absurdity.
You and ASCLEPIAS will not be satisfied unless the tables are completely turned. You are not wanting an end to racism, you are wanting payback. You are FOS.
The tables will never be completely turned. No other race would do what whites have done. Not that whites dont deserve it but luckily for you we arent like that.

Thats correct. What whites have done is the equivalent of putting a racing stripe on a car and even then a Black person or another person of color helped them invent the racing stripe.

You white people hate when your lies are exposed dont you? :rolleyes:

I don't know. Expose a lie, then I will tell you if I hate that it was exposed or not.

I just did when you repeated the lie about Thomas Edison.

:auiqs.jpg:No. While Latimer deserves credit for improving the process of producing the carbon filament,which Edison hired him to do, that does not diminish Edison's contribution. Edison does not diminish Latimer's contribution. You want to give all credit for inventions to black people and none to white people. That is dishonest.

That being said, blacks such as Latimer have made significant contributions; however, to you its the person's skin color that makes the contribution important or not.

You missed the point. Edison didnt do shit but steal credit. He created a company specifically to steal other inventions. Thats why he hired the true brains like Latimer.

Not one white person invented anything without stealing it from a Black person or using the foundational knowledge taught to europeans by Black people.

Most every inventor uses some sort of "foundational knowledge" learned from someone else. That in no way minimizes the genius of the inventor. It would have been impossible for the hunter/gatherer of thousands of years ago to invent the microprocessor using the resources available in the wilderness. Most all inventions come about because the inventors are able to stand on the shoulders of the giants that came before them.
That's very true and most ethical individuals acknowledge the work of the contributors to their success.

During the 17th and 18th centuries, America was experiencing rapid economic growth. Black inventors were major contributors during this era – even though most did not obtain any of the benefits associated with their inventions since they could not receive patent protection.

Slave owners often took credit for their slaves’ inventions. In one well-documented case, a black inventor named Ned invented an effective, innovative cotton scraper. His slave master, Oscar Stewart, attempted to patent the invention. Because Stewart was not the actual inventor, and because the actual inventor was born into slavery, the application was rejected.

Stewart ultimately began selling the cotton scraper without the benefit of patent protection and made a significant amount of money doing so. In his advertisements, he openly touted that the product was “the invention of a Negro slave – thus giving the lie to the abolition cry that slavery dwarfs the mind of the Negro. When did a free Negro ever invent anything?”

The answer to this question is that black people – both free and enslaved – invented many things during that time period.

One such innovator was Henry Boyd, who was born into slavery in Kentucky in 1802. After purchasing his own freedom in 1826, Boyd invented a corded bed created with wooden rails connected to the headboard and footboard.

The “Boyd Bedstead” was so popular that historian Carter G. Woodson profiled his success in the iconic book “The Mis-education of the Negro,” noting that Boyd’s business ultimately employed 25 white and black employees.

Though Boyd had recently purchased his freedom and should have been allowed a patent for his invention, the racist realities of the time apparently led him to believe that he wouldn’t be able to patent his invention. He ultimately decided to partner with a white craftsman, allowing his partner to apply for and receive a patent for the bed.

Some black inventors achieved financial success but no patent protection, direct or indirect. Benjamin Montgomery, who was born into slavery in 1819, invented a steamboat propeller designed for shallow waters in the 1850s. This invention was of particular value because, during that time, steamboats delivered food and other necessities through often-shallow waterways connecting settlements. If the boats got stuck, life-sustaining supplies would be delayed for days or weeks.

Montgomery tried to apply for a patent. The application was rejected due to his status as a slave. Montgomery’s owners tried to take credit for the propeller invention and patent it themselves, but the patent office also rejected their application because they were not the true inventors.

Even without patent protection, Montgomery amassed significant wealth and become one of the wealthiest planters in Mississippi after the Civil War ended. Eventually his son, Isaiah, was able to purchase more than 800 acres of land and found the town of Mound Bayou, Mississippi after his father’s death.
America's always had black inventors – even when the patent system explicitly excluded them
I believe that many black people did not receive credit due to them for their inventions. That was wrong. ASCLEPIAS wants to give the credit for every invention ever invented to blacks ( and no credit to whites) which is absurd.
When you show me just one invention where whites didnt depend on Black people to do the actual work or the knowledge given to europeans by Black people then I will give them credit. So far the only thing I can point to is pig mud wrestling which is really only a sport hicks play.

One would never know by listening to you guys rant against white people the way you do.
This is why I have stated that you're wrong, which I rarely do. These aren't rants, they're factual dispersements of historical information and they are NOT against white people, they're against a very specific subset of white people, your "white racists". You claim that you have no issue admitting what THEY did (and continue to do) was wrong and immoral (therefore indicative of "weak" human beings) but we keep coming back to you being upset about comments made by Asclepias and at times IM2. Knowing what I do of both of them I sincerely doubt that they're referring to ALL white people as opposed to those who have engaged in acts of racism, however I can not speak for them, only for myself.

Therefore, when I talk about racists or more specifically "white racists" I am talking about the specific subset of the white race as they exist yesterday & today, not anyone or everyone else. When I talk about the evilness and wickness of "white racists" I'm referring to the people who actively participated in the slave trade, or held slaves, or fought to thwart attempts by the slaves to obtain their freedom either legally or illegally. From the beginning of the subjugation of people of African descent to the current acts of violence, aggressions, discrimination etc. committed by "white racists" who STILL believe the bullshit that they were taught that they are superior to black people simply because they are white and willfully cause harm in a myriad of ways to black people - those are the people I am referring to when I support Ascelpias's contention that they were weak. Anyone who employs such tactics is blatently so. Is it your contention that the majority of the white race was not racist at the time they instituted slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, etc.?

You and others seemingly are unable to differentiate between when we're discussing white people in general and white racists specifically, which I guess really shouldn't be surprising since you all consistently make comments about "black people" and then attempt to apply your racist stereotypes to the people you communicate with here on U.S. Message Board on a regular basis. How in the hell does that make any sense? If you don't like being lumped in with your racist members did it ever occur to you that we don't like it any more when simply because we're black you all accuse us of being uneducated, criminals, loose morals, inferior, etc.

I remember vaguely you relating your story about the work situation with one your subordinates spitting on you or something to that affect but I dont' really remember any of the details and the U.S. Message Board search features hasn't worked for me in days so I was unable to backtrack any of the history but I can tell you I have no antagonism against you personally, nor as a member of the white race :). I generally give everyone I encounter the benefit of the doubt until they show me otherwise however those that mean me harm and actually cause me harm, particularly those who do so due to any of my protected status attributes are a different story. I was a little on the naive side when I first encountered these people because I was brought up in a family where we were taught that lying is wrong so encountering individuals who not only had no qualms about lying but who would actually fabricate completely false tales out of whole cloth was completely foreign to me. I saw that you said earlier that these conversations are not serving any useful purpose, improving race relations or have anything to do with social justice, etc but that's not entirely correct. I've observed how some members communicate depending on who they're talking to, they can be polite and rational when talking to members of their own race (presumably) and then turn into absolutely foul mouthed, crazed racist when they believe they're talking to black people. That is one of the things I wanted to document.

Of course the goal is better relationships among all people irrespective of their race, ethnic background, etc. but some things are simply not possible when it comes to certain individuals, yet we do what we can.
Blacks have been "free" since 1865. Whites have yet to make amends and reparations for their actions during and after slavery. Its pretty evident that there is no real discourse to be had with the majority of whites. It doesnt take multiple centuries to fix your fuckups. Whites dont even have the desire to fix theirs. Their concern...their only concern is to continue to find ways to legislate themselves a head start while simultaneously legislating us more obstacles. We know because they embrace racists like Drumpf. We know because the income gap not only still exists but it is growing worse. We know because they click their toungues and chide us with a "well its not so bad". "Just be patient and one day in the next century we will treat you like equals." Just because a white person isnt some wild eyed, frothing at the mouth, hard core racist doesnt mean we should relax our guard. The ones that appear to be more human are actually the worst ones. They give you the "good white people" syndrome. Not saying there arent some out there but definitely not enough to let your guard down.

Last edited:
Somebody sent this to me today. Physically a beautiful Black girl who honestly believes she is white and hates Black people. This is a true sickness that comes straight from racism.

Assleper; it was a joke!! Prank etc etc. lmao

Greg
That being said, we will never truly eliminate racism from our society until we stop deriving our identity and self-worth from our group and begin celebrating our individuality.

Bullshit. We won't get rid of racism until whites stop making punk ass excuses like the one you just made and do what is necessary to rid racism from your communities.

Nope; he's correct, bru!! I don't give a damn if you're ANY identity; if you're a goodun' GREAT; if you're an asshole, PISS OFF!!!

Greg

Somebody sent this to me today. Physically a beautiful Black girl who honestly believes she is white and hates Black people. This is a true sickness that comes straight from racism.

Greg
That being said, we will never truly eliminate racism from our society until we stop deriving our identity and self-worth from our group and begin celebrating our individuality.

Bullshit. We won't get rid of racism until whites stop making punk ass excuses like the one you just made and do what is necessary to rid racism from your communities.

Nope; he's correct, bru!! I don't give a damn if you're ANY identity; if you're a goodun' GREAT; if you're an asshole, PISS OFF!!!

Greg

Where is your proof gtoe?

Greg

Greg

Real life, bru!! How about you?

Greg

Greg

Greg

Greg

What about real life bru? Are you saying there are no Black people that want to be white so they wont be discriminated against?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Deflecting back to white women doesn't change what I said. Their brothers, fathers, male cousins, sons, husbands etc not being protected more than makes up for any perceived advantages that white women get; and as the number of females who aren't white continues to grow white women are increasingly being lumped in with white males instead of the "woman" feminist moniker that they once owned.
White people are discriminated against for their race more and more every single year, and increasingly white victims of racism have to rely completely on openly far left civil rights organizations who have publicly declared that you can't be racist towards white people, that is worse than Jim Crow's justice system.
This is the text of the law we're discussing. Notice it says nothing about elevating blacks above whites, in fact it doesn't mention a specific race at all which is kind of the point

The term "affirmative action" was first used in the United States in "Executive Order No. 10925",[9] signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961, which included a provision that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[10] It was used to promote actions that achieve non-discrimination. In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order 11246 which required government employers to take "affirmative action" to "hire without regard to race, religion and national origin". This prevented employers from discriminating against members of disadvantaged groups. In 1967, gender was added to the anti-discrimination list.[11]

This is the text of the law we're discussing. Notice it says nothing about elevating blacks above whites, in fact it doesn't mention a specific race at all which is kind of the point

The term "affirmative action" was first used in the United States in "Executive Order No. 10925",[9] signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961, which included a provision that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[10] It was used to promote actions that achieve non-discrimination. In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order 11246 which required government employers to take "affirmative action" to "hire without regard to race, religion and national origin". This prevented employers from discriminating against members of disadvantaged groups. In 1967, gender was added to the anti-discrimination list.[11]
The same people who claimed affirmative action didn't discriminate also claimed that the change in immigration law wouldn't change the racial demographics.

Lying traitorous white Democrats like the Kennedys, specifically Ted Kennedy.

Regardless, white people are being discriminated against in mass today because of academia, it didn't even take a law.

Greg

Greg

Greg

No you aren't talking about real life. You are talking about life as you imagine. I am right. Because whites created racism and whites made identity e determinant so a white person talking about identity like they didn't can just shut the hell up.

Last edited:

I don't know. Expose a lie, then I will tell you if I hate that it was exposed or not.

:auiqs.jpg:No. While Latimer deserves credit for improving the process of producing the carbon filament,which Edison hired him to do, that does not diminish Edison's contribution. Edison does not diminish Latimer's contribution. You want to give all credit for inventions to black people and none to white people. That is dishonest.

That being said, blacks such as Latimer have made significant contributions; however, to you its the person's skin color that makes the contribution important or not.

You missed the point. Edison didnt do shit but steal credit. He created a company specifically to steal other inventions. Thats why he hired the true brains like Latimer.

Latimer did not invent the light bulb. Latimer invented an improved process for producing the carbon filament used in the light bulb (1882). Edison had a patent for the carbon filament bulb years earlier (1879). Of course, since Latimer was a black man, you want to give him all the credit for inventing the light bulb.

The same people who claimed affirmative action didn't discriminate also claimed that the change in immigration law wouldn't change the racial demographics.

Regardless, white people are being discriminated against in mass today because of academia, it didn't even take a law.

It doesn't discriminate and immigration changed racial demographics because America got whiter while the native Americans got killed. White people aren't discriminated in a damn thing, your just a young stupid ass white loon, a loser who needs to find somebody to blame because you aren't getting what you think whites are entitled to.

Latimer did not invent the light bulb. Latimer invented an improved process for producing the carbon filament used in the light bulb (1882). Edison had a patent for the carbon filament bulb years earlier (1879). Of course, since Latimer was a black man, you want to give him all the credit for inventing the light bulb.

Gaslighting doesn't work with us. Whites have given themslves credit for everything to include the invention of modern civilized society. So try another tactic because the only reason you argue is because you want to give a white man all the credit.

We have seen that whites have denied black inventors their rightful place for over 200 years. Whites have been given full credit in history for their inventions and those of others. You seem to miss the real absurdity.
You and ASCLEPIAS will not be satisfied unless the tables are completely turned. You are not wanting an end to racism, you are wanting payback. You are FOS.

Can't take the truth can ya? It's not about turning tables to provide accurate information.

Can't take the truth can ya? It's not about turning tables to provide accurate information.
Prove Latimer invented the light bulb. You can't because he didn't. He invented a better process to produce the carbon filament used in the light bulb. When I provide accurate facts you call it gas lighting.

History of the Light Bulb | Lighting Basics | Bulbs.com

Lewis Latimer - Inventor of the Carbon Filament Light Bulb | The Black Inventor Online Museum

Note: The title of the second link implies that Latimer invented the Carbon Filament Light Bulb; however, in the linked article Edison is given credit for inventing the Carbon Filament Light Bulb. Later, Latimer invented a better carbon filament for the light bulb. Here is a quote from the second link:

"In 1880, after moving to Bridgeport, Connecticut, Latimer was hired as the assistant manager and draftsman for U.S. Electric Lighting Company owned by Hiram Maxim. Maxim was the chief rival to Thomas Edison, the man who invented the electric light bulb. The light was composed of a glass bulb which surrounded a carbon wire filament, generally made of bamboo, paper or thread. When the filament was burned inside of the bulb (which contained almost no air), it became so hot that it actually glowed."

Last edited:

It doesn't discriminate and immigration changed racial demographics because America got whiter while the native Americans got killed. White people aren't discriminated in a damn thing, your just a young stupid ass white loon, a loser who needs to find somebody to blame because you aren't getting what you think whites are entitled to.
The Native Americans weren’t “killed”, dipshit, they died in mass because of disease.

America was also not a nation when it got “whiter”. America only exists as a nation because WHITE people(specifically of English descent) wrote the fucking Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

And now you pieces of shit are whitewashing our fucking history with your racist nonsense, and pretending that you don’t treat white people like shit on a day to day basis. You will receive your karma though.

One would never know by listening to you guys rant against white people the way you do.
This is why I have stated that you're wrong, which I rarely do. These aren't rants, they're factual dispersements of historical information and they are NOT against white people, they're against a very specific subset of white people, your "white racists". You claim that you have no issue admitting what THEY did (and continue to do) was wrong and immoral (therefore indicative of "weak" human beings) but we keep coming back to you being upset about comments made by Asclepias and at times IM2. Knowing what I do of both of them I sincerely doubt that they're referring to ALL white people as opposed to those who have engaged in acts of racism, however I can not speak for them, only for myself.

Haven't you been paying attention? Asclepias told me a couple months ago that whites are the weaker race and he confirmed that in this discussion. What's more, IM2 agrees with him.
And right now Aclepias is going back and forth about how whites got all their scientific knowledge from blacks which of course is bullshit. In fact, he just told me today that every single one of the many white inventions I listed were stolen or otherwise appropriated from blacks. His response?

"Not without stealing the invention from a Black person or educated in the knowledge Black people provided."

To which I said:

"Even if some did, it is not true in every case."

He then assured me that, indeed, it is true in every case. Not one white inventor devised his invention without stealing it from a black person. Not one.

Don't you find that just a little extreme and absurd?

Therefore, when I talk about racists or more specifically "white racists" I am talking about the specific subset of the white race as they exist yesterday & today, not anyone or everyone else. When I talk about the evilness and wickness of "white racists" I'm referring to the people who actively participated in the slave trade, or held slaves, or fought to thwart attempts by the slaves to obtain their freedom either legally or illegally. From the beginning of the subjugation of people of African descent to the current acts of violence, aggressions, discrimination etc. committed by "white racists" who STILL believe the bullshit that they were taught that they are superior to black people simply because they are white and willfully cause harm in a myriad of ways to black people - those are the people I am referring to when I support Ascelpias's contention that they were weak. Anyone who employs such tactics is blatently so. Is it your contention that the majority of the white race was not racist at the time they instituted slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, etc.?

At least you asked me instead of assuming it. I'll give you credit for that much. But anyway, the answer is, of course not. I never said anything about how many non-racists there were. I only said there were some and that there were some whites who protested slavery and then later on, fought for civil rights for blacks.

You and others seemingly are unable to differentiate between when we're discussing white people in general and white racists specifically,

I don't know about others but I know that sometimes I have trouble differentiating. Sometimes the language used is unclear on that point. I specifically asked Asclepias the other day if he meant some whites or all whites and he refused to answer, saying it was a deflection.

which I guess really shouldn't be surprising since you all consistently make comments about "black people" and then attempt to apply your racist stereotypes to the people you communicate with here on U.S. Message Board on a regular basis.

Whoa, hold up there fella. I don't make comments about black people. There were only two times I made a comment about black people since I got here about six months ago and that was to say that some blacks are racist and some blacks are paranoid about racism. But in spite of the fact that I went to the effort to qualify my remarks and make that distinction, IM2 accused me of saying all blacks are racist anyway.

He's done this many times and many times I've had to correct him. Asclepias has done it a few times as well and you just did so in your last post and even in this one. Which is ironic because you're here telling me about how I and others are not able to differentiate when I just had to correct you twice in my last post because you were not able to differentiate between what I said and something I didn't even say at all. Namely, when you said I implied that the only reason white racists exist is because of something that black people have done.

How in the hell does that make any sense? If you don't like being lumped in with your racist members did it ever occur to you that we don't like it any more when simply because we're black you all accuse us of being uneducated, criminals, loose morals, inferior, etc.

Another example of inability to differentiate. I've never said anything about blacks being uneducated, criminals, loose morals or inferior and never implied as such. I know better than that.

What I don't like is being lumped in with a group of people that has said things I never said or done things I never did.

I remember vaguely you relating your story about the work situation with one your subordinates spitting on you or something to that affect but I dont' really remember any of the details and the U.S. Message Board search features hasn't worked for me in days so I was unable to backtrack any of the history but I can tell you I have no antagonism against you personally, nor as a member of the white race :).

That's much appreciated. I feel the same way.

I generally give everyone I encounter the benefit of the doubt until they show me otherwise however those that mean me harm and actually cause me harm, particularly those who do so due to any of my protected status attributes are a different story. I was a little on the naive side when I first encountered these people because I was brought up in a family where we were taught that lying is wrong so encountering individuals who not only had no qualms about lying but who would actually fabricate completely false tales out of whole cloth was completely foreign to me. I saw that you said earlier that these conversations are not serving any useful purpose, improving race relations or have anything to do with social justice, etc but that's not entirely correct.

I didn't say "these conversations", I was specifically talking about IM2 and Asclepias and some of the inflammatory language and rhetoric they use; Whites are the weaker race, for example.

I've observed how some members communicate depending on who they're talking to, they can be polite and rational when talking to members of their own race (presumably) and then turn into absolutely foul mouthed, crazed racist when they believe they're talking to black people. That is one of the things I wanted to document.

Speaking for myself, I had always consciously avoided profanity in my posts because, well, you're usually not taken seriously if you speak like a reform school juvenile delinquent and it simply is not conducive to an adult conversation. However, I've done so in recent months because it seemed to me the only language IM2 and Asclepias understood.
I had had a few exchanges with IM2 when I first got here and there was no profanity on my part and I made a conscious effort to be civil, reasonable and respectful. Then one day he called me "stupid fucker" when he got frustrated with something I said and it just went downhill from there. He has since called me "dumb bastard", "bitch", "punk" "fool" and a few other choice words. I began to see that civil discourse was alien to this guy and that profanity and harsh language was all he understood.
So I started using some profanity to get my point across but I never insulted him except on two occasions where I called him "dumbass" and more recently "numbnuts" out of frustration.

Of course the goal is better relationships among all people irrespective of their race, ethnic background, etc. but some things are simply not possible when it comes to certain individuals, yet we do what we can.

I know I will do what I can.

Old lady, this historical record of Africa includes colonization by whites which divided nations into borders that did not exist and put warring tribes next to each other, white rulers that used divide and conquer in order to maintain minority rule. Much of the strife in Africa today can be traced to colonization. You guys her are so busy arguing trying top make us racists rather than discussing the points being made. What A is saying is that what is going on now whites created. Most of you guys want to go way back to 100,000 BC in order to argue about issues to rationalize what whites have done until we start bringing up how the past benefitted whites today then for most of you guys here 100 years ago is too far in the past. Stop doing that please.
IM, A is the one who brought up pre-colonial Africa by saying that prior to whites invading Africa, Africans respected each others' boundaries and didn't war with each other.
I already said, in my reply to A, that you folks know more about current conflicts in Africa than I do, what caused them, etc. I was never speaking to current conflicts. I was speaking only to the ridiculous notion that as a race, Africans were peaceful until the bad white guys taught them to be aggressors. Sorry, that's bullshit.

I can see A being somewhat suspicious of white historians' account of what African empires were like pre white guys, but I think it is ludicrous to imagine that blacks are any more likely to be peaceniks, as a race, than any other. He mentioned Native Americans as being peaceable, too. But we know the Mayan and Aztec empires, to name two, didn't become tens of thousands strong by simply smiling at their neighbors. They sacrificed their prisoners of war; no white guy made that up--it is what archeologists have figured out.

All humans have the potential for violence; some cultures learn to control it. I'm not saying some black cultures weren't peaceful, but so were some white cultures. And probably over the course of time, they got gobbled up by aggressive neighbors. That's how history goes.
So, sorry, but I have no plans to "stop" making that point. Though there's no sense, I realize, trying to make any point here.

I'm not going to argue against the fact that we all have human flaws. But what gets sickening is that most whites here always want to make the argument a what about ism in order to divert from the topic. But you have one problem with the argument you are using, find us examples where a non white nation has invaded, colonized, and occupied a white one.
The Carthaginians.

You are talking about 200 BC. This is what I am talking about. If we blacks say every white person benefited from slavery, 150 years ago is too long ago and none of us were here. Carthage isn't even a country and hasn't been for 2000 years.Tunisia is what Carthage is called today and was colonized by the French in the 1800's and did not gain independence until 1956. But since you want play this way, name a non white country in modern times that has colonized a white one. Because Corsica and Sicily are not suffering today because they were colonized by Cartha
Screen_Shot_2014-06-23_at_5.07.38_PM2.png
ge in 237 BC.
All of Europe is being colonized right now, idiot.

By who?

Screen_Shot_2014-06-23_at_5.07.38_PM2.png

Forum List

Back