The Texas lawsuit and the possible end of our republic.

I'm not going to bothering reading the thread ... looks like the same vomit from yesterday ...

Anyone dared comment on the merits of the case yet? ... the OP is crazy wrong ... if we let Texas dictate how Michigan interprets their own laws ... pfffft ... worst, allow Texas to go straight to SCOTUS ... well ... then ... er ...

What's to stop California from telling Mississippi how to run their education system? ... and going straight to SCOTUS with the complaint ...

No ... I didn';t think anyone wanted to discuss this matter honestly ... sorry for interrupting ...

This is what annoys me the worst. I know this is a Hail Mary and it has no chance of overturning the election, but the fact that Texas even had a path to take this directly to the SC with 1) no successful lower court rulings, and 2) Able to file a lawsuit that essentially is looking to interfere in another states' affairs....is a complete travesty.
So you have no idea about how multiple state issues are resolved. It goes directly to the supreme court. Always. Always. Always.
You are not worthy of adding to this conversation as you are naive as to how a republic works.

FYI....we are a republic.
I laugh at those that attempt to debate and say things that are not factually correct. Its like "Rachel Maddow said this so I can regirgitate it
There IS no issue, snowflake. That's the point. This is frivolous. Texas has NO standing to question another state's process. They suffered no harm.
So do me a favor and stow your upturned nose. I don't give a shit.
Oh. I see. A state voted legally, and their electoral college votes are offset by a state that votes against the constitution. Got it.
Good for you.

So what you're really trying to say here is that state's DON'T have the right to make their own laws. Again, selective interpretation. So much for that yellowed scrap of paper.
Texas wasn't harmed therefore has no standing to bring the suit...unless you are postulating that because Texas voted for Trump, these other states have to as well.
Uh...excuse me. I never said that. States get to make their own laws. Always. Governors and judges do not have the right to change those laws according to the constitution. Only LAW MAKERS do.
Know your stuff before you debate.

No chance
This really isn't going to happen.

You guys really need to calm down. Go out and get some air. Spend the day in a forest with no cell phone.

Yep, just let the cheating happen, after all Progs know what's best for us because we don't.
Yep, just let the cheating happen, after all Progs know what's best for us because we don't.
Cheating?
All 50 governors have certified their election results.
Yes. All states certified the results. I expected that. The question is, should states have their electoral college numbers offset by states that had non law makers change their election laws? And 18 governors and AG's are protecting their state citizens from having their vote offset.
Analogy.....

During a football game, there were 3 calls turned over by instant replay review. The last play of the game, where a player scored the winning touchdown, there was question whether or not his foot stepped on the sideline. It was an SEC team vs. an ACC game. You are an ACC fan. It was an SEC player that scored the apparent touchdown. The head ref decides to amend the rules and claims "we will not review the last play of a game"......would you not question what the hell and be upset about the mid game change of rules??

Now...that is a lousy football game. What about the election of a President of the United States?

They literally do not care

They are psychopaths -
I bet they would care if the tables were turned.
The Hillary supporters got the fuck over it, like adults
Anyone who "get's over" a swindled election is a scumbag.
What do we call those who whine about losing and then pretend that it was a swindled election with no evidence.....(see all those court losses). A sucker? Seditious? A cultist?
we call them Hillary Clinton
You mean the Presidential Candidate that conceded on Election Night, 2016?
yup. She conceded and spent the next three years blaming us deplorables for a stolen election.
But you run with that attitude. It fits you well.

Also she didn't concede until the following morning.

But she still conceded the next morning...which I don't think Trump has done yet.
Obama offered Trump a smooth transition. Trump so far has offered Biden next to squat.
I could care less what Clinton parroted after Trump was inaugurated. That's your hangup. Not mine.

Both of you need to get some new talking points.

LOL. Obama offered the front of a smooth transition and everyone knew that all the civil servants were going to do everything they could to gum the gears, i.e. the resistance.

It's easy to play nice when you know your inside people are going to do your dirty work for you.

What a naïve moron you are.

Which they didn't. So nice try at bullshit.
What happened after the inauguration was Trump's fault.
Note the date

View attachment 428214

Dude, there were people in government calling themselves "The Resistance", people leaking everything they could to try to make Trump's job harder.

Do you deny that most civil servants at the federal level are democrats?

Oh please, Trump himself made his job hard. That's what happens when you elect someone who not only has no experience in both policy and government, but is also a flaming narcissist that has no interest in the job.
I have no idea what the political affiliations of your average civil servant is. All I know is that a lot of them are career people who want to serve their country regardless of party in power.
Something that Trump should have recognized, you know before he had Tillerson start destroying the State Dept or before he went to the Memorial Wall at the CIA and talked about...his inauguration crowd size.
<YAWN!>

Nothing you ever post is worth reading. It's the same shit you've been bleating for 4 years.

I'm not going to bothering reading the thread ... looks like the same vomit from yesterday ...

Anyone dared comment on the merits of the case yet? ... the OP is crazy wrong ... if we let Texas dictate how Michigan interprets their own laws ... pfffft ... worst, allow Texas to go straight to SCOTUS ... well ... then ... er ...

What's to stop California from telling Mississippi how to run their education system? ... and going straight to SCOTUS with the complaint ...

No ... I didn';t think anyone wanted to discuss this matter honestly ... sorry for interrupting ...

This is what annoys me the worst. I know this is a Hail Mary and it has no chance of overturning the election, but the fact that Texas even had a path to take this directly to the SC with 1) no successful lower court rulings, and 2) Able to file a lawsuit that essentially is looking to interfere in another states' affairs....is a complete travesty.
So you have no idea about how multiple state issues are resolved. It goes directly to the supreme court. Always. Always. Always.
You are not worthy of adding to this conversation as you are naive as to how a republic works.

I laugh at those that attempt to debate and say things that are not factually correct. Its like "Rachel Maddow said this so I can regirgitate it
There IS no issue, snowflake. That's the point. This is frivolous. Texas has NO standing to question another state's process. They suffered no harm.
Oh. I see. A state voted legally, and their electoral college votes are offset by a state that votes against the constitution. Got it.
Good for you.

So what you're really trying to say here is that state's DON'T have the right to make their own laws. Again, selective interpretation. So much for that yellowed scrap of paper.
Texas wasn't harmed therefore has no standing to bring the suit...unless you are postulating that because Texas voted for Trump, these other states have to as well.
Uh...excuse me. I never said that. States get to make their own laws. Always. Governors and judges do not have the right to change those laws according to the constitution. Only LAW MAKERS do.

No chance

You guys really need to calm down. Go out and get some air. Spend the day in a forest with no cell phone.

Cheating?
Yes. All states certified the results. I expected that. The question is, should states have their electoral college numbers offset by states that had non law makers change their election laws? And 18 governors and AG's are protecting their state citizens from having their vote offset.
Analogy.....

During a football game, there were 3 calls turned over by instant replay review. The last play of the game, where a player scored the winning touchdown, there was question whether or not his foot stepped on the sideline. It was an SEC team vs. an ACC game. You are an ACC fan. It was an SEC player that scored the apparent touchdown. The head ref decides to amend the rules and claims "we will not review the last play of a game"......would you not question what the hell and be upset about the mid game change of rules??

Now...that is a lousy football game. What about the election of a President of the United States?

They are psychopaths -
What do we call those who whine about losing and then pretend that it was a swindled election with no evidence.....(see all those court losses). A sucker? Seditious? A cultist?
yup. She conceded and spent the next three years blaming us deplorables for a stolen election.

But she still conceded the next morning...which I don't think Trump has done yet.
Obama offered Trump a smooth transition. Trump so far has offered Biden next to squat.
I could care less what Clinton parroted after Trump was inaugurated. That's your hangup. Not mine.

LOL. Obama offered the front of a smooth transition and everyone knew that all the civil servants were going to do everything they could to gum the gears, i.e. the resistance.

It's easy to play nice when you know your inside people are going to do your dirty work for you.

Note the date

View attachment 428214

Dude, there were people in government calling themselves "The Resistance", people leaking everything they could to try to make Trump's job harder.

Oh please, Trump himself made his job hard. That's what happens when you elect someone who not only has no experience in both policy and government, but is also a flaming narcissist that has no interest in the job.
I have no idea what the political affiliations of your average civil servant is. All I know is that a lot of them are career people who want to serve their country regardless of party in power.
Something that Trump should have recognized, you know before he had Tillerson start destroying the State Dept or before he went to the Memorial Wall at the CIA and talked about...his inauguration crowd size.
<YAWN!>

Nothing you ever post is worth reading. It's the same shit you've been bleating for 4 years.

I've only been posting here for a year or so. I lurked for almost 3.5 years before that.
The SC just threw out Trump's last attempt to steal the election. Deal with it.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -

Note the date

View attachment 428214

<YAWN!>

I've only been posting here for a year or so. I lurked for almost 3.5 years before that.
The SC just threw out Trump's last attempt to steal the election. Deal with it.
I assumed you were posting the same idiocies on some other forum.

It was over November 3rd due to 81 million people voting for Joe Biden
You mean it was over due to 5 million fraudulent votes.

No, I don't mean that at all, Alex Jones.

XQDw5k1Q1v8MsL1iUAwP7O3jvqLRq4budIQwVZmERkYOrzvctwYI9Fd8szcjW8lNQg=s1200

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -

Note the date

View attachment 428214
No it wasn't. The nonstop war on Trump happened because the fake news media hated him. The theory that Trump did anything to deserve that treatment is beyond absurd.. How do you people walk around in public?

Seventeen states have joined Texas in this lawsuit to save our republic. Let us hope the Supreme Court comes to our rescue.

>>>Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. ...

New Guards for our future security? None other than the guns in our own hands without government registration or permitting!

>>>We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.<<<

The days of SCOTUS are numbered.

The SCOTUS is going to be fine, Comrade.
ROFL! Not if Republicans don't retain the Senate, moron. What's your conception of "fine?"

Its still going to be around, still hearing cases, still ruling on them.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -

Note the date

View attachment 428214
No it wasn't. The nonstop war on Trump happened because the fake news media hated him. The theory that Trump did anything to deserve that treatment is beyond absurd.. How do you people walk around in public?

You guys are really fetishizing failure.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -

Note the date

View attachment 428214

And victimology.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -

Note the date

View attachment 428214

And victimology.

Seriously, the GOP should ditch the elephant and just make the 8 ball gag their party's official symbol.

I have faith in our Conservative court to not only reject this ridiculous claim but to admonish EVERY Republican who endorses it.

Why should Republicans be "admonished" for protesting against stolen elections? There is really little point in spending the time or money to run for office if you are going to be swindled.

Further, no one will contribute to an election campaign that has no chance of succeeding because of fraud.

Because it wasn't stolen. For the first time in many election cycles, the Republican tactic of voter suppression was largely removed. Granted, it was because of the pandemic (which I'd like to point out was made worse by the lack of response from the WH and impeded by the Republican party). Individual states made their own election rules. It is up to the state to set those rules. If you truly believe in the Constitution, then you believe in state's rights. If not, it's just bullshit talk. You believe in selective interpretation. For the SC to rule in Texas favor, it would have to throw out and invalidate millions of legally cast votes. Straight up voter disenfranchisement. It's bad enough that the Republican party engages in voter suppression and gerrymandering, but this?...is straight up theft..and sedition.

How is making a person vote in person and prove they are eligible to vote voter surpression?

States made the election rules. There are states that have used mail in voting for years without incident. The military has used it for decades.
Voting in person (especially during a pandemic) may not be possible for everyone. Hence, a way for Republicans to practice voter suppression.
Everyone who cast a vote was eligible. 73 million of the morons voted for Trump.

Your man lost. And you're pissed. I get it. But this behavior is just un-American.

You just like mail in voting because it makes it easier to cheat, and you know your side has no issues with cheating.
Maybe you can explain how it is possible to cheat in a mail in ballot?

Do millions of soldiers and sailors cheat every year when they vote by mail?

harvesting is the biggest one.

Usually mail in ballots are requested, which allows for tracing.

It adds also the chance for stuffing in the counting rooms, by increasing the paper count.

How do you stuff ballots when each ballot has a unique bar code traceable to a registered voter?

If ballots were stuffed, multiple votes would show up for registered voters.......There were no instances of that happening

Each outer envelope is unique, the ballots are not as they have to be anonymous.

Harvesting is going around picking up unused ballots and sending them in.

So how about after the election we do a full count and comparison? I have a feeling many of these have already been destroyed to cover up.

How does one pick up unused ballots?
Do you go door to door?

Why are there no reports of widespread soliciting of unused ballots?

You are just making shit up

Well lets investigate to find out. Start with back-checking samples of mailed ballot envelopes and ask the people if they did mail the ballots in or not.

Match exactly the envelope counts to the ballot counts. full review.
Well lets investigate to find out. Start with back-checking samples of mailed ballot envelopes and ask the people if they did mail the ballots in or not.

Match exactly the envelope counts to the ballot counts. full review.
Derp...
That is done as part of the counting process when envelopes are verified and opened. A ballot without a corresponding envelope would not be counted.
How else do you imagine they could ever certify their elections without these safeguards in place?
Your visions of poorly photocopied ballots with fake voters is impossible.
Since obervers were kept away, how would anyone know whether ballot without a corresponding envelope was counted?
This is a lie.

Observers were not kept away.

Team Trump has had more than ample opportunity to present evidence in court, or to the proper authorities, or even on televisin. They have produced none. So for you to claim cheating is absurd, and you are embarrassing yourself.

Team Trump has had more than ample opportunity to present evidence in court, or to the proper authorities, or even on televisin. They have produced none. So for you to claim cheating is absurd, and you are embarrassing yourself.

Its worse than even that. Trump's legal team never ONCE even alleged in court that fraud ever occurred as part of their legal arguments. They were asked repeatedly if they were arguing fraud, and insisted that they were not.

These poor saps have been played like fiddles.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

This is a lie.

No election laws were changed by non-law makers.

Its worse than even that. Trump's legal team never ONCE even alleged in court that fraud ever occurred as part of their legal arguments. They were asked repeatedly if they were arguing fraud, and insisted that they were not.

And in all seriousness, there really are many well-meaning Trumpsters who have bought into this. They've just been fed this parallel universe crap for so many years, that they were ripe for the right con man to come along and bring them down with him.

The arrogant, aggressive, ignorant Trumpsters, so well-represented here, deserve what they get. But I do feel kinda bad for those who really are terrified that we're going commie. They've been had by a crook and his cronies, and they didn't deserve that.

Good for you.

No chance

Cheating?
Analogy.....

They are psychopaths -
It has nothing to do with caring.

It has to do with the fact that there is no evidence of fraud.

And in all seriousness, there really are many well-meaning Trumpsters who have bought into this. They've just been fed this parallel universe crap for so many years, that they were ripe for the right con man to come along and bring them down with him.

The arrogant, aggressive, ignorant Trumpsters, so well-represented here, deserve what they get. But I do feel kinda bad for those who really are terrified that we're going commie. They've been had by a crook and his cronies, and they didn't deserve that.

The republicans have been saying that democrats and liberals are communists and will turn our nation into a communist state since the Clinton years.

They don't know the real meaning of of the word communism. They have no idea or concept of the difference between economic policy and social policy.

Every democrat who runs for president is automatically labeled the most liberal in government and will turn us into a communist state.

Clinton was handed an economy on the brink of collapse. Obama was handed an economy that was totally collapsed. Both men cleaned up the mess the best they could even though the republicans fought them and did everything to prevent them from cleaning the mess up.

So if you look at history the far right's idea of communism is a healthy and robust capitalistic economy. Low unemployment, our international ties strong with something of a trade policy.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the republicans or anyone who is a trump follower. Especially those who are terrified that we will become a communist state if any democrat is elected to our government.

All those people deserve is scorn and ridicule for their totally stupidity and destroying what was once a decent political party.

Forum List

Back