"There's No Discipline! No Respect!"

Unfortunately the public education is controlled by liberals who are incompetent but highly politicized
You make EVERY post about public education your personal agenda to attack.
As the OP asked, when was the last time you were in a public school classroom?
How many hours in the last 10 years?

Since your Opinion is so strong, you can certainly answer honestly.
You expect respect under these leftists woke savages we are living under OP??

It ain't going to happen.

I had (retired in 2022) less discipling problems on a daily basis that employees at ANY restaurant, definitely far less than the high end places.

Having your lads under the lash of authority teaches contempt, not respect Unkotare

~S~
That's NOT how it works Sparky.

When was the last time you were in a public school classroom?

when my kids graduated

thankfully they lived to get out

~S~
And when was that?
I was an educator, and NEVER spent a moment in my Children's Public School Classroom.
Same District.
No need.

And when was that?
So how do YOU ^^^^ explain so many teachers and coaches having success?
or even, a boss?
They can 'splain themselves Winco

Most of them are younger , have no real tenure, are no more than tools of the educational machine

'respect' under the heel of authority is not success , it's subjugation

the tenured lot knows this

quit breeding little nazi's

~S~

I had (retired in 2022) less discipling problems on a daily basis that employees at ANY restaurant, definitely far less than the high end places.

I dare say you have strong opinions on many topics that you are not personally involved in

I dare say you have strong opinions on many topics that you are not personally involved in
It would be cool if you had strong opinions on topics you WERE ACTUALLY involved in,
rather than Strong opinions on topics on which you have no clue.

It would be cool if you had strong opinions on topics you WERE ACTUALLY involved in,
rather than Strong opinions on topics on which you have no clue.
You must have a very limited list of topics that you have opinions on

You must have a very limited list of topics that you have opinions on
The TOPIC is:

You sticking your nose in the Public Education Discussion when you have ZERO experience.

I keep hearing people who haven't set foot in a public school in decades - if ever - declaring with great certainty that there is "absolutely NO discipline or respect, etc. in the public schools!" I'm here to tell you they're wrong. Are there problems with all that sort of thing regarding some students? Of course. There always has been. Kids are kids, and at a certain age some are not so good at impulse control. This is not new. Backinmydayitis makes some people say some foolish things.

As I've mentioned many times, I work in a (very) urban school district. Just the sort that seems to scare the pants of some loud mouths. I get "yes sir" and "no sir," "thank you, sir" -ed all day long every day.

Discipline? There are a number of students on my rosters who have been out for a rather long time now on suspension. The school where I am teaching night school is a school specifically dedicated (during the day classes) to educating students who have been "invited" to leave the other high schools in the district. A police officer is stationed in the school full time. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir still applies there as well.

Yes times change, but not as much as we sometimes want to convince ourselves.

Oh and in case you're wondering, no "woke shit" is going on that I have seen.

How do you explain all the chicago schools who have zero students who are even somewhat proficient in math or reading?
Surely you've seen the reports.

Both true and false here.

By and large my young students are delightful, as children always have been. Curious, funny, energetic, joyful and all the good things.

But the problems are certainly more problematic, and admin is even more dunderheaded than ever in how they deal with problems. THAT is the issue. Not the majority who are still delightful, or at the very least, "manageable" (for lack of any better term).

Forum List

Back