They are killing us tonight. They are dying. Horrible deaths.

The more I think about Russian helping the Egyptian military the more I wonder if we have not already turned them down. There is no love lost between the Egyptians and Russia. Our guides let us know that. They consider the apartment buildings that were built when Russian was in charge to be nothing more than ghettoes.

I got tired on one of our shopping excursions and was sitting with our guides. In walked some women in shorts, halter tops, and flip flops. Our guides expressed their disgust at their dress and said they were probably from Russia. I had not taken one sleeveless top or pair of shorts with me and I didn't even wear sandals. And I wore a scarf in the mosques. At that moment, I was glad I dressed to show respect for them.

Of course the Obama stream news is not going to tell us any of this if we have refused to aid the people.

Last edited:
Disturbing photos from Egypt:

4807582099589640360no.jpg

'Boycott the Christian Dogs'

480758001003899490490no.jpg

48076030991095640360no.jpg

480760501000100640360no.jpg

480760401000100640360no.jpg

48075810100892640360no.jpg

The more I think about Russian helping the Egyptian military the more I wonder if we have not already turned them down. There is no love lost between the Egyptians and Russia. Our guides let us know that. They consider the apartment buildings that were built when Russian was in charge to be nothing more than ghettoes.

I got tired on one of our shopping excursions and was sitting with our guides. In walked some women in shorts, halter tops, and flip flops. Our guides expressed their disgust at their dress and said they were probably from Russia. I had not taken one sleeveless top or pair of shorts with me and I didn't even wear sandals. And I wore a scarf in the mosques. At that moment, I was glad I dressed to show respect for them.

Of course the Obama stream news is not going to tell us any of this if we have refused to aid the people.

I do agree with you on everything except the dress code of the tourists.

if a country wants to make a living on a tourist business it should not mandate any dress code for them - either open or by smirking.
If they do not want shorts and halter tops with flip-flops - they should not open their seashores and attractions to the tourism business.

One can not sit on two stools, and that what they are doing by taking the tourist's money and "not approving" of their clothes( nothing wrong with shorts and halter tops in a hot climate). Hypocrisy at it's best.
Egyptian hatred of Russians goes back long way back to mid-seventies. And it is no wonder Russia wants it's foot in the door when stupid us are out.

Yeah I wonder a lot.
I wonder about Keystone.
I wonder about Snowden.
I wonder about support of MB.
I wonder about support of the Springs.
I wonder about then blaming the Springs.
I wonder about still trying to sell MB.
I wonder about playing dumb about the massacre.
I wonder about the canal.
I wonder about Putin and the Saudis.
I wonder about the arrogance or stupidity or do the pieces fit somewhere else.

if a country wants to make a living on a tourist business it should not mandate any dress code for them - either open or by smirking.
If they do not want shorts and halter tops with flip-flops - they should not open their seashores and attractions to the tourism business.

One can not sit on two stools, and that what they are doing by taking the tourist's money and "not approving" of their clothes( nothing wrong with shorts and halter tops in a hot climate). Hypocrisy at it's best.
Egyptian hatred of Russians goes back long way back to mid-seventies. And it is no wonder Russia wants it's foot in the door when stupid us are out.

They do not mandate a dress code. They just expressed disgust. The group I went with advised us to dress modestly and I took their advice. Glad I did. But I have to differ with your estimation of dress. Light cotton or linen clothing is best. It is seriously hot there and those fabrics help wick away the moisture and make you more comfortable actually.

Gee, I don't think of the seventies as being so long ago. That was the decade I was having children.

Yeah I wonder a lot.
I wonder about Keystone.
I wonder about Snowden.
I wonder about support of MB.
I wonder about support of the Springs.
I wonder about then blaming the Springs.
I wonder about still trying to sell MB.
I wonder about playing dumb about the massacre.
I wonder about the canal.
I wonder about Putin and the Saudis.
I wonder about the arrogance or stupidity or do the pieces fit somewhere else.

Can't answer, but I consider Snowden a hero. I believe he deserves a hero's welcome.

They do not mandate a dress code. They just expressed disgust. The group I went with advised us to dress modestly and I took their advice. Glad I did. But I have to differ with your estimation of dress. Light cotton or linen clothing is best. It is seriously hot there and those fabrics help wick away the moisture and make you more comfortable actually.

I meant a dress code by smirking ( or disgust).
They do not have a right to the disgust if they willingly take the money of those whom they disgust - which they do and then express the disgust.

I agree that one can modify the dress to fit with a code and to feel not hot as well - I have not been to the ME but I've visited a lot of Italian churches and monasteries - and there is a dress code as well ( if one wants to be admitted not with a crowd of tourists :D)

They do not have a right to the disgust if they willingly take the money of those whom they disgust - which they do and then express the disgust.

I agree that one can modify the dress to fit with a code and to feel not hot as well - I have not been to the ME but I've visited a lot of Italian churches and monasteries - and there is a dress code as well ( if one wants to be admitted not with a crowd of tourists :D)

We were in a jewelry store. The women were not part of our group. They do not require scarfs in the mosque we visited. But we did have to wear surgical shoe covers to protect the carpet.

Anyway, I disagree with you about their right to free speech.

We were in a jewelry store. The women were not part of our group. They do not require scarfs in the mosque we visited. But we did have to wear surgical shoe covers to protect the carpet.

I envy you. I've been infatuated with Egypt since high school.

I envy you. I've been infatuated with Egypt since high school.

Yes, and I as well. I booked a trip as soon as I got out of law school. I really don't know if it will EVER be safe for tourists again. But I'll say this, I was a little disappointed in the pyramids. I think the ones in Peru and other places south of here probably required far more skill to build. So, if it doesn't look like you can go, seek an alternative. They are out there.

Radical Islam is the most violent/vile Reliigion in the World today.

And it is in control in Egypt. The people there want that government gone. The military is helping. Russia is helping. The US is doing nothing. Our president has gone into hiding.

Because of his role in it.

What's Russia doing?
What can the US do?
What was Obama's role in the violence?

So many assertions...so little evidence.
Mind you, as we all know, facts have a liberal bias so aren't to be trusted

And it is in control in Egypt. The people there want that government gone. The military is helping. Russia is helping. The US is doing nothing. Our president has gone into hiding.

What's Russia doing?
What can the US do?

he supported it, basically

the evidence is all there - if one is not blinded by obama worshiping

What's Russia doing?
What can the US do?

Catch up. Then come back.

What's Russia doing?
What can the US do?

he supported it, basically

the evidence is all there - if one is not blinded by obama worshiping

Then Putin threw his hat in the ring....

Again.

Forum List

Back