🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Three Things Gun Grabbers run from:

Your mileage may vary depending on driving habits and conditions

but.....here's what the numbers indicate about home-gun ownership

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) data, between 2003 and 2007, the typical resident from the 15 states with the most guns (WY, MT, AK, SD, AR, WV, AL, ID, MS, ND, KY, TN, LA, MO, and VT) was 6 times more likely to die in a gun accident than a typical resident from the 6 states with the fewest guns (HI, NJ, MA, RI, CT, and NY). For example, although there were virtually the same number of children aged 5 to 14 years in both groups of states, 82 had died from accidental gunshot wounds in these high gun states, compared with 8 in the low gun states

Fatal injuries are only the tip of the iceberg. For every fatality from an accidental shooting, there are more than 10 people injured seriously enough in gun accidents to be treated in hospital emergency departments.

A national time series study (1981–2002) also found a strong association between gun prevalence and suicide rates for men, women, youth, and the entire population, even accounting for unemployment, alcohol consumption, poverty, and region. Household gun ownership levels were largely constant in the 1980s and fell in the 1990s. Firearm suicide rates and overall suicide rates followed suit. There were no significant changes in nonfirearm suicide rates.[46] During the period when firearm and overall suicides were decreasing, the percentage of Americans thinking about suicide, planning suicide, or attempting suicide did not change.[47]

Other case-control studies have also found that a gun in the home is a risk for homicide in the home.[30,27,31] And results from 2 offender-based case-control homicide studies find that gun ownership is a risk for homicide perpetration.[66,67]

Whereas most men are murdered away from home, most children, older adults, and women are murdered at home. A gun in the home is a particularly strong risk factor for female homicide victimization. Women in the United States are at far greater risk of homicide victimization than women in other developed countries,[4,68] and the greatest danger for women in homicides that occur in the home comes from their intimate partners— especially partners with guns.

A subgroup analysis of female homicide victimization from a large case-control study of homicide in the home in 3 metropolitan counties found that having a gun in the home was a large and significant risk factor for homicide.[69] Most of the women were murdered by a spouse, a lover, or a close relative, and the increased risk for homicide from having a gun in the home was attributable to these homicides.

Now NONE of those leads me to think we ought to repeal the Second Amendment.

The above is just offered to those of you who love your families and who are wondering how best to keep them safe.

I believe that some of you live in places where not having a gun in your homes will make your family LESS SAFE.

I also believe that most of you do NOT live in that kind of war zone, so in those cases the existence of guns in the home is probably making you and yours statistically LESS safe.

Keep you guns, kids, it's truly none of my business until/unless the existence of YOUR gun threatens me and mine.

I'll play you're game for a moment. Are you claiming that there are no high ranking Democrats that haven't expressed a desire to disarm Americans of MILITARY GRADE weapons?

Let me tell you something, handguns are too INFERIOR for use against a despotic/tryannical government. Even with modern small arms, you still are confronted by

1) Missiles
2) Helicopters
3) Tanks
4) Modern naval bombardment
5) Stealth Bombers
6) All other types of military aircraft
7) Spy satellites
8) Superior cyber tech
List goes on forever.

The most you could do (but not with handguns), is cause massive economical damage through insurgency and force the government to collapse with the economy. And it will take a LONG TIME (5+ years) and Patriots will be killed in a 100:1 ratio. The sympathy of the general (uninvolved) public will ultimately determine if the Patriots have the morale and courage to take those devastating losses. But case and point, you wont' get anywhere with ONLY handguns and weak ammunition.

This is why we call the Gun Grabbers. Because they are after the GUNS THAT MATTER: MILITARY/NEAR-MILITARY Grade small arms.

You need a gun to defend yourself and your family? By all means have one

You need military grade weapons so that you and your nut job buddies can run around chasing phantom despotic governments?

By all means we will grab your guns from your cold dead fingers

naw it isnt happening

you do not have the support for it

who are you to decide

which firearm one needs

You need a gun to defend yourself and your family? By all means have one

You need military grade weapons so that you and your nut job buddies can run around chasing phantom despotic governments?

By all means we will grab your guns from your cold dead fingers

naw it isnt happening

you do not have the support for it

who are you to decide

which firearm one needs

We haven't allowed military grade weaponry in the hands of civilians in almost 100 years

DOJ Self Defense statistics

The Racist Roots of Gun Control.

Federalist 28 + Founding Father quotes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me, but this report was printed in 1979.
That's, um....a mere 34 years ago.
"Copyright 1979 by Criminal Justice Research Center"

But thanks for the lame attempt at relevancy, anyway.

Do you really think criminals and other humans have evolved since 1979 to react differently in those scenarios?

Notice these Gun Grabbers don't' argue with any of the facts presented in the OP. This thread is a self fulfilling prophecy. :)

Last edited:
Aaron, so you admit that you cannot refute what has been posted?

Black_Label, so you admit that you cannot refute what has been posted?

I am not a gun control advocate, let alone what you call a "gun grabber". And maybe everyone else is tired of arguing against the false premise that people in black helicopters are coming to take your in the middle of the night.

Being tired of a false premise does not entitle you to create one of your own. Is there any likelihood that our government will attempt to confiscate guns in the near future? No. Are there "gun grabbers" who would like the government to confiscate guns? Yes.

I can remember back to the good ole days, when the gun grabbers were just after handguns. They swore that they would never, ever, attempt to limit or control long guns, and anyone who thought they would, were right wing crazies. How crazy were they?

What Every Gun Owner Needs to Know About Self-Defense Law

Introduction

With firearms ownership comes serious responsibilities. These responsibilities take several forms, including–

1. Responsibility to ensure that your firearms do not fall into criminal hands, due to carelessness or neglect.

2. Responsibility to ensure that a child does not get a hold of your firearm, resulting in a tragedy.

3. Responsibility to ensure that when you are handling your guns, your actions are safe and responsible.

4. And finally, it is your responsibility to understand the laws regarding use of deadly force in self defense and to be aware of what happens within the legal system when a citizen uses deadly force in self defense.

The High Cost of Self Defense

Deciding to carry a gun or to arm yourself for home defense is a choice that should be made only after thorough consideration. Many people buy guns with little thought of getting training and without investigating what the legal aftermath may be if they use a gun for self defense.

While a clear-cut case of self defense normally results in no arrest, no prosecution, and no lawsuit, please understand that many, many cases of self defense simply are not clear cut. For example, what if someone a little larger and stronger than you picks a fight with you? Can you shoot him? At what point in the altercation would you have a right to shoot?

What if three people, perhaps pan handlers obviously involved in aggressively begging, surround you and demand money? When you feel threatened by their insistence, can you draw your gun to stop their aggression?

What if someone threatens your life, so you shoot him, but at the instant you determined you had no other choice but to shoot, he twisted or turned away, so one or two of your shots hit him in the back? What if one of the shots in the back is the fatal shot? Do you think you might be prosecuted?

The history of armed self defense is chock-full of incidents in which law abiding citizens legitimately used a gun for self defense and ended up in prison or were bankrupted because they were wrongfully prosecuted or sued.

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/what-every-gun-owner-needs-to-know

What Every Gun Owner Needs to Know About Self-Defense Law

Introduction

With firearms ownership comes serious responsibilities. These responsibilities take several forms, including–

1. Responsibility to ensure that your firearms do not fall into criminal hands, due to carelessness or neglect.

2. Responsibility to ensure that a child does not get a hold of your firearm, resulting in a tragedy.

3. Responsibility to ensure that when you are handling your guns, your actions are safe and responsible.

4. And finally, it is your responsibility to understand the laws regarding use of deadly force in self defense and to be aware of what happens within the legal system when a citizen uses deadly force in self defense.

The High Cost of Self Defense

Deciding to carry a gun or to arm yourself for home defense is a choice that should be made only after thorough consideration. Many people buy guns with little thought of getting training and without investigating what the legal aftermath may be if they use a gun for self defense.

While a clear-cut case of self defense normally results in no arrest, no prosecution, and no lawsuit, please understand that many, many cases of self defense simply are not clear cut. For example, what if someone a little larger and stronger than you picks a fight with you? Can you shoot him? At what point in the altercation would you have a right to shoot?

What if three people, perhaps pan handlers obviously involved in aggressively begging, surround you and demand money? When you feel threatened by their insistence, can you draw your gun to stop their aggression?

What if someone threatens your life, so you shoot him, but at the instant you determined you had no other choice but to shoot, he twisted or turned away, so one or two of your shots hit him in the back? What if one of the shots in the back is the fatal shot? Do you think you might be prosecuted?

The history of armed self defense is chock-full of incidents in which law abiding citizens legitimately used a gun for self defense and ended up in prison or were bankrupted because they were wrongfully prosecuted or sued.

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/what-every-gun-owner-needs-to-know

So you've demonstrated one of my own concerns that I haven't voiced yet on these forums, that the laws are meant to punish gun owners acting in self defense. The guns aren't the problem, the laws are.

Aaron, so you admit that you cannot refute what has been posted?

Black_Label, so you admit that you cannot refute what has been posted?

I am not a gun control advocate, let alone what you call a "gun grabber". And maybe everyone else is tired of arguing against the false premise that people in black helicopters are coming to take your in the middle of the night.

So then, you admit you can't argue what's been written here?

I'm explicitly CHALLENGING ALL OF YOU TO COME AND DEBUNK THIS.

That's just crazy shit, that's all. Hell, I'm a real "left field" liberal in your book, but I'm not for disarming anyone. My biggest concern is that there REALLY ARE gun nuts out there, and many of them are also substance abusers. They are truly dangerous--mainly to themselves, and especially to their family members. But I suppose that's THEIR problem.

Ive also met my share of right wing windbags that use their possession of a collection of armaments as a way of threatening those around them. We learn to steer clear of those idiots, but I do get tired of hearing their bullshit.

I know some "liberals" that would like greater gun restrictions. I'm not really one of them, but I do believe many gun owners are unstable people. I have good reason to say that.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk46HZzuG48]NRA Created To Protect Free Slaves - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqVrNkr6ug"]Dont do this during confiscation time[/ame]
This is the wrong course of action people, you will only wind up getting hurt as the weapon clinging brutes got slaughtered at the end of this story, just give up the guns, the police will keep us all safe.

Last edited:
"The police will keep us all safe."

How is that working in Chicago and Detroit? Why do you ignore the Department of Justice Statistics that confirm that MILLIONS of crimes are stopped every year by the would-be victim simply drawing a firearm?

Dont do this during confiscation time
This is the wrong course of action people, you will only wind up getting hurt as the weapon clinging brutes got slaughtered at the end of this story, just give up the guns, the police will keep us all safe.
The police generally arrive after the crime is reported. They collect the bodies and investigate to figure out what happened. They do NOT protect us from harm. They do NOT keep us safe.

A disarmed public is easily enslaved. Is that okay with you?

This needs to occasional bump:

Big Government, consuming one person at a time!

goya-saturn-devouring-his-children-11.jpg

Forum List

Back