Toy Gun Buy-back program in Kalifornia

I've learned to shrug and accept so very many of the insane and inane beliefs and programs that Liberals come up with to find Utopia here on earth...or at least in California.

But when I read this on, I just shook my head ...

1. "Strobridge Elementary Principal Charles Hill has a brilliant idea: he’s holding a toy gun exchange next Saturday in which students of the Hayward, CA school can turn in a toy gun to receive a book and a raffle ticket to win one of four bicycles.

2. “Playing with toy guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” he claims.

3. At Strobridge Elementary Safety Day, a local policeman will demonstrate bicycle and gun safety, (does he get to use a real gun?),....

4. Hill, defending his take-away program, asserted that police are justifiably afraid when they face armed suspects, and toy guns have been mistaken for real ones.

5. ...Yih-Chau Chang, spokesman for Responsible Citizens of California, said, ”Having a group of children playing cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians is a normal part of growing up.”
Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program

Before any say it's a fine idea....

....even a buy-back for real guns:

6. “Researchers who have evaluated gun control strategies say buybacks – despite their popularity – are among the least effective ways to reduce gun violence. “Gun buybacks popular but ineffective, experts say John Lott states that the vast majority are old or inoperable.

How is it that educrats seem oblivious to any real data, and eschew scholarship for feel-good plans?

Could this be the explanation for the horrid job they do?

They can pry my Toy Army figures from my cold dead fingers.

toy-army-men.jpg

Okay.

Family Says Autistic Man With Toy Gun Shot, Killed by Florida Police | Fox News

Police Shoot Man Carrying Toy Gun in Waistband | Fox News

Man shot and killed by Beach police was carrying toy gun | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

I've learned to shrug and accept so very many of the insane and inane beliefs and programs that Liberals come up with to find Utopia here on earth...or at least in California.

But when I read this on, I just shook my head ...

1. "Strobridge Elementary Principal Charles Hill has a brilliant idea: he’s holding a toy gun exchange next Saturday in which students of the Hayward, CA school can turn in a toy gun to receive a book and a raffle ticket to win one of four bicycles.

2. “Playing with toy guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” he claims.

3. At Strobridge Elementary Safety Day, a local policeman will demonstrate bicycle and gun safety, (does he get to use a real gun?),....

4. Hill, defending his take-away program, asserted that police are justifiably afraid when they face armed suspects, and toy guns have been mistaken for real ones.

5. ...Yih-Chau Chang, spokesman for Responsible Citizens of California, said, ”Having a group of children playing cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians is a normal part of growing up.”
Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program

Before any say it's a fine idea....

....even a buy-back for real guns:

6. “Researchers who have evaluated gun control strategies say buybacks – despite their popularity – are among the least effective ways to reduce gun violence. “Gun buybacks popular but ineffective, experts say John Lott states that the vast majority are old or inoperable.

How is it that educrats seem oblivious to any real data, and eschew scholarship for feel-good plans?

Could this be the explanation for the horrid job they do?

They can pry my Toy Army figures from my cold dead fingers.

toy-army-men.jpg

or

From my candy-stickied fingers
:D

Me and virtually every guy I ever played with as a kid shot play or imaginary guns at one another or other cops, robbers, cowboys, indians, etc., yet to my knowledge this day none of us has committed a criminal act with a gun.

Liberalism is fantasy land.

".... this day none of us has committed a criminal act with a gun."

I don't know how old you are....but you still have time......

One does not have to actually commit a crime with a toy gun although there have been cases where that's exactly what happened.

There were toy guns in my house too. Real guns too. But, times are different. The guy standing next to you in the grocery store line wasn't carrying a loaded gun. Now he is.

The nutters want everyone armed and we have no way of knowing who is carrying a loaded gun and hoping for the opportunity to use it.

Think Trayvon Martin or the froot loop who was fighting with his wife/girlfriend when the cops shot him.

If the nutters want everyone to be packing, they will have to understand when the rest of us figure that every one is packing.

You can never again trust that the guy standing next to you isn't gonna shoot you.

Its that simple.
I want responsible people to be armed. If that makes me a "nutter", so be it.

One does not have to actually commit a crime with a toy gun although there have been cases where that's exactly what happened.

There were toy guns in my house too. Real guns too. But, times are different. The guy standing next to you in the grocery store line wasn't carrying a loaded gun. Now he is.

The nutters want everyone armed and we have no way of knowing who is carrying a loaded gun and hoping for the opportunity to use it.

Think Trayvon Martin or the froot loop who was fighting with his wife/girlfriend when the cops shot him.

If the nutters want everyone to be packing, they will have to understand when the rest of us figure that every one is packing.

You can never again trust that the guy standing next to you isn't gonna shoot you.

Its that simple.
I want responsible people to be armed. If that makes me a "nutter", so be it.
It's hard to ignore that the Nazis told everyone they were making the nation safer, too, when they expropriated guns from the Jewish population "for their own good," but in modern times, it got rid of a lot of people and gave the Nazis pocket cash and bling jewels for the ladies they didn't have to pay for when they killed the owners in the ovens. And in the hands of the OWS supporters who enjoyed Democrat leaders encouraging and looking the other way when businesses got their windows busted and their shelves emptied, who'd look at dead bodies of people they marginalized with hatred for year on end online and offline? IOW, if you give up your guns to them like the children were taught in school, there's nobody to protect you if a neoNazi control group brought in their cannons to kill unarmed people marginalized as robber barons by their encouragers?

Last edited:
PC better watch it, I'm a mean shot with the weapon below, make sure you have your wingnut limited, myopic, vision goggles on. We wouldn't want to spoil your narrow minded view. :lol:

recon.jpg

It's hard to ignore that the Nazis told everyone they were making the nation safer, too, when they expropriated guns from the Jewish population...

'The Hitler gun control lie'

"Unfortunately for LaPierre et al., the notion that Hitler confiscated everyone’s guns is mostly bogus. And the ancillary claim that Jews could have stopped the Holocaust with more guns doesn’t make any sense at all if you think about it for more than a minute.

University of Chicago law professor Bernard Harcourt explored this myth in depth in a 2004 article published in the Fordham Law Review. As it turns out, the Weimar Republic, the German government that immediately preceded Hitler’s, actually had tougher gun laws than the Nazi regime. After its defeat in World War I, and agreeing to the harsh surrender terms laid out in the Treaty of Versailles, the German legislature in 1919 passed a law that effectively banned all private firearm possession, leading the government to confiscate guns already in circulation. In 1928, the Reichstag relaxed the regulation a bit, but put in place a strict registration regime that required citizens to acquire separate permits to own guns, sell them or carry them."

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

Besides, Omer Bartov, a historian at Brown University who studies the Third Reich, notes that the Jews probably wouldn’t have had much success fighting back. “Just imagine the Jews of Germany exercising the right to bear arms and fighting the SA, SS and the Wehrmacht. The [Russian] Red Army lost 7 million men fighting the Wehrmacht, despite its tanks and planes and artillery. The Jews with pistols and shotguns would have done better?” he told Salon."

Last edited:
Me and virtually every guy I ever played with as a kid shot play or imaginary guns at one another or other cops, robbers, cowboys, indians, etc., yet to my knowledge this day none of us has committed a criminal act with a gun.

Its that simple.

Wrong, of course. I stood in line in a quiznos in north carolina with 9 people open carrying. I didn't know any of them yet I wasn't worried that one was going to start shooting.

PC better watch it, I'm a mean shot with the weapon below, make sure you have your wingnut limited, myopic, vision goggles on. We wouldn't want to spoil your narrow minded view. :lol:

recon.jpg

It's hard to ignore that the Nazis told everyone they were making the nation safer, too, when they expropriated guns from the Jewish population...

"Unfortunately for LaPierre et al., the notion that Hitler confiscated everyone’s guns is mostly bogus. And the ancillary claim that Jews could have stopped the Holocaust with more guns doesn’t make any sense at all if you think about it for more than a minute.

University of Chicago law professor Bernard Harcourt explored this myth in depth in a 2004 article published in the Fordham Law Review. As it turns out, the Weimar Republic, the German government that immediately preceded Hitler’s, actually had tougher gun laws than the Nazi regime. After its defeat in World War I, and agreeing to the harsh surrender terms laid out in the Treaty of Versailles, the German legislature in 1919 passed a law that effectively banned all private firearm possession, leading the government to confiscate guns already in circulation. In 1928, the Reichstag relaxed the regulation a bit, but put in place a strict registration regime that required citizens to acquire separate permits to own guns, sell them or carry them."

The Hitler gun control lie - Salon.com

Besides, Omer Bartov, a historian at Brown University who studies the Third Reich, notes that the Jews probably wouldn’t have had much success fighting back. “Just imagine the Jews of Germany exercising the right to bear arms and fighting the SA, SS and the Wehrmacht. The [Russian] Red Army lost 7 million men fighting the Wehrmacht, despite its tanks and planes and artillery. The Jews with pistols and shotguns would have done better?” he told Salon."

"We wouldn't want to spoil your narrow minded view."

Narrow minded doesn't mean what you intended it to mean here.
It means "shockable: capable of being shocked.
...or petty.

You have no idea as to my shockability......
Nor have you established that I'm petty....

You actually wanted a pejorative way of saying that I hardly ever agree with you.
And, that is true.

That's because you're almost always wrong.

Let me know when you need another lesson.

Last edited:

Its that simple.

The guy standing next to you in the grocery store line wasn't carrying a loaded gun. Now he is.

first you say the guy next to you in line is packing....then you say there is no way to know....:dunno:......which is it?....

Its that simple.
The guy standing next to you in the grocery store line wasn't carrying a loaded gun. Now he is.

first you say the guy next to you in line is packing....then you say there is no way to know....:dunno:......which is it?....

Jesus Christ.

Some people should never be armed.......you included.

The left. masters in over reaction. how many lives will this save? and at what cost. every time I think I've seen it all.

Its that simple.

Jesus Christ.

Some people should never be armed.......you included.

why me?.....Dudley is the paranoid fucker....not me.....

Kids have been playing cops and robbers, cowboy's and indians for decades, while pretending to shoot(kill) each other for decades, with no harm done before lone wolf sociopaths started shooting rampages in recent years. One observation in my lifetime was that the media and gaming industry now glorify violence in a way not seen 30 years ago. The imagery is quite vile for a young mind that cannot separate reality from fantasy. Hell, the Columbine shooters thought we were living in the Matrix and even dressed accordingly. Add to that a failed mental health system and the end of corporal punishment in schools, and you raise a generation that frightens educators. It used to be the students were afraid and respected teachers and elders.

Maybe we need a violent video game buyback instead. Won't ever hear of the media's culpability in the issue however. Much easier to blame the guns and law abiding owners.

Last edited:
This is a unique approach, I like it. Purely voluntary, but it sends a good message about gun safety.

No it doesn't. It sends a message that guns are something to be afraid of. We played with toy guns all through elementary school and no one ever used them to commit illegal acts in adulthood. We were taught how to use guns properly. But then again, this is CA so I would expect the pampering to continue with horrible results.

We used to carry .22 rifles and shotguns on the school bus, lock them in our lockers, and hop off the bus a couple of stops early so we could hunt small game and birds on the way home from school. Real rifles and shotguns. No one ever shot the school up, no one ever accidentally shot themselves or anyone else. We didn't even think of taking out that gnarly old English teacher. We were taught how to use firearms properly, too.

recon.jpg

The Hitler gun control lie - Salon.com

Your source ignores the truth:

They removed guns from the Jewish population the day after Krystalnacht, described below:​

Krystalnacht, a Jewish synagogue being burned:

04467s.jpg

The Nazis had plans, though, and arrested and imprisoned 30,000 Jews. The Nazis were so proud of themselves, they took lots and lots of pictures of the people they arrested and paraded in public so all Aryan Germans would know what heroes the Nazis truly were in their own mind.
image6.jpg

Krystalnacht photo credits

I have a more powerful weapon than you, midcan:

My weapon has no bullets but it has a good memory for facts:

il_570xN.58705071.jpg

Last edited:
This is a unique approach, I like it. Purely voluntary, but it sends a good message about gun safety.

No it doesn't. It sends a message that guns are something to be afraid of. We played with toy guns all through elementary school and no one ever used them to commit illegal acts in adulthood. We were taught how to use guns properly. But then again, this is CA so I would expect the pampering to continue with horrible results.

We used to carry .22 rifles and shotguns on the school bus, lock them in our lockers, and hop off the bus a couple of stops early so we could hunt small game and birds on the way home from school. Real rifles and shotguns. No one ever shot the school up, no one ever accidentally shot themselves or anyone else. We didn't even think of taking out that gnarly old English teacher. We were taught how to use firearms properly, too.

I remember those days, and even bringing small knives to school. I learned to shoot at a YMCA camp.

There is very simple language regarding gun safety that even a 3rd grader can understand. And that language should be imparted to every 3rd grader in this nation.

1) Don't fuck with this or I'll kick your ass.

2) Here's what you do if you have to, and why.

Oh, yeah. My parents kept loaded guns in the house. We children knew exactly where they were. Two things kept us from ever wanting to mess with them: they were in my parents' bedroom, which was strictly off limits. We respected that boundary. The other was, we knew if we violated that boundary, or messed with the guns without permission, we'd get our asses beat.

".... in an attempt...."

1. There it is....the difference between us 'thick conservatives,' who actually seek efficacy...

...and child-like liberals for whom wishes equal reality.

a. Liberals and Conservatives differ in the way to proceed. For Conservatives, data informs policy. (“More Guns, Less Crime” and “Mass murderers apparently can’t read, since they are constantly shooting up ‘gun-free zones.’”- Coulter) We use Conservative principles to the best of our ability, but when confronting new and original venues, we believe in testing, and analysis of the results of the tests. For liberals, feeling passes for knowing; it is based on emotion often to the exclusion of thinking.

2. “There are mature and immature people all across the political spectrum. But Leftist positions are unusually childlike – because Left-wing positions are nearly all based on identifying one’s wishes with reality. ..The Left would like to believe that people are basically good. Therefore the Left declares people to be basically good…..The Left would like to believe that all countries, cultures, and individuals want the same things-a peaceful, tolerant, open, free society. Therefore, they believe it." Dennis Prager?s ?Still the Best Hope? reviews the Evils of the Hysterical American Left | MN Prager Discussion Group

Here is the Cliff Notes version: toy gun buy-back isn't the answer....

.....teaching values and morality is.

Sitting and criticizing someone who is attempting to do something good is the way to go? The right wing way? You are the ones with no values and morality.

I don't say the principle has " no values and morality."

I say he's stupid.

Clear?

Even if you think it is a stupid plan, you should give the guy credit for attempting to get the kids away from the gun/gang culture.

Hayward CA crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Hayward California is a scary place to raise a child. I know every time you see the word gun, you tense up, but it sounds like he's trying to combat a violent culture and teach younger kids who are surrounded by gang violence that it isn't the answer.

Heaven forbid that a principal in a bad area do something in an attempt to steer kids away from violence. Conservatives are so pro gun that they will give this guy a hard time when he is attempting to do something good. Conservatives think that the problem in America is liberalism, how fucking thick are they?
We all know that no matter what, kids are going to have sex, so lets give them condoms, Plan-B and sex education.
Let's use the same logic and give them guns, bullets and firearm training.

You appear to have a problem separating sex from violence.

Forum List

Back