trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
It's potentially troubling. But so far, I've seen nothing to confirm your suspicion that government is forcing these companies to cooperate. They have plenty of incentive to do so without coercion.

So government controlling speech is fine with you as long as the Democrats are doing it and they aren't using "coersion" but "insentives."

Remember when you pretended you were libertarian? I didn't realize until now how pathetic that was

You’re not getting this. Social media is the public square.
And you’re consistent at being wrong.

The ‘public square’ metaphor fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The internet is infinite, with ample channels of communication available to everyone to express his views, opinions, and grievances.

Indeed, millions of individuals have neither a Facebook nor Twitter account and have no problem whatsoever accessing news, information, entertainment, and online venues for self-expression.

Social media are not a ‘utility,’ social media are not a ‘public square’ – social media are private entities immune from government regulation or interference.

When Twitter stops being a dem company and banning people for wrong politics.....then I'll care.....until then if discrimination laws are valid they include political speech.....its in the constitution
This is EXACTLY why I've always argued against discrimination laws.

Which begs the question.............why are you so obsessed with a private citizen's twitter account status?

In what way am I obsessed with his account? I could not care less about his account, I am merely defending a private business being allowed to run their business as they wish and pointing out that not being allowed to tweet is not the same as having no freedom of speech

Did you really think that would work, Dipshit? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Several Taliban spokesmen have maintained Twitter accounts for years, regularly tweeting updates on negotiations and regional battles. The accounts often post photos and videos from frontlines, which are then copied and shared by pro-Taliban accounts. Only 15 percent of the Afghan population has access to the internet.

Both Twitter and Facebook removed former president Donald Trump after the Jan. 6 riots and have not restored his account, citing "incitement to violence."

Coordinating battles would violate their terms against violence, right? Can't wait to see how you defend the Taliban this time.
Again, ball is in your court Skippy

Trump was not banned for being Trump, he was banned for repeatedly violating rules of the platform.

Are you admitting that the Taliban can follow the rules and Trump is incapable of it ?

Did you really think that would work, Dipshit? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Several Taliban spokesmen have maintained Twitter accounts for years, regularly tweeting updates on negotiations and regional battles. The accounts often post photos and videos from frontlines, which are then copied and shared by pro-Taliban accounts. Only 15 percent of the Afghan population has access to the internet.

Both Twitter and Facebook removed former president Donald Trump after the Jan. 6 riots and have not restored his account, citing "incitement to violence."

Coordinating battles would violate their terms against violence, right? Can't wait to see how you defend the Taliban this time.

It was indeed incitement to violence. It worked too.

That wasn't a terrorist attack you blithering idiot. Had they used the Twit to plan the suicide bombings you might have a point. As it is, you failed - - - - > Again
Stop the lies trying to defend your terrorist buddies. They coordinated the invasion of Kabul on Twitter (violence). That takeover resulted in a terrorist attack that killed 13 Americans.

You can suck the dicks of the Taliban all you want, it won't change the fact Twitter isn't consistent when it comes to enforcing their rules. Period.

You lose again.

Indeed it is. But if you're saying the state should force Twitter to cater to Trump, you're arguing for the coercion.
Oh I agree. No question.

That's why it is completely inappropriate for government to be telling social media what information or "misinformation" to censor.

Even if social media is a willing participant, it is still government action, and what may seem innocent now will be complete coercion in the future. The only way to make sure that coercion does not happen is for government to shut the fuck up and stay out of it. There's way too much gray area for totalitarian hacks to circumvent constitutional limits.

Again, ball is in your court Skippy

Trump was not banned for being Trump, he was banned for repeatedly violating rules of the platform.

Are you admitting that the Taliban can follow the rules and Trump is incapable of it ?
Good Lord, how blatant can your lies get?

Twitter rules forbid violence and inciting violence. It has been proven the Taliban uses twitter to plan and coordinate violence.

They are clearly in violation of Twitter's TOS, but since they hate America Twitter does nothing about it.

You really look stupid here...............as usual.

So you are making not so subtle threats of violence while on the other hand, are too cowardly to admit it. Gotcha! :thup:

No one is making threats you fucking pansy. We are merely describing what is coming based on hundreds of years of history.

History that ignorant people, like you, never seemed to learn.

So government controlling speech is fine with you as long as the Democrats are doing it and they aren't using "coersion" but "insentives."

Remember when you pretended you were libertarian? I didn't realize until now how pathetic that was
And that is why there can be no collusion whatsoever. There must be a bright line. Government has to shut the fuck up and not be involved in any of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Stop the lies trying to defend your terrorist buddies. They coordinated the invasion of Kabul on Twitter (violence). That takeover resulted in a terrorist attack that killed 13 Americans.

You can suck the dicks of the Taliban all you want, it won't change the fact Twitter isn't consistent when it comes to enforcing their rules. Period.

You lose again.

Donald made the deal that we'd be out by end of August. They came in as we were leaving. They did not attack our troops and they allowed 100% of our troops to leave along with thousands of Afghanis who were loyal to the US.

I hope the rest of your day goes better for you than this thread has. :D

Good Lord, how blatant can your lies get?

Twitter rules forbid violence and inciting violence. It has been proven the Taliban uses twitter to plan and coordinate violence.

They are clearly in violation of Twitter's TOS, but since they hate America Twitter does nothing about it.

You really look stupid here...............as usual.
OK,
Skippy

Show where they incited violence
You claim they reported on battles. Show where they advocated violence.

I knew you would be reasonable about this and see the bigger picture, despite your hate for Trump. That's too difficult for too many.

It sucks than an asshole like Trump has been able to stir up such tribalism and cause so many to abandon core principles of liberty on all sides. The next outsider needs to be someone who is not so off-putting.

At same time, Trump's freak show has operated to expose totalitarian tendencies top to bottom, on all sides. More people are ow seeing how we are given nothing but the illusion of liberty. We are going to have to work much harder to take back real liberty.

Yes, Trump screaming racist, racist, racist at everyone certainly stirred up tribalism.

No wait, that was the Democrats ...

Forum List

Back