Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level.”

President Donald Trump responded to the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history by saying the attack was a result of “a mental health problem” and not due to lax gun control laws.

“This isn’t a guns situation,” Trump said, noting that a person in the crowd with a gun shot at the attacker and caused him to flee. “This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.”

More: Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

Actually, it's both a guns issue and a mental health problem - and the NRA is protecting both.

NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

So why wouldn't Trump support legislation keeping AR-15s out of the hands of the mentally ill?

Ecause that was tried. Don’t work.

actually we already have laws to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally

the difference for what leftards want

is the ability to strip one of his rights on the "basis" of mental illness

without due process

you can plainly see the lefts willingness to rid rights they dont like

in this example

1- right to firearms

and

2 The right of due process
Let's stick to the subject. He was convicted of DV against his wife and kid and was dishonorably discharged from the service. Isn't that due process enough for you? Explain why he should be sold a gun.

So Europe will be a label in that chart, right? I mean you would post bogus bullshit as a cite, would you?

Dude, if you don't know where Europe is and what countries make up Europe, I really can't help you. There is only so much remedial knowledge I have time to give out for free.

Now, I have to go out and buy more guns.... laters!

Explain that to me, please. Can you at least patch that one up while we're waiting?

First you explain why the fact that murder is illegal doesn't stop murderers, or take a stab at explaining why the fact heroine is illegal doesn't stop people from selling it and buying it.

All you want to do is take law abiding gun owners and turn them into criminals, while at the same time infringing on their right to self defense.
Nope. I want law abiding people going about their business at school, church, shopping, enjoying a concert to be safe from people with rifles designed to shoot dozens of bullets in one minute.

So a rifle that would hit from 200 yards off ? Maybe something along the lines of an old bolt action rifle ? That’s what got Kennedy. Reagon was hit with a .22 revolver, or here, dude could have just bought an AMC gremlin, waited for noon, pointed it at the front door and hit the gas. Or just made a bomb.
Nothing will stop every maniac. Your argument is old and I'm yawning. There is no need of us having semiautomatic rifles that shoot dozens of bullets per minute. Crazy people can do too much damage in too short a time.
LOL, yeah maybe we should pass a law that psychopaths can only use pump action shotguns (sawed off barrels optional) and semi automatic pistols while performing their "duties", I'm sure that'll make them think twice before going on killing sprees. :rolleyes:

Does imposing restrictions on the natural rights of peaceful people pursuant to stopping the violent ones from being violent actually work in the fantasy world that you inhabit?

Dude, if you don't know where Europe is and what countries make up Europe, I really can't help you. There is only so much remedial knowledge I have time to give out for free.

Alternatively you could demonstrate a little common decency by attaching a map of Europe the next time you endeavor to bring it up in discussions with the inhabitants of LeftWingTopia, after all Earth is a strange and alien place to them.

Alternatively you could demonstrate a little common decency by attaching a map of Europe

I don't believe in educating the lower classes. It makes them uppity and totally unprepared for ditch digging.

President Donald Trump responded to the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history by saying the attack was a result of “a mental health problem” and not due to lax gun control laws.

“This isn’t a guns situation,” Trump said, noting that a person in the crowd with a gun shot at the attacker and caused him to flee. “This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.”

More: Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

Actually, it's both a guns issue and a mental health problem - and the NRA is protecting both.

So why wouldn't Trump support legislation keeping AR-15s out of the hands of the mentally ill?

without due process

in this example

1- right to firearms

and

Let's stick to the subject. He was convicted of DV against his wife and kid and was dishonorably discharged from the service. Isn't that due process enough for you? Explain why he should be sold a gun.

You can take that up with your polititions. They promised us we would be safe when they passed the Brady bill and the 92 crime bills. They lied. This is day one. Honestly, I have yet to see a source for the weapon used in the shooting, yet another Brady bill failure. So off the bat gun regulation that we were promised by democrats would save us have done nothing. Two different bills aimed at controling guns both massive failures. Look to your government for answers. Be outraged, then go watch news.

Explain that to me, please. Can you at least patch that one up while we're waiting?

First you explain why the fact that murder is illegal doesn't stop murderers, or take a stab at explaining why the fact heroine is illegal doesn't stop people from selling it and buying it.

All you want to do is take law abiding gun owners and turn them into criminals, while at the same time infringing on their right to self defense.
Nope. I want law abiding people going about their business at school, church, shopping, enjoying a concert to be safe from people with rifles designed to shoot dozens of bullets in one minute.

So a rifle that would hit from 200 yards off ? Maybe something along the lines of an old bolt action rifle ? That’s what got Kennedy. Reagon was hit with a .22 revolver, or here, dude could have just bought an AMC gremlin, waited for noon, pointed it at the front door and hit the gas. Or just made a bomb.
Nothing will stop every maniac. Your argument is old and I'm yawning. There is no need of us having semiautomatic rifles that shoot dozens of bullets per minute. Crazy people can do too much damage in too short a time.
LOL, yeah maybe we should pass a law that psychopaths can only use pump action shotguns (sawed off barrels optional) and semi automatic pistols while performing their "duties", I'm sure that'll make them think twice before going on killing sprees. :rolleyes:

Does imposing restrictions on the natural rights of peaceful people pursuant to stopping the violent ones from being violent actually work in the fantasy world that you inhabit?
I'm not fantasizing, but if you care at all about the innocent lives lost in the past month to semiautomatic massacres, you'l listen. These mass shootings in LasVegas and yesterday in Texas were not related to our war against terrorism, but were just plain homegrown crazy people who think they can scratch their itch by grabbing a lethal weapon and opening fire on people they don't even know to feel powerful. Without the weapon, a lot of those people would not be dead today.
Do you care?

I'm not fantasizing, but if you care at all about the innocent lives lost in the past month to semiautomatic massacres, you'l listen. These mass shootings in LasVegas and yesterday in Texas were not related to our war against terrorism, but were just plain homegrown crazy people who think they can scratch their itch by grabbing a lethal weapon and opening fire on people they don't even know to feel powerful. Without the weapon, a lot of those people would not be dead today.
Do you care?

In the last month here were two believe. This one and another with a car. What was he difference between the two?

without due process

in this example

1- right to firearms

and

You can take that up with your polititions. They promised us we would be safe when they passed the Brady bill and the 92 crime bills. They lied. This is day one. Honestly, I have yet to see a source for the weapon used in the shooting, yet another Brady bill failure. So off the bat gun regulation that we were promised by democrats would save us have done nothing. Two different bills aimed at controling guns both massive failures. Look to your government for answers. Be outraged, then go watch news.
Thanks, I'm outraged already. They let the law against some of those semi's expire. They have done nothing of any import whatsoever, ever. It's time to take the most lethal of these weapons away from the general population. I don't care who likes it.

Do you care?

In the last month here were two believe. This one and another with a car. What was he difference between the two?
I asked a specific question. Not feeling like answering it? I'm not talking about the terrorist attack.

They let the law against some of those semi's expire.

Those particular laws were stupid. They banned some weapons not based on caliber or rate of fire, but on cosmetic features.

However, I fully endorse Democrats taking a radical stand on gun control in the forthcoming election. It should work out well for them.

Trump is correct, you are wrong as always.

Trump is correct. I never heard or read a thing about any guns driving to the Church, getting out and shooting anyone. When you can prove that is how it happened, I will be with you all the way.
You've opened my eyes. You won't believe this, but in a somewhat similar vein I used to blame tobacco for increased rates of lung cancer. Crazy eh? I should have realised that tobacco never once set itself on fire. I thank you and President Trump both for setting me straight.

There it is! The dumbest thing I'll read today.

Do you care?

I asked a specific question. Not feeling like answering it? I'm not talking about the terrorist attack.

And there it is. Optics, opinions and whatever. No law would have stopped that guy. None. The answer was there, it just isn’t YOUR answer. A person bent on killing will kill.

Cologne school massacre - Wikipedia

Your solution is to remove the means to defend ourselves, and I’ll point out that the police did not end this, civilians with a scarey black rifle did.

without due process

in this example

1- right to firearms

and

Thanks, I'm outraged already. They let the law against some of those semi's expire. They have done nothing of any import whatsoever, ever. It's time to take the most lethal of these weapons away from the general population. I don't care who likes it.

ALL of those “semis”. They took nothing away. What it did was make it so folks welded on or cut off flash hiders and made adjustable stocks permanently fixed. Ah, and loaded us to ten round magazines, which only made a $5.00 20 round magazine cost $50.00 for a few years. No aspect of any part of the gun control scheme did one thing to stop a mass killing. I point to Columbine as proof. As well as the many, many mass shootings that happened before and so nice. A citizen with what was likely built on an AR platform shut it down. Not cops.

Forum List

Back