Trump is hemorrhaging older voters

And how do they know that?

I think Trump's continued bleating about payroll tax cuts (to be permanent, or so he hopes) has seniors worried about Social Security and Medicare. And how they will be paid for.
You are full of shit. Trump wanted to suspend payroll taxes as a stimulus against COVID-19. The word permanent never crossed his lips.
You know that suspending income tax would do nothing to help people who need help. You have 36 million people suddenly with no income, so how would cutting their taxes help anybody.

And those that are working, can't use a tax cut to spur spending, because only essential businesses were open.

This is a classic case of, if all you have is a hammer.
Duh... open the economy and allow them to work. Not an overly complex solution.
They ARE. Wake up and quit bitching.
They are? Not in MA. Know your role and shut your mouth.
You lose.
Reopening Mass.: Read the Full Plan
The report details what can reopen immediately, including manufacturing, construction and places of worship. Retail and office spaces, as well as beaches, parks and some athletic fields will be next to open on May 25.

You stupid idiot. I live Here. Did you read it? Phase 2 at best is 3 weeks away and restaurants and gyms cannot open til Phase 3 so at best in July. And even then at partial capacity. Did you even read the article? You are a typical ignorant leftist who has zero economic acumen and you’re a liar.
You stupid idiot. I live Here. Did you read it? Phase 2 at best is 3 weeks away and restaurants and gyms cannot open til Phase 3 so at best in July. And even then at partial capacity. Did you even read the article? You are a typical ignorant leftist who has zero economic acumen and you’re a liar

Awww....poor baby has boo boo head. Is that a cramp in your widdle lifestyle?
How many should die so you can go to Cracker Barrel when the mood strikes?

Grow up, loser.
Dickhead, 50% of all deaths are in nursing homes. Take that away and this is a typical flu type death %. Other states opened. No one is forcing cowards (you) to go out but because you're a chicken doesn't mean I have to follow the same rules you do.
Dickhead, 50% of all deaths are in nursing homes. Take that away and this is a typical flu type death %. Other states opened. No one is forcing cowards (you) to go out but because you're a chicken doesn't mean I have to follow the same rules you do.
100k dead in 10 weeks is not the typical flu, dope.
Creating more cases creates more death.

All so you can get a burger and a beer on a whim and feel good about your life. Good on you, loser.
50% was in nursing homes so it is closer to 45k and average age of death is 82. Spare me. You're a Leftist coward. Hide under your bed. No one is forcing you to go out.

Is it really fair to open up the country to everyone except cowards?
Smells like a libtard discrimination lawsuit coming?
A coward is one who can't handle a few months of mild adversity and inconveniences to their lifestyle.
Not being able to pay your bills, losing your business and livelihood, having your kids miss a half a year of school and athletics...equate to something being inconvenient?

You're deranged. FUCKING deranged.

He clearly is living in Troll Land
I wish. He consistently posts stupid and illogical statements. He is a typical Leftist.

Not being able to pay your bills, losing your business and livelihood, having your kids miss a half a year of school and athletics...equate to something being inconvenient?
No business is going to close for good because it had to wait four more weeks...

If they open up and THEN have to close again...yea...that'll kill em dead. Unemployment and Gummint checks will take of the rest ...for a while

The rest IS just inconvenience

Stupid Herr Lesh

Small business advocates and even Baker’s own Republican party trashed the reopening plan, saying it could potentially “crush” the economy. “If you’re a billion-dollar business or national retail chain all is well. If you are a Massachusetts small business, you could be facing a continued shut down well into July,” Mass. Fiscal Alliance spokesman Paul Craney said. “Many of our favorite retail stores, lodging facilities, restaurants, bars, gyms and museums will simply go out of business.”

I tell you what. You prove to me that your lockdowns definitively have saved lives.
First:

Tell us what evidence would compel you to believe this. Be very specific. Nobody wants to waste their time on an idiot just blowing smoke.

So...the evidence?

Well, that would be the problem I'm highlighting, isn't it? Lockdown proponents keep asserting that what they want "saves lives", but they never offer any proof that that's true. Off the top of my head, I can't imagine how one even WOULD prove such a thing, but since I'm not the one making the claim and demanding everyone simply accept it as fact and make public policy based on it, that's really not my problem, is it?

Feel free to just start out by showing me whatever it was that you based your assertion on, and we can go from there. I presume you DID have something other than your own assumptions, right?

I think Trump's continued bleating about payroll tax cuts (to be permanent, or so he hopes) has seniors worried about Social Security and Medicare. And how they will be paid for.
You are full of shit. Trump wanted to suspend payroll taxes as a stimulus against COVID-19. The word permanent never crossed his lips.
You know that suspending income tax would do nothing to help people who need help. You have 36 million people suddenly with no income, so how would cutting their taxes help anybody.

And those that are working, can't use a tax cut to spur spending, because only essential businesses were open.

You lose.
The report details what can reopen immediately, including manufacturing, construction and places of worship. Retail and office spaces, as well as beaches, parks and some athletic fields will be next to open on May 25.

You stupid idiot. I live Here. Did you read it? Phase 2 at best is 3 weeks away and restaurants and gyms cannot open til Phase 3 so at best in July. And even then at partial capacity. Did you even read the article? You are a typical ignorant leftist who has zero economic acumen and you’re a liar.
You stupid idiot. I live Here. Did you read it? Phase 2 at best is 3 weeks away and restaurants and gyms cannot open til Phase 3 so at best in July. And even then at partial capacity. Did you even read the article? You are a typical ignorant leftist who has zero economic acumen and you’re a liar

Grow up, loser.

All so you can get a burger and a beer on a whim and feel good about your life. Good on you, loser.
50% was in nursing homes so it is closer to 45k and average age of death is 82. Spare me. You're a Leftist coward. Hide under your bed. No one is forcing you to go out.
Provide a link to your claim that the average age of death from Covid-19 is 82. I don't believe you.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

A coward is one who can't handle a few months of mild adversity and inconveniences to their lifestyle.

Absolutely. You still have your life.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

No.
LOL....Derp...
Yes!
You whiny little bitches have cried from the beginning.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

Provide a link to your claim that the average age of death from Covid-19 is 82. I don't believe you.

What age are you thinking that it is?

"In literally every way possible"
Correct. Every way possible. The federal government's responsibility here is fairly narrow and straightforward. And he has failed to implement every single recommendation. So we wasted 2 months of lockdown while trump shit tweeted and binged on FOX News. A historical failure. History will not be kind to him.

So what I hear you saying is, "I have nothing specific that he's done wrong. He's just wrong because I want him to be!!!! And by the way, I don't like his tweets, so that PROVES he's wrong about EVERYTHING!!!"

This message thread is already not being kind to you.

I tell you what. You prove to me that your lockdowns definitively have saved lives.
First:

Tell us what evidence would compel you to believe this. Be very specific. Nobody wants to waste their time on an idiot just blowing smoke.

So...the evidence?

Well, that would be the problem I'm highlighting, isn't it? Lockdown proponents keep asserting that what they want "saves lives", but they never offer any proof that that's true. Off the top of my head, I can't imagine how one even WOULD prove such a thing, but since I'm not the one making the claim and demanding everyone simply accept it as fact and make public policy based on it, that's really not my problem, is it?

Feel free to just start out by showing me whatever it was that you based your assertion on, and we can go from there. I presume you DID have something other than your own assumptions, right?

Exactly like the stats they used for the Obama Jobless recovery.
They created the "created or saved jobs" idea to keep intelligent people from being able to quantify .

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

Why do you keep pointing to nursing homes as if they don't matter?

Because to you they don't. They're expendable to make your life feel " normal" again.
Because the solution is better care in those facilities and not locking down the rest of the country. I have never even been inside a nursing home. Its like punishing all drivers because some drivers drink and drive. Does not make any logical sense. Our nursing homes are awful and that needs to be fixed and this has shined a bright light on that. Now Cuomo is being investigated. Me going to a gym has zero to do with death rates in nursing homes.
Me going to a gym has zero to do with death rates in nursing homes.
Wrong, dope. Where do you imagine the cases in nursing homes come from?
The staff. The same staff that will now go to your gym, restaurant, stores..etc.

So you test the staff. Durrrr.....How is me going to the gym impact that staff member?
So you test the staff. Durrrr.....How is me going to the gym impact that staff member?
Uff....There aren't enough tests for even the Senate to get tested, dope.
Nursing homes are private institutions they can order them. I can get tested right now in MA if I want to. Only dope here is you. You don't punish the country because nursing homes cannot get their act together you cowardly leftist.
Nursing homes aren't even the issue.There are tens of millions of Americans who are at risk. As everything opens, far more people will be exposed and will expose others. Those people at risk must go out as well. They have lives and jobs.
The issue isn't that things are opening. It's how they're opening and not following any guidelines or have any measures in place to mitigate any potential outbreaks.
You fuckers won't even wear a mask.

This is all about the left wing conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.

You need to lay off the drugs! People over 60 know that their Medicare and Social Security are safe with Trump but don't wan their funds spent on illegals, which is all the Dems are offering.
I don't do drugs. Who mentioned Medicare or Social Security? Safe with trump? One thing I know for sure, if you are dead you do not get to collect either. Take Kentucky for example. 7,935 cases total with the vast majority between the ages of 20 and 59 then the number of cases drops off, but of the 346 deaths (and that is a darn nice job in my book) from Covid-19 in the state of Kentucky, 316 have been people over 60. That is all but 30 of the 346 deaths in the entire state. It is similar all over the country, the young get them most case, but they give it the older generation who do the vast majority of the dying. Trumps theory is we need to get the economy going so everybody needs to get back to work, to support his economy. Fine for the under 60 crowd. It's not killing them much, but they spread it through interactions to mom, dad, grandma and granddad. The governor of that state is not in a big hurry to open up full blast. I think old people dying bothers him. The prevailing attitude of trump people, even on the right wing news stations, websites and this board included is older American should basically suck it up and take one for the gipper. I don't think trump gives a rat's but about older people or his followers would not be following his lead. I'll take my time and take precautions and you won't catch me dead in Georgia and Ohio, Texas, or Florida and I really like Florida. As those and other trump states to go back business as usual while their daily death tolls are appalling.

Hey shit for brains, our governor is a libtard DEMOCRAT. I have to travel for medical care. I just skip eating because my food is not available in many restaurants and those are all closed. The hotel I used for these stays almost went bankrupt. What makes you think I support the closure of the state? It cost my daughter and daughter-in-law their jobs for two months. My coworkers and I have not worked since March 23rd and no indication that will change.
Hey shit for brains, our governor is a libtard DEMOCRAT. I have to travel for medical care. I just skip eating because my food is not available in many restaurants and those are all closed. The hotel I used for these stays almost went bankrupt. What makes you think I support the closure of the state? It cost my daughter and daughter-in-law their jobs for two months. My coworkers and I have not worked since March 23rd and no indication that will change.
Your lifestyle takes a hit but you get to live.
That's not enough for you though.You want your lifestyle back at the cost of others lives.

Where did you get that stupid idea?

The people dying are old people who already have one foot in the grave.
Can't be any clearer than that.
"Let them die".
You could never be a military man. You don't understand there are times when not everyone survives.
You mean military men don't hide under their beds because of a bad cold virus?
Yes they do. The USS Teddy Roosevelt crawled into Guam with infected sailors on March 27, and they are still hiding out there.

"Let them die".
You could never be a military man. You don't understand there are times when not everyone survives.
You're an idiot with a child's understanding of the world.

I was in the military. I can hurry up and wait for a long time. Without bitching.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

Lower than 82.

This is all about the left wing conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.
Ill be voting for Trump. Biden has yet to exit his basement or pick a VP. The only policy of his that you like is that he is not Trump. You’re a troll.
As is your right. You calling me a troll is like the pot calling the kettle black. I will consider it as another example of the over exuberance of youth, kid.
Your only reason to vote for Biden is that he is not Trump. What should I call that? Do tell.
Voting in my own best interests and as I see the best interests of the country, without as much drama, less antagonism, better foreign policy and hopefully a better relationship between the different branches of government and departments is what I call it. I have learned everything seems to work out if you keep you $hit together, continue to work toward your personal goals and keep your enemies list very short. Worked for me.
Biden is an awful candidate. Democrat party is idiotic for pushing that loser.
I like him, so I'm voting Democrat this time. I'll Go With Joe in 2020! This was a non-paid political message recomending Joe Biden for President in 2020. I personally approve this message.
I like Tom Hanks movies. If he runs I ll vote For him...same logic.
Actually I had no idea that Tom was: an American politician who served as the 47th vice president of the United States from 2009 to 2017 and represented Delaware in the U.S. Senate from 1973 to 2009. A member of the Democratic Party, Biden is the presumptive Democratic nominee for president in the 2020 election. He unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 1988 and in 2008.
Or that Tom: studied at the University of Delaware before receiving his law degree from Syracuse University.[2] He became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970. He was elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972 when he became the sixth-youngest senator in American history. Was reelected six times and was the fourth-most senior senator when he resigned to assume the vice presidency in 2009.[3]
As a senator, was a longtime member and eventually chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. He opposed the Gulf War in 1991 but advocated for U.S. and NATO intervention in the Bosnian War in 1994 and 1995, expanding NATO in the 1990s, and the 1999 bombing of Serbia during the Kosovo War. He argued and voted for the resolution authorizing the Iraq War in 2002 but opposed the surge of U.S. troops in 2007. He has also served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention, and civil liberties, as well as the contentious U.S. Supreme Court nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas. Biden led the efforts to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act.

I had no idea that Tom Hanks the actor (pretty smart guy and really really good actor) had these kinds of qualifications and thank you for the opportunity to bring it to the forefront. But, since Tom Hanks isn't running against trump this time I'll Go With Joe in 2020! This was a non-paid political message recommending Joe Biden for President in 2020. I personally approve this message.
:cool:
In other words, Joe has never had a real job, has failed in every government job he was given, and has not accomplished a single thing which qualifies him as being President except taking a huge suction on Obama's nether orifice.
Reads like a pretty darn good record, and from memory from years ago (the say those are best, but can't remember what you had for breakfast) remember his name coming up often and not in a bad way. I like hist history of working with Republicans to get things done, not like the jerks up there on both sides of the aisle today. So you say government service to the people of his state and country has been a long term dedication? Hey, I only I only had two main careers over the 40 something years working and both used crossover skills gained in the other one. I like people who can settle on something they are pretty good at and be a long term benefit, continuing to gain knowledge and experience along the way and showing reasonably steady progression, don't you. Kind of like the military, don't you think? "Obama's nether ofifice"? Aren't you a little old for an anal fixation. We've talked. You're a more literate man than that.

I was speaking about Biden. His record is quite a bit different because wiki leaves out all of his failures, like claiming to be first in his law school class when he almost finished last, plagiarizing speeches, getting his ass beaten soundly in every Democrat primary he entered, and a few I may have forgotten.

Yep. Once Trump embraced the "let them die" policy, quite a few Americans realized their interests were no longer represented.
Another liberal who doesn't understand the importance of a good economy.

Trump was trying to keep the markets from crashing. He knew that mentioning the possible coming pandemic too many times could cause investors to get the jitters.

Why don't you libs ever give Trump credit?
Sure. At the cost of lives. There is a way to do it while preserving both the economy and lives. Trump just isn't doing that.

I tell you what. You prove to me that your lockdowns definitively have saved lives. Then you prove to me that reopening will not cost any lives in and of itself. And THEN we will talk about "at the cost of lives".

Anyone who allows you to just assert that the debate parameter is "My wishes are life-saving, and yours aren't" is almost as big a moron as you are. Prove that your view of things is correct before demanding that we talk as though it were.
WTF?
Are you serious? Obviously it has. Things are opening why?
Because the number of new cases has plateaued due to people being at home of course.
Once that ends. The trend reverses almost immediately. Wait a few weeks and check back in.

WTF? Are you serious? "Obviously it has, because . . . well, I see it that way, so that must mean it's obvious." So you're basically admitting that all this time, you've been screaming about how eeeeevil other people are and how morally superior you were, it was based on nothing but your ASSumptions.

Things are opening up because the lockdown did what it was actually designed to do, which was NOT "save lives", but merely to delay the spread of infections. No one has ever disputed that. But delaying when someone gets infected and dies is not the same as preventing them from EVER getting infected and dying.

If you want to huddle in your house being utterly useless and irrelevant to the world, knock yourself out. I doubt anyone is going to come knock down your door and drag you out, because I doubt you ever contributed anything that would make anyone notice your existence. But DO NOT have the unutterable gall to lecture us about how "morally superior" you are for "saving lives when you want to kill Grandma" on the basis of nothing more than "It just sounded so logical to me".

"Let them die".
Yes they do. The USS Teddy Roosevelt crawled into Guam with infected sailors on March 27, and they are still hiding out there.

No, they are not. They are back at sea and 5 sailors have tested positive for COVID-19 for a second time. They had to be removed, again.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

GE​
Number of DeathsShare of deathsWith underlying conditionsWithout underlying conditionsUnknown if with underlying cond.Share of deaths
of unknown + w/o cond.
0 - 17 years old
9​
0.06%
6​
3​
0​
0.02%​
18 - 44 years old
601​
3.9%
476​
17​
108​
0.8%​
45 - 64 years old
3,413​
22.4%
2,851​
72​
490​
3.7%​
65 - 74 years old
3,788​
24.9%
2,801​
5​
982​
6.5%​
75+ years old
7,419​
48.7%
5,236​
2​
2,181​
14.3%​
TOTAL
100%​
11,370 (75%)​
99 (0.7%)​
1,551 (24.7%)​
25.3%​

You don't believe anything as you are a leftist.

You lose.

Grow up, loser.

Lower than 82.
1589914126358.png

e
Bullshit. You have zero economic acumen. One snow day kills many businesses like restaurants. 4 weeks?!?!?! You truly are an idiot. People are standing in food bank lines. All because we cannot provide safety in nursing homes. You suck, Herr Lesh.
You've obviously never owned a small business. I DO. Starting and stopping again would be far worse than waiting a couple more weeks

.You piece of shit. And this thing is a bit more than a bad cold.

100,000 people don't die of colds

Forum List

Back