Trump Launches The ‘War On Christmas’ In July

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

Is it that time of year already?

President Donald Trump caused the name of a holiday to trend on social media over the weekend ― just not the one most Americans are about to celebrate.

Speaking at an event to honor veterans and celebrate faith just days ahead ofIndependence Day, Trump brought up Christmas.

“I remind you that we’re going to start staying ‘Merry Christmas’ again,” the president said at the “Celebrate Freedom” event at the Kennedy Center on Saturday night.

Trump was speaking about the role of faith in American politics, including the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious freedom, when he fired off what might be the earliest-ever salvo in the so-called “war on Christmas.”

While many of his followers were filled with the holiday spirit ― in July ― others were mystified by the random shoutout to a holiday still nearly six months off, causing #MerryChristmas to rise like Santa’s sleigh through Twitter’s list of trending topics:

More: Trump Launches The 'War On Christmas' In July

Wow, firecrackers and Merry Christmas at the same time? I'm a little confused...

Gregory G. Allen‏ @GregoryGAllen
Seriously? #MerryChristmas in July? OHHHH - I get it. @realDonaldTrump knows he won't be around in December to say it. #ImpeachTrump

DDsvDWOXgAQmpj_.png

Okay, I get it now.

President Donald Trump caused the name of a holiday to trend on social media over the weekend ― just not the one most Americans are about to celebrate.

Speaking at an event to honor veterans and celebrate faith just days ahead ofIndependence Day, Trump brought up Christmas.

“I remind you that we’re going to start staying ‘Merry Christmas’ again,” the president said at the “Celebrate Freedom” event at the Kennedy Center on Saturday night.

Trump was speaking about the role of faith in American politics, including the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious freedom, when he fired off what might be the earliest-ever salvo in the so-called “war on Christmas.”

While many of his followers were filled with the holiday spirit ― in July ― others were mystified by the random shoutout to a holiday still nearly six months off, causing #MerryChristmas to rise like Santa’s sleigh through Twitter’s list of trending topics:

Wow, firecrackers and Merry Christmas at the same time? I'm a little confused...

Agreed - you are so easily confused.

Isn't the war on Christmas the result of the MSM, Academia, Hollywood? Ya know the usual suspects, all the while supporting the mythology of the OT to the point there is a grotesque 3 story Menorah (the original symbol of the planetary deities jews worshipped-later representing victory of the White man) in front of the White House (and in more and more small town USA) each winter. :p

When did we stop? People are free to say whatever they want INCLUDING Happy Holidays, if they so desire. That's where the war really comes in, some RWNJs want to stop people from saying anything but Merry Xmas.

Do you hate Harry Miller too?

What exactly is turd-blossom going to do? Order stores to put Merry Christmas on their signs rather than Happy Holidays? I don't think so blow-hard-cowardly-lion.

You watch this and wonder "when, when are conservatives EVER going to escape from this nonexistent fantasy world they live in that has never existed?" These weirdos see an enemy in every shadow, around every corner, on Mars, in helicopters, in Starbucks who make RED CUPS WITHOUT GODDAMN SNOWFLAKES for the conservative snowflakes!!

I'm thinking drumpf will soon appoint a Czar of Social Harmony and Jesus Stuff, and their job will be to go around to stores with a list of slogans that they have to put on signs, cups, shirts, posters, billboards, tv ads, and hats of course.

People in the insane asylums who watch tv must watch Trump and think "I could do that. Why am I here?"

What exactly is turd-blossom going to do? Order stores to put Merry Christmas on their signs rather than Happy Holidays? I don't think so blow-hard-cowardly-lion.

You watch this and wonder "when, when are conservatives EVER going to escape from this nonexistent fantasy world they live in that has never existed?" These weirdos see an enemy in every shadow, around every corner, on Mars, in helicopters, in Starbucks who make RED CUPS WITHOUT GODDAMN SNOWFLAKES for the conservative snowflakes!!

I'm thinking drumpf will soon appoint a Czar of Social Harmony and Jesus Stuff, and their job will be to go around to stores with a list of slogans that they have to put on signs, cups, shirts, posters, billboards, tv ads, and hats of course.

People in the insane asylums who watch tv must watch Trump and think "I could do that. Why am I here?"

Amen!

The use of government bullyism against Americans when ever a liberal got offended, had been taken to the extreme in this country. It had gotten so bad that the backlash or push back is apparently now responsible for the fears echoed in these threads by the leftist (who were empowered once upon a time by the government offices in which they controlled), and in which they used and abused specifically in hopes to crush any and all Christianity from engaging equally within the so called public square. Trump is going to roll the bullcrap back, and we are all going to watch the left go bonkers while it gets done... YESSSSS !!!!!

. Shouldn't the title have said "Trump is launching a war for Christmas" ??

This is no doubt because of the crap dished out by the far-left who believe that the words "Merry Christmas" offends some and should be changed. I don't give a damn if the words Merry Christmas offends some, and I'm an Atheist.

<<pfffft>>

as if donny tic tacs has any credibility when it comes to the 'christian' faith; nor does he fool anybody with a single working brain cell.

123fb263c1158759f2aec323abacd790.png

I'm still curious as to what would cause a little baby Jesus nativity in a store window to bring a hostile offense to a liberal and involve the ACLU? If those on the left want to say that everyone is free to say, demonstrate, and practice what they believe during the Christmas holidays then you can start by dropping the lawsuits against those who only want to demonstrate what they want to believe during the Christmas season. We don't need a bunch of extra sensitive liberals with tolerance issues, dictating how Christians or Jews ought to express their own faith during that time of the year. If you don't happen to believe in their particular religion... that's fine, but you have no right to keep those of faith from choosing how they wish to run their business or express their faith.

where's bill o'reilly to help ol' donny out with the war???

oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................... he was big on being a christian too, wasn't he?

Forum List

Back