Trump Needs to Take Responsibility to Save His Reelection, But it's Probably too Late

Much like 2016, 2 very flawed candidates.

I'd get an absentee ballot, but it wouldnt' be worth the postage to send it back in.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was, but I've said from before he threw his hat in the ring, he's too old. I ignore all this "Biden's losing his mind" crap; it's by the same folks who said Hillary was a dying drunk and Michelle Obama was a man. But campaigning is grueling and so is running the country. Biden is a decent guy and I tend to agree with the Democratic party more lately than the Republicans, but I wish someone else were on the ticket. I really do. I don't think he'll make it through a term, so I'm going to pay VERY close attention to his VP pick.

Biden is much more flawed than Hillary. Hillary never had to have Bill step in during her interviews to keep her on track or remind her of what was being asked. Biden is toast. It is pure gas lighting at this point to pretend he is capable of being President. And, he wont be the nominee in my opinion.
I don't have tv, so I miss out on the televised speeches. What is this talk of his wife having to keep him on track? You got a link to the whole whatever it was?
the video has been posted on this forum in several threads,,for you to miss it is your self imposed ignorance,,,,
Gee, thanks. I guess I'll just chalk it up to more "Michelle has a penis" talk then. I'm not hunting every lunatic thread on this board to prove YOUR point.
no need to go that far,,just go to the biden threads,,,

and only a person that chooses to be ignorant dismiss's video proof of the person themselves...
Nope. I'm not doing your work.
its not my work,,,its your job to stay informed or shut the fuck up least you be mocked for your ignorance,,,
I was trying to stay informed by asking you to share where you got your knowledge of Biden's wife needing to steer him through ... whatever it was. I don't know the context of that--was it a co-interview with the two of them? Why was she REALLY there? Did she have to steer him or was she just adding to the discussion?

What's most likely is that you never saw it, are only repeating negative gossip you heard from other Trump supporters, and are using a whole lot of energy trying to make it my fault that you can't back up your statements.
the fact is his mind is so far gone his wife and others should be dragged into a court room to answer for elder abuse and profiteering off his name,,,

LOL...well that show's just how ridiculous 45% of the country is...doesn't it!!!

Trump supporters like to reference TDS. I don't think they realize how widespread it truly is. It's what cost the Republicans the House in 2018.
The first mid-term election in just about EVERY administration has the other party making strong gains, Toro! Barack Obama got (in his words) shellacked in his first mid-term! The Democrats lost a historic number of seats in both the House and Senate.

Come on, Toro...you know as well as I do that Trump always seems to fool the polls! Why that is I'll leave to the so called experts! All I know is every time a poll shows him losing...he wins.

So you're saying that he won every state in the 2016 primary and general elections that showed him losing in the polls?

Do you want to wager on how quickly we rebound from this recession? Do you think it's going to linger for the better part of a decade like The Great Depression did under FDR's policies?

We will not be back at the same GDP levels by November as we were in January.

That's not Trump's fault. And they've done a pretty good job with the stimulus package.

But the economy will not be fully recovered until there is a widely available vaccine, which won't be until the back half of next year.
So you grudgingly admit that the economy WILL be coming back by November? Will you also admit that it will be strongest in Red States not as affected by the Corona virus? Any guess how that will affect people's outlook in the Blue States who's economies have not recovered as much?

I'm not grudgingly admitting anything. I want the economy to do well.

But it won't be. It will rebound but we will still be in a prolonged recession/depression.

And it's hard for a President to be re-elected during a recession.

Come on, Toro...you know as well as I do that Trump always seems to fool the polls! Why that is I'll leave to the so called experts! All I know is every time a poll shows him losing...he wins.

So you're saying that he won every state in the 2016 primary and general elections that showed him losing in the polls?

I'm saying that the polls missed what was happening in the 2016 election! I don't think people respond honestly to pollsters anymore. Either that or the pollsters are skewing their polls. Take your pick!

By some estimates, the economy is down by 30% annualized.

A depression is defined as a deep and prolonged economic downturn.

It is the deepest and will be the longest since the 1930s.

You think this is going to last nearly a decade?

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.

Accept responsibility for what? Obviously the virus isn't Trump's fault. Based on the information coming out of China and the resources available to him at the time Trump responded as well as any administration possibly could.

If anything, I blame Democrats. While the virus was making its way across the world, most of America's attention was diverted to a politically motivated impeachment that everyone knew never had a chance of succeeding due to lack of concrete evidence. During the impeachment, Trump was already taking steps in January to slow the virus while Democrats criticized his every move, including Joe Biden calling him xenophobic for banning flights from affected areas. Trump talked about the virus during his State Of The Union speech while Nancy Pelosi stood behind him and tore his speech up like a petulant child. Weeks after Trump declared a national health emergency Democrats were still encouraging large crowd gatherings.

There is absolutely nothing to gain by Trump taking responsibility for fault that isn't his. If he did, that would be a sound bite Democrats would play repeatedly up until November while the MSM ignores the Democrats own egregious mishandling of the virus.

Trump might be a narcissist, but so was Obama. Most people that make it that far in life have a hint of narcissism. As for Trump's combative nature with the MSM, I like it. I'm tired of the blatant lies and the unfounded accusations of racism. It's about time we have someone not afraid to call them out and give it right back. Trump's tweets hurt no one. But lies told by Pelosi, Schummer and the rest of their ilk hurt America (how much of our hard earned tax dollars did they waste with impeachment???).

Unfortunately, the only thing I agree with your OP is the November election is not a sure win for either side. Even with Joe Biden's obvious declining mental capacity, Democrats will vote for him. The MSM will continue to lie and push the Liberal narrative that Trump is bad for America. The false narrative of racism and white supremacy will continue to be pushed on the America people. Democrats will push any lie, false narrative and BS story in order to win in November, and half of America will buy it.

Do you want to wager on how quickly we rebound from this recession? Do you think it's going to linger for the better part of a decade like The Great Depression did under FDR's policies?

We will not be back at the same GDP levels by November as we were in January.

That's not Trump's fault. And they've done a pretty good job with the stimulus package.

But the economy will not be fully recovered until there is a widely available vaccine, which won't be until the back half of next year.
So you grudgingly admit that the economy WILL be coming back by November? Will you also admit that it will be strongest in Red States not as affected by the Corona virus? Any guess how that will affect people's outlook in the Blue States who's economies have not recovered as much?

I'm not grudgingly admitting anything. I want the economy to do well.

But it won't be. It will rebound but we will still be in a prolonged recession/depression.

And it's hard for a President to be re-elected during a recession.
I ask again...who would you want to see in charge of things in a recession...the guy that gave us one of our best economies ever before this pandemic shut down the whole world...or the guy that was playing second fiddle in the administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression?

saying that the polls missed what was happening in the 2016 election!
That's not really accurate. The polls came pretty close to the final popular vote result, and many nailed it within their margin of error. What was off were the algorithms used to determine "percentage likelihood of winning", as they were based heavily on rolling poll results. The polls severely narrowed in a short amount of time in the month before the election, throwing off those algorithms.

... when the number of available tests are 75,000 and President Trump says there are 1 million tests, and that everybody who needs a test will get tested, then yes, it'a a lie. And a lie that matters. Lives depend on it.
Where is your link? Oh,, you don't have one. You are just repeating what MSNBC and CNN told you to say.
Not for nothing, Rich...but how old is that article? It's citing 200 US cases and 12 deaths? That's from weeks ago, dude!
That's because President Trump told the lie about the number of tests and that everybody that needed one would get tested, weeks ago.

... when the number of available tests are 75,000 and President Trump says there are 1 million tests, and that everybody who needs a test will get tested, then yes, it'a a lie. And a lie that matters. Lives depend on it.
Where is your link? Oh,, you don't have one. You are just repeating what MSNBC and CNN told you to say.
Not for nothing, Rich...but how old is that article? It's citing 200 US cases and 12 deaths? That's from weeks ago, dude!
That's because President Trump told the lie about the number of tests and that everybody that needed one would get tested, weeks ago.

You still have not explained a failure of a test supplier to meet a promised benchmark equates to a lie by the President. Last chance, dumbass!

Much like 2016, 2 very flawed candidates.

I'd get an absentee ballot, but it wouldnt' be worth the postage to send it back in.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was, but I've said from before he threw his hat in the ring, he's too old. I ignore all this "Biden's losing his mind" crap; it's by the same folks who said Hillary was a dying drunk and Michelle Obama was a man. But campaigning is grueling and so is running the country. Biden is a decent guy and I tend to agree with the Democratic party more lately than the Republicans, but I wish someone else were on the ticket. I really do. I don't think he'll make it through a term, so I'm going to pay VERY close attention to his VP pick.

Biden is much more flawed than Hillary. Hillary never had to have Bill step in during her interviews to keep her on track or remind her of what was being asked. Biden is toast. It is pure gas lighting at this point to pretend he is capable of being President. And, he wont be the nominee in my opinion.
I don't have tv, so I miss out on the televised speeches. What is this talk of his wife having to keep him on track? You got a link to the whole whatever it was?
the video has been posted on this forum in several threads,,for you to miss it is your self imposed ignorance,,,,
Gee, thanks. I guess I'll just chalk it up to more "Michelle has a penis" talk then. I'm not hunting every lunatic thread on this board to prove YOUR point.
no need to go that far,,just go to the biden threads,,,

and only a person that chooses to be ignorant dismiss's video proof of the person themselves...
Nope. I'm not doing your work.
its not my work,,,its your job to stay informed or shut the fuck up least you be mocked for your ignorance,,,
I was trying to stay informed by asking you to share where you got your knowledge of Biden's wife needing to steer him through ... whatever it was. I don't know the context of that--was it a co-interview with the two of them? Why was she REALLY there? Did she have to steer him or was she just adding to the discussion?

What's most likely is that you never saw it, are only repeating negative gossip you heard from other Trump supporters, and are using a whole lot of energy trying to make it my fault that you can't back up your statements.
the fact is his mind is so far gone his wife and others should be dragged into a court room to answer for elder abuse and profiteering off his name,,,
1587235683831.png

Biden like Obama will surround himself with the best of the best and not think he's smarter than them all

A. If you think Obama surrounded himself with the best of the best you're simply drinking another flavor of Kool-Aid that the Trump supporters are

B. Name some of these best of the best Biden will surround himself with.
I'm informed but not that well informed but I'm sure he can come up with a real economist not a Kudlow or a real housing expert not some doctor Carson Devos education ?? Are you kidding me?? Perry secretary of Energy?

48 to 46?...is that a combination of polls....including the CNN and NBC polls...if you are going to hang your hat on polls you will be disappointed just like in 2016...when you average the polls of today with the same pollsters from 2016 you get a different picture...but come on 2 PERCENTAGE POINTS....Buuuuuaaahahahaha

You're the one that brought up Trump's polls. You're also the one that said compare Trump's polls to Obama's polls.

They are right there in front of you. But you refuse to believe them because they don't fit with your preconceived biases.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.

Accept responsibility for what? Obviously the virus isn't Trump's fault. Based on the information coming out of China and the resources available to him at the time Trump responded as well as any administration possibly could.

If anything, I blame Democrats. While the virus was making its way across the world, most of America's attention was diverted to a politically motivated impeachment that everyone knew never had a chance of succeeding due to lack of concrete evidence. During the impeachment, Trump was already taking steps in January to slow the virus while Democrats criticized his every move, including Joe Biden calling him xenophobic for banning flights from affected areas. Trump talked about the virus during his State Of The Union speech while Nancy Pelosi stood behind him and tore his speech up like a petulant child. Weeks after Trump declared a national health emergency Democrats were still encouraging large crowd gatherings.

There is absolutely nothing to gain by Trump taking responsibility for fault that isn't his. If he did, that would be a sound bite Democrats would play repeatedly up until November while the MSM ignores the Democrats own egregious mishandling of the virus.

Trump might be a narcissist, but so was Obama. Most people that make it that far in life have a hint of narcissism. As for Trump's combative nature with the MSM, I like it. I'm tired of the blatant lies and the unfounded accusations of racism. It's about time we have someone not afraid to call them out and give it right back. Trump's tweets hurt no one. But lies told by Pelosi, Schummer and the rest of their ilk hurt America (how much of our hard earned tax dollars did they waste with impeachment???).

Unfortunately, the only thing I agree with your OP is the November election is not a sure win for either side. Even with Joe Biden's obvious declining mental capacity, Democrats will vote for him. The MSM will continue to lie and push the Liberal narrative that Trump is bad for America. The false narrative of racism and white supremacy will continue to be pushed on the America people. Democrats will push any lie, false narrative and BS story in order to win in November, and half of America will buy it.
LOL and Trump and his ilk are all truth tellers?? The worst liars ever to step foot into the WH

Forum List

Back