Trump supporters like the attitude

The wall will be built, illegals will be deported, and we'll take our jobs back from China and Mexico don't worry yourself about it we'll clean up the establishments mess.
...and when we've purified the fatherland together, the master race will dominate the world.[/QUOTE]

mexican-gangs.jpg

Are Trump supporters true ideologues? Why do they flock to Trump?

When the Tea Party movement began seven years ago, they proclaimed themselves to be dyed in the wool Conservatives, dedicated to the orthodoxy of Conservative values. Smaller government, tax cuts across the board (except for the poor who would receive a radical tax hike), a reduction, if not end, to entitlement programs and a fervent defense of social issues like abortion and Gay marriage.

All these positions are in Ted Cruz's back pocket.

Why hasn't Cruz benefitted from massive Tea Party support? And, more interestingly, why has Donald Trump?

Are the Trump supporters enthralled by Trump's policies, or his swagger, his attitude, his anger and his bite?

Are those the qualities Trump supporters admire? Are Trump's policies sufficiently Conservative to pass muster with the Tea Party?

Has the right wing abandoned its political purity test, a test they used against Republican incumbents as they 'primaries' so many of them out of office? Or are they in love with the tough talk? So much in love to forget their own principles?

Style or substance? It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

You have no clue about the "tea party".

“DC establishment” - meaning you're sick of elected officials acting like statesmen, doing what's best for the country by placing country over party, and pursuing sound responsible governance.

Those are strange things to be 'sick' of.

Nope, that wouldn't be it at all. What I am sick of is them lining their pockets. Going in with nothing and coming out (IF they come out) with millions. Why do you think they are freaking so much over Trump? Think they want to lose that gravy train???

Oh...how many sitting House And Senators have lost their primary elections this year?

None that I know of. What does that have to do with it?

Well if you Trump supporters are tired of career politicians lining their pockets, why are you guys still voting for them?

I'm not.

Not what? A trump supporter? Okay....are you voting for any incumbents this year?

Nope, that wouldn't be it at all. What I am sick of is them lining their pockets. Going in with nothing and coming out (IF they come out) with millions. Why do you think they are freaking so much over Trump? Think they want to lose that gravy train???

Oh...how many sitting House And Senators have lost their primary elections this year?

Well if you Trump supporters are tired of career politicians lining their pockets, why are you guys still voting for them?

I'm not.

Not what? A trump supporter? Okay....are you voting for any incumbents this year?

You know what? You are trying to pick a fight where there is none. I have not made up my mind yet, other than I shall never vote for Hillary.
Maybe I just won't vote. My prerogative, AND my decision...alone. I am in a wait/see mode. Not too crazy about Cruz.
I have thought that about the DC establishment for a long time...btw. It is not new.

I'm not.

You know what? You are trying to pick a fight where there is none. I have not made up my mind yet, other than I shall never vote for Hillary.
Maybe I just won't vote. My prerogative, AND my decision...alone. I am in a wait/see mode. Not too crazy about Cruz.
I have thought that about the DC establishment for a long time...btw. It is not new.

Its incredibly bewildering trying to figure out the mind of a republican these days.

I'm not.

Its incredibly bewildering trying to figure out the mind of a republican these days.

Same here...especially since I am not a Republican. I am not a Party person, period.

I'm not.

Same here...especially since I am not a Republican. I am not a Party person, period.

It's more bewildering trying to figure out conservative values...

It's more bewildering trying to figure out conservative values...

I am sorry you have a hard time. I don't get liberal values.

When the Tea Party movement began seven years ago, they proclaimed themselves to be dyed in the wool Conservatives, dedicated to the orthodoxy of Conservative values. Smaller government, tax cuts across the board (except for the poor who would receive a radical tax hike), a reduction, if not end, to entitlement programs and a fervent defense of social issues like abortion and Gay marriage.

Why hasn't Cruz benefitted from massive Tea Party support? And, more interestingly, why has Donald Trump?

Are the Trump supporters enthralled by Trump's policies, or his swagger, his attitude, his anger and his bite?

Are those the qualities Trump supporters admire? Are Trump's policies sufficiently Conservative to pass muster with the Tea Party?

Has the right wing abandoned its political purity test, a test they used against Republican incumbents as they 'primaries' so many of them out of office? Or are they in love with the tough talk? So much in love to forget their own principles?

Style or substance? It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

It's a cult of personality.

Just like in 2008, when Democrats were dumb enough to fall for the same phenomenon.

It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

Trump is nothing compared to Hillary. She let four men die with no backup. She let her husband prey on women unabated. She kept 2000+ classified emails on her server and deleted them, with 22 of them being too sensitive to declassify.

Just like in 2008, when Democrats were dumb enough to fall for the same phenomenon.

Maybe some were. I was ambivalent between him and McCain. Ended up voting for Nader. Then again, I'm an independent.

He's makes fun of women, people with birth defects, calls Mexicans rapists, and is a disgusting human being. That appeals to some people
Being employed also appeals to some people.
Are people really stupid enough to think electing Trump president will get them a job??

The wall will be built, illegals will be deported, and we'll take our jobs back from China and Mexico don't worry yourself about it we'll clean up the establishments mess.

...and when we've purified the fatherland together, the master race will dominate the world.[/QUOTE]

You libs have Nazi on the brain, I think we all know why.

It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

Trump is nothing compared to Hillary. She let four men die with no backup. She let her husband prey on women unabated. She kept 2000+ classified emails on her server and deleted them, with 22 of them being too sensitive to declassify.

Because she could. Why would you think someone as openly hateful and asinine as Trump be any different with that kind of power?

That's what is truly tragic about the Trump candidacy. Hillary really is one of the worst candidates Democrats have ever put forward, and the Republicans are making it very likely that she will win. It's as though there is something inherent in the two-party system that drives each party to nominate the worst candidate that could possibly win.

The questio9n is not who is better or who is worse. The question is about the ideology of Trump supporters. Whether those supporters are the same ideologically pure Tea Party types who caused a rift in the GOP or those supporters simply are attracted to the style of Donald Trump.

The Tea Party began a purge of what they saw as RINOS and drove many incumbent Republicans out of their seats through the primary process. Are these the same rock ribbed ideologues now in Trump's camp? If so, why did their firm belief in Tea Party values get tossed aside for the likes of Trump?

Were those values so dear, or are they expendable if offered a tough talking, vulgar man such as Donald Trump?

This is the stupidest post I have ever read. WTF, over. Its obvious to me that the OP hasn't looked out his window in about two decades.
That is not an argument.

I will help you.

NO, Trump supporters are NOT ideologues.

Ideologues, Ideally are trying to use Ideology to find a system of ideas that give quick but effective answers to issues with limited time or information.

The goal is the interests of the nation and it's citizens.

THe reality is that Conservatism, at least as we have been practicing it over the last few decades has failed to deliver the expected results.

We see this especially with the issues of Immigration and Trade.

Thus, the underlying desire to serve the National Interest is being manifested as NATIONALISM.

Trump's supporters are Nationalists.

Forum List

Back