Trump Tweeted Pictures Claiming "The Start" Of His Border Wall, But It Was Actually An Old Project

:21:

Trump Tweeted Pictures Claiming "The Start" Of His Border Wall, But It Was Actually An Old Project

President Trump on Wednesday tweeted that he had been briefed about "the start of our Southern Border WALL" and included pictures depicting construction for the project, but there was one slight problem with the announcement. The images tweeted by the president were not of his long-promised wall, but a months-long project to replace existing portions of a wall along Calexico, California.

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg
pretty common these days to put up any pic at all to represent what is being talked about. for buzzfeed to bitch about this is funny cause on their front page we find:

The Leaders Of North Korea And South Korea Will Meet At A Historic Summit In April
pretty sure that's not an actual occurrence of them shaking hands when they've not met yet.

A Former Russian Spy And His Daughter May Have Been Poisoned At Their Front Door, UK Police Say
pretty sure that's just them, NOT them being poisoned by the russians.

The NYPD Is Arguing, Once Again, That Punishments For Police Misconduct Must Remain Secret
i see no police misconduct here? is this just a representative picture??? I THINK IT IS!!!

yet when you hate someone, it's different.

Holy shit, is this a serious post?

My only question is you clearly expect us to believe this nonsense, but do you believe it yourself?

:21:

President Trump on Wednesday tweeted that he had been briefed about "the start of our Southern Border WALL" and included pictures depicting construction for the project, but there was one slight problem with the announcement. The images tweeted by the president were not of his long-promised wall, but a months-long project to replace existing portions of a wall along Calexico, California.

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg
pretty common these days to put up any pic at all to represent what is being talked about. for buzzfeed to bitch about this is funny cause on their front page we find:

The Leaders Of North Korea And South Korea Will Meet At A Historic Summit In April
pretty sure that's not an actual occurrence of them shaking hands when they've not met yet.

A Former Russian Spy And His Daughter May Have Been Poisoned At Their Front Door, UK Police Say

The NYPD Is Arguing, Once Again, That Punishments For Police Misconduct Must Remain Secret
i see no police misconduct here? is this just a representative picture??? I THINK IT IS!!!

You have really stepped up you Trump defense mode these days.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
and i'm sure you see it that way.

did you look at the other 3 articles? do they not do the same? it just happens to be a pet peeve of mine due to my being a journalism photographer in my college years to make sure the picture matches the story. hell no it does not here. but neither do the pics i pulled from the 3 articles i stated. the russian spy and his daughter is a stretch yes cause that would be a hard one to have an actual pic of so bio pics are commonly used. the others are fair examples of simply using a pic that illustrates the overall story but is not the actual event in question.

so i'm more bagging on the articles that do this but unfortunately it's just become common and normal now. but, still a pet peeve of mine.

but you think what you want.

No, the articles do not do the same thing as Trump did.

Take the first article for example, while the story is about a future meeting between SK and NK they have a very clear caption under the picture stating what it is.

Now, look at Trump’s tweet, do you see a caption under the picture letting the viewer of the tweet know the wall pictured was not actually what the tweet was speaking of? Do you see anything in the tweet from Trump that would lead the reader of the tweet to know the picture did not depict what the tweet was about?

C'mon now, that takes an ounce of critical thinking skills.

He's a trump supporter and clearly does not possess those capabilities. Should we really hold that against him?

did you look at the other 3 articles? do they not do the same? it just happens to be a pet peeve of mine due to my being a journalism photographer in my college years to make sure the picture matches the story. hell no it does not here. but neither do the pics i pulled from the 3 articles i stated. the russian spy and his daughter is a stretch yes cause that would be a hard one to have an actual pic of so bio pics are commonly used. the others are fair examples of simply using a pic that illustrates the overall story but is not the actual event in question.

so i'm more bagging on the articles that do this but unfortunately it's just become common and normal now. but, still a pet peeve of mine.

Take the first article for example, while the story is about a future meeting between SK and NK they have a very clear caption under the picture stating what it is.

Now, look at Trump’s tweet, do you see a caption under the picture letting the viewer of the tweet know the wall pictured was not actually what the tweet was speaking of? Do you see anything in the tweet from Trump that would lead the reader of the tweet to know the picture did not depict what the tweet was about?

He's a trump supporter and clearly does not possess those capabilities. Should we really hold that against him?
Just because Trump supporters on USMB are that stupid does not mean all Trump supporters are that stupid.

so - you demand critical thinking skills then dump yourself into HE'S A TRUMP SUPPORTER!

maybe you should practice what you demand from others, goofus.

The Corrupt Democratic Party is against the border wall because it is using illegal alien voters to cancel-out the votes of American citizens.
Dems are against the Right to Vote.
Dems are against democracy.
Dems are bad for America.

The Corrupt Democratic Party is against the border wall because it is using illegal alien voters to cancel-out the votes of American citizens.
i'm against the wall because i don't like the message it sends. it's a reactionary move, not a solution.

i'm against the wall because i don't like the message it sends. it's a reactionary move, not a solution.

All countries control their border crossings.
All countries control their immigration.
No country allows as much illegal immigration as America does.
No country allows non-citizens to vote in their elections.

All countries control their border crossings.
All countries control their immigration.
No country allows as much illegal immigration as America does.
No country allows non-citizens to vote in their elections.
we control our border crossings also - just not very well. but pretty sure if i take a highway to mexico i'll be checked going into mexico and coming back.
yes, our immigration is a mess. both sides are to blame for not fixing a core issue but reverting to blaming the other side for all our problems in the world.
we don't allow it either. some may, i'm sure they do. but now we're off bullet hunting.
and boom. blame the other side.

hate is bad for this country. the rest of us are just people living here, or trying to.

Just because Trump supporters on USMB are that stupid does not mean all Trump supporters are that stupid.

No, you're right. The 1% know what they're supporting by supporting Trump. But anyone that supports him that isn't the 1% is just as dumb as the morons here.

so - you demand critical thinking skills then dump yourself into HE'S A TRUMP SUPPORTER!

maybe you should practice what you demand from others, goofus.

Are you not a Trump supporter?

His supporters will say...." Is it not a picture of a wall? Is it not being built? I don't see the problem with his statement"
A project that started in 2009 that he's taking credit for.

And you don't see the problem?

Is it moist and slick where your head is?

A wall won't keep out all illegals, but it will keep out some. It's a deterrent.

Forum List

Back