Trump wanted 90 days to sort out his immigration policy...

This needs to be settled. Trump says he needs that power. The conservative 4th Appeals in a 10-3 decision upheld the ban.

So SCOTUS, settle it: that's what you all hired to do.

So the court might hear the case in October. Maybe. That's way past the 90 days Trump said the government needed to "figure out what's going on." It will be over 300 days from Trump's order before the SC issues a decision. Is Trump so incompetent that he won't have "figured out what's going on" by then?

The calendar is irrelevant at this time, it's all about the precedent. The supremes can't have the courts second guessing presidential security decisions. They will overturn the lower courts.

So the court might hear the case in October. Maybe. That's way past the 90 days Trump said the government needed to "figure out what's going on." It will be over 300 days from Trump's order before the SC issues a decision. Is Trump so incompetent that he won't have "figured out what's going on" by then?

The calendar is irrelevant at this time, it's all about the precedent. The supremes can't have the courts second guessing presidential security decisions. They will overturn the lower courts.

Only if they want to open a religious test can of worms, 1st amendment be damned. Maybe with Gorsuch, Trump will make America a puritanical monster again.

Of course they can. The question is if they will uphold, reject, or return the case to the lower courts. I hope it is not the latter.

The question is if they will uphold, reject, or return the case to the lower courts. I hope it is not the latter.
It would be a cluster fuck of the 1st order

Nation is already divided enough, SCOTUS won't be kicking the can down the road on this one

Law seems clear to me, but I don't trust this court under Roberts, having Gorsuch helps, but I won't be shocked either way they rule

unless they send it back, that would shock me...

Laughable. What a waste of everybodies time.
Agree, Trump's lawful EOs should have been left intact to start with

Good point baw

Except they weren't lawful. He fucked himself when he stated on the campaign trail that he was going to ban Muslims from the U.S. What part of "there shall be no religious test" do you not get?
No religious test is for federal office holders.. Not for immigrants.

No Religious Test Clause - Wikipedia

Only if they want to open a religious test can of worms, 1st amendment be damned. Maybe with Gorsuch, Trump will make America a puritanical monster again.

You damn fool, foreigners who have never set foot on US soil have no first amendment rights. No judge has the authority to confer them.

The question is if they will uphold, reject, or return the case to the lower courts. I hope it is not the latter.

Nation is already divided enough, SCOTUS won't be kicking the can down the road on this one

Law seems clear to me, but I don't trust this court under Roberts, having Gorsuch helps, but I won't be shocked either way they rule

unless they send it back, that would shock me...
Good analysis. I hope they don't send it back.

You damn fool, foreigners who have never set foot on US soil have no first amendment rights. No judge has the authority to confer them..
Foreigners here legally do have such rights, one of those being able to go about their business lawfully in the country and out of it and back.

You damn fool, foreigners who have never set foot on US soil have no first amendment rights. No judge has the authority to confer them.

Hey what's that part of the 1st amendment that says there shall be no law respecting the establishment of.... hmmm.... could you tell me what that part says? Could you?

It would keep things as they are now, and things are completely fine. Don't be a drama queen.
Not necessarily

If they send it back, they are essentially asking the lower court to revise their decision-making telling them they got it wrong and need stronger grounds to justify the 1st ruling

A remand would be seen as a "win" for Trump as it would likely force the lower court to come up with another reason to rule against the EO, which would be tough to do legally

It would be a shit show, not sure how anyone could disagree with this...

Of course they can. The question is if they will uphold, reject, or return the case to the lower courts. I hope it is not the latter.

I don't think they will leave it to the lower courts, they know they'll have to address it sooner or later, I think they'll opt for the sooner. The question it too important to let it linger.

Last edited:

Hey what's that part of the 1st amendment that says there shall be no law respecting the establishment of.... hmmm.... could you tell me what that part says? Could you?
I've got a request for you, please connect the dots and explain how thus has anything to do with establishing a religion

Laughable. What a waste of everybodies time.
Agree, Trump's lawful EOs should have been left intact to start with

Good point baw

Except they weren't lawful. He fucked himself when he stated on the campaign trail that he was going to ban Muslims from the U.S. What part of "there shall be no religious test" do you not get?
No religious test is for federal office holders.. Not for immigrants.

No Religious Test Clause - Wikipedia

I'm quoting Reince Preibus's defense of Trump.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...n-trumps-immigration-ban-not-a-religious-test

Immigration has been under the sole authority of the executive branch. If the Court finds otherwise it will have to rewrite substantial parts of the law.

Then I guess you need to take it up with all these federal judges who seem to know less than you do.

You damn fool, foreigners who have never set foot on US soil have no first amendment rights. No judge has the authority to confer them..
Foreigners here legally do have such rights, one of those being able to go about their business lawfully in the country and out of it and back.

That's not in dispute in this case.

Forum List

Back