TrumpGas™

Fake news.

He could open the petroleum reserves.

He's incompetent.

That's not what the reserves are for. That's a stupid complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're our reserves. Paid with taxpayer money.

You want to leave it to the Washington elites to decide when you can get your own gas.

Sheep.

The problem is not oil, the problem is refined gasoline. We have access to plenty of oil, but due to environmentalist extremists, have not built a new refinery in decades. That means that when a big refinery goes offline, as is the case in Texas, gas prices go up. Releasing the reserves would do nothing do the price of gas. But you should have known that.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

More refineries could be built if oil companies wanted them. They don't. That's because they've improved efficiency so much, they don't think they need them.

Prove me wrong.

Prove yourself right. Research the response every proposed new refinery got since the 70's.

It's your assertion, ass-serter. That leaves YOU the burden of proof. YOU post those alleged "proposed new refineries".

Cue crickets in four...... three...... two.......

Prove me wrong then, retard. Show exactly the economic forces that made gas rise to $4.00.

You started the thread asshole. Show me how Trump is responsible for gas price today .
He is the President
Of course. Why don't these conservatives understand this simple fact?

LMAO. Liberal Logic. Trump is president so he's responsible for the price of gas. But when Obama was president high gas prices were the previous president's fault. You guys are a fucking joke. :biggrin:

Are you really that dumb in real life?

Why do you think they call it TrumpGas?

You think Trump would allow his prestigious name to be used on a product he has no control over?

You're joking, right? You really are this effing stupid. Wow.

You started the thread asshole. Show me how Trump is responsible for gas price today .
He is the President

LMAO. Liberal Logic. Trump is president so he's responsible for the price of gas. But when Obama was president high gas prices were the previous president's fault. You guys are a fucking joke. :biggrin:

You think Trump would allow his prestigious name to be used on a product he has no control over?

Trump would not put his name on any product if he did not have complete control

Just like Trump University

He is the President

Trump would not put his name on any product if he did not have complete control

Just like Trump University

So I went in for RumpGas™ the other day....

Couldn't find any gas pumps. I asked the clerk where they were, he said "we don't sell gas products, diesel or petroleum solutions ---- we sell feelings".

I got a six-pack of Discontent and left.

That's not what the reserves are for. That's a stupid complaint.

You want to leave it to the Washington elites to decide when you can get your own gas.

Sheep.

The problem is not oil, the problem is refined gasoline. We have access to plenty of oil, but due to environmentalist extremists, have not built a new refinery in decades. That means that when a big refinery goes offline, as is the case in Texas, gas prices go up. Releasing the reserves would do nothing do the price of gas. But you should have known that.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

More refineries could be built if oil companies wanted them. They don't. That's because they've improved efficiency so much, they don't think they need them.

Prove me wrong.

Prove yourself right. Research the response every proposed new refinery got since the 70's.

It's your assertion, ass-serter. That leaves YOU the burden of proof. YOU post those alleged "proposed new refineries".

Since you said I should disprove your assertion, which was that oil companies don't want more refining capacity because they don't think they need it, let's look at what they HAVE been doing.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...neries-since-the-1970s-but-capacity-has-grown

This article makes it clear that oil companies, far from restricting capacity, have been EXPANDING capacity at existing refineries. So, I've met your initial demand.

Loud crickets in here.

Now, why expand existing instead of building new? Obviously, it's easier and cheaper. But hey, it's not like they face sustained, expensive opposition from groups that force the prices to drag on for decades and cost millions, right?

Sheep.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

Prove me wrong.

Since you said I should disprove your assertion, which was that oil companies don't want more refining capacity because they don't think they need it, let's look at what they HAVE been doing.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...neries-since-the-1970s-but-capacity-has-grown

This article makes it clear that oil companies, far from restricting capacity, have been EXPANDING capacity at existing refineries. So, I've met your initial demand.

Loud crickets in here.

Now, why expand existing instead of building new? Obviously, it's easier and cheaper. But hey, it's not like they face sustained, expensive opposition from groups that force the prices to drag on for decades and cost millions, right?

No shit Sherlock -- that's what I told you. They don't need new ones when they get more out of the old ones.
DUH.

Then you're off to "obviously because everybody knows" speculation fallacies. You lose.

And btw from your own link:

>> While the number of operating refineries has fallen from 254 in 1982 to 137 in 2011, the operating capacity of today's 137 facilities is over 830,000 barrels per day more than it was in 1982. Basically, while we've watched 117 refineries close, capacity has risen. (The Energy Information Administration's earliest records date to 1982.)

Moreover, since 1985, when refinery capacity hit a low of 14.7 million barrels per day, we've seen over three million barrels of capacity added, or the equivalent to 23 average modern day facilities. A stark contrast to the misleading tidbit about having no new refineries built since the 1970's. So while we haven't seen new refineries open in new locations, we have virtually added the capacity of 23 of today's average size facilities—and that is nothing to scoff at. <<​

Sent from my brain using Synapses that I thought everybody had

Last edited:
So I went in for RumpGas™ the other day....

--- they gave me a receipt but it turned out to be completely plagiarized from a 2012 speech by Michelle O'bama :wtf:

Hurricane Harvey Forces Even More Texas Oil Refineries To Close

More refinery outages and port closures were reported on Tuesday. The storm has returned to the Gulf of Mexico and is now a Tropical Storm. Over four feet of rainfall has already hit cities like Corpus Cristi. As a result, S&P Global Platts estimates that around 2.33 million barrels a day of Texas refining capacity is now closed and with some refiners cutting production rates, that figure is likely to go even higher. If those cuts hit 50% of capacity, that would put the total downed capacity at 3.36 million barrels per day, meaning that 18% of the U.S. total oil supply is on hold.

A little thing like a Hurricane cut refinery production drastically...........but the op doesn't give a crap about that.
Blah blah blah.

The people are used to ObamaGas™. They like the low, low price of ObamaGas™. This expensive TrumpGas™ may be fine for his slack-jawed cult, but Real Americans are pissed.

Where is his leadership? He is failing America.
LOL. Obama nor Trump control the prices.................Under bush massive speculation of commodities drove the dang prices up.

In this case the Refineries were damaged.

Southern gasoline pipeline to shut down due to Harvey

The pipeline, a crucial artery in the nation’s fuel supply network, provides nearly 40 percent of the South’s gasoline.

Among the reasons: About one-quarter of the Gulf Coast’s oil refining capacity was taken offline, according to the Oil Price Information Service.

The storm also prompted at least eight Texas refineries to shut down, according to AAA. Nearly one-third of the nation’s refining capacity is along the Gulf Coast from Corpus Christi, Texas, to the Lake Charles area.

Colonial Pipeline has not indicated how long it expects the closure to last, saying it will know more when workers can evaluate its facilities.

Half of the 26 refineries that connect to Colonial’s pipeline system are between storm-ravaged Houston and Lake Charles, which is just east of the Beaumont-Port Arthur metro area.
Fake news.

He's incompetent.
The Idiocy flows with this poster child for liberal insanity. Oil from the reserves must be refined. Can't pump the oil directly into your car. No new refineries have been built for decades. Only expanded. The refineries were damaged and thus capacity is much lower.

Nice try, but no cigar.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

Prove me wrong.

Loud crickets in here.

No shit Sherlock -- that's what I told you. They don't need new ones when they get more out of the old ones.
DUH.

Then you're off to "obviously because everybody knows" speculation fallacies. You lose.

>> While the number of operating refineries has fallen from 254 in 1982 to 137 in 2011, the operating capacity of today's 137 facilities is over 830,000 barrels per day more than it was in 1982. Basically, while we've watched 117 refineries close, capacity has risen. (The Energy Information Administration's earliest records date to 1982.)

Moreover, since 1985, when refinery capacity hit a low of 14.7 million barrels per day, we've seen over three million barrels of capacity added, or the equivalent to 23 average modern day facilities. A stark contrast to the misleading tidbit about having no new refineries built since the 1970's. So while we haven't seen new refineries open in new locations, we have virtually added the capacity of 23 of today's average size facilities—and that is nothing to scoff at. <<​

You said more efficient. Simply building more capacity is not efficiency. They need more capacity, which you said they didn't want, but don't build new ones, which I said was made impossible. I thought that was obvious.

Tell you what, find me an environmental group that would not fight a new refinery tooth and nail.

The pipeline, a crucial artery in the nation’s fuel supply network, provides nearly 40 percent of the South’s gasoline.

Among the reasons: About one-quarter of the Gulf Coast’s oil refining capacity was taken offline, according to the Oil Price Information Service.

The storm also prompted at least eight Texas refineries to shut down, according to AAA. Nearly one-third of the nation’s refining capacity is along the Gulf Coast from Corpus Christi, Texas, to the Lake Charles area.

Colonial Pipeline has not indicated how long it expects the closure to last, saying it will know more when workers can evaluate its facilities.

Half of the 26 refineries that connect to Colonial’s pipeline system are between storm-ravaged Houston and Lake Charles, which is just east of the Beaumont-Port Arthur metro area.
Fake news.

He's incompetent.
The Idiocy flows with this poster child for liberal insanity. Oil from the reserves must be refined. Can't pump the oil directly into your car. No new refineries have been built for decades. Only expanded. The refineries were damaged and thus capacity is much lower.

Nice try, but no cigar.

That's correct. Fewer, bigger refineries isn't such a good thing when some of them are knocked out of service. Better to have more of them so less capacity is damaged.

More refinery outages and port closures were reported on Tuesday. The storm has returned to the Gulf of Mexico and is now a Tropical Storm. Over four feet of rainfall has already hit cities like Corpus Cristi. As a result, S&P Global Platts estimates that around 2.33 million barrels a day of Texas refining capacity is now closed and with some refiners cutting production rates, that figure is likely to go even higher. If those cuts hit 50% of capacity, that would put the total downed capacity at 3.36 million barrels per day, meaning that 18% of the U.S. total oil supply is on hold.

A little thing like a Hurricane cut refinery production drastically...........but the op doesn't give a crap about that.
Blah blah blah.

The people are used to ObamaGas™. They like the low, low price of ObamaGas™. This expensive TrumpGas™ may be fine for his slack-jawed cult, but Real Americans are pissed.

LOL. Obama nor Trump control the prices.................Under bush massive speculation of commodities drove the dang prices up.

Trump is the President

He is responsible for the price of TrumpGas
Just like Jimmy Carter was held responsible for the rising gas prices and inflation while he was President

Blah blah blah.

Trump is the President

Just like Jimmy Carter was held responsible for the rising gas prices and inflation while he was President
Carter was responsible for allowing our people to rot in Iran for 444 days......................and Carter was pushing fixes that didn't end STAGFLATION.............which is the LEGACY TERM for PEANUT HEAD.

I remember the gas lines.............and rationing of gas because of Iran..................and it was because of this the Strategic Oil reserves were created.

Iran held us over a barrel, and it worked because of the idiocy of Carter.

Blah blah blah.

Trump is the President

Carter was responsible for allowing our people to rot in Iran for 444 days......................and Carter was pushing fixes that didn't end STAGFLATION.............which is the LEGACY TERM for PEANUT HEAD.

I remember the gas lines.............and rationing of gas because of Iran..................and it was because of this the Strategic Oil reserves were created.

Those people came back alive. While Rambo style military action would have been dynamic, it also could have led to serious loss of life. Carter was patient, took the abuse and ended up with living hostages

There was runaway inflation during Carters term. Gas prices rose from 32 cents to 57 cents, Carter was held responsible

Just like Trump is responsible for the price of TrumpGas

Blah blah blah.

Trump is the President

Those people came back alive. While Rambo style military action would have been dynamic, it also could have led to serious loss of life. Carter was patient, took the abuse and ended up with living hostages

There was runaway inflation during Carters term. Gas prices rose from 32 cents to 57 cents, Carter was held responsible

They were returned right as Reagan was coming into office..................Reagan had stated they were gonna get hit................

Carter was inept, and the taking of our embassy was an act of War. He did try to rescue them................very late in the game.but it failed.

We now deal with Iran and their rise to regional power directly due to Carter policy.

I paid $1.87 for ObamaGas and he was just a community organizer

This $2.69 TrumpGas is a disgrace

Blah blah blah.

Trump is the President

They were returned right as Reagan was coming into office..................Reagan had stated they were gonna get hit................

Carter was inept, and the taking of our embassy was an act of War. He did try to rescue them................very late in the game.but it failed.

We now deal with Iran and their rise to regional power directly due to Carter policy.

Carter was President in 1953?

And then 28 years later he got the hostages released. Man, he gets around.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

Prove me wrong.

Loud crickets in here.

DUH.

You said more efficient. Simply building more capacity is not efficiency. They need more capacity, which you said they didn't want, but don't build new ones, which I said was made impossible. I thought that was obvious.

Tell you what, find me an environmental group that would not fight a new refinery tooth and nail.

I don't need to prove the positive. YOU need to prove the causation you asserted. And you can't do it.

Fake news.

He's incompetent.

Nice try, but no cigar.

That's correct. Fewer, bigger refineries isn't such a good thing when some of them are knocked out of service. Better to have more of them so less capacity is damaged.

Go bitch to the oil companies. It's their decision.

Running refineries is a volatile bidness; they're not about to operate at higher cost than they can get away with.

Lotta wags don't seem to understand -- oil companies are profit-based, capitalist businesses. Their responsibility is to their shareholders, not to any country they happen to operate in.

I paid $1.87 for ObamaGas and he was just a community organizer

This $2.69 TrumpGas is a disgrace
I'm sure their are idiots out there that would actually buy your snake oil. Good luck finding them.

We elected Donnie Dealmaker because he knew how to get us better deals

Obama was just a community organizer from Kenya and he was able to get us ObamaGas for $1.87 a gallon
What is the problem with Donnie Dealmaker? He has an Exxon CEO on his cabinet. Why can't he get us TrumpGas for $1.87 and make Mexico pay for it?

Forum List

Back