Trump's approval rating is skyrocketing as we speak.

View attachment 410146

View attachment 410147

That is not the important numbers. Likely Voters is all that Matters. Biden can win the popular Vote by 6 and Trump still Takes the Electoral College
Let's say that's the case, and let's say Biden wins the popular vote 53% to 47%, and Trump loses the popular vote for the second time.

Trump would win, again, even though more Americans voted for his opponent, again.

Electoral College aside, what are your thoughts regarding what We The People want?

That's a really good question.

Something else came up, that I heard catching part of a radio documentary on the Electoral College (it's such a weird system when you think about it). Time also did a good article on it.

It concludes with:
In light of this more complete (if less flattering) account of the electoral college in the late 18th and early 19th century, Americans should ask themselves whether we want to maintain this odd—dare I say peculiar?—institution in the 21st century.

It's very rare for the EC and popular vote to go to different candidates, but it's happened several times now in recent history...close together. So you have to start to wonder, if it happens again...is this a good thing? You are having the leader of a country chosen by an increasingly smaller number of people.
The EC exists to protect the smaller states, otherwise the pols would only care about the 3 or 4 big states.
Each of the 50 state's EC vote number is based on the census, so the Electoral College is more than fair, state-by-state.
View attachment 410179

Nope- The EC is the last vestige of slavery.

Why should a vote in Wyoming population half a million carry 2-3 times the weight of a vote in Texas or California?

That's a new one.

The EC is slavery. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Folks and it keeps climbing and climbing. Another 0 . 3 rise in the Last hours. We are already at 45.6! So likely WE will be pushing 46 tomorrow. This thing is OVER. ! Tomorrow will be one Heck of a night.

Trump won in 2016 by 80,000 votes. Spread across three states

The likelyhood of that happening again is nearly impossible if all the votes get counted

This is why Democrats have to change the system to be more democratic and courts and senate to be reflective of the will of the people...

GOP will bitch and say they are destroying Norms... So fucking what, GOP don't give a fuck what the people believe... The Senate was elected with 55% Dem and 44% GOP and they acted like they have a mandate... The President lost the Popular vote by 2.1% and has acted like a King and has stated he is answerable to now one...

538 has him back at 45.3 Points among likely voters. That is almost a 5 Point surge over the last 2 month. In the Last 2 weeks alone he gained way over two Points. Given the trend he will sit at around 45.5 Points tomorrow. That is only 0.5 below is 2016 starting point and within his margin of error. I am sorry to break the news for You but Trump has this thing locked up. Yes Biden will win the popular vote by a wider margin than Clinton. But Trump has enough support in the bag to secure the Electoral College.

Did you mean "I am proud and exalted to say that president Trump has this thing locked up".

Then I agree.

It is a serious question. Data, that you love shows 85% of the NBA consists of black persons. The population is currently 6% (black males). So based on DATA (your word) the NBA would be racist. Correct? Don't cower. Answer the question.

I don’t take orders from thugs like you. This isn’t a serious question. No intelligent person would see this as a rational argument.

Folks and it keeps climbing and climbing. Another 0 . 3 rise in the Last hours. We are already at 45.6! So likely WE will be pushing 46 tomorrow. This thing is OVER. ! Tomorrow will be one Heck of a night.
I must have missed the post from which this information derived.
Can you save me time and post the source ?

538, Gallup Has Trump at 46 AS Well, though theirs Id s few days old. So given the trend It IS likely even higher. Doesn't matter though. 45-46 is what Trump needer for reelection. IT was Close but he got there Just in Time.

538, Gallup Has Trump at 46 AS Well, though theirs Id s few days old. So given the trend It IS likely even higher. Doesn't matter though. 45-46 is what Trump needer for reelection. IT was Close but he got there Just in Time.
Is this one accurate ?

View attachment 410146

View attachment 410147

That is not the important numbers. Likely Voters is all that Matters. Biden can win the popular Vote by 6 and Trump still Takes the Electoral College
Let's say that's the case, and let's say Biden wins the popular vote 53% to 47%, and Trump loses the popular vote for the second time.

Trump would win, again, even though more Americans voted for his opponent, again.

Electoral College aside, what are your thoughts regarding what We The People want?

That's a really good question.

Something else came up, that I heard catching part of a radio documentary on the Electoral College (it's such a weird system when you think about it). Time also did a good article on it.

It concludes with:
In light of this more complete (if less flattering) account of the electoral college in the late 18th and early 19th century, Americans should ask themselves whether we want to maintain this odd—dare I say peculiar?—institution in the 21st century.

It's very rare for the EC and popular vote to go to different candidates, but it's happened several times now in recent history...close together. So you have to start to wonder, if it happens again...is this a good thing? You are having the leader of a country chosen by an increasingly smaller number of people.
The thing is, I already know that it wouldn't matter if Trump got HALF the votes Biden did. His flock would give him full carte blanche to continue shoving his entire agenda down our throats, and he sure as hell would.

Sadly, the same probably applies to the other party, as well.

Wingers know what's best for the rest of us, dontcha know.

If Biden wins, I hope he pursues a more centrist approach - a drastic swing to the left, even though I support some of the policies, would just create another pendulum swing.
He picked the most liberal person in the US Senate to be his running mate. Does that sound in any way "centrist" to you, Coyote?

538 has him back at 45.3 Points among likely voters. That is almost a 5 Point surge over the last 2 month. In the Last 2 weeks alone he gained way over two Points. Given the trend he will sit at around 45.5 Points tomorrow. That is only 0.5 below is 2016 starting point and within his margin of error. I am sorry to break the news for You but Trump has this thing locked up. Yes Biden will win the popular vote by a wider margin than Clinton. But Trump has enough support in the bag to secure the Electoral College.
I'm fine with the popular vote, that tells us that most AMERICANS voted against Trump :)....very satisfying. and let's get the house and senate and have a wonderful 4 years driving the orange clown crazy lol.
Don't think that will happen. Trump is the man, if he gets both houses back. He will be unstoppable.

There is a Florida pollster. His name is Matt Towery

He is one that we should be paying attention to. He is used for internal polling by both parties. He always gets it right. He has called other elections correctly. In 2016 he was one of the few pollsters to pick Trump as a national winner. He picked Trump to win Florida five days before the 2016 election..

This time he is picking Trump to do at least a percentage point better, maybe two in Florida than Trump did in 2016.

In polling and assessing other battleground states, Towery is also projecting wins for Trump in Iowa, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona.

There is a Florida pollster. His name is Matt Towery

He is one that we should be paying attention to. He is used for internal polling by both parties. He always gets it right. He has called other elections correctly. In 2016 he was one of the few pollsters to pick Trump as a national winner. He picked Trump to win Florida five days before the 2016 election..

This time he is picking Trump to do at least a percentage point better, maybe two in Florida than Trump did in 2016.

In polling and assessing other battleground states, Towery is also projecting wins for Trump in Iowa, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona.
Awesome

View attachment 410146

View attachment 410147

It's not a democracy, dumbass.

We the people also includes a majority of people in enough states to represent a majority of people.

In theory that means that you could take the presidency with 35% of the popular vote.

Our government is way out of whack.

It was never mean to be this important.

What does california need the feds for anyway.

It is a serious question. Data, that you love shows 85% of the NBA consists of black persons. The population is currently 6% (black males). So based on DATA (your word) the NBA would be racist. Correct? Don't cower. Answer the question.

I don’t take orders from thugs like you. This isn’t a serious question. No intelligent person would see this as a rational argument.
I accept your surrender. Data shows you're a moron.

Forum List

Back