Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year

They "retired" only because they couldn't find work, moron.
No...they retired because their retirement savings and homes recovered from the Wages of Supply Side Idiocy, Part Deux, and they could finally afford to....
Surely, you jest ...

I'm pretty sure you can't fathom the complete idiocy of a statement like that. How is it possible that you are so completely deluded?

I have the S&P soaring from 1335 in Jan 2001 to a lofty 805 by January 2009........new home sales went from about 900,000 per year in 2007 to about 300,000 per year in 2010....

What have you got?
You prove yourself incapable once again ....

First, you claim that all is right with the world and that people retired because they finally can - and then, you post numbers that directly disprove your own statement.

You need to rethink your logic ...
No issues with my logic......which is why you don't cite one.

Your original "criticism" was sufficiently vague that I could not clearly discern the pathology from which you are suffering....

Having dispensed with the need to demonstrate that Supply Side Idiocy Part Deux left the economy, and by extension household net worth, a smoking pyre, I will now close the circle, Hannibal style....

Is it your belief that the values of these asset classes didn't improve thereafter?

snp500-vs-cpi-10y.png

The S&P had recovered all its losses as of late summer, 2013.

Home inventories were falling, and sales recovering by the same year.

The Boomers started turning 65 in 2011.....

LOL ----- you seriously don't really believe this, do you?

Tell me --- just exactly how long will it take for a retiree's investments to return to pre-recession purchase power levels? (The answer is a lot longer than they will be alive).

Your case of economic relativity doesn't support your point ... you need to try again.

Now, as for your pathetic attempt to demonstrate your supposed superior intellect, I would strongly suggest you go back to high school. Your facility with the English language leaves much to be desired. Your attempt to distract from the weakness of your argument by dressing it in folderol is childish at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.

Does that include the welfare an unemployment benefits of Americans who lost their jobs to illegals?

Competitive labor leads to a stronger economy. Next!

Like most proud Americans i hated the idea of illegals coming here to "take our jobs." However, the more I looked at the work they do and the impact of mass deportation, I realized just how important most of them are to the health of our economy.

undocumented workers make up around 67% of farm laborers. Their low salaries keep prices of crops and vegetables down.

The National Milk Producer's Federation forecasted a 61% increase in the cost of milk if their low cost labor pool dried up.

They contributed close to 300 billion in payroll tax to the Social Security trust Fund.

From the perspective of any notable economist, the undocumented worker is helping to maintain our way of life more than they are hindering it!

Awesome how you loons are all for slave labor...haha
How many times does this have to be revisited before you whackos can understand it? Illegal immigrants from Mexico, Central and South America do not yield a net gain for the US...they cost billions on top of billions and your are plain fucking crazy or a beaner yourself if you believe otherwise. They are dead weight and leave nothing but filth behind.
Long before wetbacks American's were working the low iQ jobs. Kids worked on farms, washed dishes and flipped burgers. The Libtard spin is that kids aren't willing to work these jobs...but that's total bullshit. Wetbacks have made these jobs careers, and offered BJ's at the end of shifts all for shit wages...they take what they can get as they're fully aware they can't qualify to work anything requiring iQ and communication skills. They've essentially ran the kids out of these jobs. Wetbacks offer the new age slave labor. If wetbacks didn't exist companies would have to pay whatever wage necessary to encourage real American's to work X jobs and then pass the cost on to the end user...simple economics. If end users aren't willing to pay X amount then X product or service goes away...again, simple economics.
See how easy this is? Keep your head out of your ass and enjoy being truly enlightened. You're welcome.
P.S.- What part of Mexico are you from and how long have you been robbing American taxpayers?
I think your anger is misplaced. Rather than shouting at your monitor why not type a letter to your congressman and insist that the hiring of illegals be made a felony. Don't blame poorf people for coming here to make a better life for themselves blame the traitors who hire them.

I think your anger is misplaced. Rather than shouting at your monitor why not type a letter to your congressman and insist that the hiring of illegals be made a felony. Don't blame poorf people for coming here to make a better life for themselves blame the traitors who hire them.
If we go to the source of illegal immigration.
"If we go to the source of illegal immigration"
Well technically isn't the source or origination point Mexico and the border?
No, monetary incentive is the source of illegal immigration. Stories of how eager American employers are eager to hire and pay spreads like wildfire throughout Latin America. The source is also the cause.

No, monetary incentive is the source of illegal immigration. Stories of how eager American employers are eager to hire and pay spreads like wildfire throughout Latin America. The source is also the cause.

If nobody would hire them they would not come....

Competitive labor leads to a stronger economy. Next!

Like most proud Americans i hated the idea of illegals coming here to "take our jobs." However, the more I looked at the work they do and the impact of mass deportation, I realized just how important most of them are to the health of our economy.

undocumented workers make up around 67% of farm laborers. Their low salaries keep prices of crops and vegetables down.

The National Milk Producer's Federation forecasted a 61% increase in the cost of milk if their low cost labor pool dried up.

They contributed close to 300 billion in payroll tax to the Social Security trust Fund.

From the perspective of any notable economist, the undocumented worker is helping to maintain our way of life more than they are hindering it!

How many times does this have to be revisited before you whackos can understand it? Illegal immigrants from Mexico, Central and South America do not yield a net gain for the US...they cost billions on top of billions and your are plain fucking crazy or a beaner yourself if you believe otherwise. They are dead weight and leave nothing but filth behind.
Long before wetbacks American's were working the low iQ jobs. Kids worked on farms, washed dishes and flipped burgers. The Libtard spin is that kids aren't willing to work these jobs...but that's total bullshit. Wetbacks have made these jobs careers, and offered BJ's at the end of shifts all for shit wages...they take what they can get as they're fully aware they can't qualify to work anything requiring iQ and communication skills. They've essentially ran the kids out of these jobs. Wetbacks offer the new age slave labor. If wetbacks didn't exist companies would have to pay whatever wage necessary to encourage real American's to work X jobs and then pass the cost on to the end user...simple economics. If end users aren't willing to pay X amount then X product or service goes away...again, simple economics.
See how easy this is? Keep your head out of your ass and enjoy being truly enlightened. You're welcome.
P.S.- What part of Mexico are you from and how long have you been robbing American taxpayers?
Find the largest agricultural concern in the country and lock up their CEO for a week for hiring illegals

Jobs will disappear immediately

No need for a wall

Hey fellas... just so I know the type of chareacter I'm dealing with...let me ask you this.
If I left my keys in the ignition of my car and it got stolen did I incentives the thieves and perpetuate the theft?
Did I deserve to have my car stolen?
Just because I made the theft possible should the thieves have stolen my car?
Apples and oranges....right? Thanks for playing.
Notice how when foreigners break our laws the lib douche bags want to put Americans in jail rather than the foreigners.
Are you so dense you can't even see the abject stupidity of what you just said?

There are many ways to debate immigration, but when it comes to economics, there isn’t much of a debate at all. Nearly all economists, of all political persuasions, agree that immigrants — those here legally or not — benefit the overall economy. “That is not controversial,” Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the Economic Policy Institute, told me. Shierholz also said that “there is a consensus that, on average, the incomes of families in this country are increased by a small, but clearly positive amount, because of immigration.”

Whether they benefit some abstraction called "the economy" isn't the issue. Whether they benefit native born Americans is the issue, and they clearly don't. If all the growth goes to the 1% or the immigrants, how does that benefit me?

If illegal immigrants were able to work in Hollywood for only a fraction of the salary that Screen Actor's Guild or Director makes or if Public Sector Unions were allowed to hire cheap illegal immigrant labor and if public schools were allowed to hire illegal immigrants as teachers for a fraction of the cost of someone in the teacher's union, the left would be singing a different tune and be against illegal immigration.

But because illegal immigrants only drives the wages down in the private sector... notably construction, the left could care less.

We've all heard the snowflake lies about the cost of the wall and the cost of illegal immigration. Here's a more credible examination of the facts.

President Donald Trump announced that he will fulfill his campaign promise to build a nearly 2,000 mile long wall (not a fence) along America’s southern border with Mexico.

The idea is that a physical barrier will act as a low-cost deterrent, and will help stem the flow of illegal immigrants entering America via Mexico—the hope is that once an illegal alien (particularly a criminal migrant) is deported, they won’t return.

The plan is simple and time-tested—China’s Great Wall did it’s job, so did Hadrian’s Wall in Roman Britain—and yet it’s come under fire from the mainstream media.

They claim that the wall will be prohibitively expensive, that illegal immigrants contribute to America’s economy (so there’s no reason to deport them), and that the wall won’t work.

They’re factually wrong on all accounts—let’s look at the numbers.

How Much Will Trump’s Wall Cost? $21.6 Billion.
The first question we must address is very straightforward: how much would it cost to build a wall along the Mexican border?

We don’t know for sure (construction costs rarely align with initial estimates), but we have a few good estimates.

Senate leader Mitch McConnell said Congress estimates the wall will cost $15 billion at most—he said it would likely fall within a range of $12 to $15 billion.

However, according to more recent information acquired by Reuters, the border wall will cost $21.6 billion, and will take roughly 3.5 years to build. This is according to a document from the Department of Homeland Security.

It’s probably our best current estimate, and this article will proceed under using this cost assumption.

On the high end (which can’t be totally discounted, given the nature of construction projects), the left-wing advocacy group cum “newspaper” the Huffington Post said the wall would cost roughly $40 billion. Their evidence is based on a study done by MIT (although their assumptions about the size and building materials may be why the projection is so high).

Either way, the cost of the wall pales in comparison to the cost of illegal immigrants in America.

. . . . . . . .

As always Bri you are missing something.
1. How in the world this biased media came up with $148B? Trump said $113B, ABC estimate at $100B.

2. To all Trump supporters. LISTEN CAREFULLY............ Whatever the cost $148B or $100B ................ those cost are inside this country. It is NOT the cost of illegal immigrants coming in.
So if the stupid wall is built........ It doesn't matter the cost $100B is not going away. Got it?

Building a wall VS costing tax payers to support illegals are 2 separate entities.
Meaning the link you provided coming from a biased media is worthless and dumb to make that kind of justification.

Twisted logic to make you feel better?

Today, 11 million illegal aliens cost us $143 B (or whatever number you want to use) --- tomorrow, 22 million illegal aliens cost us $280 B (or twice your fictitious number) .... no wall, the onslaught doesn't stop, and the costs just get higher and higher and higher.

You are exaggerating your fictitious dishonest numbers way too high.

1. Are you telling me that by building a wall....Will eliminate the $143? I don't think so.
2 Without the wall........ by next year or 5 years the number of illegals will double from 12+ to 24 millions? Really?
3. Without the wall Trump will do a lousy job in controlling our borders? Despite the additional 5k BP?

About 8 out 10 Americans believe US will pay for the wall and about 60% oppose building the wall.
How about illegals that violated their visas? That are also taking advantage of the welfare. How are you going to stop that? A net?

UNBELIEVABLE! 480,000 Illegals Overstayed Visas Last Year ⋆ Freedom Daily
they should be renewable annually. why are we not making money on this?

Renewable means they can come back and forth legally as a tourist but lots of them came in for just one purpose........ seek better opportunity.
Actually some tourist do post bond and a round trip tickets which we make money but most just take that as a lost in exchange of hiding..... then try to find a white boy to marry.

Last edited:
We've all heard the snowflake lies about the cost of the wall and the cost of illegal immigration. Here's a more credible examination of the facts.

President Donald Trump announced that he will fulfill his campaign promise to build a nearly 2,000 mile long wall (not a fence) along America’s southern border with Mexico.

The idea is that a physical barrier will act as a low-cost deterrent, and will help stem the flow of illegal immigrants entering America via Mexico—the hope is that once an illegal alien (particularly a criminal migrant) is deported, they won’t return.

The plan is simple and time-tested—China’s Great Wall did it’s job, so did Hadrian’s Wall in Roman Britain—and yet it’s come under fire from the mainstream media.

They claim that the wall will be prohibitively expensive, that illegal immigrants contribute to America’s economy (so there’s no reason to deport them), and that the wall won’t work.

The first question we must address is very straightforward: how much would it cost to build a wall along the Mexican border?

We don’t know for sure (construction costs rarely align with initial estimates), but we have a few good estimates.

Senate leader Mitch McConnell said Congress estimates the wall will cost $15 billion at most—he said it would likely fall within a range of $12 to $15 billion.

However, according to more recent information acquired by Reuters, the border wall will cost $21.6 billion, and will take roughly 3.5 years to build. This is according to a document from the Department of Homeland Security.

It’s probably our best current estimate, and this article will proceed under using this cost assumption.

On the high end (which can’t be totally discounted, given the nature of construction projects), the left-wing advocacy group cum “newspaper” the Huffington Post said the wall would cost roughly $40 billion. Their evidence is based on a study done by MIT (although their assumptions about the size and building materials may be why the projection is so high).

Either way, the cost of the wall pales in comparison to the cost of illegal immigrants in America.

. . . . . . . .

1. How in the world this biased media came up with $148B? Trump said $113B, ABC estimate at $100B.

2. To all Trump supporters. LISTEN CAREFULLY............ Whatever the cost $148B or $100B ................ those cost are inside this country. It is NOT the cost of illegal immigrants coming in.
So if the stupid wall is built........ It doesn't matter the cost $100B is not going away. Got it?

Building a wall VS costing tax payers to support illegals are 2 separate entities.
Meaning the link you provided coming from a biased media is worthless and dumb to make that kind of justification.

Today, 11 million illegal aliens cost us $143 B (or whatever number you want to use) --- tomorrow, 22 million illegal aliens cost us $280 B (or twice your fictitious number) .... no wall, the onslaught doesn't stop, and the costs just get higher and higher and higher.

1. Are you telling me that by building a wall....Will eliminate the $143? I don't think so.
2 Without the wall........ by next year or 5 years the number of illegals will double from 12+ to 24 millions? Really?
3. Without the wall Trump will do a lousy job in controlling our borders? Despite the additional 5k BP?

About 8 out 10 Americans believe US will pay for the wall and about 60% oppose building the wall.
How about illegals that violated their visas? That are also taking advantage of the welfare. How are you going to stop that? A net?

Well, I can see logic isn't your strong suit ....

You rebuttal stinks ..........
What I did old you are facts and reality. No bs. I asked you a very simple questions but you deflected.
No, I didn't deflect ... you failed to comprehend.

If you don't stop the influx of illegal aliens, we will continue to collect: 1) uneducated base laborers, and 2) additions supported by the US safety net.

The numbers used were theoretical - I think you can realistically expect the invasion curve to steepen. What makes you think that allowing more illegals into the country will somehow soften the per capita cost of supporting them? Are we suddenly going to have a flood of PhD's across the border?

Your inability to look at the problem diametrically has caused you to distort reality - or, you've drank too much kool-aid and need to run to the bathroom and relieve yourself ... cuz you sure ain't thinking clearly.

"How about illegals that violated their visas? That are also taking advantage of the welfare. How are you going to stop that? A net?"

Oh we'll get them as well. Right now our primary concern is the lowest grade filth of illegals...you know, the ones who don't have the iQ or cash to come over on a visa...you know, all your buddies from Mexico, Central and South America

Your opinion doesn't mean a diddly shit of credibility coming from a racist piece of shit like you.
Didn't I told you to FUCK OFF?

Easy now buddy....no need for hostility. Remember "the code" of TOLERANCE.
To show that I am tolerant I am still willing to help you with your extreme level of illiteracy and retarded use of the English language by sending you a valid copy of Rosetta Stone. I'm really starting to feel sorry for you as you continue to make a total ass of yourself here. Please accept my gracious offer.

So far this is all what you got insult. Dumb fuck. I will let you know when you are qualified to talk to me. SCUMBAG. Fuck you asshole.

Find the largest agricultural concern in the country and lock up their CEO for a week for hiring illegals

No need for a wall
It's far easier to build a wall. You open-borders douche bags sure are fond of solution that are virtually impossible to implement and that won't work.
How is it easier to build a 2000 mile wall you impertinent little toad? All it would take is several well publicized convictions of employers of illegals accompanied by long prison sentences. All for a third of the cost to buy one fighter jet.

You're naive if you think that's all it would take. For one thing, the minute some Open Borders douche bag got in office, the raids would stop. There weren't any convictions under either Obama or Bush.

For another, how would that stop women coming over with their anchor babies?

Dims will do and say anything to keep the wall from being built. That's how we know it's the right thing to do.
Obama deported more illegals than any other president. In case you didn't know, that is what we do with illegals who have broken no laws other than immigration laws. But here is what the law indicates shouold happen to the criminals who hire aid and abet illegal immigrants:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.45.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.48.02 PM.png

8 U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens

Last edited:

"How about illegals that violated their visas? That are also taking advantage of the welfare. How are you going to stop that? A net?"

Oh we'll get them as well. Right now our primary concern is the lowest grade filth of illegals...you know, the ones who don't have the iQ or cash to come over on a visa...you know, all your buddies from Mexico, Central and South America

Your opinion doesn't mean a diddly shit of credibility coming from a racist piece of shit like you.

To show that I am tolerant I am still willing to help you with your extreme level of illiteracy and retarded use of the English language by sending you a valid copy of Rosetta Stone. I'm really starting to feel sorry for you as you continue to make a total ass of yourself here. Please accept my gracious offer.

So far this is all what you got insult. Dumb fuck. I will let you know when you are qualified to talk to me. SCUMBAG. Fuck you asshole.

Lots of class here, folks ... bring the kids on by and let them see how adults address the critical issues of the day!!

No need for a wall
It's far easier to build a wall. You open-borders douche bags sure are fond of solution that are virtually impossible to implement and that won't work.

No it's not easy to build the wall Bri. Look at the enormous cost and the logistics to build the wall. And we do not have an open borders that you keep plugging in.

$20 billion is a drop in the bucket when you look at the size of the federal budget. The government spends more than that on office supplies. Building a 2000 mile wall would be easier than building a 2000 mile highway the same distance, and we already have Interstate 10 almost parallel to the wall.

The claim that the wall is too expensive or too hard build is just plain bullshit.

The road which is also thousand of miles, heavy equipments, housing for workers, water/electric, purchase of private lands etc etc are not even included. It cost more than $20 billions. Bri.

Well, a concise, mature, and succinct post like this CERTAINLY forwards your position ..... NOT!

Grow up.

Why the fuck you are telling me that? Why don't you tell this red neck inbred fucking asshole to grow the fuck up and stop insulting me in the first place?
His been doing these to me for a while.

I was trying to talk to decently. Now do you want to talk to you trash?

Our exorbitantly expensive drug war in Latin America does not help the situation, either.
Our drug war..ini Latin America? Are you saying some of the posters here are confusing illegal immigrants with refugees caused by our exploits in Latin America?...Please go on...expound.

You're naive if you think that's all it would take. For one thing, the minute some Open Borders douche bag got in office, the raids would stop. There weren't any convictions under either Obama or Bush.

There probably won't be any convictions under Trump, either. The reason why you stupids are being fooled is because the 1% WANT illegal labor. But they know they have to keep you bigots happy by pretending to go through the motions of chasing the brown ones.

Sooo, what part of Mexico are you from and how long have you been stealing from hard working real American's?

hard working Americans arent willing to pick strawberries, and oranges 12 hours a day for min wage. They need a union to make sure farmers arent screwing them.

sooooooooooooo, where and when do start working jobs that an illegal took away from you ?
And if you are ok with the higher food prices that will surely come with American farm laborers... Fine. I'm not advocating one way or the other, I am just throwing the facts out there.

. . . . . . . .
The $148 billion figure is totally bogus. He counts, among other things. $38 billion in remittances. And the tard seems to be oblivious to the fact illegals are not entitled to federal welfare or ObamaCare subsidies.
Should we expand the H1b visa to be more market friendly?

No, I don't need more Indian software coolies competing with me for the same job.
But most likely all of them are far more qualified than you are, stop asking for Affirmative Action to save your job...heh heh heh!

Well, I can see logic isn't your strong suit ....

You rebuttal stinks ..........
What I did old you are facts and reality. No bs. I asked you a very simple questions but you deflected.
No, I didn't deflect ... you failed to comprehend.

If you don't stop the influx of illegal aliens, we will continue to collect: 1) uneducated base laborers, and 2) additions supported by the US safety net.

The numbers used were theoretical - I think you can realistically expect the invasion curve to steepen. What makes you think that allowing more illegals into the country will somehow soften the per capita cost of supporting them? Are we suddenly going to have a flood of PhD's across the border?

Your inability to look at the problem diametrically has caused you to distort reality - or, you've drank too much kool-aid and need to run to the bathroom and relieve yourself ... cuz you sure ain't thinking clearly.

Yes you did stupid. Your rebuttal was just one sentence.

And still you haven't answer any of my simple questions but you came back with another twisted assumptions.
I never distorted the reality..... I gave you facts.
So by adding another 5,000 BP tripling the number of BP we currently have...... will continue the influx of illegals by the millions?

Do you mind answering this simple question?

Lots of class here, folks ... bring the kids on by and let them see how adults address the critical issues of the day!!

What the fuck are you talking about fuck head?

Huh? Come on Danny, don't give up so easily.
What you're really saying is I made too much sense, you can't counter so you'll just bow out of the debate...right?
simply being full of fallacy, really is inferior.

We could be generating revenue with a market friendly visa that expires annually.

It is about capitalism versus socialism on a national basis.

Why be for more, regulation?

Come on Danny....stop the babble and properly engage in the discussion...I don't like watching you being ignored.
Why put foreigners to work here when we can make use of our own desperate bottom feeders?

"Rather than work so hard to come up with clever ways to keep the Mexican filth rolling in why not figure out ways to get our resident filth off the couch, away from the weed and 40oz of King Cobra and out working?
Let's demand that our able bodied welfare recipients pick strawberries and pour concrete in order to keep those EBT cards rolling in?
The win is two fold....Government could offer subsidized labor to employers such as farmers and construction companies while teaching our bottom feeding piece of shits to work and be accountable.....Whatta you say?"
only the right wing never gets it.

why "throw capitalism under the buss" merely for the inferiority of your national socialist point of view?

You're ducking and dodging and making no sense in your babble.
Answer my questions. Don't be scared.
you have nothing but fallacy. with Capitalism, we could be generating revenue to help potentially, lower our tax burden.

all you have is more socialism on a national basis, my goode comrade.
What is the sense in lowering the tax burden for those making more than $250,000 per year while, simultaneously building walls, reducing the work force,
raising interest rates and increasing spending on defense.

There are many ways to debate immigration, but when it comes to economics, there isn’t much of a debate at all. Nearly all economists, of all political persuasions, agree that immigrants — those here legally or not — benefit the overall economy. “That is not controversial,” Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the Economic Policy Institute, told me. Shierholz also said that “there is a consensus that, on average, the incomes of families in this country are increased by a small, but clearly positive amount, because of immigration.”

Whether they benefit some abstraction called "the economy" isn't the issue. Whether they benefit native born Americans is the issue, and they clearly don't. If all the growth goes to the 1% or the immigrants, how does that benefit me?

If illegal immigrants were able to work in Hollywood for only a fraction of the salary that Screen Actor's Guild or Director makes or if Public Sector Unions were allowed to hire cheap illegal immigrant labor and if public schools were allowed to hire illegal immigrants as teachers for a fraction of the cost of someone in the teacher's union, the left would be singing a different tune and be against illegal immigration.

But because illegal immigrants only drives the wages down in the private sector... notably construction, the left could care less.

Which is easier, keeping out some ignorant peasants, or keeping out some well trained armies bent on conquest?

You're missing the point comrade, there is a demand for those ignorant peasants and they will keep coming as long as somebody is willing to hire them. A wall isn't going to stop them since they can simply bring shovels or ladders with them to the promised land (and it's a lot easier for a few immigrants to sneak in under the cover of darkness than it would be for an entire army)

:popcorn:
Actually, that's false ... but, hey, if it helps sell your idea, go ahead and tell it.

It actually works like this ... an employer has a job available. He wants to pay the minimum labor costs so that his product is more competitive. If there are people who will do it for $1 an hour, he will hire them. If there aren't, and all he can find is people who demand $10 an hour, he will hire those.

The truth is much simpler ... YOU are the problem. You're unwilling to pay a price for your lettuce that will support a viable living wage for the field worker. YOU are unwilling to pay a meaningful price for your hamburger that will support the cook. YOU are the problem. The employer is trying to give you what you demand ... cheap food and goods.

I especially enjoy the way you demean them by calling them "ignorant peasants". Does that make you feel superior, or something?

But, of course, we know they are only doing jobs that Americans won't do, right? (I mean --- that's what you leftists say all the time, right?)

Except that isn't true ....

THE MAJORITY OF ILLEGAL WORKERS HOLD SERVICE, CONSTRUCTION, AND MANUFACTURING JOBS

When people claim that these workers are taking jobs that Americans won't do, they ignore these statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2009 averages):
  • 77.7 percent of the 7.75 million workers in food preparation and serving jobs are native-born workers (does not include legal immigrant workers). It is harder to get a job at McDonalds than it is to get into Harvard.
  • 65.8 percent of 5.38 million workers in cleaning and maintenance jobs are native-born workers (does not include legal immigrant workers)
  • 74.5 percent of the 7.45 million workers in construction and extraction jobs are native-born workers (does not include legal immigrant workers)
  • 75.9 percent of the 7.63 million workers in production jobs are native-born workers (does not include legal immigrant workers)
It is clear then, that these ARE jobs that Americans will do, if paid a fair wage.

Jobs Americans Won't Do?

So, we now know that myth isn't true, don't we?

The truth is much, much simpler ... these "ignorant peasants" (as you so blithely call them) will keep coming as long as the social safety net of the US provides them a better life than they have in their home country. They know that, no matter what happens, they will have food and a place to live. They know that they will not only survive on the US safety net, but they will be able to send money back to their families.

In an effort to create a voting base, the Democrat party, and its socialist counterparts, have created a mess that is getting too expensive to maintain.

That's dumb. This just shows that you don't know shit and just pure ignorant.

If nobody would hire them they would not come....

No need for a wall
Tear down the wall

Lock up a single CEO and watch the jobs disappear overnight
10 million people will be moving in the opposite direction

No need for a wall
How is it easier to build a 2000 mile wall you impertinent little toad? All it would take is several well publicized convictions of employers of illegals accompanied by long prison sentences. All for a third of the cost to buy one fighter jet.

"Agreed. The crime of hiring illegals should be aggressively enforced. However, big cities with the populous of illegals have already made it clear that they love their illegals and will not criminalize them...with that said should we believe city officials would demand criminalization of employers? That would be awfully naive of us...no?"
Build the wall and defend it like the Pentagon.
Who is the bigger criminal?
The business owner who makes profit off of low wage illegal workers or some Mexican trying to feed his family?

Who is more likely to be arrested?
Neither is a criminal .... welcome to capitalism.

Should we expand the H1b visa to be more market friendly?

No, I don't need more Indian software coolies competing with me for the same job.

Trump staffed Mar-a-lago with H1b holders, because he said he couldn't find qualified americans to clean rooms.

Trump just said the same thing with his vineyard in Virginia. Last January he requested 6 H1b then this month he increased it to 29. According to his manager only people that applied was from foreign countries which pays $10.20/hr. For Americans to take that kind of starvation wages is impossible.......... I think Trump is right we need more foreign workers.

Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don't want the job

Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don’t want the job
Trump’s immigration crackdown is supposed to help U.S. citizens. For California farmers, it’s worsening a desperate labor shortage.

By NATALIE KITROEFF AND GEOFFREY MOHAN

MARCH 17, 2017 | REPORTING FROM STOCKTON, CALIF.

Arnulfo Solorio’s desperate mission to recruit farmworkers for the Napa Valley took him far from the pastoral vineyards to a raggedy parking lot in Stockton, in the heart of the Central Valley.

Carrying a fat stack of business cards for his company, Silverado Farming, Solorio approached one prospect, a man with only his bottom set of teeth. He told Solorio that farm work in Stockton pays $11 to $12 an hour. Solorio countered: “Look, we are paying $14.50 now, but we are going up to $16.” The man nodded skeptically.

Solorio recruiting workers in Stockton

Play Video
Solorio moved on to two men huddled nearby, and returned quickly. “They were drug addicts,” he said. “And, they didn’t have a car.”

Before the day was through, Solorio would make the same pitch to dozens of men and women, approaching a taco truck, a restaurant and a homeless encampment. Time was short: He needed to find 100 workers to fill his ranks by April 1, when grapevines begin to grow and need constant attention.

Solorio is one of a growing number of agricultural businessmen who say they face an urgent shortage of workers. The flow of labor began drying up when President Obama tightened the border. Now President Trump is promising to deport more people, raid more companies and build a wall on the southern border.

Forum List

Back