Unemployment falls to 8.3%

bigreb is simply far wack scum so badly wanting to be considered mainstream American Values Guy.

He is anything but, and I lured him out to demonstrate how he embraces anti-American values.

What I find interesting is that the last four months the influence of the far right is waning daily. Thank heavens.

Jake listen up, I do not want to be mainstream anything I am my own man I have principles that I said for. And you?

bigreb is simply far wack scum so badly wanting to be considered mainstream American Values Guy.

He is anything but, and I lured him out to demonstrate how he embraces anti-American values.

What I find interesting is that the last four months the influence of the far right is waning daily. Thank heavens.

Jake listen up, I do not want to be mainstream anything I am my own man I have principles that I said for. And you?

You have no admirable values or ethics that you have demonstrated here on the board. You are clearly not a conservative, you clearly want America to fail. You have nothing of worth to offer.

This is a game changer for me folks:

“If you hold the workforce participation rate constant over the past year, unemployment would be about 8.9 percent instead of 8.3 percent,” GOP economist Matt McDonald of Hamilton Place Strategies said Monday on CNBC’s Squawk Box. "So it is a weird number that is out there, and I think people have to be looking at that carefully.”

The same Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report that showed unemployment dropping to 8.3 percent showed total workforce participation — the number of people either working or looking for work — declining by 1.2 million people in one month.

The unemployment rate is determined by dividing the number of unemployed job-seekers by the total labor force. By reducing the number of workers in the overall workforce, the Obama administration can show actual unemployment dropping, when, in fact, improvement has been marginal at best.

Many economists feel the official statistics seriously underestimate how bad the unemployment situation really is. They maintain that the key measure is the number of people who would like to have a job, but can’t find one.

When people retire from the workforce because of the aging of the nation’s population or give up looking for work because of prolonged unemployment, the BLS declares the unemployed person a “discouraged worker.”

At that point, the BLS lists them as “marginally attached to the workforce,” and they no longer are considered to be part of the nation’s working population.

Dropping them off the employment calculations keeps the unemployment rate substantially lower than it would be otherwise and has been key to the improvements in the unemployment numbers during the past year.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Unemployment Tricks: Jobs Claim Made by 'Shrinking' Workforce
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

BigReb may have had the source wrong, but the results are the same.

Last edited:
bigreb cannot receive PMs but he can send them, one of which came in a bit ago. Note the unbalanced observation and conclusion: "Fuck you and your lie. and no one but you and a few liberals and shit for brains cuntservative have called me a liar. So eat shit cum sucker."

This is why the party is turning each day to Romney. These far right wacks and hacks, with their sick little brains and sick hate for anything they do not like, are losing their grip in the party. Long ago these wacks were told their path would lead them here to their exclusion as important voices in American politics.

bigreb and his buds, like daveman and Dr. House, are neither conservatives nor pro-American. They want power at the expense of the great majority of their fellow citizens. Not going to happen.

You get me beat. All he said to me was "eat shit stupid son of a bitch" in a negrep.
Gee he must like me, all he said in the neg rep he gave me was, "idiot just a stupid fucking idiot." Now I feel slighted! :lol:

And did he also negrep you for bringing it up like the petty little asshole he is?

You have no admirable values or ethics that you have demonstrated here on the board. You are clearly not a conservative, you clearly want America to fail. You have nothing of worth to offer.

OK jake since I told you what I am and you disregarded that stop trying to make this thread about me. How about discussing the topic of this thread for once instead of DERAILING IT?

The Obama Admistration say 1.2 million unemployed no longer count. Wonder if they still VOTE?

“If you hold the workforce participation rate constant over the past year, unemployment would be about 8.9 percent instead of 8.3 percent,” GOP economist Matt McDonald of Hamilton Place Strategies said Monday on CNBC’s Squawk Box. "So it is a weird number that is out there, and I think people have to be looking at that carefully.”

The same Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report that showed unemployment dropping to 8.3 percent showed total workforce participation — the number of people either working or looking for work — declining by 1.2 million people in one month.

The unemployment rate is determined by dividing the number of unemployed job-seekers by the total labor force. By reducing the number of workers in the overall workforce, the Obama administration can show actual unemployment dropping, when, in fact, improvement has been marginal at best.

Many economists feel the official statistics seriously underestimate how bad the unemployment situation really is. They maintain that the key measure is the number of people who would like to have a job, but can’t find one.

When people retire from the workforce because of the aging of the nation’s population or give up looking for work because of prolonged unemployment, the BLS declares the unemployed person a “discouraged worker.”

At that point, the BLS lists them as “marginally attached to the workforce,” and they no longer are considered to be part of the nation’s working population.

Dropping them off the employment calculations keeps the unemployment rate substantially lower than it would be otherwise and has been key to the improvements in the unemployment numbers during the past year.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Unemployment Tricks: Jobs Claim Made by 'Shrinking' Workforce

That's what I have been trying to point out.

OK jake since I told you what I am and you disregarded that stop trying to make this thread about me. How about discussing the topic of this thread for once instead of DERAILING IT?

Then tell the truth about the number, stop lying. Really try to understand that you are coming up to speed on many issues, and it takes you awhile to understand things. You are mistaken in concept about the numbers. Follow saveliberty's posts carefully.

Except the BLS showed the labor force GROWING by 500,000 from 153,887 to 154,395
Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age

Last edited:

Then tell the truth about the number, stop lying. Really try to understand that you are coming up to speed on many issues, and it takes you awhile to understand things. You are mistaken in concept about the numbers. Follow saveliberty's posts carefully.

Read saveliberty's post

Except the BLS showed the labor force GROWING by 500,000 from 153,887 to 154,395
Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age

Doesn't matter it is the unemployed we are counting here. As near as I can decipher, the 2010 Census data meant the age groups were modified and as a result 1.2 million people were dropped and a new survey group established. It has been in effect for a while now and the recent decreases in unemployment numbers have been entirely due to a statistical measure change, not real jobs.

I'm not perfect on this guys. I actually would like to hear what pinqy has to say.

Please check out my post #1104 pinqy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back